View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Robert Langdon
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 148 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Robert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond repute
Robert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Langdon has a reputation beyond repute

Thoovanathumbikal

Rating – 9.5/10

A poignant masterpiece!! May be the best romantic movie ever made in Malayalam, thanks to the genius of late Padmarajan who is a pioneer at depicting the various emotions of life through his immaculate screenplays, that even today it has a cult status and huge fan following.

Plot: Based on a novel written by Padmarajan himself, it revolves around a bachelor who leads a contrasting dual life, named Jayakrishnan (Mohanlal), his intimacy & love towards two females: Clara (Sumalatha), a prostitute and a village girl Radha (Parvathy) and his confusions over who should be his life-partner amidst numerous complexities.

Evaluation: No words to describe the craftsmanship of Padmarajan, and anyone who is in doubt why he is considered may be the best film-maker of all time in Malayalam, do watch it for its never late!! Music by Perumbavoor G. Raveendranath is evergreen, bringing out the sensual and serene moods of the narrative. Re-recording by Johnson truly oozes out the romantic in you, a timeless piece of euphony! Acting was flawless all-round. Mohanlal and Sumalatha lives as JK and Clara illustrating all the complex emotions to its perfection. Parvathy, Babu Namboothiri and Ashokan had pitched in beautiful performances.
I think Iím sick, and I donít know if my ailment has a name. Itís just me sitting and staring at the internet or the television for long periods of time, interspersed by trying to not do that and then lying about what Iíve been doing.