PDA

View Full Version : -=:COMMONWEALTH GAMES:=-

AppuS
10-03-2010, 04:26 PM
This is a thread dedicated for Common wealth games 2010 which is to be conducted in INDIA

http://www.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2010-Commonwealth-Games.png

I will try my level best for getting Online Streaming TV for common wealth games as it will be really useful for you guys to watch it online (Please give me some time and i will try my level best to get one)

Please help me to make this thread active...

I AM PROUD TO PRESENT BEFORE YOU SS CWG TV

This is all about online CWG Streaming for watching CWG From Internet

CLICK ME TO GO THERE (http://sstv.zxq.net/)

Visit Snehasallapam TV (http://www.sstv.zxq.net) PLEASE

AppuS
10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Man what a grand function is taking place At Delhi They are really rocking , What i am not getting about is that why on earth was the Medias saying bad about INDIA CWG ?

Kannettan
10-03-2010, 07:37 PM
great thread da.this shud be moved to main section

chunakuttan
10-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Good initiative in the best time........pls update point table in front page...... :thanks:

Kannettan
10-03-2010, 07:46 PM
thnx mods for movin to main section

chunakuttan
10-03-2010, 07:48 PM
thnx mods for movin to main section

OK..................GOOD

Kannettan
10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
live cermony in dd national

~Saji~
10-03-2010, 08:20 PM
vere oraalkku thonniyillallo ennaalochikkumbol, albhutham thonnunnu...

thanks ....

Kannettan
10-03-2010, 08:21 PM
vere oraalkku thonniyillallo ennaalochikkumbol, albhutham thonnunnu...

thanks ....
gopikrishna..:salute:
avane ivide kondu vanna njan double:salute::ayye::ayye:

~Saji~
10-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Teams okke stadiuthilekku nadannadukkunnu....Rashtrapathi Prathibha patilum, Charles rajakumaaranum ulkhaadanam cheyyum..

Kannettan
10-03-2010, 08:35 PM
kinnan setup...lokothara nilavaram
gr8888

~Saji~
10-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Ulkhadanam kazhinju....

varnaabhamaaya thudakkam...

kuttoos
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
koothara munshi..njan ithinu thread idan poyappol udakki ...bjp munshi :pukel:

anukutty
10-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Kalmaadiye koovi thalliyennu kettu.Manmohan singh pedichu poyennum kettu:ayye:

~Saji~
10-03-2010, 11:23 PM
kalmaadiyude tholikkatti okke sammathikkanam......kandaamrigam kandaal naanichu athmahathya cheyyum..

arunrc
10-03-2010, 11:26 PM
kalmadiye pole ullavar karanam anu CWG nte peril India kure pazhi kettathu. @%$@

Palakkaadan
10-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Kalmaadiyalla Delhiyile chila Oochaali Govt departments like NDMC, DDA thudangiya naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaariya depts aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanu ithinu kaaaaaaaaaaaaranakkaaaaaaaaaaaaar

kuttoos
10-04-2010, 03:52 AM
kalmaadiyude tholikkatti okke sammathikkanam......kandaamrigam kandaal naanichu athmahathya cheyyum..

parupady thakarthallo pinne enthonnu kalmaadi:parihasam:

UPA :kayyadi:

anukutty
10-04-2010, 03:54 AM
parupady thakarthallo pinne enthonnu kalmaadi:parihasam:

UPA :kayyadi:
Uvva uvva:giggle:

kuttoos
10-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Uvva uvva:giggle:

cheyyunna joli-l 100% dedication nadathiyal chilappol pazhy kelkkendy varum :parihasam: pulli neat anennalla pakshe avishyamillathe kure pazhi kettu cwg

Pratibha Patil declares Games open; Prince Charles reads out a message from the Queen
India switched on its spotlights on Sunday evening to display its new vibrant, energetic and progressive avatar providing its guests from the Commonwealth nations a glimpse of its art and culture at the opening ceremony of the Games.

For precisely three hours, all the unsavoury episodes in the days leading to this spectacular event were forgotten and the audience of around 60,000 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here carried home memories of a gala evening that presented a fine mix of the country's glorious past, a dynamic present and a promising future.

Against low expectations and mounting criticism of India's capabilities to hold the Games in keeping with its growing reputation of a developing economy, the show did more than just entertain those present. It left the audience upbeat and restored the country's pride that had been so badly bruised in the weeks gone by.

There were several moments that brought the roars from an enthusiastic Delhi crowd. Among those, the one that stood out — soon after Prince Charles read out a message from the Queen — was when President Pratibha Patil declared the Games open, with the words, “Let the Games begin.”

A little earlier, Olympic bronze medallist Sushil Kumar handed over the much-travelled Queen's Baton to Prince Charles. Boxer Vijender Singh carried the baton into the stadium, passed it to five-time world women's boxing champion Mary Kom before it reached shooter Samaresh Jung and Sushil.

The sombre spirit was lifted with the rising of the aerostat — the much-talked about helium balloon costing over Rs. 40-crore — that spectacularly displayed the magnified images of the happenings on the ground below.

The ‘Rhythms of India,' a vibrating five-minute show comprising 800 drummers set the tempo. Thereafter, 1,050 school children from the capital performed choreography of Namaste, an acknowledged sign of welcome and respect to the guests.

The song, Swagatam, smartly incorporated nuances of Hindustani, Carnatic and Qawwali forms of music, with the credit for this fine fusion going to noted singer Hariharan. The customary athletes' parade was headed by Australia, the superpower in Commonwealth sports. India, led by Olympic champion shooter Abhinav Bindra, brought up the rear to thunderous ovation. Never before would an Indian contingent have turned out so smartly for any Games.

Bindra later took the athletes' oath and among various presentations that followed, the “Great Indian Journey” encapsulated 5,000 years of Indian culture, after an eye-catching presentation by the Indian Railways.

The grand finale featuring music composer A.R. Rahman was a fitting one, with his Jai Ho turning out to be more popular than the theme song, Jiyo Utho Bado Jeeto.

Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi was booed by a section of the crowd.
The Hindu : News / National : Commonwealth Games off to colourful start (http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article811307.ece?homepage=true)

kuttoos
10-04-2010, 04:01 AM
http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/archive/00262/IN03_CWG_262657a.jpg

adippan..ithinte video kananam

Mr.Lonely
10-04-2010, 04:20 AM
stadium strong alle?

jayakrishnan
10-04-2010, 06:55 AM
stong aanu...double strong....

sertzui
10-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Excellent stuff, was stunned by the Opening ceremony.

Ithinte peru "KWG" ennu akamayirunnu- Kalmadi Wealth Games.

jayakrishnan
10-04-2010, 07:12 AM
SS Hong Kong get together...today after 6 pm..................
everyone take a ticket and fly......................
me and sertz reached already......

sertzui
10-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Athu sheri, trainingil annu ennu paranju SS nokunno.. Screenil nokku SIR

jayakrishnan
10-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Athu sheri, trainingil annu ennu paranju SS nokunno.. Screenil nokku SIR

ss nokkathe ulla training onnum vendaaaa

kuttoos
10-04-2010, 07:53 AM
ss nokkathe ulla training onnum vendaaaa

jakri hong kong-l ethiyo
@sertzui jk-de koode nadannu cheetha avalle
@jk sertzui-de koode nadannu cheetha avalle
:read:

kuttoos
10-04-2010, 08:09 AM
MkSWE9UZjdE
:dance::kollaam: :kayyadi:

sertzui
10-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Njangal rendum eni nanavoola !

jakri hong kong-l ethiyo
@sertzui jk-de koode nadannu cheetha avalle
@jk sertzui-de koode nadannu cheetha avalle
:read:

~Saji~
10-04-2010, 08:36 AM
thanks kutttoos...kalakkan...

double chankan
10-04-2010, 08:44 AM
wowwwwwwwwww.. that was endiran (visual extrawaganza) live..

kalmadi last kurach paisa irakki...

anukutty
10-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks kuttoos.Nayanaabhamaaya kaazcha thanney.

Alphi
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks kuttoos........

AppuS
10-04-2010, 04:57 PM
gopikrishna..:salute:
avane ivide kondu vanna njan double:salute::ayye::ayye:

Hehe Credits goto you tooo

double chankan
10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
CWG: India wins two more medals in weightlifting - Sports News - IBNLive (http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cwg-india-wins-two-more-medals-in-weightlifting/132353-5.html?from=imalerts)

double chankan
10-04-2010, 09:21 PM
india 6th in the medal tally

tonykuttan
10-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Innu naalu medal swanthamakkiya indian weightlifters'nu congratz....:kayyadi::kayyadi:

Neelakantan
10-05-2010, 12:39 AM

ee paripadi kazhinjo? any updates? pics?:flower:

Neelakantan
10-05-2010, 12:43 AM
@gopi krishnan

ingane nadakkunna paripadikalude updates front page'il ittal nannayirikkum... medal tally okke...

Emmes is the best person to start such threads... thread update cheythu vekkunnath ellarum emmesine kandu padikkanam...

Antony Moses
10-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Waiting for the 'indian weightlifters caught doping' news.

BilalJohn
10-05-2010, 10:31 AM
indiaku shootingil gold.

AppuS
10-05-2010, 06:57 PM
ohhh that is really cool anghane oru gold kitty....

AppuS
10-05-2010, 06:58 PM

AppuS
10-05-2010, 07:00 PM
After two days of hard work i finally am ready with the SS CWG TV hope you guys will like this and will support me for more of these please do use this facility...

You can use this to watch CWG from Internet even while you are @ work....

AppuS
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Please make sure that you guys use this link just in SS coz this website is hosted in my FTP server and it do have some bandwidth limits so over usage may interupt continues service of this SS CWG TV

~Saji~
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Indiakku 5-am swarnnam....

Gusthiyil anilkumar :cheers:

AppuS
10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Sajiyetta did you check the link ? To SS CWG TV how is it ?

~Saji~
10-05-2010, 07:08 PM
gusthiyil 3 swarnnam...

~Saji~
10-05-2010, 07:09 PM
shootting 5 swarnnam....abhinav bindra :kayyadi:

AppuS
10-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Hmm india is shining ha ? PLZ look @ this link Snehasallapam TV (http://www.sstv.zxq.net)

AppuS
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Do any one think that India have hope in Hockey ?

double chankan
10-05-2010, 11:23 PM
3 gold in wrestling

double chankan
10-05-2010, 11:25 PM

kollalo videon.. reps for ur efforts...

Ali Imran
10-05-2010, 11:31 PM
thnks gopi :)

Kannettan
10-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Hmm india is shining ha ? PLZ look @ this link Snehasallapam TV (http://www.sstv.zxq.net)
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
macha great effort da..repped
janga jaga jaga :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Kannettan
10-06-2010, 12:21 AM

After two days of hard work i finally am ready with the SS CWG TV hope you guys will like this and will support me for more of these please do use this facility...

You can use this to watch CWG from Internet even while you are @ work....
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

AppuS
10-06-2010, 07:02 AM
Thank you all thanks for your support and i promise you that i will do better the next time

AppuS
10-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Guys is there any way to post a HTML code over here ?

kuttoos
10-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Guys is there any way to post a HTML code over here ?

Ente arivil HTML disabled anu

Saroj Kumar
10-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Info System
(http://results.cwgdelhi2010.org/en/Root.mvc/Medals)

jayakrishnan
10-06-2010, 01:24 PM
YouTube - Newsman Laughs at Diplomat named "Dikshit" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QVzKihKiYI)

some bad comments about sheela deekshith , CM of Delhi in a show about commonwealth games.... A New Zealand TV station

radheyam
10-06-2010, 01:25 PM
YouTube - Newsman Laughs at Diplomat named "Dikshit" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QVzKihKiYI)

some bad comments about sheela deekshith , CM of Delhi in a show about commonwealth games.... A New Zealand TV station

enthaanu news?

jayakrishnan
10-06-2010, 01:27 PM
just on her name... and make comments by pronouncing her name as d**ck s**t

Bean
10-06-2010, 01:31 PM
www.outlookindia.com | Low Caratage Gold
(http://outlookindia.com/article.aspx?267298)
India won three medals at the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008, surpassing by two its previous best at an Olympics. One of the medals in Beijing was a gold—the first ever in individual sport at the world’s biggest sporting stage. Compare this to India’s achievement at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, where India won 50 medals—22 gold, 17 silver, 11 bronze. But doesn’t this 22-17-11 haul seem a rather lopsided figure, more so beside the more decidedly modest 1-0-1 at Beijing?
To get a perspective on the sporting standard you are likely to witness at the CWG next week, compare India’s position on the medals table in Melbourne to that in Beijing—fourth in the 2006 CWG, but way lower at 50th in the 2008 Olympics. (Roughly, a third of the Olympic nations [205] participate in the CWG [71].) The staggering fall in India’s fortunes has a simple reason: the CWG are bloated by the detritus of world sport, pitting the greats, and often the commonplace, against weaklings.
It’s like a kid wrestling with his dad—there can be only one result. For instance, India’s 22 gold medals at Melbourne included 17 in shooting, a feat caused by the virtual absence of CWG countries in the world of shooting. In Beijing, there were 15 gold medals to be won in shooting. Of these, only one came to a CWG country—to India’s Abhinav Bindra. Of 45 medals available, only one other was won by a CWG nation—that’s a total of 2 out of 45. “The Olympic Games are the supreme event,” Bindra told Outlook. “It’s actually not fair to compare the Olympics with events like the Asian Games or the CWG.”

Progress for India at the CWG can be gauged by the medals it wins in competitions where the field is world-class.

India’s three other gold medals in Melbourne came in weightlifting (3, all in the women’s competition), table tennis (2) and boxing (1). In all these events, the Commonwealth cupboard is quite bare—for instance, CWG countries didn’t win a single medal out of 135 on the table at the recent World Weightlifting Championship in Turkey. In table tennis, there is no player from the CWG countries in the top-40 of the men’s rankings; among the women, there is none in the top-100. This is what makes Vijender Singh so special—he was the only winner from amongst the Commonwealth country sportsmen at the World Boxing Championship in Milan last year. In the recent World Wrestling Championship in Moscow, only three of the 84 medals were won by CWG countries—Canada, Nigeria and India (gold by Sushil Kumar).
But this isn’t to say that CWG is a sodden walk-over...it certainly is not. The concept of the Commonwealth—nations bound by ties of colonialism that, in reality, were broken decades ago—may not have geopolitical significance. But in sport, they are not without champions, but essentially from Australia, England, Kenya and, more recently, Jamaica. Real progress for India in the CWG, if it’s made, can be gauged by the number of medals it wins in events dominated by these nations—not in shooting, boxing or wrestling.
On track, water and wheels, several CWG countries rock the sporting firmament. At the athletics World Championship in Berlin last year, among the top-10 on the medals tally were five Commonwealth nations—Jamaica, Kenya, Great Britain, South Africa and Australia. In the world Aquatics Championships last year, Australia was fifth with 19 medals, Britain sixth with nine. In this year’s World track cycling championships, Australia was the best with 10 medals, Britain second with nine and Canada fifth with two golds. Of the 57 medals available, these three took 21, including 11 golds.
But in reality these stars of the sportsworld have no competition at all at the CWG to measure their skills against; the field, often, is hopelessly lopsided. P.T. Usha, who’s training Tintu Luka, a rare world-class Indian in athletics, agrees that the CWG provides a real test only in certain disciplines. “The level of competition is quite high in athletics,” Usha told Outlook. “The middle distance events, especially, are world-class, so winning a medal in them is akin to winning at the Olympics.” She says Tintu, on current timings, would be fourth in her 800m event at the CWG, though “of course, she’ll do her best to win a medal”.
The CWG have also suffered heavily from the marquee names—world and Olympic champions—pulling out of the Delhi event. One argument for the existence of the CWG—to give bit-players like, say, Grenada, a taste of a “world event” in an era of megabucks-fuelled Olympics—is undermined by the best athletes opting out of Delhi, and by the rich countries dominating this ‘colonial club’ event.
Indeed, the CWG does face a crisis of identity—it seems irrelevant in a world dominated, in both geopolitics and sport, by non-CWG countries. Big money at the more lucrative world championships and grand prix events has made CWG expendable for athletes, for they fall between the Olympics and several world championships, which are the real deal. Sports writer and academic Novy Kapadia says, “The CWG started out as friendly games which, while being competitive, had an aura of amateurism. Before the athletics World Championships, which started in 1983, the CWG were more relevant.”
Kapadia points out that the CWG has been the first sighting grounds for great champions in the past—Kip Keino, Daley Thompson, Steve Cram, Roger Bannister and our own Milkha Singh, for instance. But now it seems it is relegated to the background, especially if the best choose to sit out. “They prefer to prepare for big events or rest, rather than being here. It’s a pity that athletes like the best Caribbean sprinters, for instance, would be missing,” he says.
The CWG may still turn out to be a coming-out party for young men and women who’ll win the world. But the Games are struggling to find relevance. And, worse, the playing field is skewed—success in CWG must be met with a proportionate celebration.

Kannettan
10-06-2010, 07:37 PM
swimingil bronze

Kannettan
10-06-2010, 07:38 PM
new world record in swimming by australian

adarshadheeran
10-06-2010, 07:39 PM

:evil::evil::evil::evil:...

Kannettan
10-06-2010, 08:18 PM
weight liftingil swarnam

AppuS
10-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Hooo Australia is going up way beyond India in gold

Devadoothan
10-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Hooo Australia is going up way beyond India in gold
Exactly..!!!
They are really Superb...!!!!:cheers:

AppuS
10-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Da its just coz we dont have enough support from the nation as a sportsmen

Kannettan
10-10-2010, 06:54 AM
edit
(http://commonwealthgames.zeenews.com/delhi2010/Medal.aspx)

Inkal
10-10-2010, 05:35 PM
27 gold aayallo....

adarshadheeran
10-10-2010, 05:38 PM
tintu lookkakku vallathum kittiya:dance:

AppuS
10-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Look @ Ausis gold rate :o

Inkal
10-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Gold for india in track..... 4-400 m relay.... !!
32 golds now... best ever perfomance for india in CMG :rockit::rockit:

Kannettan
10-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Gold for india in track..... 4-400 m relay.... !!
32 golds now... best ever perfomance for india in CMG :rockit::rockit:
:salut::salut::salut::salut:
lead nedi koduthathu malayali

Mr.Cool
10-13-2010, 08:42 AM
kezboiU3l-w

wow....simply amazing!

:kayyadi:

edit by kuttoos: ethrem nalayittu youtube video idan ariyille ?

double chankan
10-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Look @ Ausis gold rate :o

pavanu etraya???

Mr.Cool
10-13-2010, 08:48 AM
James Pearce - Listen to incredible noise inside Delhi's athletics stadium as India win 4x400 relay gold. Fantastic - TwitVid (http://www.twitvid.com/GWHSW)

kuttoos
10-13-2010, 08:50 AM
thanks cool...kidu kidu....

double chankan
10-13-2010, 08:51 AM
thnx cool.. dat was thrilling..

~Saji~
10-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks cool...super :cheers:

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I got some fantastic pics related to opening ceremony of Common Wealth Games.

Mr.Cool
10-13-2010, 09:14 AM
The Hindu : Sport / Athletics : Indian women pull off historic track win (http://www.thehindu.com/sport/athletics/article827217.ece)

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00268/Relay_268052f.jpg

The ambience was electric. So was the performance.

There was a medal rush by the Indians at the Commonwealth Games here on Tuesday and for a brief moment, one almost lost count.

A gold by the women's mile relay team and four bronze medals marked the concluding day of track and field action at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. The bronze medals came from triple jumper Renjith Maheswary, javelin thrower Kashinath Naik, both in the men's section, and from both the sprint relay teams.

What India could not achieve in more than fifty years at the Commonwealth Games, it managed to do in just five magical days in Delhi. India had won just nine track and field medals at the Games, starting with Milkha Singh's gold in 1958 before Delhi, but now, with only the marathon to go on Thursday, we already have 12 medals, including two golds.

UNBELIEVABLE

“It's unbelievable, I've never seen some of the girls run like this before,” said P.T. Usha, after watching the 4x400 relay women win the gold.

Ashwini Chidananda, a hurdler, ran the race of her life to overtake Nigerian Dammy Abogunloko and gave India the lead midway through the third leg. Mandeep Kaur, the anchor, continued the good work to give the host its second gold of these Games and its first-ever relay gold in the Games history. Manjeet Kaur and Sini Jose ran the first two legs.

“We're very happy, we were sure of the bronze, the gold is a big surprise,” said Mandeep after the golden run which was timed at 3:27.77s. “Our baton exchange was very good.”

Ashwini's confidence was a notch higher. “We expected to win the gold. We knew we'd win if we beat Nigeria. And we did.”

The medals were so quick in coming, five of them in around two hours, that the nearly 45,000 spectators at the stadium were left dazed in pure joy.

H.M. Jyothi was dazed too after leading the women's 4x100m relay team to the bronze, its first sprint relay medal in the Games' history. Our short sprinters have often been so poor in quality that the country sometimes doesn't even field teams at the Commonwealth Games.

But today, with S. Geetha, Srabani Nanda, P.K. Priya and Jyothi on track, it was a different day.

“I asked Geetha whether this is all a dream,” said Jyothi, from Karnataka. “I couldn't believe it. I was unwell.”

But it could have been a silver but Ghana's Janet Amposah, with a smart dip at the tape, denied India the honour.

double chankan
10-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Indian athlete caught for doping

Sethu Madhavan
10-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Indian athlete caught for doping
who.........

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Common Wealth 2010 Inaugural Ceremony Pics
http://i55.tinypic.com/zohnd.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/16ap4yu.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2njhvno.jpg

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 12:48 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/243mb60.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/33ascn7.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/a1uae0.jpg

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 12:50 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/1r7tqo.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2e2eyk5.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/in7h5h.jpg

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 12:52 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/o91q47.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/dyb1fr.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/152deh2.jpg

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 12:55 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/j7qfjd.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/f5at54.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/jpztr7.jpg

double chankan
10-13-2010, 12:56 PM
who.........

didnt reveal... b sample test pending

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 12:57 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/1e304y.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/v2tz6t.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/n6uof7.jpg

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 01:00 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/xehjro.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/1zlagbk.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/n9khz.jpg

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 01:01 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/209q4iq.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/b5i0xd.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2aa0ar5.jpg

EmmeS
10-13-2010, 01:04 PM
To be continued after some replies....:smile:

kuttoos
10-13-2010, 04:46 PM
thanks emmes...opening ceremony nannayirunnu...closing athilum kidukkatte :cheers:

Inkal
10-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks emmes..

AppuS
10-13-2010, 06:26 PM
thanks for the cool pics EmmeS :karakkam:

lalistheonlySuperStar
10-14-2010, 10:59 AM
INDIA AUS HOCKEY FINAL STARTS @ 11:30 AM

Aanandan
10-14-2010, 11:13 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/209q4iq.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/b5i0xd.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2aa0ar5.jpg

thanks emmes.............. njan opening ceremony muzhuvan TVyil kandirunnu......

sweety
10-14-2010, 11:36 AM
woww fantastic topic.. nalla pics.. thanks for sharing..
e ballon nte karyam.. kore cash chelav ayinn keta athyme.. pine news paper il just oru white ballon nte peril ethre cash chelav akiya kandapo entho pole thoni,,,

but on opening day.... ohhh e ballon nte effect kandapo njetti poi.. so superbbb . games opening ethre adipoli akum india il vichariche eelllaaa. but ellam adipoli ayit nadanu.. just adipli word um pora ethinn..

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks all...

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:13 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2itk68i.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/eg3bcg.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/t82e52.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:17 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/1220uhi.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/1220uhi.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/28v7rdz.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2d6pliu.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:18 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2rojqj7.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:18 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/w1301v.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:19 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2w5mte9.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2wrknsi.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:21 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2s6t46p.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:22 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/qzgawy.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:22 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/6is9ig.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2n84uir.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:24 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/o89z6o.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:24 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/jh3muf.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:25 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2nq6zyh.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:26 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ccmm49.jpg

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 01:27 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/9kuir7.jpg

kuttoos
10-14-2010, 04:48 PM
thanks emmes :cheers:

lalistheonlySuperStar
10-14-2010, 04:58 PM
saina wins the gold :kayyadi:

tonykuttan
10-14-2010, 05:05 PM

gr8....:kayyadi::kayyadi:

saharapookal
10-14-2010, 05:06 PM
ithu almost nammal confirmed aakiyath thanneyanu....

Kannettan
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
2nd aayi alle :kalakki:

AppuS
10-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Bheekaran india

EmmeS
10-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Welcome 2 all...

kuttoos
10-15-2010, 06:09 AM
The brilliant show over the last 12 days, portrayed in full by the dreams and aspirations of the youth within the Commonwealth, passed in to the recess of history as the biggest ever Commonwealth Games came to a close here on Thursday evening in an atmosphere marked with relaxed friendship, camaraderie and colourful festivity.

And finally as the curtain of the quadrennial extravaganza, held in Asia for the second time, was rung down at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, there was a tear in almost every eye as the nearly 7000 participants bid goodbye to the National capital with a heavy heart.

When compared to the October 3 opening ceremony, which was marked with both glitz and glamour, the grand finale would have fallen short of expectations.

EXHILARATING

But nevertheless, there was still a variety of dances, exhilarating music and warmth in every segment, carefully crafted for the evening.

The mood of the occasion, however, often criss-crossed the expected boundaries as the 60,000 crowd got involved, lustily cheering and encouraging the artistes with standing ovations.

The ceremony got to its official business with the arrival of dignitaries including the Vice President, M. Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward, the UPA chairperson, Sonia Gandhi and the CGF president, Michael Fennell.

The solemnity of the occasion was also marked by the rendering of the National anthem and the tricolours fluttering in the giant aerostat, which was re-erected for the day's proceedings.

And straightaway, the table was laid out with the opening segment labelled Agni, featuring the fiery and passionate traditions of Indian martial arts; some of them having originated more than 3000 years ago.

There was no shortage of entertainment as the artistes of eight martial forms — Kalaripayattu, Naga Warriors, Thang-Ta, Gatka, Silambam, Akhada, Dhan Patta and Talwaar Raas — set the tone and tenor of the celebrations with their dexterity and skillfulness.

The display of the Military band, which took centre-stage thereafter, too was simply a standout affair as it regaled the audience with the rendering of popular patriotic songs including “Sare Jahan Se Acha” which served to lift the spirits of the entire gathering.

The tempo was further driven to a crescendo as school children served out the main offering of the day — captivating the crowd and leaving them speechless — with a flawless display to the tune of the National song, Vande Mataram. A tribute to the motherland it definitely was as the 2010 participants wove patterns in rangoli fashion and then continued to form the Ashoka Chakra exactly in the middle of the field.

Quite naturally, the crowd was driven to a world of delirium and even as the ambience remained electrifying, there was no hesitation on the part of the audience to provide a standing ovation to the athletes — the real heroes of the Games — as they trouped in through a jumbled march past.

This marked the commencement of the protocol part of the evening, with Shera, the mascot of the Games, bidding goodbye. The Organising Committee chairman, Suresh Kalmadi, was jeered once again as he delivered a formal welcome, leading to the handing over of the CGF flag to the next host city of the Games by the Delhi Lt.Governor, Tejinder Khanna..

It was received by chairman of the Glasgow 2014 OC chairman, the Lord Smith of Kelvin. This was followed by a presentation of Glasgow OC.

MEMORABLE AFFAIR

The stage was finally set for the official closing of the Games, and Mr. Fennell in his address said that the Games had captured the attention of the world before acknowledging that Delhi 2010 has been a truly memorable affair.

“Delhi, you have delivered a truly exceptional Games. Thank you Delhi,” he said. Jamaican triple jumper and gold medallist Trecia Smith was awarded the David Dixon award for being the best athlete of the Games before Prince Edward officially announced the closing of the Games.

The highlight of the post-protocol events was a laser show and the musical gala featuring a host of noted singers. The grand spectacle as it drew to a close also saw the Delhi skies being lit up by some spectacular fireworks. The air, filled with clouds of smoke, was also soaked with a tinge of sadness. Goodbye Delhi!

The Hindu : Sport / Other Sports : Curtain rung down on Delhi extravaganza (http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/article830735.ece)
:adipoli::adipoli::adipoli:

critics :ennekollu:

Niranjan
10-15-2010, 06:10 AM
India finished 2 nd :rock: :rock: :rock:

Pakshe Hockey final oru tragedy ayipoyi :deviltalk: