PDA

View Full Version : India v/s Windies Series 2011...

Pages : [1] 2 3

ik7
06-04-2011, 01:53 PM
The two captains pose with the trophy ahead of Saturday's Twenty20 game, Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, June 3, 2011

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133700/133711.jpg

realfan
06-04-2011, 01:56 PM
what time in IST is todays match?

ik7
06-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Darren Sammy and Suresh Raina share a light moment in the pre-match press conference, Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, June 3, 2011

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133700/133712.jpg

In the Press, Chris Gayle shadow still looms large...

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/130300/130359.jpg

Chris Gayle's shadow hung over the press conference. It was Suresh Raina who nailed Gayle's impact in a delightful moment of humour-infused candour. The question was a direct one: Are you relieved or are you disappointed that Gayle isn't playing?
"To be honest I am a bit relieved at the moment," Raina said, as the press room filled with laughter.

The mood, though, turned sombre when the Gayle issue was put forward to the West Indies captain and the coach. Uncomfortable silence was punctuated by a note of defiance. It's an issue that has dogged West Indies for a while now and seems to be heading into a cul-de-sac. And so necks craned forward when the coach Ottis Gibson, who is alleged to have had problems with Gayle, was asked for his opinion. Gibson paused before he tried to be diplomatic.
"There is a lot being said. I have left the board to deal with it and have tried to focus on cricket. I have been doing that since the Gayle issue started." The questioner persisted. Do you think both sides have been stubborn?
"I don't know." Silence.

It was Darren Sammy's turn next and he chose to take a detour around the question.
"It's an opportunity for all the other guys to perform." Diplomacy then gave way to pride.
"We won a Twenty20 and a Test match against Pakistan. We have not done it since 2009 and didn't win for 17 Tests. We have managed to draw the series at home against a higher-ranked team. The guys represented West Indies proudly and played their best. We are looking again to play a team and do well." No mention of Gayle in there. Conspiracy theorists will spin it the way they want and Sammy fans will say there's little else he, as a captain, could have said.

Later, as the conference ended and Gibson was on his way out, he was again asked by couple of journalists about the Gayle issue. Do you think the board will arrive at a compromise and Gayle be picked for the third ODI?
"They probably will." How are you going to react to that situation when Gayle comes back into the team? Pat came the reply:
"I don't have a choice."

The rest of the conference was mundane. Raina and Duncan Fletcher talked about how this was a good opportunity for the youngsters in the team, Gibson and Sammy said they were looking forward to testing their skills against India. Raina said all the right things.
"As long as you are playing for your country you get goosebumps. We have a responsibility to do well as the world champions. We will play our natural game and prepare for every match in a good way." Sammy, too, was upbeat.
"Playing the No.1 team in the world should be motivating to any player. To do best against the best".

Even as the press meet was on, it rained outside. The covers were on and the Indian team practiced largely indoors. More rain is forecast for tomorrow.

There was one further tricky question that awaited Sammy. It was a direct question about his place in the Test side and how he was handling the growing feeling that he wasn't fit to be in the playing XI. Sammy leaned forward and looked at the questioner.
"I go out and do what I have to do. Check the stats and stuff; I have done quite well as a Test cricketer. Whenever I step on to the field, I have West Indian cricket at heart. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I have the support of my team. I believe in my own ability and I just try to do my best. I try my best. When I step on the field I try to play cricket for all the fans who want to us to get back on top."

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/130400/130411.jpg

ik7
06-04-2011, 02:03 PM
what time in IST is todays match?

Newspaperil kandath Indian Standard Time 07:00pm aanennaa...

realfan
06-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Newspaperil kandath Indian Standard Time 07:00pm aanennaa...
:violin:

ik7
06-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Tour Fixtures:

Only T20I: West Indies v India at Port of Spain
Jun 4, 2011 (10:00 local | 14:00 GMT | 19:30 IST)

1st ODI: West Indies v India at Port of Spain
Jun 6, 2011 (09:00 local | 13:00 GMT | 18:30 IST)

2nd ODI: West Indies v India at Port of Spain
Jun 8, 2011 (09:00 local | 13:00 GMT | 18:30 IST)

3rd ODI: West Indies v India at North Sound
Jun 11, 2011 (09:00 local | 13:00 GMT | 18:30 IST)

4th ODI: West Indies v India at North Sound
Jun 13, 2011 (09:00 local | 13:00 GMT | 18:30 IST)

ik7
06-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Squads for today's T20 Game:

India squad

SK Raina*,
Harbhajan Singh,
R Ashwin,
S Badrinath,
S Dhawan,
V Kohli,
P Kumar,
A Mishra,
MM Patel,
PA Patel
†, YK Pathan,
WP Saha†,
I Sharma,
RG Sharma,
MK Tiwary,
R Vinay Kumar (http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-india-2011/content/squad/514949.html)

West Indies squad

DJG Sammy*,
CD Barnwell,
D Bishoo,
DM Bravo,
ADS Fletcher†,
DP Hyatt,
AR Nurse,
R Rampaul,
AD Russell,
MN Samuels,
K Santokie,
LMP Simmons (http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-india-2011/content/squad/517181.html)

Aaram ThampuraN
06-04-2011, 02:15 PM
:cheers::cheers:
innathe kali 7 manike anu enne paperile kandu

ik7
06-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Today's Match Preview:

Team news

West Indies' squad is almost identical to the one that beat Pakistan in the T20 on April 21. The only change is that Kemar Roach has been rested. He didn't play that game anyway. If they keep the winning combination, left-arm medium-pacer Krishmar Santokie will have to wait for his international debut.

West Indies (probable)
1 Lendl Simmons, 2 Andre Fletcher (wk), 3 Darren Bravo, 4 Marlon Samuels, 5 Danza Hyatt, 6 Darren Sammy (capt), 7 Christopher Barnwell, 8 Andre Russell, 9 Ashley Nurse, 10 Devendra Bishoo, 11 Ravi Rampaul

India's squad is so different from their usual ones, they have no previous to start from. The choices begin at the top, with Shikhar Dhawan and Parthiv Patel favourites as openers. The middle order should be a bit easier to pick, but it will be interesting to see if they go with two spinners and, if they choose to do so, who that second spinner will be. There could be an aversion to playing two offspinners, which is believed to be one of the reasons why R Ashwin lost out to Piyush Chawla in the World Cup squad. Munaf Patel and Praveen Kumar will be certainties in the pace attack.

India (probable)
1 Shikhar Dhawan, 2 Parthiv Patel (wk), 3 Suresh Raina (capt), 4 Virat Kohli, 5 & 6 two out of S Badrinath, Rohit Sharma and Manoj Tiwary, 7 Yusuf Pathan, 8 Harbhajan Singh, 9 Praveen Kumar, 10 Munaf Patel, 11 R Ashwin/R Vinay Kumar/Amit Mishra/Ishant Sharma

ik7
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
The two captains are a fascinating study.

Under Suresh Raina's previous watch, India finished third in a tri-series involving Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. He was leading a young team then; this one is not too dissimilar, which means the challenge is just as big.

Darren Sammy, on the other hand, will perhaps never play an international without having to justify his presence. Sometimes he passes in flying colours, as he did in the Test that they won against Pakistan, sometimes he doesn't; at all times he tries gamely, making you wonder what would be if some of the more talented West Indies players played with the same passion and persistence.

ik7
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
:cheers::cheers:
innathe kali 7 manike anu enne paperile kandu

athe... :cheers: :jaggu:

ik7
06-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Pitch and conditions:

There was heavy rain in Trinidad on the eve of the match, drenching the outfield and bringing the covers on. Scattered thunderstorms have been forecast for the weekend and the following week. If somehow the moisture induces pace and bounce into the pitches, that will be a blessing in disguise.

Stats and trivia:

This is the 200th T20 international. The first was played in February 2005. It took ODIs 12 years to reach No. 200. Incidentally, India and West Indies played the 200th ODI too.

When India beat West Indies in the 200th ODI, it was a major shock. If they do so in the 200th T20I, it won't be an upset but a minor milestone nonetheless, for India have never beaten West Indies in a T20I, losing at Lord's and Kensington Oval in their two previous clashes.

Quotes"

"We have to continue to put in the hard work. We are a confident group of young men, and we will go into the series with the belief that we can win."
Darren Sammy shows how mundane press conferences can sometimes be

"The West Indies team has been playing good cricket for the past few months, and we are not going to take them lightly."
Suresh Raina outdoes Sammy's "right areas"

pulijose
06-04-2011, 06:35 PM
All the best Team India...:kayyadi:
All the best for this thread...:kidu:

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:32 PM
T20 thudangi......

DD National-il kaanikkunnu....:odiko:

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Only 3 runs in 1st over...

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Payyanmar WI bowling-nu munnil viyarkkunnu...

9 in 2 ov...

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Dhawan poyi....Kohli vannu...:kayyadi:

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Parthiv 4....

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:49 PM
19/1 in 4 ov...

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
26/1 in 5 ov...

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Kohli kidu 4...

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Veendum Kohli vaka 4...

pulijose
06-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Parthiv 6...

pulijose
06-04-2011, 08:05 PM
48/3 in 7 ov...
Kohli, Parthiv out...

Njan...:odithalli:

Aaram ThampuraN
06-04-2011, 08:36 PM
64-4 ne :sadwalk:

Aaram ThampuraN
06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
india-91/4

baappootty
06-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Ind-159/6(20 overs)

baappootty
06-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Yusufine kurachu nerathe irkkendathaarnnu...Ennaaalum Gud total..

Sree
06-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Yusufine kurachu nerathe irkkendathaarnnu...Ennaaalum Gud total..

vann lineup alle..aarkku mele irakkaana...aake ulla paazhu dhawan aanu ...avanum keri form aayal windies :aye:

baappootty
06-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Innu Yuvi kalichille?
WI-22/2(4.3)

baappootty
06-04-2011, 09:36 PM
First wicket sherikkum out allaaarnnu...

baappootty
06-04-2011, 10:11 PM
WI-81/2(14.3)

pulijose
06-04-2011, 10:24 PM
93/5

pulijose
06-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Indiakku vijayathudakkam..:victory:

lalistheonlySuperStar
06-04-2011, 11:59 PM
jayichu alle? Gud

ik7
06-05-2011, 11:20 AM
T20 thudangi......

DD National-il kaanikkunnu....:odiko:

[-x njaanokke onnu kandotte....

All the best Team India...:kayyadi:
All the best for this thread...:kidu:

:ssrocks:

First wicket sherikkum out allaaarnnu...
aarude?simmons'nte alle? keeperude helmetil thattiyathaa ennu thonnunnu.....

LMP Simmons c Kohli b Ashwin 9 19 9 1 0 100.00
3.5 86.1 kph, given, was the conventional offspinner, Ashwin dropped it short, holding back the length, turned in sharply, Simmons was clearly cramped for room as it spun big, did he get an inside edge? It popped off Parthiv's gloves and Kohli took it off the ricochet at slip. Replays show it struck Parthiv's helmet. We don't really know if there was an inside edge, but even if there was one, that cannot be given out since the ball made contact with the fielder/keeper's helmet before being caught. Fletcher spoke to the umpire about that, but a replay wasn't called for. The original decision has been upheld and Simmons had to go. Replays again show that there was no contact with the bat either. It came off the thigh. A poor decision in the end 22/1

jayichu alle? Gud

thatteem mutteeem keri...Samuelsum Bravoyum mellepokk aayippoyi...aa barnwell ne neratthe irakkaamaayirunnu...

Indiakku vijayathudakkam..:victory:

angane kerikkooodi...

ik7
06-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Best Bowling O M R W Econ
DJG Sammy 4 0 16 4 4.00

2.6 to Dhawan, 126.0 kph, West Indies strike. Dhawan is gone, to a rather forgettable shot. Effort ball from Sammy, and at pace, there's no excuse for not seeing it early. It was banged in short, and bounced extra. Dhawan tried to stay beside the line and guide it over the slips, but never got into position. He ended up angling the bat at it, got the outside edge and the keeper takes it well, jumping up. 13/1

6.5 to Kohli, Kohli goes, and it is a moment for the cameramen. Slower ball from Sammy, full and enticing the early drive. Kohli fell for it, getting forward and looking to play across a little early, and he got a big leading edge. It ballooned up between point and cover, and both went for it. Not much calling, as Samuels and Hyatt converged. Almost a collision, but Hyatt holds the ball while Samuels holds Hyatt. And then they argue over who should have taken it! 48/2

6.6 to PA Patel, 103.1 kph, Sammy on a hat-trick! India have a long line-up, and seem keen to give everyone a chance today. Parthiv falls to the lack of pace this time, the offcutter gripped and came through late as he tried to square drive, and he ended up scooping it to point who had to jump up and pouch it. 48/3

8.4 to Raina, 110.5 kph, Captain takes captain out! Sammy has four, and he's been a revelation with the ball this Caribbean summer. Length ball, it is just the nagging hold he has had on the batsmen that has brought this about. The ball landed on a length and seemed to grip again, came off slower than Raina thought and he went for the expansive loft over midwicket. Ended up miscuing it straight to mid-on, who takes it well running back. 56/4

ik7
06-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Pre-Match Talks:

Toss: West Indies have won the toss and choose to bowl.

Sammy:
"There's a bit of weather around .. Always helps to bat second in that situation." West Indies are fielding the same XI that beat Pakistan in the lone T20.

Raina is wearing a blue pair of shoes. Reminds me of the Power shoe brand, famous in India!

Raina:
"Our guys have been playing a lot of cricket. It always does a bit in West Indies," says Raina, a veteran of two tours of West Indies before this. Badrinath and Dhawan get T20 debuts. India have an uber-strong line-up, with lots of in-form batsmen thanks to the IPL. There are five off-spinning options in the XI, and just two that seam.

ik7
06-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Post Match talks:

In the presentation ceremony,

Sammy:
"We stuck at it to start with but we let them get 20 runs too many. We need to go back to the drawing board. I was a little surprised by the pitch, it was a good decision to field but we didn't restrict them to the total we wanted. Dot balls have been plaguing us and we left it a little too late in the end. But with people like Barnwell, we know we can chase big Twenty20 totals. The batsmen should play the spinners better come Monday."

Raina:
"We played well, the bowlers executed the plans very well. This is the best fielding side we've had in the last four to five years. Our new coach Fletcher and Trevor Penny, the fielding coach, have helped us. Badri and Rohit set it up for us."

Badrinath is the Man of the Match:
"My form is good, and I'm happy to start the tour well. The track was a little similar to what we have back in India, so that helped. We initially thought of getting close to 140. It was tough to bat, and it was damp, but we played some shots in the end to get to 160."

ik7
06-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Some Light Moments:

I wonder why this strong man, Ravi Rampaul not been in the IPL..

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133700/133733.jpg
Shikhar Dhawan tries to steal a run off Ravi Rampaul's bowling, West Indies v India, Only Twenty20, Port of Spain, June 4, 2011

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133700/133739.jpg
Danza Hyatt and Marlon Samuels almost collided while attempting a catch, West Indies v India, Only Twenty20, Port of Spain, June 4, 2011

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133700/133741.jpg
Darren Sammy finished with a four-for, West Indies v India, Only Twenty20, Port of Spain, June 4, 2011

ik7
06-05-2011, 12:22 PM
And, Indian Captain Suresh Raina with the Trophy:

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133700/133759.jpg
Suresh Raina poses with the winners' trophy, West Indies v India, Only Twenty20, Port of Spain, June 4, 2011

ik7
06-05-2011, 12:25 PM
S Badrinath showed some character playing in a tough wicket..

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133700/133748.jpg
S Badrinath hoists an extra-cover drive, West Indies v India, Only Twenty20, Port of Spain, June 4, 2011

ik7
06-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Bajji shines both with Bat N' Ball..

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133700/133751.jpg
Harbhajan Singh nipped out the top-scorers of the innings in his final over, West Indies v India, Only Twenty20, Port of Spain, June 4, 2011

ik7
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Sammy hopes for improvement against spin

Trouble looms large for West Indies against spin. It was with spin that Pakistan pinned them in May and it's with spin again that India will strive to get them. West Indies' captain Darren Sammy, however, was hopeful his batsmen would put up a better show against India in the ODI series, even though they struggled in the one-off Twenty20.

Sammy based that belief on the experience gained by the West Indian batsmen against Pakistan's spinners. He reckoned Harbhajan Singh would be easier to deal with because he doesn't have the guile of Saeed Ajmal. "We should play Harbhajan better than we did against Pakistan. Ajmal was different. He was very difficult to pick because of his doosra. Harbhajan, in contract, is more orthodox and our batters should do well against him."

Ajmal and Mohammad Hafeez grabbed 12 of the 26 wickets that fell to bowlers in the five-ODI series and India have two offspinners as well, in Harbhajan and R Ashwin. Sammy took positives from the Twenty20 defeat against India, saying though his batsmen couldn't score freely they showed they could keep their wickets.

Sammy said that rotating the strike will be the key, a discipline he stressed on even against Pakistan. In Saturday's Twenty20, there were 58 dot balls. "You can't get bogged down. They [batsmen] have been working hard with Desmond Haynes," he said. "Each individual will have his game plan and the focus should be to rotate the strike. You will have to sweep, use your feet, play with soft hands, all those things come into play."

Sammy was still irked by the fact that the pitches continue to be slow and spin-friendly in the Caribbean. "The tracks have slowed down in the last decade or so. We have seen the Indians struggle against bounce and pace in the past but we haven't had wickets to suit us for some time now. There is little we can do about it. We have to play on the tracks that groundsmen produce"

Sammy hoped the presence of Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo and Ramnaresh Sarwan could improve the prospects of his team. "Everyone knows what Pollard can do. Bravo and Sars will add experience. Then there are the youngsters like Darren Bravo and Bishoo. Darren has the flair of Lara but he wants to make his own name, which is very good. He can be the next great West Indian batsman. He is working hard."

It's the batting that Sammy is worried about. He is confident that his bowling attack can defend 250 against India on these tracks. That may be debatable but the real battle will be between West Indian batsmen v Indian spin.

ik7
06-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Captains rarely evoke sympathy. Darren Sammy does, because of the context of West Indies cricket. If he were captain of any other "weaker" side, it wouldn't be this bad. It's the burden of West Indies cricket, with its glorious past and strong leaders, which puts him under pressure. He almost doesn't fit. It's our fault really, for judging him based on nostalgia of West Indian glory, but it is he who bleeds.

Apply salve on the wound and carry on with his chin up is all that Sammy can do. "My family sends up prayers and the blessings come down," he says. "The almighty looks out." When humans are criticising, he has no choice but to dive into his faith to look after himself. Before the series began, Sammy was asked about his place in the Test side. "I go out and do what I have to do. Check the stats and stuff, I have done quite well as a Test cricketer. Whenever I step on to the field, I have West Indian cricket at the heart."

He is not West Indies' best bowler, he is not their best batsman but Sammy is their captain. It's his cross to carry and Sammy has decided to simply focus on his game. He says all the right things. Yet cracks show in his visage. There's a gaping Chris-Gayle sized hole to fill. Through the World Cup, Sammy often mentioned how Gayle was a motivational figure and how he sought his advice.

This is when Sammy's sympathetic figure helps. Not many in the Caribbean blame him for the Gayle fiasco. The heat has been turned on the board, the coach Ottis Gibson, and Gayle himself. "What can poor Sammy do? He is just doing a job that he has been asked to do, and he is doing it to the best of his ability," says a fan. "It's not his fault that he became the captain but he is trying his best to do justice."

It's that sentiment that evokes sympathy. Sammy didn't become captain because of his ambition. He became captain because the WICB was wary of the ambitions of other men, who have fallen out of favour. It's a situation similar to when Raj Singh Dungarpur, then the BCCI president, caught Mohammad Azharuddin, shy and unambitious at the time, unawares with an often quoted line from cricket lore: "Mian, captain banaoge?" (Do you want to be the captain?). Azharuddin, though, was in a different league as far as cricketing skills go compared to Sammy.

Sammy knows all he can do is to keep doing his stuff. Shut out the world. Pull down the blinds. And keep improving his game. "I have enjoyed the captaincy. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I have the support of my team," he says. "I believe in my ability and try my best. I can be more consistent with my performances and I am striving to do that."

The question, though, is still resonating in the Caribbean. Is the team more united under Sammy? Is he being the captain best for West Indies cricket? Or is he just a stopgap solution?

ik7
06-06-2011, 10:57 AM
The Preview

Big Picture

It's their first ODI assignment as world champions, and India are fielding a second-string team. The IPL has won out over West Indies in terms of player priority, but will the hosts be able to make the Indians pay for their decision? When India and West Indies played for the first time after their meeting in the 1983 World Cup final, the Indians were taught a bitter lesson in a 5-0 thrashing by the still pre-eminent team in world cricket then. Replicating that is beyond the present West Indies outfit, but they promise a closely-fought series, boosted by the return of Dwayne Bravo.

If the only Twenty20 international was anything to go by, the West Indies batting was vulnerable against spin, a continuation of its problems against the slow bowlers from the Pakistan series. The spin-friendly pitch at the Queen's Park Oval made it worse for them, and their woes could recur if the surface plays the same.

There is much curiosity off the field, though. Chris Gayle made a glitzy appearance in the crowd for the Twenty20, and kept us guessing with his tweets, hinting that things vis--vis his return were shaping up for the better. He's not been picked for the first two ODIs, but there's no doubting the impact he'll have if differences with the board are settled, at least in the short term.

Second-string or not, India are still world champions, and Suresh Raina will be under pressure to ensure his team delivers a performance worthy of that title and prevent any damage to its pride after a heated build-up to the tour.

The spotlight

R Ashwin has been around the Indian domestic scene for a long time, but rose to prominence during the IPL, capping off another successful season in Chennai Super Kings' second title win. He's only played nine ODIs, including two in the World Cup, and hasn't done too badly. On tracks that have so far favoured spin, his variations, which include the carrom ball, could prove a handful for a West Indies batting line-up. His battles with Gayle in the IPL were memorable, and Ashwin will only be eager to resume that duel.

Kieron Pollard, of late, has acquired a reputation to be somewhat of a minnow-basher in ODIs. He's been a Twenty20 specialist, but an average of 20.37 in the 50-over format is something he'd consider a blot. He faces a familiar set of bowlers this series, and has a chance to address his lack of impact against the more accomplished ODI teams.

Team news

India played two specialist spinners and two seamers in the Twenty20, but didn't pick Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra or Vinay Kumar. Ishant could get a go in place of either Munaf Patel or Praveen Kumar, while Mishra and Ashwin may swap places as the series goes on. The same is likely for wicketkeepers Parthiv Patel and Wriddhiman Saha.

India (possible):
1 Parthiv Patel (wk), 2 Shikhar Dhawan, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 S Badrinath, 5 Rohit Sharma, 6 Suresh Raina (capt), 7 Yusuf Pathan, 8 Harbhajan Singh, 9 R Ashwin, 10 Ishant Sharma/Praveen Kumar, 11 Munaf Patel.

Dwayne Bravo, Ramnaresh Sarwan and Pollard return to the side, and so does Carlton Baugh, the wicketkeeper, replacing Andre Fletcher.

West Indies (possible):
1 Lendl Simmons, 2 Kirk Edwards, 3 Darren Bravo, 4 Ramnaresh Sarwan/ Marlon Samuels, 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Kieron Pollard, 7 Darren Sammy (capt), 8 Carlton Baugh (wk), 9 Ravi Rampaul, 10 Andre Russell, 11 Devendra Bishoo.

ik7
06-06-2011, 10:59 AM
West Indies squad

DJG Sammy*,
CS Baugh†,
D Bishoo,
DJ Bravo,
DM Bravo,
KA Edwards,
A Martin,
KA Pollard,
R Rampaul,
AD Russell,
MN Samuels,
RR Sarwan,
LMP Simmons
India squad

SK Raina*,
Harbhajan Singh,
R Ashwin,
S Badrinath,
S Dhawan,
V Kohli,
P Kumar,
A Mishra,
MM Patel,
PA Patel
†, YK Pathan,
WP Saha†,
I Sharma,
RG Sharma,
MK Tiwary,
R Vinay Kumar

Aaram ThampuraN
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
kali thudangiyo ?

pulijose
06-06-2011, 11:59 AM
kali thudangiyo ?

Illa...IST 6.30 pm-naanu kali...:warrior:

pulijose
06-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Ee ODI series India nedumennu ente manassu parayunnoo...:)

Test pinne namukk urappaanallo....Allatha paksham draw....:kudi:

ik7
06-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Chris Gayle (http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/51880.html), who was named the 2010 West Indies Players Association (WIPA) Cricketer of the Year as well as Test Player of the Year during the eighth annual First Citizens WIPA Awards in St Ann's on Thursday night, is hopeful about getting back into the national side "as quickly as possible".

Gayle, who had been omitted from the West Indies limited-overs squad for the Twenty20 and first two ODI games against India, following his ongoing dispute with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) over his controversial radio interview in April, wrote in his column in the Hindustan Times that he wanted the "issue to be sorted out".

"We have a meeting scheduled sometime in the next few days," Gayle wrote, "[and] I want to be involved in the game. But it is out of my control. The WICB people are the ones in charge. I have to see if we can resolve the issue. As I had stated to the board, they have known that I am fully available."

Gayle, who watched the Twenty20 game between West Indies and India in Trinidad on Saturday from the stands, wrote it was "disappointing to actually be on the sidelines" and "strange not to be involved in the game, not to be walking out to open the batting".

"The atmosphere was great but the stands are not a great place to be. I want to be in the middle."

Gayle had called on his fans to give him "a wake up call to go and watch cricket, wake me at 9-30am T&T plz [sic]" on Twitter the day before the match. After the game he tweeted that he had a "blast at cricket...It was really nice to see the support and appreciation by fans...thank you all for d [sic] support!!" During the game he had tweeted "WI Fans..Don't worry about a thing,cause every little things gonna [sic] be alright...", suggesting that that there could soon be a reconciliation between him and the board.

The WICB was angered by Gayle's decision to play in the IPL for Royal Challengers Bangalore but Gayle had said the way he had been treated by the West Indies board (WICB) had left him with little choice but to join Bangalore and miss the home series against Pakistan. Gayle, who ended the IPL as the tournament's top run scorer, called his stint "memorable."

"The people and fans there showed a lot of warmth," he wrote. "That was in contrast to how one's own people fail to recall, tend to forget the things you have done for the team.

"From a player's point of view, that kind of respect is definitely deserved. In your own region you are made to feel like an outsider. It is sad but that is how it is. Yes, here I'm definitely talking about the administration. It is always important that you should feel absolutely relaxed to feel an integral part of an environment."

ik7
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Ee ODI series India nedumennu ente manassu parayunnoo...:)

Test pinne namukk urappaanallo....Allatha paksham draw....:kudi:

But bit doubt, Ravi Rampaul'nte 10 oversum pidich nikkanam he is a tyt bowler..Darren Sammy is using his pace variations..ath face cheyyaan alpam experienced teams thanne venam..
Mikkavaarum ee test series allenkil adutha engalnd series, Dravidnteyum Laxmanteyum okke last aavaanaanu saadhyatha... :(

Sree
06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
windies wins the toss...elects to bat 1st

no pollard in the team

ashwin not playing today...amit mishra is in

Aaram ThampuraN
06-06-2011, 06:59 PM
LMP Simmons c Harbhajan Singh b Kumar 6 (23b 1x4 0x6) SR: 26.08

Aaram ThampuraN
06-06-2011, 07:09 PM
DM Bravo c Sharma b MM Patel 4 (8b 1x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

baappootty
06-06-2011, 07:17 PM
WI-34/2(9.4 overs)

Aaram ThampuraN
06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Harbhajan Singh to Edwards, 1 run, dropped by Parthiv,

Aaram ThampuraN
06-06-2011, 07:40 PM
West Indies 54/2 (15.5 ov)

baappootty
06-06-2011, 08:05 PM
WI-69/3(22)
Bhayankara boring match....Avar run edukkunnilla.......Nammal first bat cheythirunnel bhedappettene..

baappootty
06-06-2011, 09:06 PM
WI-147/4(38.3)West Indies ODIkku pakaram test kalikkunnu..Chris Gayle venamaayirunnu..

baappootty
06-06-2011, 10:11 PM
WI-214/9(50 overs)

pulijose
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Vijaya pratheeksha....:naughty:

double chankan
06-06-2011, 11:40 PM
ingane oru sambhavam nadakunnath tanne marannu poi..

baappootty
06-06-2011, 11:41 PM
India 57/2 (13 ov)

baappootty
06-06-2011, 11:42 PM
ingane oru sambhavam nadakunnath tanne marannu poi..
Ee ODI series 5-0kku jayichaal India No.1 aakum ODI rankingil..

pulijose
06-06-2011, 11:44 PM
5-0 okke jayikkumo...!!

baappootty
06-06-2011, 11:48 PM
5-0 okke jayikkumo...!!
Full strength team aanenkil urappikkamaarnnu..Ee series India thokkukayum England-Srilanka Odi Seriesil 4-1nu Srilanka jayikkukayum cheythaal India 3rd positionil aakum..

baappootty
06-06-2011, 11:51 PM
3rd wicket gone..Badrinath out..61/3(15.3 overs)

baappootty
06-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Dhawan 50 adichu....Udane thanne pokukayum cheythu...104/4(25.4 overs).Ee kali pottumo?

baappootty
06-07-2011, 01:16 AM
152/4(35 overs)

ik7
06-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Ee ODI series 5-0kku jayichaal India No.1 aakum ODI rankingil..

great info baappoottykkaa... :hurray:

ik7
06-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Ramnaresh Sarwan has admitted that West Indies are missing Chris Gayle

Ramnaresh Sarwan has admitted that West Indies are missing Chris Gayle but said the players knew they couldn't do anything about the situation. Gayle was not chosen in the squad for the opening one-day internationals against India due to an ongoing disagreement with the WICB, and in his absence West Indies struggled to 214 for 9 in the first ODI.

"You are putting me in the spot," Sarwan said with a smile after the loss in Trinidad. "Yes, we are missing him to be honest. It's very difficult to replace someone like Chris at the top. He is the most feared batsmen in world cricket when it comes to ODI or T20. The selectors have made a decision and we need to work with what we have."

Sarwan also said that he wasn't at his fluent best yet but that he remained confident of a turnaround. He made 56 off 94 balls after Darren Sammy won the toss and chose to bat, and West Indies' total wasn't enough to hold off India.

"I haven't had the best run since the World Cup," Sarwan said. "I am not still fluent. Few things are wrong; I am working hard at it with Desmond Haynes. For me it's the matter of rotating the strike. I don't think I am as fluent as I used to be. My strike rate has been a little awkward . This innings will give me some confidence and hopefully I can kick on from here."

West Indies' struggles with spin were accentuated in the series against Pakistan and the problem has continued against India, with Harbhajan Singh taking three wickets in the opening ODI, while Suresh Raina collected two and Amit Mishra bowled tightly. Sarwan said the team was working hard to rectify the situation.

"It's a matter of adjusting to the conditions and to the quality of the bowlers we have been playing against," he said. "It's not frustration. It's bit disappointing for us. Most of us have got starts since the World Cup and it's a matter of improving on those. We have tried to help each other. It's just a process and hopefully couple of young guys will pull through."

West Indies have lost the opening Twenty20 game and the first ODI but Sarwan was confident of a change of fortunes in the rest of the series. "The spirit is still pretty high. Don't forget we did well against Pakistan. We won the last two ODIs and the first Test. We haven't got the start we wanted this series but there are four games to go. We have had some positives: Marlon Samuels hasn't played for a while and it was good to see him get a good score today. Bishoo has consistently bowled well and Anthony Martin did well today. Dwayne Bravo is a sort of individual who never lacks confidence. Before this series ends he will come back with a good knock."

There has been lot of criticism of West Indies lately, especially in the way their batsmen have struggled to score against spin, and Sarwan sees it as an obvious fall-out of the team not doing well. "When you are not winning, everything becomes an issue with media and public. It's bound to happen. Yes, the spinners have been giving us trouble in the middle overs; we need to bat well and get more consistent. We haven't had the best of runs in the last 15-20 years. It's the matter of us getting everything together. We need to be consistent with batting and bowling. Consistency has been lacking."

ik7
06-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Harbhajan Singh to Edwards, 1 run, dropped by Parthiv,

in total 5 catches drop cheythu team india's young side and 2 stumpings too... :worried:

ennittum jeyichu.. :lol: is really catches win matches? :)

WI-147/4(38.3)West Indies ODIkku pakaram test kalikkunnu..Chris Gayle venamaayirunnu..

:cheers: :rockit:

Aaram ThampuraN
06-07-2011, 09:23 AM
jayicheeeeeee:cheers::cheers:

ik7
06-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Rohit puts World Cup disappointment behind him

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133800/133851.jpg
Rohit Sharma - not elegant, but effective; creams a drive through the covers, 1st ODI, Trinidad, June 6, 2011

Rohit Sharma is probably the Indian batsman who makes the fans tear their hair out the most in frustration. Modern-day Indian fans love their batsmen to be flashy. They like it when the batsmen hit the ball on the up. They see class in style and in flamboyance. Conservative batsmen like a Cheteshwar Pujara or S Badrinath don't quite set their hearts racing as someone like Rohit does. They admired Rohit's talent, they sighed as he wasted it in the initial days and they accepted the selectors' decision to drop him before the World Cup. They hoped that the drop would get him back on track.

Rohit didn't quite see it that way, or at least verbalise it that way, but said he has put behind him the disappointment of not being selected in the World Cup and that he is focussed on getting his career back on track. "Yes I was very disappointed in not being part of the World Cup but I have to move on," Rohit said after top scoring for India in the win against West Indies. "I had a good IPL. Whenever you are in good form, you have to carry on. Today was a perfect day. It wasn't an easy track; it was very slow and turning a bit. You need a lot of time to keep the innings going. Till 35 I didn't score a single boundary or a four."

There was a brain fade early on his innings, though. In fact, when he was still on zero. Devendra Bishoo flighted one on a length well outside off and Rohit lunged out and tried to play a very expansive shot. The ball swirled off the top edge but landed safely beyond mid-off. It was the jail-break moment. Rohit put his head down after that and started to play a bit more conservatively.

Rohit has always had his great share of admirers in past cricketers. People like Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri and Ian Chappell rate him highly. Do those expectations put extra pressure on him? "Yeah, sometimes those expectations does play in your mind," Rohit said. "At the end of the day how much runs you score matters. How much ever talented you are at the end of the day you have to score runs."

It's a realisation that wasn't readily apparent in a younger Rohit. At least this clarity of thought wasn't quite there in the past. He himself went on to explain the reason. "Somehow I have not done really so well in the middle order (in the past) but it's part and parcel of being a cricketer. You have seen many good players who have struggled initially and later on matured as a player. I am maturing as a player; I understand the game very well these days. I now know what to do and what not to do as a batsman."

He is aware of what is at stake. "This is very important phase of my career. I have to keep scoring. I am glad I could do the job today when the chips were down."

Rohit has also had his share of brickbats. His critics have pointed at "attitude problems" and how early success got to his head. Rohit said he didn't agree he had an attitude problem but said he is more focussed these days. "There was nothing [wrong] about the attitude. People have their opinions and I am not bothered about it. It's fine. People will talk if you play international cricket. The more people talk more confident I get. My job is not to lose focus, remain calm and you can learn from so many players. There have been many people who have come up from being down. I am young still and have a long way to go. I don't need to lose heart and focus. I just need to keep playing and keep doing the right things."

This Indian batting line-up is sans many of its senior players and Rohit believes that the added responsibility has helped him in some ways. "Yes I think you can say so. Whenever seniors are around it's not that there is not any responsibility. Here, there is Virat, Raina, Yusuf and me who have played a bit of international cricket. The pressure is there in the middle order and we have to bat well."

His goal is simple and straightforward: to play for India as long as possible. "I would try to be consistent and make big scores. When you are doing well, you have to think about going to the next level. Every tour is important. This will be the tour where I can set benchmarks and cement my place and play for India as long as possible."

ik7
06-07-2011, 09:40 AM
jayicheeeeeee:cheers::cheers:

:drums: :drums: gudmrng machaa... :machu:

ik7
06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Pre-Match Talks:

Toss:

West Indies win the toss and have decided to bat. Pollard, interestingly, has been left out, along with Andre Russell. India also spring a surprise, leaving R Ashwin out for Amit Mishra. Of course, you wouldn't know any of this if you are watching on TV in India. The channel showing this series, for some reason, never shows us the toss when it happens.

Sammy:
"We stuck to the side that played the last ODI against Pakistan, so Pollard and Russell miss out." Raina spuriously says
India has been playing very good ODI cricket for the last couple of months. It is exactly two months and four days since their last ODI, the World Cup final. I am confused.

West Indies XI:
Sammy (capt), Dwayne Bravo, Baugh (wk), Bishoo, Darren Bravo, Edwards, Martin, Rampaul, Samuels, Sarwan and Simmons

India XI:
Raina (capt), Harbhajan, Badrinath, Kohli, Praveen Kumar, Mishra, Munaf Patel, Parthiv Patel (wk), Pathan, Rohit Sharma, Dhawan.

ik7
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
During the Match somebody Recollects the memory of Abey Kuruvila played in Windies:

Darode:
"West Indies tour still reminds me of Abey Kuruvilla. For the first time we had a bowler whose physique looked like those bowlers in West Indies or Australia. I was dying to see him run in and bowl fast -- but all the went out of the window with Kuruvilla's awkward action and delivery of the ball. Can't forget that disappointment. " Sentiment shared. Kuruvilla had it all - the height, the white wrist bands... And bowled at 125 kph.

ik7
06-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Post-Match Presentation:

Sammy:
"We didn't score enough runs, we kept taking wickets but the total wasn't big enough to put pressure on them. It's a turning track and we wanted to have the best of the conditions when batting first. Desmond Haynes, our batting consultant, has been doing a good job and we just need to execute our plans properly."

Raina:
"The bowlers did a great job, followed by Rohit and Shikhar. The track wasn't good for batting, but we rotated the strike well. We can do better in the field, a couple need to show more intensity. It's looking good at the moment, I hope we do well in the next game."

Rohit Sharma is Man of the Match:
"It was quite difficult initially because the track was turning. It was important to spend some time in the middle to play our shots. We are used to the workload, with the IPL and it depends on each individual. I just want to keep scoring runs and I'm happy to start the tournament on a good note. I'm very much hungry for runs."

ik7
06-08-2011, 02:43 PM
The Preview

Big Picture

The first ODI epitomised everything that is going wrong with West Indies cricket. It began with the openers: in Chris Gayle's absence, the uncalled-for timidity from Lendl Simmons and Kirk Edwards ended up giving credence to Sunil Gavaskar's comparison of Munaf Patel to Glenn McGrath. Once the spinners came on, the middle order shut shop. Nothing captured West Indies' woes more succinctly than the number 169 - their dot-ball count on Monday.

Ramnaresh Sarwan, who has collared better Indian attacks in tougher circumstances in the past, was restricted to poking and jabbing in hope. Marlon Samuels also was a pale shadow of the batsman who thumped a fierce century against India eight years ago. The result was a score as underwhelming as the bowling attack that tried to defend it, and an easy win for India, despite their own skittish approach to the chase. West Indies will need a huge lift in all departments - including their lethargic out-cricket - if they are to match the Indians.

Twice in two games on tour, India's top order has faltered. The depth in their line-up opened up escape routes on both occasions, but Duncan Fletcher will want more application at the top. Parthiv Patel has a wide range of shots, but will be expected to put a bigger price on his wicket, after perishing to a needless run-out in the first ODI. Shikhar Dhawan looked ill at ease against seam and spin, but to his credit he managed to scrap his way to a half-century. S Badrinath knows how long it has taken him to get a second chance in the India side, and will try to make the opportunity count. And despite finishing in sublime fashion, Rohit Sharma will want to revisit his alarming shot-selection early on. In short, there is plenty of room for improvement from both sides.

ik7
06-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Quotes

"When you play for India it is a given that fans and media would talk about your performance. I have no problem with it. But yes I have worked extremely hard over my fitness in the last three months and I want this tour to count for me."
Rohit Sharma is determined to build on his strong start to the tour

ik7
06-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Stats and trivia

*This will be the 98th one-dayer between these two sides. India have won 40, and West Indies 54
*Among the players in this series, Ramnaresh Sarwan (1319) has scored most runs in India-West Indies matches

ik7
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
West Indies squad

DJG Sammy*,
CS Baugh†,
D Bishoo,
DJ Bravo,
DM Bravo,
KA Edwards,
A Martin,
KA Pollard,
R Rampaul,
AD Russell,
MN Samuels,
RR Sarwan,
LMP Simmons
India squad

SK Raina*,
Harbhajan Singh,
R Ashwin,
S Badrinath,
S Dhawan,
V Kohli,
P Kumar,
A Mishra,
MM Patel,
PA Patel
†, YK Pathan,
WP Saha†,
I Sharma,
RG Sharma,
MK Tiwary,
R Vinay Kumar

ik7
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
The spotlight

Amit Mishra goes about his work with such quiet efficiency that he rarely gets noticed. On Monday, he easily out-bowled Harbhajan Singh without getting the reward he deserved. There was loop, flight, drift and variety, and at times the West Indies batsmen were just not good enough to edge him. R Ashwin breathes down Mishra's neck for the spot of second spinner, but his rhythm on Monday should give him another chance. Mishra now needs wickets to back his case for the rest of the series.

Over the past year or so, Dwayne Bravo has struggled to live up to his own standards, especially with the bat. In the first one-dayer, he was beginning to get into his groove when he walked past a Harbhajan drifter. When Bravo is in good form, he is a fine player of spin, and the dominance is founded upon his sure footwork. Will he be able to reprise that fluency in front of his home crowd?

Team news

India are unlikely to fiddle with the two-seamer, two-spinner combination given the lifeless nature of the pitch at Queen's Park Oval. Manoj Tiwary might come up in team discussions, but S Badrinath has earned at least a couple of opportunities to fail in the middle order. Ishant Sharma, too, is likely to be eased into action later in the series.

India (possible):
1 Parthiv Patel (wk), 2 Shikhar Dhawan, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 S Badrinath, 5 Rohit Sharma, 6 Suresh Raina (capt), 7 Yusuf Pathan, 8 Harbhajan Singh, 9 Amit Mishra, 10 Praveen Kumar, 11 Munaf Patel.

West Indies will seriously consider bringing in Kieron Pollard to inject some urgency in the middle order. While Anthony Martin gave a good account of himself with the ball, it is tough to imagine West Indies succeeding against India with two specialist legspinners in their XI.

West Indies (possible):
1 Lendl Simmons, 2 Kirk Edwards, 3 Darren Bravo, 4 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 5 Marlon Samuels, 6 Dwayne Bravo, 7 Kieron Pollard/Andre Russell, 8 Darren Sammy (capt), 9 Carlton Baugh (wk), 10 Ravi Rampaul, 11 Devendra Bishoo/Anthony Martin.

ik7
06-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Toss: India won the toss, have decided to field. Suresh Raina thinks teams have generally done better chasing here. India have retained the same team.

ik7
06-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Sammy says he would have bowled first as well. Darren Bravo has been left out - part of the rotation policy - and Kieron Pollard takes his place.

ik7
06-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Today's Eleven:

West Indies team

LMP Simmons,
KA Edwards,
MN Samuels,
RR Sarwan,
DJ Bravo,
KA Pollard,
CS Baugh†,
DJG Sammy*,
D Bishoo,
R Rampaul,
A Martin
India team

S Dhawan,
PA Patel†,
SK Raina*,
V Kohli,
S Badrinath,
RG Sharma,
YK Pathan,
P Kumar,
Harbhajan Singh,
MM Patel,
A Mishra

ik7
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
A comment:

"Darren Bravo is one of their better batsmen. Sammy should have rather dropped Lendl Simmons who struggled to get going. Then they should have opened with Dwayne Bravo to get things going right from the start." You mean Darren right?

ik7
06-08-2011, 06:30 PM
"No, I suggest to open with Dwayne Bravo (who can take the attack to Indian bowlers & give some momentum to WI) and Darren Bravo sticks to his no.3 spot. And, Pollard can fit in at no. 6 to accelerate towards the end."

ik7
06-08-2011, 06:31 PM
"Instead of rotating players just for the sake of doing it, Sammy should have dropped one of the openers, made Sarwan open the innings and hold fort at one end and played both Darren Bravo and Pollard to make sure they atleast put up a fight."

" wonder if this so-called rotation policy will affect Sammy. What rubbish! Can someone tell me why Edwards is playing after that performance two days ago?"

ik7
06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Here we go:

Lendl Simmons and Kirk Edwards have made their way out. Praveen Kumar to start things off for India. Two slips in place

ik7
06-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Mazhakk saadhyatah und.. innum spinnersinu anukoolamaaya pitch aanu.. spin ottum nannaayi kalikkaan kazhiyaatha Pollard Darren Bravoye replace cheythirikkunnu.. :ennittu: Sammy kaaranam parayunnath rotation policy... :litos: kalikaalam....

Aaram ThampuraN
06-08-2011, 07:35 PM
West Indies 76/1 (15.0 ov)

Aaram ThampuraN
06-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Mishra to Simmons, SIX,

Aaram ThampuraN
06-08-2011, 07:36 PM
last 2 over 19 runs

Aaram ThampuraN
06-08-2011, 07:39 PM
West Indies 82/1 (16.0 ov)

Aaram ThampuraN
06-08-2011, 07:40 PM
M Patel to Sarwan, FOUR,

baappootty
06-08-2011, 10:33 PM
WI-240/9(50)

pulijose
06-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Jayikkendathaanu..:yes:

pulijose
06-08-2011, 11:36 PM
45/1 in 10 ov..

baappootty
06-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Ind-56/1(13 overs)

baappootty
06-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Rain vannu........

pulijose
06-08-2011, 11:50 PM
India Jayikkumayirikkum...

baappootty
06-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Ind-100/1(22).Kohli-50*(78),Patel-42*(52)

baappootty
06-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Veendum mazha.
100/1(22 overs).
India are 30 runs ahead of the D-L par score. That par score, with the loss of a wicket at this stage, was 70.

Raju
06-09-2011, 01:00 AM
[FONT="Verdana"]pakshe d/l considr cheyyanamenkil atleast 25 overs kazhiynade athalle niyamam?[/FONerT]

ik7
06-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Jeyichu annanmaare... :cheers: India 7wkt nu jeyichu..

India won by 7 wickets (with 20 balls remaining) (D/L method)

ik7
06-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Post-Match Verdicts:

Sammy:
"We put ourselves in a good position but we didn't capitalise in the end. We were about 30 runs short. We rotated the strike better today, but we didn't get one of the top batsmen to bat through. We were on the back foot in the latter part of the overs, losing wickets at regular intervals. The intent from the batsmen was good initially. Samuels has been out for a while, but we saw how well he was batting. Sarwan is also stablising the middle order for us. We can't fault the effort of the bowlers, they've been doing their job. Hopefully, In Antigua, we'll have a better surface for us to play our style of cricket."

Raina:
"Bowlers executed the plans very well. Amit Mishra bowled very well in the Powerplay. Munaf gave us breakthroughs as well, and Virat and Parthiv did well in the chase. Virat showed great responsibility."

Virat Kohli is the Man of the Match:
"I was disappointed getting out in the last game, but did well today. Parthiv played amazingly and we had a good partnership up front. I spoke to seniors who suggested I use the pace of the ball, more than force the shots trying to hit the ball too hard. The last 18 months have gone well for me, I've started to enjoy the batting a lot more. It's a good feeling to get to 2000 runs and I'd like to take responsibility of the team if needed at any point of time."

ik7
06-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Yesterday Team India conceded 24 extras, including 16 wides.. :ammo:

ik7
06-09-2011, 06:56 AM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133907.jpg
Virat Kohli guided India's chase with his half-century, West Indies v India, 2nd ODI, Trinidad, June 8, 2011

Parthiv Patel &Virat Kohli Built Partnership for Team India...

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133905.jpg
Parthiv Patel pulls over the midwicket boundary, West Indies v India, 2nd ODI, Trinidad, June 8, 2011

ik7
06-09-2011, 07:04 AM
A Mishra 10 -2 -31 -4 -3.10

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133800/133898.jpg
Amit Mishra finished with a four-for, West Indies v India, 2nd ODI, Trinidad, June 8, 2011

ik7
06-09-2011, 07:10 AM
MM Patel 10 -2 -35 -3 -3.50

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133800/133888.jpg
Munaf Patel was struck for two consecutive boundaries by Kirk Edwards, West Indies v India, 2nd ODI, Trinidad, June 8, 2011

PaithaL
06-09-2011, 07:11 AM
mishra is a great bowler ,he can turn the bowl very well and mix googly also

ik7
06-09-2011, 07:11 AM
V Kohli c Pollard b Bishoo 81 -118 -103 -6 -1 -78.64

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133906.jpg
The rain didn't stop play for too long, West Indies v India, 2nd ODI, Trinidad, June 8, 2011

PA Patel† c †Baugh b Martin 56 -108 -64 -2 -2 -87.50

ik7
06-09-2011, 07:13 AM
mishra is a great bowler ,he can turn the bowl very well and mix googly also

Yup!. even better than Piyush Chawla..But pune warrior's Rahul Sharma also does good in leg spin, by using his hyt very well...

Aaram ThampuraN
06-09-2011, 11:10 AM
veendum jayiche :cheers:

Aaram ThampuraN
06-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Dhawan veendum nirasha peduthi

Aaram ThampuraN
06-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Player of the match V Kohli (India)

Aaram ThampuraN
06-09-2011, 11:25 AM
West Indies innings
Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 10.0 (Mandatory - 40 runs, 0 wicket)
Powerplay 2: Overs 10.1 - 15.0 (Bowling side - 36 runs, 1 wicket)
West Indies: 50 runs in 11.2 overs (69 balls), Extras 7
1st Wicket: 50 runs in 69 balls (LMP Simmons 25, KA Edwards 18, Ex 7)
Drinks: West Indies - 84/1 in 17.0 overs (LMP Simmons 35, RR Sarwan 11)
Rain: West Indies - 85/1 in 17.1 overs (LMP Simmons 35, RR Sarwan 12)
West Indies: 100 runs in 20.4 overs (125 balls), Extras 13
2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 65 balls (LMP Simmons 24, RR Sarwan 25, Ex 6)
LMP Simmons: 50 off 76 balls (3 x 4, 2 x 6)
West Indies: 150 runs in 33.5 overs (204 balls), Extras 15
Drinks: West Indies - 154/2 in 34.0 overs (RR Sarwan 44, MN Samuels 17)
3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 53 balls (RR Sarwan 15, MN Samuels 36, Ex 0)
RR Sarwan: 50 off 80 balls (3 x 4)
Powerplay 3: Overs 41.1 - 46.0 (Batting side - 20 runs, 3 wickets)
West Indies: 200 runs in 44.3 overs (268 balls), Extras 18
Innings Break: West Indies - 240/9 in 50.0 overs (DJG Sammy 22, A Martin 0)

Aaram ThampuraN
06-09-2011, 11:25 AM
India innings
Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 10.0 (Mandatory - 45 runs, 1 wicket)
Powerplay 2: Overs 10.1 - 15.0 (Bowling side - 26 runs, 0 wicket)
India: 50 runs in 10.4 overs (64 balls), Extras 2
Rain: India - 56/1 in 13.0 overs (PA Patel 23, V Kohli 28)
2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 67 balls (PA Patel 20, V Kohli 29, Ex 1)
India: 100 runs in 21.6 overs (134 balls), Extras 5
Drinks: India - 100/1 in 22.0 overs (PA Patel 42, V Kohli 50)
Rain: India - 100/1 in 22.0 overs (PA Patel 42, V Kohli 50)
V Kohli: 50 off 78 balls (4 x 4)
PA Patel: 50 off 57 balls (2 x 4, 2 x 6)
2nd Wicket: 100 runs in 131 balls (PA Patel 47, V Kohli 53, Ex 4)
India: 150 runs in 28.6 overs (176 balls), Extras 10

ik7
06-09-2011, 12:14 PM
aaraam choodan ki jai.. :cheers: :cheers:

ik7
06-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Chris Gayle at the 8th Annual First Citizens - WIPA Cricket Awards function

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133800/133880.jpg
Chris Gayle poses with one of his two trophies at the WIPA awards function , Jamaica, June 7, 2011

Chris Gayle (http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/51880.html) continues to miss out on West Indies selection and is not part of the 13-man squad for the third one-dayer against India. Gayle has been out of favour with the West Indies Cricket Board since his controversial radio interview and was not selected for the first two one-dayers. The board has reiterated that since it been unable to meet Gayle, he has again not been considered for selection. The date for the proposed meeting is yet to be finalised.

There are two changes to the squad that was selected for the first two ODIs: Dwayne Bravo's request to be given a break has been granted and Jamaica batsman Danza Hyatt - who played in the only Twenty20 against India - has been selected in his place. The board has also decided to rest fast bowler Ravi Rampaul for the Antigua leg of the series which comprises the third and the fourth ODIs. Kemar Roach has returned to the squad to replace Rampaul.

Adrian Barath, the opener, will spend a week working at the Sagicor High Performance Centre undergoing practice in order to be considered for selection for the Test series against India starting on June 20 in Jamaica. Barath has been undergoing rehabilitation after suffering a hamstring injury that caused him to miss the 2011 World Cup.

West Indies trail India 0-2 in the five-match series. The third ODI will be played at North Sound in Antigua on June 11.

West Indies squad:
Darren Sammy (capt), Carlton Baugh (wk), Devendra Bishoo, Darren Bravo, Kirk Edwards, Danza Hyatt, Anthony Martin, Kieron Pollard, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Lendl Simmons.

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133800/133879.jpg
Chris Gayle and Jerome Taylor at the 8th Annual First Citizens - WIPA Cricket Awards function, Jamaica, June 7, 2011

Aaram ThampuraN
06-10-2011, 10:40 AM
inne koode jayichal gup nammude kayyile:cheers:

ik7
06-10-2011, 10:55 AM
inne koode jayichal gup nammude kayyile:cheers:

:jaggu: :jaggu: nammal polichadukkum... :bhaa: Gayle illa... :sundari:

ik7
06-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Zaheer Khan and Sreesanth have been ruled out of the Test series against West Indies, further weakening a squad that is already missing several first-choice players. Zaheer has a right ankle problem, Sreesanth has a right elbow problem and both are undergoing rehabilitation. Abhimanyu Mithun and Praveen Kumar have been named as their replacements in the Test squad.

Shoulder injuries to Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir had earlier forced the selectors to opt for a pair of inexperienced openers in M Vijay and the uncapped Abhinav Mukund. Sachin Tendulkar wanted to spend some time with his family and opted out of the tour as well.

While the batting was hit hard by these withdrawals, the bowling initially wore a stronger look with Zaheer - who skipped the limited-overs leg of the tour - expected to lead a full-strength attack to the Caribbean. His and Sreesanth's absence will now add further fuel to the debate on the impact of a cramped IPL schedule on the Indian team.

Meanwhile, the Test squad was expected to leave for the West Indies on Sunday, June 12, but the departure has now been delayed.

ik7
06-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Aaraam choodaa machaa, naaleya ini kali..innalla... :(

kuttoos
06-11-2011, 07:16 PM
kali kaanan arumilallo stadium-l

baappootty
06-11-2011, 08:22 PM
WI-92/6(27 overs).Nummal Series edukkum innu.....

baappootty
06-12-2011, 12:31 AM
WI-225/8
India-93/6(23.3)

baappootty
06-12-2011, 12:33 AM
kali kaanan arumilallo stadium-l
TVyil ee kali kaanan thanne nalla paadanu..Pinne enganeya aalukal stadiuthil poyi kaanunnathu..

Sree
06-12-2011, 12:49 AM
115/6 ..ithu mikkavarum :cray:

Sree
06-12-2011, 01:46 AM
180/7 ..harbhajan gone for 41

kuttoos
06-12-2011, 07:37 AM
115/6 ..ithu mikkavarum :cray:

:parihasam:

Sagar Kottapuram
06-12-2011, 07:41 AM

windies iniyenkilum gayline tirichu vilikumo?

Sree
06-12-2011, 03:01 PM
thakarppan ...rohit sharmakku inganoru innings athyavashyamaayirunnu :cheers: ..never expected harbhajan to bat with this much patience :lol:

Sree
06-12-2011, 03:02 PM

:poda:

ik7
06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Hai friends, 2 divasamaayi keraan kazhinjilla...

appo india gup edutthalle... :Yahoo:

ik7
06-13-2011, 10:42 AM
thakarppan ...rohit sharmakku inganoru innings athyavashyamaayirunnu :cheers: ..never expected harbhajan to bat with this much patience :lol:

athe.. Praveenkumarum kalakki...:kalakki: :kalakki:

Rohit shows willingness to change

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133964.2.jpg

"He is a lot more disciplined now," was what Suresh Raina had to say after Rohit Sharma played one of the most mature knocks of his international career to help India win the third one-dayer against West Indies in Antigua. It wasn't the pitch, or the attack that Rohit conquered today - there wasn't much venom in either. Instead it was an on-going inner battle with himself that he finally won. For some time now the battle has been: Rohit v Rohit. He has always given the impression of man who gets bored easily. He will lace a couple of pretty drives, play a big shot, make it all look easy before suddenly and, inexplicably, throw his wicket away. Perhaps the game came too easily for him.

He usually starts his innings a touch edgily but he flowed from the start on Saturday. The intent was still the same; he usually goes for couple of big hits early in his knock and he did so again. In the past, those attempts have threatened to derail him. Even in the second ODI, there was an expansive heave against Devendra Bishoo when he was yet to get off the mark and the ball just about cleared mid-off. On Saturday, he hit a six and a four against Sammy early on but in a more controlled arc, in the V.

The thing that stood out, though, was how well he controlled the chase. We have seen it from him in the IPL where he has earned his name as a finisher. He has rarely displayed that skill at the international stage but he did it in Saturday's game. India coach Duncan Fletcher was lavish in his praise. "It was a tremendous innings," Fletcher said. "I thought it was a great innings. It's not easy to finish like that. It shows the quality of this team that a player like him is not in [the] Test [squad]. He can probably make most Test sides but there is such quality in Test side now- there are such great players in there "

Rohit seems to be in a hurry to erase the blots in his CV. He is a lot fitter now and by his own admission, a lot hungrier for success. He had played over 60 one-dayers for India with little to show. At the start of the tour he said that he was a changed man, desperate do well and represent India for long. He has done most things right in the series so far.

However it is a touch early to say that Rohit has turned the corner and has finally arrived. He has definitely taken the first step but more proof of that will come on tougher pitches and against tougher attacks. It wasn't all that long ago when he struggled against the bounce and movement that Morne Morkel extracted in the ODI series in South Africa early this year.

And there were a few technical problems that ailed him even before that. He would often drive without quite leaning forward fully and the short cover was almost omnipresent in most opposition plans. He worked on this shortcoming in the nets by using a shorter bat which forced him to lean forward as otherwise you couldn't connect with the ball. However, in the recent times, he started to develop an initial forward-and-across movement with his front leg which helped him to lean into the drive but threw up other complications: if the delivery cut in at pace, he often found himself having to play around the front pad and became an lbw candidate. If the ball, as Morkel repeatedly did, bounced from short of length and held its line outside off, Rohit would get a touch squared-up and stab out at it.

These are technical kinks but the most important criticism leveled against him was about his mindset. Rohit has shown the willingness to change and the third ODI was further proof of that. He has fans in the opposition camp as well. "He is a wonderful player," Ramnaresh Sarwan had said earlier in the series. "He has a way of sneaking up on you. He seems to be flow quietly and suddenly you realise he has reached 40."

Even as the ball that brought up the winning runs sped towards the midwicket boundary, Rohit turned to collect a stump for a souvenir. This knock could well be the one that he will look back later in his career as a little "big moment".

ik7
06-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Some last match talks& Highlights:

Toss, 8.30 am Suresh Raina's won it, and India will bowl, a decision probably influenced by a juicier pitch and an early start. They've also both games chasing so far, so no reason to change a winning strategy.

West Indies are playing the debutant Danza Hyatt, so Darren Bravo misses out again. Andre Russell and Kemar Roach replace Dwayne Bravo and Ravi Rampaul, who were rested. India are fielding the same XI from the first and second ODIs.

Aaram ThampuraN
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
parambara nediyedutheeeeeeee:cheers:

ik7
06-13-2011, 11:39 AM
parambara nediyedutheeeeeeee:cheers:

:ennittu: :DJ: :yo: :yo: :machu:

ik7
06-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Mishra's finished a top spell - 3 for 28

10-2-28-3

pulijose
06-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Rohit Nammude muthe.......:partytime:

ik7
06-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Harbhajan's done a tidier spell than the one in the second ODI

10-2-24-1

ik7
06-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Andre Russell has some batting talent. And he's rather young..

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133947.jpg

ik7
06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
49th over bowled by Raina:

Raina to Russell, FOUR, Russell clears his front foot and slogs the ball hard towards long on, the fielder can't cut it off

Raina to Russell, SIX, caught by Ishant Sharma, who's several yards beyond the long-on boundary. Russell used his power to simply heave the ball.

Raina to Russell, SIX, and again! Russell goes over midwicket and into the stands, moved his front foot out of the way, swung freely, swung hard and watched the ball disappear

Raina to Russell, 2 runs, cut hard, very hard, Harbhajan has to race to his left on the point boundary to field it

Raina to Russell, no run, Russell swings, but misses this time

Raina to Russell, FOUR, 22 runs off the over! He doesn't miss this time! Russell aims for cow corner once again and pierces the gap with a powerful slog sweep

ik7
06-13-2011, 12:32 PM
50th over:

Kumar to Roach, 1 run, good man, Roach nudges the ball off his pads towards midwicket

Kumar to Russell, 1 run, in the blockhole and Russell only manages to dig it out through midwicket

Roach has to take a single.

Kumar to Roach, 1 run, Roach reaches out for a wide one and drives hard to cover, he runs anyway and the fielder doesn't throw

Kumar to Russell, 2 runs, Russell is cramped for room by a full ball angling into him but he manages to force it towards deep midwicket and keep strike

Kumar to Russell, SIX, Russell has sent this out of the stadium with an almighty heave. Hope a car wasn't under the descending ball. He moved his front foot to create hitting space and hit it he did, miles over deep midwicket

Kumar to Russell, FOUR, terrific finish. Russell ends the innings by making room and pulling the ball flat with immense power, it fell a foot short of the boundary. Top innings.

ik7
06-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Superb knock from Rohit Sharma as he picks up a stump as a souvenir. He has been talked up by almost everyone, and is now starting to fulfill the enormous promise. Harbhajan Singh, he has his own methods, but he also has loads of fight. Which is what Andre Russell showed as well, with a blazing unbeaten 92, but it did not prove to be enough.

India needed 134 when Yusuf Pathan fell, with only four wickets to go. Even more remarkable than India's win is the ease with which the West Indies attack fell apart, epitomised by Kemar Roach spraying the ball around

ik7
06-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Superb knock from Rohit Sharma as he picks up a stump as a souvenir. He has been talked up by almost everyone, and is now starting to fulfill the enormous promise. Harbhajan Singh, he has his own methods, but he also has loads of fight. Which is what Andre Russell showed as well, with a blazing unbeaten 92, but it did not prove to be enough.

India needed 134 when Yusuf Pathan fell, with only four wickets to go. Even more remarkable than India's win is the ease with which the West Indies attack fell apart, epitomised by Kemar Roach spraying the ball around

ik7
06-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Winning shot:

Roach to Sharma, (no ball) FOUR, that is the series for India, Rohit has swatted Roach to the deep midwicket boundary, it is a no-ball as well

Post-Match Presentation:

Darren Sammy:
"It is a game that got away from us. Russell brought us back along with Baugh. guys were confident during lunch, but we lacked the killer instinct after taking early wickets. We have not been getting runs at the top, we just lacked the finishing touch. Kemar is one of our strike bowlers, we needed a bit extra from him, but I can't fault anyone, he has been doing a good job over the past months. If you put the ball in the right areas, you could reap rewards on this wicket."

Suresh Raina:
"Russell played well, he played amazing shots. Credit goes to Mishra for bowling well. We have the Tests coming up, these tracks are helpful for leggies, he has been among the wickets in the IPL and against South Africa as well. I played a bad shot, but Rohit and Harbhajan batted really well. We have a couple of guys sitting on the bench, and I hope everyone gets a chance in the last two games. God has been kind to all the boys, we had a quality meeting with the coach as we did not have much time after the IPL."

Andre Russell is Man of the Match. Russell:
"We wanted to be positive for this game as it was very important. I am working hard on my bowling, I am going to consider myself as a bowling allrounder. When I retire from international cricket, I want to be called a legend. I want to stay here and contribute as much as I can."

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:05 PM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133964.jpgRohit Sharma's unbeaten 86 helped India seal the series, West Indies v India, 3rd ODI, Antigua, June 11, 2011

A coming of age innings from Rohit, but not to forget the performance from the tail. With Ashwin knocking down the door for the off spinners spot, Harbajan is seriously added batting to the column of his strengths. And of course, pressure easing quick fire cameo from PK. Most satisfying victory from the second string Indian team.

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133962.jpg
Harbhajan Singh provided excellent support to Rohit Sharma, West Indies v India, 3rd ODI, Antigua, June 11, 2011

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Both Parthiv & Rohit played steady responsible innings:

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133957.jpg
Parthiv Patel batted positively for his 46, West Indies v India, 3rd ODI, Antigua, June 11, 2011

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133961.jpg
Rohit Sharma made a calm half-century, West Indies v India, 3rd ODI, Antigua, June 11, 2011

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Andre Russell has some brilliant batting techniques:

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133948.jpg
Andre Russell smashes one over deep midwicket, West Indies v India, 3rd ODI, Antigua, June 11, 2011

Along with Calrton Baugh He built a good partnership:

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133949.jpg
Andre Russell and Carlton Baugh added 78 for the eighth wicket, West Indies v India, 3rd ODI, Antigua, June 11, 2011

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Unlucky Virat Kohli out for a Golden duck in first ball, was a bad decison by the umpire Normal Malcom. I think his Abnormal Malcom.. :lol:

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133955.jpg
Virat Kohli has a word with umpire Normal Malcolm after he was given out lbw first ball, West Indies v India, 3rd ODI, Antigua, June 11, 2011

adarshadheeran
06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
cricketinte janapreethi kuranhu konde irikkunnu...thanks to 20-20:theri:

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:20 PM
cricketinte janapreethi kuranhu konde irikkunnu...thanks to 20-20:theri:

Dheeraa dheeraa aadarsha deeraa..kanditt kureyaayallo...:hi:

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:22 PM
@ adarshadheeran: Cricket'nte allallo.. ODI's nte janapreethiyalle kuranjath..? ath sheriya...T20 is exciting as always..

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:26 PM
The Preview

Big Picture

West Indies were expected to challenge a young team missing its star players. Though India were still favourites, the hosts will be disappointed with the series being decided in just three games. They did put India under pressure on occasion and should have won the third ODI, but Rohit Sharma, who's been impressive on his return, batted maturely with Harbhajan Singh and Praveen Kumar to seal victory. Having managed a 3-0 lead, and victory from a dire situation in the previous game, there'll be plenty of confidence in this Indian side. West Indies have shown some spirit on the field, but some ill-disciplined batting, squandered starts and a continuing vulnerability against spin has let them down.

Meanwhile, there remains distraction off the field in the West Indies camp. Darren Sammy has had to issue a clarification on why he didn't attend the West Indies Players' Association awards ceremony, Dwayne Bravo asked for a break after playing just two games upon his return from the IPL, and Chris Gayle's return appears to be hinging on a meeting with the WICB, which is yet to take place. On the field, Kieron Pollard's ODI woes against the big teams continued though there was one major encouragement in the performance of Andre Russell. While India have dealt with their rather heated build-up to this tour with a dominant show, West Indies are yet again left to rely on dead rubbers to inspire confidence ahead of the Tests.

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:27 PM
The spotlight

Suresh Raina would have been under some pressure at the start of the tour but things have panned out well for the India captain. In his previous stint as captain, India failed to qualify for the final of a tri-series that involved Zimbabwe, but his young team has delivered this time. He played a crucial role in India's chase in the first ODI but played an irresponsible shot in the third to leave his side in trouble, something he'd want to make amends for.

Kemar Roach has been one of West Indies' most promising pace prospects in recent times. He appears to have found the going a little tough in his last few games. He had a good World Cup, but has picked up just two wickets in his last six ODIs and has been a little expensive. It's been Sammy who's provided the wickets at the top; Roach needs to do his bit too.

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Stats and trivia

This is India's third one-day series win in the Caribbean. India have never gone unbeaten in an ODI series against West Indies, but have been clean-swept twice.

Rohit has played 64 ODIs in a four-year span, but he's played only nine of them in India. This is his second ODI tour of the West Indies.

Quotes

"We will try to give chances to all the players. Ashwin, Ishant, Tiwary and Vinay have been waiting for a chance. We shall strive to give everyone a chance in the next two games."
Suresh Raina

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Team news

Raina has said India could make some changes. Ishant Sharma is still waiting for a chance and given he'll be playing in the Test series, he could be brought in with either of Praveen Kumar or Munaf Patel being rested. India could consider giving Harbhajan a break as well to provide R Ashwin an opportunity while opener Shikhar Dhawan could make way for Manoj Tiwary.

India (possible):
1 Parthiv Patel (wk), 2 Virat Kohli, 3 Manoj Tiwary, 4 S Badrinath, 5 Rohit Sharma, 6 Suresh Raina (capt), 7 Yusuf Pathan, 8 R Ashwin, 9 Praveen Kumar, 10 Amit Mishra, 11 Munaf Patel/Ishant Sharma.

West Indies have named an unchanged 13-man squad for tomorrow's game. They handed Danza Hyatt an ODI debut in the previous match, preferring him ahead of Darren Bravo. Will Bravo come back tomorrow?

West Indies (possible):
1 Lendl Simmons, 2 Kirk Edwards, 3 Marlon Samuels, 4 Ramnaresh Sarwan 5 Darren Bravo / Danza Hyatt, 6 Kieron Pollard, 7 Andre Russell 8 Darren Sammy (capt), 9 Carlton Baugh (wk), 10 Kemar Roach, 11 Devendra Bishoo

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Match begins in: 4:55
West Indies squad

DJG Sammy*,
CS Baugh†,
D Bishoo,
DM Bravo,
KA Edwards,
DP Hyatt,
A Martin,
KA Pollard,
KAJ Roach,
AD Russell,
MN Samuels,
RR Sarwan,
LMP Simmons
India squad

SK Raina*,
Harbhajan Singh,
R Ashwin,
S Badrinath,
S Dhawan,
V Kohli,
P Kumar,
A Mishra,
MM Patel,
PA Patel
†, YK Pathan,
WP Saha†,
I Sharma,
RG Sharma,
MK Tiwary,
R Vinay Kumar

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/119400/119454.jpg

Abhimanyu Mithun, the India fast bowler, is back in the Test squad after injuries ruled Zaheer Khan and Sreesanth out of the tour of the West Indies, and is hoping that this latest opportunity will give him the chance to establish himself in the squad. Mithun made his Test debut against Sri Lanka last July - he replaced Zaheer who missed that series with an injury as well - but was then overlooked in favour of Jaidev Unadkat for India's tour of South Africa at end of 2010.

"It feels good to be picked again," the 21-year-old Mithun told the Times of India after a practice stint on Saturday. "I did expect to go to South Africa but ... I am hoping to get a chance and prove myself again, like I did on my debut in Sri Lanka."

Mithun took six wickets at an average of 62 in three Tests against Sri Lanka, similar figures to Ishant Sharma, who took seven wickets at 61.71. He was initially disappointed about not going to South Africa, but said he was lucky to have received good advice from a number of people who told him to concentrate on playing for the love of the game rather than obsess over not playing for India. In particular, he gave credit to Sanath Kumar, the Karnataka coach over the past two seasons, according to the newspaper.

"Initially I felt sad and at the net sessions that followed I did lose some concentration, focus and so on. Fortunately for me, a lot of people spoke to me and advised me well. Everyone encouraged me, told me I am a good bowler.

"But the best advice I got was when I was told that when I started playing cricket I did so as I loved the game. At that point I wasn't thinking of playing for India and so why think about it now, I was asked. That set me thinking and slowly I regained my confidence and got back to normal."

When asked whether Test cricket was too much pressure to handle, Mithun said he actually found it easier than playing domestic cricket as it wasn't his job to lead the attack. "I found it easier in the Tests. There I was a rookie, I only had to look after my bowling, for which to the seniors were very much around to help. I was freer in a way. But when I got back to first class cricket, it was very different. The expectations had gone up and I was looked upon as someone who will get wickets whenever I bowled.

"That was something I found it tough to deal with initially but slowly got used to that as well and started to enjoy my bowling once again."

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:45 PM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133700/133715.jpg

Dwayne Bravo, the West Indies allrounder, has said he asked for a break for the "remainder of the ODI series" against India because he was "not happy" with his game at the moment. Bravo wanted to use the time off to "refocus, reflect" and return for the Test series starting on June 20. Bravo was granted the break by the WICB, after having played the first two ODIs following a six-game stint in the IPL this year with the Chennai Super Kings.

"I'm not happy about the way my cricket is at the moment," Bravo told Trinidad's Sunday Express. "I honestly believe I can do a lot better, so I would like to use this time to stay away from the game and refocus, reflect and use this opportunity to get rest and to try and get back my focus again."

Bravo was ruled out of the 2011 World Cup early in the tournament after he injured his knee during the game against South Africa. He played the ODI series against Pakistan before skipping the Tests to play in the IPL. He's played 10 ODIs this year, averaging 47.71 with the ball for his seven wickets as opposed to a career average of 29.81. With the bat, he's averaged 24.37 this year with a highest of 40.

"Sometimes in international cricket, because of the hectic schedule, it is difficult to catch form in the middle of tournaments and series, so I just asked for a break from the game for the remainder of the ODI series and look to rejoin the team for the beginning of the Test series."

The lack of momentum after returning from injury, Bravo said, was a problem. "At the beginning of the World Cup, I was coming back into my own in the warm-up games. I was feeling like I was getting back into my prime form again. And then in the first game in the World Cup, I twisted my knee and that was a big setback for me.

"After spending eight weeks out of the game and re-joining the team for the Pakistan ODI series with just one warm-up game after surgery, I struggled for momentum. At the latter end of the series I started getting my momentum again. Then I went off to the IPL, which was also a hectic time over there."

The need for a break was more for psychological reasons, Bravo said. "Obviously there are some technical aspects you could improve on, but it's more about regaining the focus and self-belief that I had before. Picking up injuries and being out of the game for so long is always difficult. ... It takes time."

Bravo was grateful his request for a break was granted. "I hope people respect my decision. I still have a lot of passion and desire to represent West Indies. In the long run, I believe I will benefit and West Indies cricket will benefit."

ik7
06-13-2011, 01:46 PM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133900/133947.jpg

Allrounder Andre Russell has said West Indies' failure to apply pressure when Harbhajan Singh came out to bat when India were 92 for 6, still needing 134 runs for victory, cost them the game.

"When Harbhajan came to the wicket, we didn't really apply much pressure," Russell said. "We allowed him to score freely. That's the thing we have to tighten up next time. We had to bowl at right areas against him early on to make him uncomfortable. We didn't do that today. All of these things we can take as a learning experience."

There were hardly any people in for the game in the morning and those who had come were stunned by the West Indian top-order collapse as they crumbled from 65 for 1 to 96 for 7. It was Russell, who with his violent, unbeaten 92 and some clean hitting, lifted West Indies out of the hole. He started his innings slowly, ensuring he settled in before he unfurled the bigger shots. One ball flew over the midwicket boundary and landed in the parking lot. A few others also cleared the boundary. He ultimately hit eight fours and five sixes in his 64-ball knock.

"I always go in with a positive frame of my mind, "Russell said. "I believe in myself and I know I can hit the ball. What matters the most to me is that I get a start. As long as I get a start; start sweating a bit and see the bowlers, I can bang them around later. It was important for me to do well and express myself against a top team like India. I grabbed the opportunity with both hands."

Russell said he wasn't nervous when he walked into bat with West Indies reeling at 96 for 7. "The experience of playing in the World Cup helped. In fact I ran in to the crease and had no nerves. It was somewhat a similar situation against England in the World Cup. We had lost early wickets then as well. I just focussed on getting a start. There were lots of overs left and I knew if I could stay there as long as possible I would score some runs."

An innings like this is bound to raise the expectations of the fans, who will demand from him to perform as an allrounder, but Russell said he primarily saw himself as a bowling allrounder. "I try to balance it as the best I can. Bowling is my first choice. I bowl first in the nets and then have a hit. I don't go to training and just bowl and not bat. I want to have that balance and enjoy the success."

Russell said that Saturday's knock was easily his best innings of his life. "I had 65-ball 108 against Ireland for Jamaica but this was my biggest innings as it came on a big stage. That 108 was amazing but I really enjoyed myself today. If only we had 30 more runs the result could have been different."

ik7
06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Here we start:

Toss, 8.30 am Suresh Raina has won the toss once again. India will bowl. They have made three changes, bringing in R Ashwin, Ishant Sharma and Manoj Tiwary for Harbhajan Singh, Shikhar Dhawan and Munaf Patel. West Indies have made two - Devendra Bishoo and Kirk Edwards are out, Anthony Martin and Darren Bravo are back in.

ik7
06-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Today's Eleven:

West Indies team

LMP Simmons,
DM Bravo,
RR Sarwan,
DP Hyatt,
MN Samuels,
KA Pollard,
CS Baugh†,
DJG Sammy*,
AD Russell,
KAJ Roach,
A Martin
India team

PA Patel†,
V Kohli,
S Badrinath,
MK Tiwary,
SK Raina*,
RG Sharma,
YK Pathan,
P Kumar,
R Ashwin,
A Mishra,
I Sharma

ik7
06-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Praveen Kumar will open the bowling, from over the wicket. Lendl Simmons to face, Danza Hyatt is his partner.

ik7
06-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Ishant Sharma thakartthu thudangi.... :cheers:

I Sharma to Hyatt, OUT, Hyatt is gone, and he always looked like going. Ishant got the ball to rise again from a good length, Hyatt stayed in his crease and just fended at it. It hit the top half of the outside edge and lobbed tamely towards backward point.
DP Hyatt c Tiwary b I Sharma 1 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 25.00

Thiwarykk aadhyatthe catch...

ik7
06-13-2011, 06:53 PM
End of over 4 (8 runs) West Indies 12/1 (RR: 3.00)
LMP Simmons 7* (14b 1x4) I Sharma 2-0-12-1
RR Sarwan 1* (7b) P Kumar 2-2-0-0

ik7
06-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Praveen kumarinu 2 maiden... :Yahoo:

Praveen Kumar can end up with more maiden overs than wickets in ODIs...

baappootty
06-13-2011, 07:00 PM
WI-13/2(5.1 overs)..Innum WI aadyam bat cheyyunnu....

ik7
06-13-2011, 07:01 PM
2nd Catch for thiwary... :cheers: Sarwan gone...Wicket to PK...

Kumar to Sarwan, OUT, caught at point! A tame dismissal. The length was a little shorter and the line a little wider. It seamed away from Sarwan who moved back and cut it. He wasn't able to hit it in the gap or along the ground. Manoj Tiwary barely had to move to catch it.

RR Sarwan c Tiwary b Kumar 1 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR: 8.33

And that's a hat-trick of maidens. A Zaheer-esque start for Praveen..:kayyadi: :kayyadi:

ik7
06-13-2011, 07:01 PM
baappootty... :cheers:

lalistheonlySuperStar
06-13-2011, 07:03 PM
good start
and good toss to win

lalistheonlySuperStar
06-13-2011, 07:03 PM
praveen kumar 3 maiden

Aaram ThampuraN
06-13-2011, 07:23 PM
India won the toss and elected to field

Aaram ThampuraN
06-13-2011, 07:23 PM
RR Sarwan c Tiwary b Kumar 1 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR: 8.33

Aaram ThampuraN
06-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Toss, 8.30 am Suresh Raina has won the toss once again. India will bowl. They have made three changes, bringing in R Ashwin, Ishant Sharma and Manoj Tiwary for Harbhajan Singh, Shikhar Dhawan and Munaf Patel. West Indies have made two - Devendra Bishoo and Kirk Edwards are out, Anthony Martin and Darren Bravo are back in.

Aaram ThampuraN
06-13-2011, 07:37 PM
West Indies 50/2 (13.0 ov)

Aaram ThampuraN
06-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Mishra to Simmons, SIX
Mishra to Simmons, SIX, shot! Simmons jumps down the pitch, gets to the pitch of the ball and lofts it so cleanly over the long-on boundary

Jeff
06-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Ivide aarum active allale?

Aaram ThampuraN
06-14-2011, 12:04 PM
ee section parajayam anu :sadwalk:

Aaram ThampuraN
06-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Finally West Indies managed to put together the kind of cluster of performances they have been missing, and hence losing matches - often from positions from where they could have won. Today, though, they didn't relent despite a poor start, and registered a welcome win albeit after the series was lost. Lendl Simmons got his sixth fifty in his last eight innings, Kieron Pollard notched up his personal best against a Test-playing nation, Carlton Baugh again played the support role before taking the lead behind the stumps, Andre Russell smacked 25 off 14 before unsettling India with his bouncers, and Darren Sammy and Anthony Martin backed up expertly with their bowling, scalping six under-pressure batsmen between them.

Smart Stats
The 103-run win is West Indies' third-highest margin of victory over India in ODIs. The highest is the 135-run win in Vijayawada in 2002.
The 146 is India's sixth-lowest score against West Indies overall and their second lowest in the West Indies.
India's 146 is their fifth-lowest score in ODIs since the beginning of 2008. Their lowest in the same period is 88 against Sri Lanka in Dambulla in 2008.
The 96-run stand between Carlton Baugh and Kieron Pollard is the second-highest for the sixth wicket for West Indies in ODIs against India after the 118-run stand between Ricardo Powell and Nehemiah Perry in Singapore in 1999.
Pollard's 70 is his fourth half-century and second-highest score in ODIs. His highest is the 94 against Ireland in the 2011 World Cup.
Anthony Martin's 4 for 36 is fourth on the list of best bowling performances by a West Indies bowler against India in ODIs since 2005. In the same period, Ravi Rampaul's 5 for 51 in Chennai is the best.
It was never going to be an easy win. Not with Praveen Kumar and Amit Mishra in the kind of form they've been in. The two bowled six maiden overs and took five wickets between them to undo Simmons' good work. Simmons brought West Indies back from 41 for 2 through a counter-attack on the returning Ishant Sharma and on the dominant Mishra. However, he saw his partner in recovery, Darren Bravo, pick out one of three fielders on the leg-side boundary to send West Indies into a tailspin that stopped with Simmons' run-out to make it 103 for 5 in the 27th over.

This was Simmons' ninth innings out of 27 that ended between 40 and 77, a trend that flatters and then deceives. However, another flatterer-and-deceiver forgot the deceiving part today. Pollard played one of his more responsible international innings to pull West Indies out of trouble.

After an edgy start, Pollard showed much better discretion and cricketing sense. Hitting Manoj Tiwary for a straight six and a four in the 32nd over, he reached 19 off 19, and started working the singles. Baugh reciprocated just like he had done with Russell two days ago. There was a moment when Baugh should have been run out for 17, running casually with his bat in the air, but the umpire chose not to look at the replays. That was not the first mistake Norman Malcolm made, nor was it the last. His lbw call against Marlon Samuels was dodgy, as were a couple of wides, and he would go on to deny India another run-out in the last over of the innings.

Pollard, meanwhile, was making all the right decisions. The big shots and the singles were mixed well. There was also a deft late-cut, and the big hits were aimed only down the ground. Nor was there any urge to hit every delivery into the stands. He went after Mishra only when he bowled flat. He contributed 64 to the 96-run stand. Having put India under pressure, Pollard holed out in the first over of the batting Powerplay that begun in the 44th over.

That didn't stall the momentum, though, as Russell continued with his clean big striking, hitting three fours and a six to help West Indies get 57 in the Powerplay. Having reached their best score of the season, West Indies were aggressive in defence. The pitch wasn't as slow as the ones in the earlier matches, and Kemar Roach and Russell didn't bother about keeping some in the tank. They went all out against the inexperienced top order, and Sammy was canny from the other end.

India's slide began with Tiwary, who was jetlagged on debut when his stumps were clattered by Brett Lee and was now playing his comeback match as an opener, a role he is not accustomed to. It showed as he struggled against the moving ball. Nerves were on display too. He almost ran himself out and was dropped off Roach before finally edging Sammy. Parthiv Patel pulled, flicked and upper-cut well in scoring 26 of the 41 runs that came while he was at the crease. Sammy, though, got rid of him with a smart one-handed return catch to his left.

S Badrinath was then pinged by Russell's bouncers. There was an air of helplessness in the way he moved about the crease, trying to get out of the way, looking for the upper-cut. The struggle finally ended when he gloved a hook and was quick in rushing off the field.

Martin, who is a firefighter in Antigua, then came on to give his full-time job a bad name. Here were India facing the heat, and the fireman stoked the fire by scalping India's best batsman, Virat Kohli, in his first over and the innings' 21st. Baugh, who had taken an overhead catch behind his body to send Badrinath back, now finished a flashy stumping as Kohli overbalanced for a split-second. Under pressure, Suresh Raina looked for release, but slogged Martin straight to midwicket to make it 111 for 5.

Yusuf Pathan soon did something similar to Simmons, but there was still one man West Indies needed to see the back of. Rohit Sharma had denied them on two previous occasions in this series, but this time he top-edged a slog-sweep off Martin after having looked good for 39 off 47. Game over.

Sree
06-14-2011, 05:21 PM
thottappo onnonnara tholvi aayipoyi :speechless:

ik7
06-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Innu kalikkaan adrian Barath um unde.. :cheers:

ik7
06-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Chris Gayle (http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/51880.html) is highly unlikely to play in the Test series against India and is in danger of not representing West Indies in the near future. A heated meeting on Wednesday night between the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and Gayle's camp ended in a stalemate, according to those present, with conflicting reports from both sides over what had happened in the meeting.

After the meeting, a West Indies board source told ESPNcricinfo there was a possibility that Gayle's career could go down the same road as that of Andrew Symonds, who now plies his trade only as a freelance player in domestic Twenty20 events across the world and does not play for Australia. Gayle's camp said this prediction made by the board was an indication that the WICB wanted to end the international career of the former West Indies captain. They also said the meeting had proved the board was in no mood to arrive at a compromise, refusing to negotiate unless Gayle retracted statements he made in a radio interview in April.

Gayle was present at the three-hour meeting along with Ramnarine and WIPA vice-president Wavell Hinds, while the board was represented by Hilaire, coach Ottis Gibson, team manager Richie Richardson and director of cricket Tony Howard.

After the meeting on Wednesday, in which tempers are said to have flared, allegations from both camps flew thick and fast. A WICB source alleged that Dinanath Ramnarine, the president of the West Indies Players Association (WIPA), had lifted his chair and threatened to assault the board CEO Ernest Hilaire. WIPA denied the incident but conceded that there had been verbal disagreements and that Ramnarine had got out from his chair at one point, but had neither lifted the chair nor tried to hit Hilaire.

A WIPA source said the meeting ended with Hilaire saying he would have to speak with the WICB management and the selectors before any more action was taken. No further meeting between the two parties was scheduled. The West Indies board will meet on June 17 in Kingston, with a new round of players contracts due in three months. The Gayle issue is also expected to be discussed.

The WICB wants Gayle to retract the statements he made on radio earlier this year, during an interview in which he alleged the board had mismanaged his injury, that coach Gibson had damaged Ramnaresh Sarwan's confidence, and the board mishandled his contract talks in October 2010.

The player's camp said they were willing to negotiate but the WICB had been adamant and wanted to end Gayle's career to set a precedent. "They just want him to beg and apologise," the WIPA source said. "We were willing to bury the past and move on but they weren't willing. We asked two things. One: why didn't they pick up Gayle? Two: what's the next step from here and what's the time-frame? The board didn't give any time-frame. The thing is just hanging now."

According to the WICB Gayle wanted to brush his allegations made during the radio interview under the carpet and that WIPA was now demanding that he be selected. "They didn't want to retract the statements made which is not acceptable to us," the board source said. "Their claim is that Gayle was upset when he said that and it was just a statement made in that context. The board doesn't agree. You can't make unsubstantiated statements against the board, the coach, and the other issues and just say that you were upset. Gayle has to retract his statements."

If Gayle retracts his statements, the board would likely view the incident as a minor indiscretion, penalise him accordingly, and select him.

The WIPA claims the board doesn't want to see a resolution over the issue and wants to bury both Gayle's career and the players association along with it. "We went in thinking that the issue will be resolved but to our horror they weren't just in the mood," a WIPA source said. "They made lots of false allegations. The real issue is the selection of Gayle. Clearly, they don't want to. It's a big ego issue for them and they are dragging West Indies cricket down with them."

The issue dates back to October 2010, when Gayle refused to sign a contract with the board. The WICB claims that Gayle wanted the board to buy him out of his IPL contract. "It was before the IPL auction time," the board source said. "Gayle said he went for US $800,000 in the last year and wanted the same amount."

Kieron Pollard and Dwayne Bravo, who initially adopted the same position as Gayle, later reached an agreement with the board. They would accept match fees for playing in games for West Indies and were allowed to play in the IPL.

It is understood that later, when Gayle approached the board for a no-objection certificate to play in the IPL, the board agreed because they didn't want to be dragged to the court on a "restraint of trade" clause.

As things stand, a resolution between the board and Gayle now seems extremely unlikely.

ik7
06-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Adrian Barath (http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-india-2011/content/player/274926.html) returns from injury and Ravi Rampaul is back after being rested, but there is still no place for Chris Gayle in the West Indies squad for the fifth and final one-dayer against India. Gayle, who missed out on the first four games because of his controversial radio interview, was supposed to meet with the WICB on Wednesday to discuss his comments. The board has maintained Gayle would not be selected until they met with him to clear the air, but there was no word on the meeting when the squad was announced.

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/134000/134045.jpg
Adrian Barath is back in the West Indies squad after an injury break, Jamaica, June 15, 2011
Barath, the 21-year-old opener, has been undergoing rehabilitation after suffering a hamstring injury that caused him to miss the 2011 World Cup. Prior to the third ODI, he was asked to spend a week practicing at the Sagicor High Performance Centre in order to be considered for selection for the Test series starting on June 20 in Jamaica. He replaces Kirk Edwards, who struggled in the last two games, while Danza Hyatt makes way for Rampaul. Barath averages 32 from eight ODIs, with one hundred.

West Indies lost the first three games to lose the series but bounced back to win the fourth game by 103 runs. The final game will be played in Jamaica on Thursday.

West Indies squad:
Darren Sammy (capt), Carlton Baugh (wk), Devendra Bishoo, Darren Bravo, Adrian Barath, Ravi Rampaul, Anthony Martin, Kieron Pollard, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Lendl Simmons.

ik7
06-16-2011, 04:10 PM
The Preview

Big Picture

West Indies go 0-3 down in the five-ODI contest. Their batsmen are inept against spin on slow pitches. Where on earth is the home advantage? Their outcricket is from an obsolete era. Too many dot balls faced. Chris Gayle is missing. Darren Sammy remains earnest and finds positives very few can see.

Then they win a game, the first dead rubber. Suddenly they have an opportunity to secure a 2-3 result. That doesn't look so bad, does it? And after enough time passes, only the 2-3 will endure, the desperation will linger only in the memories of those who were faithful enough to watch it all. And the faithful have been scarce this summer.

That could have been a description of West Indies' plight against Pakistan earlier in the season, but it isn't. Their struggle against India has had an almost identical tale - the starkest difference perhaps being the start times of the matches: 09.30 for Pakistan, 09.00 for India. The hosts will hope for an identical ending too, for that would mean victory against India at Sabina Park on Thursday.

The person Kingston and most of the Caribbean want to see, however, will not play at Sabina Park. Once again Gayle has been ignored for selection. He was supposed to have had his meeting with the WICB the day after West Indies won the fourth ODI. Not a peep, tweet or officious media release has been forthcoming from either party. The fifth ODI, frankly, matters little now, but the standoff continuing to weaken West Indies during the Test series will take this absurdity to an extreme.

Let not the muck West Indies are stuck in take away from India's effort. The players in Suresh Raina's side had careers to revive and places to fight for. Most of them have strengthened their cases. S Badrinath and Yusuf Pathan haven't, though, and the stakes will be that much higher for them in the final ODI.

ik7
06-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Stats and trivia

West Indies have won seven of the previous eight matches they played at Sabina Park. Four of those victories, however, were against Zimbabwe, Ireland and Canada.

Ramnaresh Sarwan has scored the most ODI runs at this venue - 556 at an average of 61.77. Gayle and Chanderpaul are second and third, but they won't be playing.

Ravi Rampaul averages 15.14 for his seven wickets at Sabina Park, perhaps part of the reason West Indies recalled him for the final game. Dwayne Bravo has the most ODI wickets here - 13 in nine games.

ik7
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
The spotlight

Ishant Sharma had figures of 1 for 60 in the fourth ODI, his first game of the series, when West Indies scored at just under five an over on average. What those stats won't tell you is that he got the ball to rise sharply from not that short a length, when Parthiv Patel was stooping to collect Praveen Kumar's deliveries. Ishant bowled at brisk pace too - in the 135-140 kph range - and hustled most West Indies batsmen. Now if he could only sort out that persistent no-ball problem …

Adrian Barath hasn't played for West Indies since February. He suffered a hamstring injury before their World Cup campaign began and has been sidelined since. He's finished his recovery, spent a week training at the High Performance Centre and is ready to slot in alongside Lendl Simmons at the top of the batting order. His inclusion gives West Indies a more productive option than Kirk Edwards or Danza Hyatt did.

ik7
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Team news

West Indies will replace Hyatt, who opened in the previous game, with Barath, while the rest of the batting order picks itself. With three seam-bowling allrounders - Kieron Pollard, Andre Russell and Sammy - certain to play, though, there's space for only two out of legspinners Anthony Martin and Devendra Bishoo, and fast bowlers Kemar Roach and Ravi Rampaul, who was recalled after being given a rest. Martin took 4 for 36 in Antigua and should retain his spot, so the toss up is between Roach and Rampaul.

West Indies:
1 Lendl Simmons, 2 Adrian Barath, 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Darren Bravo, 5 Marlon Samuels, 6 Kieron Pollard, 7 Carlton Baugh (wk), 8 Andre Russell, 9 Darren Sammy (capt), 10 Ravi Rampaul/Kemar Roach, 11 Anthony Martin.

Fast bowler Vinay Kumar and wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha are the only Indians who haven't played on tour yet. They could get a look in at Sabina Park.

India:
1 Parthiv Patel/Wriddhiman Saha (wk), 2 Manoj Tiwary, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 S Badrinath, 5 Rohit Sharma, 6 Suresh Raina (capt), 7 Yusuf Pathan, 8 R Ashwin, 9 Praveen Kumar/Vinay Kumar, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Amit Mishra.

ik7
06-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Toss, 8.30 Darren Sammy has finally won a toss and West Indies will bowl. Adrian Barath is back, replacing Danza Hyatt, no other changes for the hosts. So Bishoo and Rampaul will carry drinks.

ik7
06-16-2011, 07:10 PM
India have made two changes. S Badrinath and Praveen Kumar are not playing today, Shikhar Dhawan returns and Vinay Kumar gets his first game on tour.

ik7
06-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Today's Eleven:

West Indies team

LMP Simmons,
AB Barath,
DM Bravo,
RR Sarwan,
MN Samuels,
KA Pollard,
CS Baugh†,
DJG Sammy*,
AD Russell,
KAJ Roach,
A Martin
India team

PA Patel†,
S Dhawan,
V Kohli,
MK Tiwary,
SK Raina*,
RG Sharma,
YK Pathan,
R Ashwin,
R Vinay Kumar,
A Mishra,
I Sharma

ik7
06-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Game time. Dhawan and Parthiv will open the innings for India, with Tiwary dropping down the order. Roach has the new ball, bowling from over the wicket.

ik7
06-16-2011, 07:41 PM
End of over 2 (9 runs) India 11/0 (RR: 5.50)
S Dhawan 7* (8b 1x4) DJG Sammy 1-0-9-0
PA Patel 4* (4b) KAJ Roach 1-0-2-0

ik7
06-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Parthiv Gone..

Russell to Patel, OUT, Martin's taken a stunner! Parthiv tried to pull the short ball but didn't connect well, hitting the ball in the air just outside the circle in front of square. Martin sprinted back from square leg, watching the ball over his shoulder and then dived full length to latch on to the ball

PA Patel c Martin b Russell 6 (11b 0x4 0x6) SR: 54.54

Aaram ThampuraN
06-16-2011, 07:56 PM
dhawan thiriche vanna

ik7
06-16-2011, 07:58 PM
vannu vannu...Sammykkitt paniyum koduthu...