• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  6
    Likes Likes:  132
    Page 237 of 260 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247 ... LastLast
    Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2600
    1. #2361
      Indiana Jones
      is The Adventurer
       
      I am:
      Secret
       
      Krrish's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      23,445
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      9696

      Default

      Badla... ishtapettu.. predictable aayirunnu for me as i was able to guess most of the twists.. AB nd Tapsee were really good as usual.. but the surprise performance came from Amrita Singh... She was really good and did her role very well.. njan ithinte original kandittu illathath kond koodi aan enikk ishtapettath..
      Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

    2. #2362
      Active User
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Aravind Krishnan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Posts
      266
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      640

      Default

      Njan Prakashan

      The worst Malayalam movie of recent times and Sathyan Anthikad's 'Razzie' moment. Nothing redeemable about it whatsoever. Rating: 1/5

      Athiran

      Athiran is a classic example of a movie that had everything, a well assembled starcast, effective central performances, excellent production design and a haunting if overloud background score by Ghibran. But the makers dont really know what to do with all this...Sometimes the treatment is over-explanatory (the time and again family squabbles leading to murders in the past) and at other times, we really needed more from the well sketched but superficial character actors in the mansion. A lot of things are hinted at (e.g. mental patients abuse) but not fully realised. Yet at the same time Vivek's direction is assured, with well written jump scares and good song picturisations, especially Pavizha Mazha is a treat. Vivek especially extracts a career best performance from Sai Pallavi.

      This film has similar problems to Nine in that, the star does not sync completely with it. Here Fahadh Fazil takes on a character that aside from the last 15 minutes could have been done by any other actor and didnt require any abhinaya muhoorthams whatsoever. In an increasingly competitive acting environment, he needs to select his scripts more wisely.

      A one time watch with less expectations.

      Verdict: Watchable
      Rating: 2.75/5

      2.0

      This movie deserves the classic Thilakan dialogue. "Angane pavanayi shavamayi...enthokke bahalamayi."
      Had I not seen Petta, I would have felt it was high time Rajanikanth retires. This is the most tired performance from him especially as Dr Vaseegaran and he only comes into his own 20 minutes before the film ends, which is too little, too late. Akshay Kumar's flashback was well done and more needed to be told about excess cellphone use and its harmful effects. But Shankar's over-excesses kill the film big time. Even AR Rahman's score is a listless affair. The worst part of the movie is the horrible visual effects and the climax fight scenes felt like one was in a video game.

      Shankar, Why this Kolaveri da?

      Rating: 2/5

    3. #2363
      Miaaaowww
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      The Poocha's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      4,301
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      115501

      Default

      Badla was decent. Bachchan Saab was good as always. Although Tapsee's acting seems weirdly same in all movies. It's as if, I know she's gonna react in a particular manner and she does the exact same
      नज़र के आगे हर एक मंज़र रेत की तरह बिखर रहा है
      दर्द तुम्हारा बदन में मेरे ज़हर की तरह उतर रहा है

    4. #2364
      Active User
      is Nothing
       
      I am:
      Bemused
       
      Smartu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Bangalore/Thrissur
      Posts
      18,472
      Mentioned
      201 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      42216

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by The Poocha View Post
      Badla was decent. Bachchan Saab was good as always. Although Tapsee's acting seems weirdly same in all movies. It's as if, I know she's gonna react in a particular manner and she does the exact same
      yeah. Bachan sir kollarnu. tapsee is aiswarya lakshmi of bollywood. ella padathilum same expressions :P
      The dream of being alive even in the shape of a human

    5. #2365
      Miaaaowww
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      The Poocha's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      4,301
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      115501

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Smartu View Post
      yeah. Bachan sir kollarnu. tapsee is aiswarya lakshmi of bollywood. ella padathilum same expressions :P
      Aishu baby
      नज़र के आगे हर एक मंज़र रेत की तरह बिखर रहा है
      दर्द तुम्हारा बदन में मेरे ज़हर की तरह उतर रहा है

    6. #2366
      Miaaaowww
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      The Poocha's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      4,301
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      115501

      Default

      Have been watching a lot of 90's Hindi movie song videos on YouTube recently and have come to the conclusion that it is Urmila and not Madhuri, Raveena and Karishma(who are widely considered to be the best) who is the ultimate dance queen. I mean, the absolute sensuality and perfection that she exhibits in the old dance videos is phenomenal. Regretting not paying adequate attention to these earlier
      नज़र के आगे हर एक मंज़र रेत की तरह बिखर रहा है
      दर्द तुम्हारा बदन में मेरे ज़हर की तरह उतर रहा है

    7. #2367
      Super Moderator
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      anukutty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Posts
      28,607
      Mentioned
      45 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      8713

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by The Poocha View Post
      Have been watching a lot of 90's Hindi movie song videos on YouTube recently and have come to the conclusion that it is Urmila and not Madhuri, Raveena and Karishma(who are widely considered to be the best) who is the ultimate dance queen. I mean, the absolute sensuality and perfection that she exhibits in the old dance videos is phenomenal. Regretting not paying adequate attention to these earlier
      Raveena certainly not in the league of Madhuri,Urmila,Karisham when it comes to dancing ...She was never a natural...Urmila was the most underrated,her energy level and flexibility amazing...
      Best page in SS : Read page No 228 of Odiyan official thread.

    8. #2368
      Active User
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Thorappan Bastin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      2,974
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      455

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Aravind Krishnan View Post
      Njan Prakashan

      The worst Malayalam movie of recent times and Sathyan Anthikad's 'Razzie' moment. Nothing redeemable about it whatsoever. Rating: 1/5

      Athiran

      Athiran is a classic example of a movie that had everything, a well assembled starcast, effective central performances, excellent production design and a haunting if overloud background score by Ghibran. But the makers dont really know what to do with all this...Sometimes the treatment is over-explanatory (the time and again family squabbles leading to murders in the past) and at other times, we really needed more from the well sketched but superficial character actors in the mansion. A lot of things are hinted at (e.g. mental patients abuse) but not fully realised. Yet at the same time Vivek's direction is assured, with well written jump scares and good song picturisations, especially Pavizha Mazha is a treat. Vivek especially extracts a career best performance from Sai Pallavi.

      This film has similar problems to Nine in that, the star does not sync completely with it. Here Fahadh Fazil takes on a character that aside from the last 15 minutes could have been done by any other actor and didnt require any abhinaya muhoorthams whatsoever. In an increasingly competitive acting environment, he needs to select his scripts more wisely.

      A one time watch with less expectations.

      Verdict: Watchable
      Rating: 2.75/5

      2.0

      This movie deserves the classic Thilakan dialogue. "Angane pavanayi shavamayi...enthokke bahalamayi."
      Had I not seen Petta, I would have felt it was high time Rajanikanth retires. This is the most tired performance from him especially as Dr Vaseegaran and he only comes into his own 20 minutes before the film ends, which is too little, too late. Akshay Kumar's flashback was well done and more needed to be told about excess cellphone use and its harmful effects. But Shankar's over-excesses kill the film big time. Even AR Rahman's score is a listless affair. The worst part of the movie is the horrible visual effects and the climax fight scenes felt like one was in a video game.

      Shankar, Why this Kolaveri da?

      Rating: 2/5
      Same opinion about Njan Prakashan.. Even felt fahads acting as way too artificial..

    9. #2369
      Active User
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      intexaqua's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      abide ibide ebidengilum
      Posts
      9,752
      Mentioned
      30 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      71628

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Thorappan Bastin View Post
      Same opinion about Njan Prakashan.. Even felt fahads acting as way too artificial..
      He was also artificial at many places in OIPK too. He is not comfortable doing light hearted roles

    10. #2370
      Active User
      is Nothing
       
      I am:
      Bemused
       
      Smartu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Bangalore/Thrissur
      Posts
      18,472
      Mentioned
      201 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      42216

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by intexaqua View Post
      He was also artificial at many places in OIPK too. He is not comfortable doing light hearted roles
      randu padathilum oru katta mukalil aanu. sathyan paranjitano angane ennu ariyila. carbon also same prasnam undu.
      The dream of being alive even in the shape of a human

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •