PDA

View Full Version : Snehasallapam with Sangeeth Sivan : SS Exclusive Scoop : Yodha 2 rumour dispelled!

admin
5th December 2009, 07:06 PM
Hi dear Snehasallapam members..

Here is the next celebrity chat that we conduct after Ranjith Sankar,RahulRaj and Smt Radhalakshmi Padmarajan.

Shortly you will get the answers that you posted to celebrity director Sangeeth Sivan few days back

Transcript of the interview available here also --> SnehaSallapam with Celebrities - Sangeeth Sivan - Yodha 2 rumour dispelled!! Page 2! - Page 2 - Snehasallapam (http://www.snehasallapam.com/malayalam-movie-discussions/476-snehasallapam-celebrities-sangeeth-sivan-yodha-2-rumour-dispelled-page-2-a-2.html#post260825)

Tony
5th December 2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks admin...

sevens
5th December 2009, 07:07 PM
:salut::salut: SS Rocksss

ajnabi
5th December 2009, 07:08 PM
get ready...

lalistheonlySuperStar
5th December 2009, 07:09 PM
Dear sangeeth Sivan sir,
thanks a lot for giving some of your time with us

and congrats for the award you got....

ajnabi
5th December 2009, 07:11 PM
Dear sangeeth Sivan sir,
thanks a lot for giving some of your time with us

and congrats for the award you got....
english paranju pedippikkathedey...

lalistheonlySuperStar
5th December 2009, 07:13 PM
english paranju pedippikkathedey...

sangeet sivan sarinte marupadikkayi njan kathirikkunnu ajnabi :lol:

Nick Nack
5th December 2009, 07:14 PM
Thanx to SS (Sangeeth Sivan) & SS (Sneha Sallapam) for this great event

sevens
5th December 2009, 07:14 PM
:kudi:

kk_vin
5th December 2009, 07:23 PM
:clap:.........

double chankan
5th December 2009, 07:25 PM

:salute: :salute:

double chankan
5th December 2009, 07:29 PM
Currently Active Users: 41 (18 members and 23 guests)
Most users ever online was 168, 10-16-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Sangeeth Sivan, ajnabi, dadycool, Digambaran, El Mariachi, kk_vin, lalistheonlySuperStar, MAHI, NaviN, R B K, rejeeshnv, sevens, SG_Lover, zooshtray

:cheers: :cheers:

ajnabi
5th December 2009, 07:31 PM
Currently Active Users: 41 (18 members and 23 guests)
Most users ever online was 168, 10-16-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Sangeeth Sivan, ajnabi, dadycool, Digambaran, El Mariachi, kk_vin, lalistheonlySuperStar, MAHI, NaviN, R B K, rejeeshnv, sevens, SG_Lover, zooshtray

njanum celebum aduthaduth...!!! thanx to A..!!

admin
5th December 2009, 07:33 PM
Hi Members,

For this celebrity chat, we will not be able to take on the spot questions from you.
However we will give you a chance at the end to raise questions, and as time permits our celebrity will answer them at a later point of time.

Please co operate

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:34 PM
My question to you dear sir,

heard a month before one of the great malayalam movie of yourself
"yodha" is coming back with its second part.....i was really thrilled..
but later i heard it is going to do your brother sanjeev sivan...but
the sad news was coming that lalettan is not there in the movie and
planning to make a 3D movie rather than the original theme without
super star mohanlal and super comedian jagathi sreekumar....

Without asokan and appukkuttan yodha is zero i would say....
it would have been a wonderful news for us if you had announced
the sequel with same theme......

can u give details about the project sir if the news is correct???

Regards,

VIJESH.

As of now all I can say is that it is just a big rumor. All I can say is that if I were to do the sequel, it will be with most of the original cast and some new ones offering fresher twists to the story. That said, I am against sequels in general.

double chankan
5th December 2009, 07:35 PM
As of now all I can say is that it is just a big rumor. All I can say is that if I were to do the sequel, it will be with most of the original cast and some new ones offering fresher twists to the story. That said, I am against sequels in general.

:cheers: :cheers: the chat begins with an exclusive news..

Thanks a ton sir :salute: :salute:

ajnabi
5th December 2009, 07:36 PM

thats the end of big rumour..thanx sangeeth sir..

Hari Kuttan
Warm welcome to SS sir, truly an honour to have you here :salute:

Pankajakshan
:kayyadi: :kayyadi: :kayyadi:

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:37 PM
Welcome Sangeeth Sir..

My Questions:
1.What was ur inspiration on developing Horror Flicks?Actually,Was this genre ur favourite?
2.If u get a good theme and script for malayalam...Will u make a comeback..which we r seeking for?
3.What kind of movie u were dreaming to gift towards the audience before u bcome a director?
4.Can you differentiate bollywood and malluwood of this generation?Which is better quality wise.according to u sir..

Thank u sir.....

1. Horror was never a favorite genre of mine though I loved OMEN when I was young. During my sojourn in Mumbai, I was lucky to see quite a bit of J horror or Japanese horror which really impressed me. More than blood and gore it was on a great story and creation of greater moods. That set me thinking …

2. Till 2010 I have commitments in Hindi. Have films which I have to produce for my company too here. But yes, if I do come across a great idea would love to do a mal film in 2011. In fact I am in talks too with a few emerging writers in kerala.

3. Always, something different. Did not want to tell stories the way it was being told. Sometimes when I look back, maybe some of my best films in mal was ahead of its times in terms of thought and style.

4. Even in bollywood the best of film technicians are from kerala or tamil nadu!

Pankajakshan
5th December 2009, 07:37 PM
Sangeeth Sivan sir i'm Pankajakshan...Kettu kaanumallo...Welcome to SS... nice to meet you :grin:

Nick Nack
5th December 2009, 07:38 PM

:punk: :punk: :punk:

Great to hear this... Yodha without Lal is useless... better not to go for a sequel itself

Kumbidi
5th December 2009, 07:38 PM
thakarppan... :salute:

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:39 PM
Hello Sir. My questions

1) Is there a major difference in the approach that our Malayalam actors have towards acting when compared to their counterparts in Bollywood? If so, as a director, what challenges have you faced in dealing with these varied styles?

2) How did you spot AR Rahman (then Dileep)? What made you offer Yodha to him?

1. Per se actors in mal are more gifted, committed, down to earth and more professional than the ones in bollywood!

2. He used to do numerous ad jingles as Dilip, then. They were really wonderful and that is how my interaction with Rahman started. From ad jingles to films was nothing but a natural progression.

sevens
5th December 2009, 07:41 PM
:Yahoo::kidu: great news

lalistheonlySuperStar
5th December 2009, 07:42 PM

thanks a lot sir... :salute: so the doubt is clear now. You carry on sir with
other question, and if time permits please see my request that "you please
think about the sequel of YODHA" in the future... that will be a wonderful thing
for the film lovers... a technically perfect movie with lots of different action
scenes....

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:43 PM
Welcome Sangeeth Sir to SS....Thanx to Munshi Annan for making it happen!

1. If I am not wrong, your debut film in hindi was a horror flick Sandhya with Jackie Shroff and Ashutosh Rana, and I believe it has still not got a theatrical release. Is this film complete/can we someday see a dvd release of the film?

2. It has been a while since your last film in Malayalam. As a director, who bucked the then trends in malayalam cinema to make a totally new kind of actioner in Yodha, can we expect a technically slick horror film in Malayalam from you since it has been one of your favorite genres?

1. My first film in Hindi was Zor toplining sunny Deol and Sushmita Sen. Sandhya was to be my second film. More than horror it was a dark thriller. Not too sure about the other details as it is the producer who decides.

2. The perception that Horror is my fav’t genre is quite wrong. I have dabbled in almost all the genres excepting maybe family socials. I make a conscious attempt to try out different genres so that every film of mine is different. Would def do one in mal but whether it would be a horror is open to conjecture at this point.

Nick Nack
Superb... within the first 3 answers itself lots of clarifications... many rumours are dead and buried

double chankan
4. Even in bollywood the best of film technicians are from kerala or tamil nadu!

1. Per se actors in mal are more gifted, committed, down to earth and more professional than the ones in bollywood!

brave answers.........:rockit:

Pankajakshan
5th December 2009, 07:44 PM
Wow ...!!! Bold enough!!

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:44 PM
We welcome Sangeeth Sivan sir to SS.

Your brother has come up with the idea of making Yodha 2. Is it due to the recent trend of making sequels. Why is it that you decided not to direct it. How did the whole idea of Yodha 2 take shape.

As said before, I have no plans and as far as I know, the whole talk of yodha sequel is just hot air

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:47 PM
Thanx to Munshi machan and Tony...

My Questions

1. Why this huge gap in Malayalam films? Is it a loss of interest with Malayalam films or the budgetary freedom/flexibility that Bollywood can afford? In fact Malayalam films have lost Priyan and Sangeeth to Hindi for too long now.

2. Is Yodha 2 in the pipeline? In fact any Malayalam film at all in the pipeline?

3. Which has been your most satisfying project till date? Why?

4. Given an option to do a movie with a script from one of the following writers who would you pick and why? MT Vasudevan Nair, Padmarajan, Lohithadas, Sreenivasan, Priyadarshan.

1. Feel quite comfortable here in bollywood now. Your films reach out to a wider audience and coz of that u have better budgets too. And now I am also producing high concept small budget films with younger technicians. Yes, am on the look out for a good subject for mal, either to direct or produce in time.

2. Not till end of 2010.

3. Yodha definitely coz I had the privilege of working with two of our greatest actors Mohan Lal and Jagathy. Also the interaction with Rahman.

4. I have always admired the writing of Padmarajan. He was a kind of inspiration. Lohitadas scripts and films have left a deep impression but don’t think I could have done justice to his subjects. M.T sir too dealt with relations and happenings of an era which I do not fathom. Love the sense of humour in sreenivasans script. So it would have to be Padmarajan and then sreenivasan.

ajnabi
5th December 2009, 07:47 PM
Wow ...!!! Bold enough!!
to say i dont know pankajashan...!!!:parihasam:

double chankan
5th December 2009, 07:48 PM
Who knows it better than its creator that Yodha 2 with out Mohanlal is just going to be body without soul.....

Rumor mills can now churn out newer stuff.. :ssrocks:

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:49 PM
My question:

1. One of the main reasons cited for the stagnation of malayalam film industry is the budgetary constraint. Do you agree with that? If yes, how do you think our industry can deal with that? If not, what do you regard as the chief reason for our industry's standstill?

2. Do you think multistarrer movies like twenty20 are the way forward in malayalam industry?

1. Lack of good stories and the inability of makers to take risks! Today with advancement made in film making, I don’t think budgets, ever, can be a constraint for a maker who dares to be different.

2. No comment. I don’t think a plethora of stars would ever take the industry forward.

double chankan
5th December 2009, 07:51 PM
1. Lack of good stories and the inability of makers to take risks! Today with advancement made in film making, I donít think budgets, ever, can be a constraint for a maker who dares to be different.

2. No comment. I donít think a plethora of stars would ever take the industry forward.

this is turning out to be something major...

hard hitting truths.. but it takes some spine to voice those....

hats off sir...........

adarshadheeran
5th December 2009, 07:51 PM
Sir, Hearty Welcome to SS.....

And thanks for the clarification regarding Yodha2

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:52 PM
Welcome sangeeth-ji

1. Can you name one film which inspired you the most and made you realize,you are born to be a filmmaker and not do anything else??

2.Do you think due to the appalling state our Malayalam cinema is in , its going to have a sad demise like bengali cinema??Can you suggest a few ways to resurrect malayalam cinema to its past glory?

3.If you are asked to make a film out of a novel and said budget is not a constraint, which novel would you choose to film and why??

4.The recent trend in hindi films is to locate some exotic foreign location , rope in a few actors with 6 packs or more, cast a skinny heroine , pump in 30-40 crore and just start shooting.. what do you have to say of such degradation??

thanks

1. Difficult question. There is no one such film but definitely the influence of a great many films cumulatively. Whilst growing up, used to be a great fan of Sethumadhavan sir, Vincent Sir, Bharathan sir and then Padmarajan sir. These people along with my Dad are the influences that pushed me into films though entering films was never my priority in the beginning.

2. Newer idea and fresher talents should be encouraged and more than that the hunger to do something new should be present in the younger generation of film makers.

3. Just a novel would not suffice. Someone has to present me with a great screenplay. A good book does not translate into a good film automatically.

4. That such degradation is making money is of concern.

Pankajakshan
5th December 2009, 07:53 PM
Sir, Hearty Welcome to SS.....

And thanks for the clarification regarding Yodha2

Ettavum valiya clarification Yodha 2 thanne !!

Hari Kuttan
No more sugar coated answers..! Bold and frank.. Thanks a lot sir..! :salute:

munshi02
great ..yodha is nothing without lal..

sangeeth sir :salut:

double chankan
5th December 2009, 07:54 PM
4.The recent trend in hindi films is to locate some exotic foreign location , rope in a few actors with 6 packs or more, cast a skinny heroine , pump in 30-40 crore and just start shooting.. what do you have to say of such degradation??

ooops.... the most kidu answer so far IMO...

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:55 PM
Welcome Sangeeth Sir. It is a pleasure having you with us :-)
My questions to you are:

1.) Offlate in Malayalam flm industry, we have seen some of the well made and critically acclaimed movies like Thirakatha, Pakalnakshatram bomb at the Box Office. At the same time, some of the "not so gud" movies have done well and made profits. Of course, liking a movie is subjective, but do you think there is significant shift in the kind of cinemas malayalees watch/like these days? If yes, is this trend disturbing?

2.) Lot of superhit malayalam movies of late 80s & 90s have been remade in Hindi. Some clicked and some dint. Is it the lack of original ideas/scripts that make such talented directors go for remakes? Are you in favour of movie remakes?

3.) This question has already been asked by Zooshtray. In our country, there is no derth of talent. But to identify a talent early and give him/her the right break is not always easy. How did you spot young Dileep (now AR Rahman)? What made you offer him Yodha??

Thank you :-)

1. Well I guess the audiences get the films that they deserve. So if u say good films are not running, it just means that there is no audiences for it! It is very disheartening and disturbing. The only solution is to make good films at restrictive budgets. The will however is not to struggle nowadays. Everything should be easy and convenient. Where is the maker like John Abraham today?

2. Not for me. It makes a lot of sense when the criteria is only monetary.

3. He and me used to associate ourselves on advertisements. In fact we did a few jingles with him and film was a natural progression considering the wonderful stuff he used to compose even for jingles!

Nick Nack
5th December 2009, 07:57 PM
1. Feel quite comfortable here in bollywood now. Your films reach out to a wider audience and coz of that u have better budgets too. And now I am also producing high concept small budget films with younger technicians. Yes, am on the look out for a good subject for mal, either to direct or produce in time.

2. Not till end of 2010.

3. Yodha definitely coz I had the privilege of working with two of our greatest actors Mohan Lal and Jagathy. Also the interaction with Rahman.

4. I have always admired the writing of Padmarajan. He was a kind of inspiration. Lohitadas scripts and films have left a deep impression but donít think I could have done justice to his subjects. M.T sir too dealt with relations and happenings of an era which I do not fathom. Love the sense of humour in sreenivasans script. So it would have to be Padmarajan and then sreenivasan.

Thanx a lot Sangeeth sir

Vincent Gomas
5th December 2009, 07:57 PM
hearty welcome sangeeth sir to our forum....!!!

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 07:59 PM
My questions

(1) A boyhood with a family of talented people, How was it like? a normal one like any other friends of yours or a different one? How those days influence you in making of this sangeeth Sivan we admire?

(2) Yodha was one of the ultimate entertainer in malayalam. We were looking forward for more and more of that kind..But you escaped to bollywood. why? and when are you coming back?

1. We had an absolutely normal childhood. All of us did the things most kids used to do those days. My dad never compelled us to do anythings specific. He let us discover for ourselves what we wanted. Films was never a career option in my mind it just happened.

2. When the films u love does not run and the films u hate run, u know something is wrong totally. When that happened to me, I left. Bollywood offered wider audiences and better budgets. Would love to do mal films soon, but first need to find an inspiring subject.

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 08:01 PM
Welcome to SS sir, it's an honour to have you here!

1. Needless to say, Yodha is one of my favourite malayalam movies, I can watch it n times without getting bored.. I liked Nirnayam too.. :) But sorry to say I'm not a huge fan of your hindi films.. Why did u take a break frm malayalam industry? We really miss u here..

2. Your experience directing mohanlal..

3. We want more good movies from you, I really hope that Yodha 2 isn't just to cash in the hype.. What's the current status of Yodha 2?

1. Survival!

2. The Ultimate

3. Nothing.

Hari Kuttan
5th December 2009, 08:02 PM
1. Survival!

2. The Ultimate

Thanks a lot sir..! :salute:

Antony Moses
5th December 2009, 08:03 PM
1. Survival!

2. The Ultimate

3. Nothing.

I just couldnt stop myself from whistling loud hearing the second answer!!!

Thanks Sangeet sir!!!

double chankan
5th December 2009, 08:03 PM
I just couldnt stop myself from whistling loud hearing the second answer!!!

Thanks Sangeet sir!!!

the roller coaster ride seems to have just begun :kayyadi::kayyadi:

munshi02
5th December 2009, 08:05 PM
2. When the films u love does not run and the films u hate run, u know something is wrong totally. When that happened to me, I left. Bollywood offered wider audiences and better budgets. Would love to do mal films soon, but first need to find an inspiring subject.

:sankadam::sankadam::sankadam::sankadam:

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 08:05 PM
Welcome to our world :):

1. why did you select Mohanlal for 3 of your movies? are you planning a Mohanlal movie in the near future ?

2. even though the odds are against you, you are planning Yodha-2, when most of the sequels fail to meet the expectations, why do you want to take a risk ? is it because of the hype and good initial that a sequel could bring ?

3. how easy is to direct a remake ? (nirnayam from the fugitive).

4. We have lost a set of good technicians to Bollywood (Priyadarshan, Santhosh Sivan, Sabu Cyril and you). what made you guys to switch film industry ?

5. do you discuss a story with your brother during the initial stages of a film ?

1. Would love to work with Lal sir anyday! But the film need to be something very special for both him and me.

2. Not thinking of sequels at all.

3. Easier than doing an original, I guess

4. Better budgets, wider reach

5. Some times but not for all films. It is the same with him as welll. During meetings we do discuss basic ideas of the concepts we are working on.

adarshadheeran
5th December 2009, 08:06 PM
1. Survival!

2. The Ultimate

3. Nothing.

The second answee stands apart:kudi:

Sree
5th December 2009, 08:07 PM
great goin ...bold answers :kidilam::kidilam:..hats off sir

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 08:07 PM
one more Q

6. who introduced you to AR Rahman ? why did you choose him for Yodha ? (i think Roja was not released then..). how was your experience ?

thanks

Santosh introduced me to him. Unbelievable. Check out the yodha back ground score!

Krrish
5th December 2009, 08:09 PM

Thanx Sangeeth Sir for giving the clarification.... The Life of Yodha was the chemistry between Lalettan and Jagathy Sir... Cannot imagine a Yodha Sequel without Asokan and Appukuttan.....

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 08:10 PM
Hello Sir..:handshake: first of all, a big salute to the director of Yodha :salut:

Being the captain to some of the best family thrillers of 90s (like Daddy, Gandharvam, Nirnayam) and an award winning children's film Johny (I hope I am right...am I??), you had all the chances of becoming one among the most wanted directors of today's Malayalam film industry. Fortunately or unfortunately, you shifted your attention to Bollywood. And surprisingly, instead of thrillers, you received more acceptance for comedy flicks like KKHH (and apparently, I had some of my best hilarious moments ever with KKHH :grin:) and ASMM. So here goes my question..

Yodha was indeed a fresh, risky and challenging effort. But since the movie was made in a regional language, the span of appreciation, fame, opportunities and popularity were limited. But you got everything from Bollywood.. even though you couldn't deliver something like Yodha. So how do you feel..? Being both a filmmaker and a careerist, which one is better in your opinion..? To resist yourself in a regional language with cult films and becoming an uncrowned king there(with limited scope and opportunities) or to be satisfied as a run-of-the mill director in the Tinsel town getting more fame, popularity and remuneration..?

Well it is an interesting question.

In Bollywood I tried my hands at different genres but failed initially in all till I succeeded in comedy! I was quick to realize that in Bollywood success is the only key to success. So my idea is to make successful films, be it in any genre, consolidate my position and make films that appeal to me later or produce films with younger talents. Unfortunately, I don’t see such visions bearing fruit in Malayalam. So the shift and today am quite happy with the move. It was more a practical decision at that time and I loved the challenges it bought forth. Having to start from scratch in a new industry.

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 08:11 PM
Dear sir,

My question-

At a time we used to make fun of tamil cinema and we were proud about our cinema for the content in it. But nowadays scenario is getting reversed. I feel malayalam cinema is going down in both makers's and viewers' standards. Main thing is people are not getting good pictures with nice presentation which we saw in Yodha, Chitram and all once. For creating comedy nowadays writers are going for double meanings and buffooneries. People are forced to enjoy such movies only because they are not getting good films.

At the same time a bunch of talented directors moving to bollywood. Dont you think you people have a personal commitment to the language and the audience where you people got the name and fame? what made you to make such a decision? Is it for fame? Why are you not active in Malayalam?

For any creator to survive there needs to be appreciation. When that fails they are confused. That confusion makes for compromise. That is what is happening in Malayalam. People are trying to make stories that they think people will like as against making films that you like!

My decision to move was based on the fact that films I did not care much for was running and what I liked, wasn’t. At that point I thought I have lost judgement. Bollywood offered wider audiences and greater budgets at that time.

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 08:12 PM
My question:
VYUHAM is one of the best action thrillers in Mlalayalam.What made you cast Raghuvaran in the leading actor's role?He didn't have any market value in Mlayalam at that time...Do you think if you had casted anybody else, the movie would have done better? Did you approch anybody other than Raghuvaran for the titile role??

Well for my first film i was sure that I did not want Mohan Lal or Mamooty. Wanted to approach them after proving myself. So the search began. Was impressed with Raghu in Sathya and Anjali. Liked the diverse roles he played and knew that he would justify the role.

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 08:13 PM
Hello Sir..
Welcome to snehasallapam
We are really thrilled to have a talent like you here.
My Question.

What is your take on the younger generation of directors in malayalam film world?
Who is/are your favorite(s)?

Haven’t seen much of malayalam films to pass judgements. I loved some of Lal jose films as well as Blessey’s films

munshi02
5th December 2009, 08:14 PM
Well for my first film i was sure that I did not want Mohan Lal or Mamooty. Wanted to approach them after proving myself. So the search began. Was impressed with Raghu in Sathya and Anjali. Liked the diverse roles he played and knew that he would justify the role.
bold and honest answers

sangeeth sair :salut:

Kumbidi
5th December 2009, 08:14 PM
SS nu ithu abhimaanathinte nimishangal.... :salute: :salute:
Sangeet shivan sir :salute:

Sree
5th December 2009, 08:15 PM
Well for my first film i was sure that I did not want Mohan Lal or Mamooty. Wanted to approach them after proving myself.

:salut::salut::salut:

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 08:15 PM
1.On a scale of 1-10 where would you put yourself as a film maker?
2.You burst in to the Malayalam movie scene with quite a good movies,but slowly faded out and tried your luck in Bollywood. However I do not think that you did full justice to your potential.

3.Given a chance to alter one decision you made in your life so far,what would be your choice?

1. Mmmm … I let other people judge me. My assessment of myself is very low.

2. Am still trying

3. I wish I had known before hand that I was to be a film maker!

Pankajakshan
5th December 2009, 08:16 PM
Havenít seen much of malayalam films to pass judgements. I loved some of Lal jose films as well as Blesseyís films
:nallatha::nallatha:

double chankan
1. Mmmm Ö I let other people judge me. My assessment of myself is very low.

2. Am still trying

3. I wish I had known before hand that I was to be a film maker!

thnx a lot sir for the response..

Kumbidi
Havenít seen much of malayalam films to pass judgements. I loved some of Lal jose films as well as Blesseyís films

Pankajakshan
5th December 2009, 08:17 PM
SS nu ithu abhimaanathinte nimishangal.... :salute: :salute;
Sangeet shivan sir ;salute:

Saluteinu " e" vendada emoticonil..angane ittal salute adikilla :(

Krrish

:salut: :salut:

sevens

Sangeeth Sivan
Hi sir...

1) In all your films I have felt the process of editing plays an unusually important role. (In yodhaa, the arrival of Mohanlal's character to rescue Rimpoche interlaced with a ritual song, In Nirnayam, Lalu Alex's character's interrogation interlaced with Mohanlal's character's search for one handed man).Is it a conscious decision or are you just doing it for the completion of movie as a whole?
2) Are you planning for any Malayalam films in the future?
3) What do you feel about malayalam cinema as a whole at this juncture?

1. Well cross cutting does help in pacing and also gives an adrenalin rush to the audience. But it all depends on what the subject demands.

2. Not next year but if something inspiring comes across 2011

3. No comments. It is not for me to be judgemental. It is a ? for audiences to decide.

sevens
5th December 2009, 08:18 PM
great chat

munshi02
5th December 2009, 08:18 PM
1. [I][COLOR=red][FONT=&quot]Mmmm Ö I let other people judge me. My assessment of myself is very low.

we bow in front of you sir :salut:

Kumbidi
5th December 2009, 08:19 PM

Neravannam adichittundu.. :(

Sangeeth Sivan
5th December 2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks.

Bye all.

Pankajakshan
5th December 2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks.

Bye all.

Thanks a Lot SS for ur effort :salut:

sevens
5th December 2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks sangeeth shivan sir

admin
5th December 2009, 08:21 PM
With that we have got answers for all the question that were posted.

Thanks one and all for the co operation

Sree
Thanks.

Bye all.

thanks sir ...thanks for ur time :salut:

munshi02
Thanks.

Bye all.

good night sir ..and thanks a lot

Hari Kuttan
5th December 2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks.

Bye all.
Sir thanks a lot for your invaluable time..! :salute:

lalistheonlySuperStar
THANKS A LOT SANGEETH SIVAN SIR :ssrocks: :ssrocks:

admin
Thanks.

Bye all.

Dear Sangeet Sir,

It was an extremely enriching and thrilling experience for snehasallapam management to be able to interact with you and be the bridge between a director like you and a group of movie lovers.

Your answers answered a lot of curious questions of our members ranging from Yodha 2 to your eagerly anticipated come back. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the valuable time that you spend for an online community like ours.
It will be a proud moment in the history of www.snehasallapam.com (http://www.snehasallapam.com/) and we will cherish this interaction in our memoirs.

Thank you sir

Team Snehasallapam.com

Tony
5th December 2009, 08:23 PM
1. Would love to work with Lal sir anyday! But the film need to be something very special for both him and me.

2. Not thinking of sequels at all.

3. Easier than doing an original, I guess

4. Better budgets, wider reach

5. Some times but not for all films. It is the same with him as welll. During meetings we do discuss basic ideas of the concepts we are working on.

:kayyadi::kayyadi:

lalistheonlySuperStar
5th December 2009, 08:23 PM
Dear Sangeet Sir,

It was an extremely enriching and thrilling experience for snehasallapam management to be able to interact with you and be the bridge between a director like you and a group of movie lovers.

Your answers answered a lot of curious questions of our members ranging from Yodha 2 to your eagerly anticipated come back. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the valuable time that you spend for an online community like ours.
It will be a proud moment in the history of www.snehasallapam.com (http://www.snehasallapam.com/) and we will cherish this interaction in our memoirs.

Thank you sir

Team Snehasallapam.com

:kayyadi: :kayyadi:

Hari Kuttan
5th December 2009, 08:24 PM
:salute: => dhe vannallo

; aanu adichathu :warrior:

Antony Moses
Thanks.

Bye all.
Amazing sir were all the replies... Just like Yodha... crisp, bold, different and yet to the point!! :salute:

We are humbled truly by your presence in the last 1 hour or so... !!

Thanks to Munshi annan again for facilitating this scoop for our community!! :ssrocks:

Tony
Thanks a lot for your answers... in one look all are bold and straight forward... enjoyed the whole session with you...

Thanks once again.

admin
5th December 2009, 08:27 PM
Dear Members,

This session would have been impossible with out the efforts of our senior member Munshi. It was his tireless efforts that gave us this opportunity.

I am rewarding him with rep points symbolically, but his efforts are much more than that.

:salute:

Krrish
5th December 2009, 08:29 PM
Thanx Sangeeth Sir for taking time out of your busy schedule and attending this chat...... :ssrocks:

Tony
Dear Members,

This session would have been impossible with out the efforts of our senior member Munshi. It was his tireless efforts that gave us this opportunity.

I am rewarding him with rep points symbolically, but his efforts are much more than that.

:kayyadi::kayyadi:

Krrish
Thanx to munshi annan as well...... U Rock Munshi Anna......... :rockit: :salut:

Hari Kuttan
5th December 2009, 08:30 PM
munshi annan ee foruthinte keda vilakku :salute: 8-[

admin
5th December 2009, 08:32 PM
Not to forget the tremendous efforts Tony is putting in.

He too deserves a pat on the back

lalistheonlySuperStar
5th December 2009, 08:32 PM
MUNSHI :cheers: :cheers:

TONY :cheers: :cheers:

Nick Nack
5th December 2009, 08:34 PM
Really great replies from Sangeeth Sivan... enjoyed reading each and every word...

Thanx a lot to Munshi annan and Tony annan for organizing this ... really appreciate it guys... expecting more such SS chats

Pankajakshan
Good work Munshi and Tony machans.. U guys rock !!

munshi02
thaks admin and ss friends .. anything for our SS :salut:

Tony
5th December 2009, 08:35 PM
thanks admin... n thanks everyone...

Pankajakshan
5th December 2009, 08:35 PM

Antony Moses
5th December 2009, 08:36 PM
Sangeet Sivan :salute:
SS :cheers:
Munshi annan :thanks:
Tonyannan :thanks:

Sree
5th December 2009, 08:37 PM

kick on the back tony :salute:

Bean
5th December 2009, 08:38 PM
Thanx a lot Sagith Shivan for spending some of your valuable time with us here and for your forthright ans sincere answers and no-nonsense approach..
Thanx Lot to Munshi, as well for making this happen..

Munshi..:salut:

:ssrocks:

Hari Kuttan
5th December 2009, 08:41 PM

tony annanu thanks paranhu maduthu.. :poda:
Underrated genius anshi munnan :salute:

(Tony ananum :salute:)

Fontu
5th December 2009, 08:49 PM
Thank you very much Sangeeth Sir..
and once again thanks to Munshi annan, admin and Tony..

kuttoos
5th December 2009, 08:50 PM
thanks Sangeeth Sir
thanks munshi vellam

Chakochi
5th December 2009, 09:08 PM
Thank u Sir...

Nick Nack
5th December 2009, 09:08 PM
Veendum vayichu... sharikkum super answers... Ingane open aayittu pala karyangallum thorannu parayum ennu njan orikkallum pradeekshichilla...

Saroj Kumar
5th December 2009, 09:12 PM
A gem for us!!! Thank you so much Sangeeth Sivan Sir and the people who made is possible Munshi annan and Tony :salute: :salute: :salute:

Sootran
5th December 2009, 09:15 PM
Thank You Sangeeth Sir.

Hari Kuttan
5th December 2009, 09:16 PM
A gem for us!!! Thank you so much Sangeeth Sivan Sir and the people who made is possible Munshi annan and Tony :salute: :salute: :salute:
naaduvazhikalude pazhassiraja ethippoy:gdance:

Antony Moses
5th December 2009, 09:18 PM
Updated Celebrity chat thread with the transcript of full interview

Accessible here ---> SnehaSallapam with Celebrities - Sangeeth Sivan - Yodha 2 rumour dispelled!! Page 2! - Page 2 - Snehasallapam (http://www.snehasallapam.com/malayalam-movie-discussions/476-snehasallapam-celebrities-sangeeth-sivan-yodha-2-rumour-dispelled-page-2-a-2.html#post260825)

Hari Kuttan
5th December 2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks mod diggz, great job..! :salute:

zooshtray
5th December 2009, 09:24 PM
Very Candid replies!!!
Thnk u Sir

Gr8 work all!!!

Waterloo
5th December 2009, 10:00 PM
1. Difficult question. There is no one such film but definitely the influence of a great many films cumulatively. Whilst growing up, used to be a great fan of Sethumadhavan sir, Vincent Sir, Bharathan sir and then Padmarajan sir. These people along with my Dad are the influences that pushed me into films though entering films was never my priority in the beginning.

2. Newer idea and fresher talents should be encouraged and more than that the hunger to do something new should be present in the younger generation of film makers.

3. Just a novel would not suffice. Someone has to present me with a great screenplay. A good book does not translate into a good film automatically.

Thanks a lot sanjeeth- ji :salut::salut::thanks:

Munshi:thanks:
Tony:thanks:
admin & others:thanks:

~Saji~
5th December 2009, 10:11 PM
1. We had an absolutely normal childhood. All of us did the things most kids used to do those days. My dad never compelled us to do anythings specific. He let us discover for ourselves what we wanted. Films was never a career option in my mind it just happened.

Thanks dear Sangeetha Sivan. thanks for your valuable time and effort..

The first quwstion , I was curious...It is a challenge for any parents ( or anyone) to know how to inspire children. how to show them what they really are. :cheers:

Second answer was something for a good discussion....The movies you like and the movies viewers accepted...a debate never ends, I think..

Thanks and all the best for your future pojects :cheers:

~Saji~
5th December 2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks Munshi, Tony, Admin and all others who are a part of this amazing process.:salut:

~~Meesha Madhavan~~
5th December 2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks a lot Sangeeth Shivan..

Great initiative by Munshi and Tony :salute:

Vascodagama
5th December 2009, 10:17 PM
thanks ss team and sangget sivan,,,

Mahi
5th December 2009, 10:19 PM
sangeeth sivane ss parijayapeduthiyathu aranennu ariyumo?

viju
5th December 2009, 10:19 PM
My heartfelt congrats to Munshi annan and Tony achayan... It was a real yummy treat.. Sangeeth Sir gave 'real' answers and not the typical filmy answers. Hats off to you sir.. please come back with a malayalam movie,,,, preferrably with Lalettan...

lodestar
5th December 2009, 10:21 PM
Thank u sir for ur time

~Saji~
5th December 2009, 10:21 PM
Yodhaa-2 wow.......pakshe lalettante prayam okke kanakkileduthu venam e nnu mathram..

kuttoos
5th December 2009, 10:22 PM
Yodhaa-2 wow.......pakshe lalettante prayam okke kanakkileduthu venam e nnu mathram..
athillennalle parnajathu
peruchazhikalde peru kalayum :bore:

Hari Kuttan
5th December 2009, 10:23 PM
ee peruchazhiye arelum thalli kollade:chairhit:

~Saji~
5th December 2009, 10:25 PM
athillennalle parnajathu
peruchazhikalde peru kalayum :bore:

njaan vaayichu...pakshe second vari vaayichappol chilappol cheythekkaam ennoru thonnal undaayi...ente englishinte prasnamaakum..:kick:

kuttoos
5th December 2009, 10:28 PM
ee peruchazhiye arelum thalli kollade:chairhit:
da da da:yudham:

kuttoos
5th December 2009, 10:29 PM
njaan vaayichu...pakshe second vari vaayichappol chilappol cheythekkaam ennoru thonnal undaayi...ente englishinte prasnamaakum..:kick:
kappa thottam ennu karuthy karimbin thottathu kayariya peruchazhi:deshyam:

CiD DaSaN
5th December 2009, 10:34 PM
Sangeeth Sivan :salute::salute: Thanks for your valuable time !

Munshi , Tony :salute::salute:

SS :ssrocks:

Peruchaazhikal :rockit:

Hari Kuttan
5th December 2009, 10:36 PM
Peruchaazhikal :rockit:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

gujav
5th December 2009, 10:41 PM
Whoa!! dat was kewl..
Thanks Sangeeth Sir for your time... :salut: :salut:
Thank you SS Rocks!!

Tony
5th December 2009, 11:54 PM

Yodha 2 is not there... thats what he said:stylish:

~Saji~
6th December 2009, 03:25 AM
sangeeth sivane ss parijayapeduthiyathu aranennu ariyumo?

araa??????????

sertzui
6th December 2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks admin and all involved in this good thread.

sertzui
6th December 2009, 05:05 AM
Tony - What is the exclusive news ? I read through the whole and understood there is NO exclusive news but there is an exclusive denial of the YODHA story.

Did I miss anything ? Please advise. Thanks

double chankan
6th December 2009, 07:42 AM
Tony - What is the exclusive news ? I read through the whole and understood there is NO exclusive news but there is an exclusive denial of the YODHA story.

Did I miss anything ? Please advise. Thanks

athu tanne exclusive.. and his planned come back

Ali Imran
6th December 2009, 11:58 AM
kidilam interview
:ssrocks:

kiroo
6th December 2009, 12:13 PM
:salut: thanks sangeeth ji...!!! for coming here and answering...!!!!!!!:salut:

Invalid_user
6th December 2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks sangeeth sir :cheers:
Thanks munshi annan & tony annan :cheers:

Freddy
6th December 2009, 05:02 PM
thanks sangeeth sir
thanks to all :ssrocks::ssrocks:

Mahi
6th December 2009, 10:01 PM
araa??????????

ALLA, ARA ENNU ARIYUMONNU, ENIKARIYILLA :grin:

~Saji~
6th December 2009, 11:49 PM
ALLA, ARA ENNU ARIYUMONNU, ENIKARIYILLA :grin:

Ninakkariyillaa ennu urappaanallo...enkil njaan parayaam.....:|

munshi02
28th January 2010, 10:58 PM
CLICK releases on feb 19th. It is my first attempt at horror and i would want your valuable inputs on the promotions when they get aired from the first of feb. I personally loved the songs in the film and would like to know your thoughts on it as well. All comments are welcome and please feel free to post your thoughts. Thanks for being there,
Yours truly,

sangeeth sivan

Nick Nack
28th January 2010, 11:02 PM
CLICK releases on feb 19th. It is my first attempt at horror and i would want your valuable inputs on the promotions when they get aired from the first of feb. I personally loved the songs in the film and would like to know your thoughts on it as well. All comments are welcome and please feel free to post your thoughts. Thanks for being there,
Yours truly,

sangeeth sivan

Munshi annan :munshi: alloru chinna pulli annallo... anna idhinde trailor evideya??

Hari Kuttan
28th January 2010, 11:07 PM
Munshi annan :munshi: alloru chinna pulli annallo... anna idhinde trailor evideya??

Munshi Annan :salute:

feb 1st ennu paranjitundallo :roll:

kuttoos
28th January 2010, 11:08 PM
munshi annanum sangeeth sivan-m eppol bhai bhai:punk:

adutha padathil oru full length role undu munshi annanu...:sun:

Hari Kuttan
28th January 2010, 11:10 PM
Feb 14thnu mnik ondu .. Endinaanavo 19thnu rls cheyyunne :oops:

all the best 4 da movie..! :clap:

Sree
28th January 2010, 11:10 PM

appo aduthathum horror aanaa :roll:

Sree
28th January 2010, 11:11 PM
Feb 14thnu mnik ondu .. Endinaanavo 19thnu rls cheyyunne :oops:

all the best 4 da movie..! :clap:

14th sunday alle?

kuttoos
28th January 2010, 11:11 PM
appo aduthathum horror aanaa :roll:
ayirikkum allel pinne munshi annan engane
iny mandanmar london-l ennathinte remake ano :unsure: (oru goal smell cheyyunnu:kanneer:)

Hari Kuttan
28th January 2010, 11:12 PM
munshi annanum sangeeth sivan-m eppol bhai bhai:punk:

Villian role Abel Annan kidukkim.. Sholayku shesham India Kanda mikacha villian :drunk:

munshi02
28th January 2010, 11:16 PM
areela 19th ennu paranju

Hari Kuttan
28th January 2010, 11:19 PM
areela 19th ennu paranju

Thanks for da exclusive news Anna.. :hurray:

munshi Annan :gdance:

munshi02
28th January 2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for da exclusive news Anna.. :hurray:

munshi Annan :gdance: