PDA

View Full Version : Newyork: My review

double chankan
30th June 2009, 08:53 AM
Theatre: TVM Anjali , 28th June

I am a big fan of the looks of John and Kat.
RNBDJ kanan poyappozho matto aanu Newyorkinde trailor aadyam kanunnath, anne urappichathanu padam kananam ennu..

Junoon song TVyil kandappol double sure aaki..

Story: The movie tells the story of 3 friends at college, Maya, Sameer Sheik and Omar who studies in a college in US and how 9/11 changes their lives for ever.

Maya and Sameer are more americans than Indians, while Omar(Neil) is a Indian student who comes to US of A for his Masters.

The movie mainly is being narrated in Flashback mode

Going further in to story would be me playing a spoil sport,and hence refraining from it.

Irfan Khan plays Roshan, a Indian Muslim (pretty significant for the movie) who is a FBI officer.

The movie is the first from Yashraj that i have seen with out most of the Bollywood masalas.
To a large extent it brings out the cruelties the FBI had inflicted on millions after 9/11 and then let them off. But most of them could not return to their normal lives, and a terrorist is born.

But by the end, the script balances it out, bringing out the positives in the US culture and establishing strongly that Terrorism has absolutely no justification

Performances: All three lead characters and Irfan has played their part pretty well. And with 3 dashing people on screen it is a joy just to watch.

Script and Direction: COuld have been crisper and to the point at certain parts, but given the theme and the message it conveys, I ll give it a thumbsup.

Verdict: BO verdict i am not quite sure, because the movie is far more serious than its promos bring out. And expectation of people could be different.

munshi02
30th June 2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks a lot chankan ..kallu shap veno katrina veno ennula chodythinu kallu shap upekshichu katrinade padathinu poya DC

Robert Langdon
30th June 2009, 08:58 AM
Thanx DC anna

double chankan
30th June 2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks a lot chankan ..kallu shap veno katrina veno ennula chodythinu kallu shap upekshichu katrinade padathinu poya DC

kallu pinnem kudikkam...

katrinade padam mangalore kananel 150 kodukanam...:viyarppu:

but company kittiyal njan onnoode kanum.. :inlove:

Tony
30th June 2009, 09:02 AM
thanks...

edaa padam porennanallo Raja Sen paranjath...

Tony
30th June 2009, 09:03 AM

kallinu pakaram valla whiskyo rum'o offer cheythirunnel lavan vannene... avan pothuve kallu prefer cheyyarilla...:dance:

Kumbidi
30th June 2009, 09:10 AM
THanks machu....

gujav
30th June 2009, 09:13 AM

:haha::haha::haha:

Thanks chanka...

Kuttisrank
30th June 2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks double chankan

Sree
30th June 2009, 09:25 AM
thanks da .....yashraj vallappozhum ingane diff padam edukkunnathu nallatha...:coolguy:

Transporter
30th June 2009, 09:35 AM
thanks double chankan

praveenshankar
30th June 2009, 09:40 AM
thanks chankan.

Kishan
30th June 2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks double chankan

Arjun
30th June 2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks Chankaaa ....
Ithu kananam ennunduu ...

Saroj Kumar
30th June 2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks macha. Ee padam thottadutha theateril undu, Pono vendayo enna confusionilaakkiyallo. Sharayude review kandappol pondennu karuthiyatha.

Cooldude
30th June 2009, 10:16 AM
Thanx DC for your views

ITV
30th June 2009, 10:42 AM
thanks for the review

Fontu
30th June 2009, 11:21 AM
thanks DC...

double chankan
30th June 2009, 11:38 AM
thanks...

edaa padam porennanallo Raja Sen paranjath...
just read the 1/5 rediff review..

thats too cruel.....

kiroo
30th June 2009, 12:01 PM
thnks dc............

~~Meesha Madhavan~~
30th June 2009, 09:50 PM
Theatre: TVM Anjali , 28th June

I am a big fan of the looks of John and Kat.
RNBDJ kanan poyappozho matto aanu Newyorkinde trailor aadyam kanunnath, anne urappichathanu padam kananam ennu..

Junoon song TVyil kandappol double sure aaki..

Story: The movie tells the story of 3 friends at college, Maya, Sameer Sheik and Omar who studies in a college in US and how 9/11 changes their lives for ever.

Maya and Sameer are more americans than Indians, while Omar(Neil) is a Indian student who comes to US of A for his Masters.

The movie mainly is being narrated in Flashback mode

Going further in to story would be me playing a spoil sport,and hence refraining from it.

Irfan Khan plays Roshan, a Indian Muslim (pretty significant for the movie) who is a FBI officer.

The movie is the first from Yashraj that i have seen with out most of the Bollywood masalas.
To a large extent it brings out the cruelties the FBI had inflicted on millions after 9/11 and then let them off. But most of them could not return to their normal lives, and a terrorist is born.

But by the end, the script balances it out, bringing out the positives in the US culture and establishing strongly that Terrorism has absolutely no justification

Performances: All three lead characters and Irfan has played their part pretty well. And with 3 dashing people on screen it is a joy just to watch.

Script and Direction: COuld have been crisper and to the point at certain parts, but given the theme and the message it conveys, I ll give it a thumbsup.

Verdict: BO verdict i am not quite sure, because the movie is far more serious than its promos bring out. And expectation of people could be different.

Thanks Chankan...Njanum kure naalukalkku mumbu ithinte trailor kandirunnu....Singh is King kandappol aanennu thonnunnu...or RNBDJ aano:alochana:

Mr.Lonely
30th June 2009, 09:51 PM
thanks DC