PDA

View Full Version : Hrithik Roshan's KITES Review: DINO'S TAKE!!!

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 01:53 PM
Theater: CBE Carnatic
Show: FDFS

Foreword
Had mentioned in my MNIK review thread that the trailer of Kites does not look impressive. Still the sole reason I decided to watch the movie is that it's been a while I watched one of my favorite actors on screen! It served me right that I kept my expectations low.

Review
Not much of a review is required here one feels, as it is not a movie that one need to write or analyse about much. It is a good old Bollywood love story in a new international wrapper! Two losers in life, looking for a quick buck played by Hrithik Roshan and Barbara Mori. But, when they have the world at their feet, they realize it's love and not money that they have been looking for, all their life. Both have been scorned of love thanks to a troublesome past, and when they find love between themselves, trouble follows them again! Will the lovers unite or will their troubles catch up with them? To know more, head to a theater near you with minimal expectations, and chances are, you won't be that disappointed. But if you are looking for mindblowing cinema, this is not it. Given all its shortcomings, Kites as its title suggests, soars high in an engaging first half, indulges, and then comes back crashing to earth slowly but surely in the second half, and by the time the inevitable climax arrives, the crash is complete...literally!

Anurag Basu's Gangster was a good movie, and he shows good command of the medium here. This age old story is made engaging due to 3 factors, the fantastic chemistry between the lead pair, good cinematography, and Mr. Basu's engaging direction...if only, he had got a better script to work on. He has succeeded in adding an international flavor to the film, thanks to the excellent production values and a fabulous cameraman in Ayananka Bose. The music could have been better, but strangely one really does not feel the need for songs here though it is a love story! Salim Sulaiman's BGM is perfect.

In the acting department, Hrithik Roshan as usual takes the honors. The 5-min dance scene in the beginning of the film is worth half the admission fee! The emotional scenes also are handled with aplomb by the best actor of his generation! He is one reason I wanted to watch Kites, and he does not disappoint here.

Barbara Mori oozes sex appeal, but the most important feature I liked in her is what I consider the most important feature in a woman, her smile!!! At places, she looks aged and others gorgeous, but her acting is good enough. Others in the cast including Kangana Ranaut has not got much to do with the script focussing mainly on the lead pair.

Technically the film is a class apart, and will stand its test amidst the international audience...but the script for such an endeavor could have been worked on better, one feels.

All said and done, Kites is a good one-time watch for Hrithik Roshan and Barbara Mori, if not for anything else...definitely a cut above the run of mill Bollywood cinema!

DINO'S TAKE: Keep ur expectations low and enjoy the love story with all its inadequacies, and chances are you'll find it an okay one-time watch!

My rating for Anurag Basu's Kites is 6.5/10....

Saroj Kumar
21st May 2010, 01:59 PM
Barbara Mori oozes sex appeal, but the most important feature I liked in her is what I consider the most important feature in a woman, her smile!!! At places, she looks aged and others gorgeous, but her acting is good enough
Perfect review anna. Annante review pole thanneyaanu enteyum. Barbara Moriye kurichu paranjathu 101% correct. Enikkum ithu thonniyirunnu. Seems that our taste is similar.:warrior:

KasinathaN
21st May 2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks Dino anna

ITV
21st May 2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks DINO

Antony Moses
21st May 2010, 02:01 PM
:flower:

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 02:03 PM
Perfect review anna. Annante review pole thanneyaanu enteyum. Barbara Moriye kurichu paranjathu 101% correct. Enikkum ithu thonniyirunnu. Seems that our taste is similar.:warrior:
wc n thanx for ur rep points bhai...yeah, chirikkumbo oru prathyekatha, athu chila penkuttikalkkeyullooo:punk:....those upper dentures r killing me...!:happy: and the added bonus was that she was not just another foreigner bimbo, but a good solid actress too!

Krrish
21st May 2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks Dino annans.... Aake motham average reviewsinte bahalam...

SURU BHAI
21st May 2010, 02:04 PM
thanks machaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bean
21st May 2010, 02:05 PM
Thanx DINO
Pokkiri avide alle odikkondirunnathu , ithra pettennu thericho..?

Saroj Kumar
21st May 2010, 02:07 PM
wc n thanx for ur rep points bhai...yeah, chirikkumbo oru prathyekatha, athu chila penkuttikalkkeyullooo:punk:....those upper dentures r killing me...!:happy: and the added bonus was that she was not just another foreigner bimbo, but a good solid actress too!
Yeah, sathyam. Avarkkiniyum opportunities bollywoodil kittum.

double chankan
21st May 2010, 02:09 PM
thnx dino bhai... review pinne vayikkam..

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 02:11 PM
Thanx DINO
Pokkiri avide alle odikkondirunnathu , ithra pettennu thericho..?
wc beanbhai...yeah pokkiri is out of carnatic...thank God for small mercies ennalle:angel:

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 02:12 PM
wc param, itv, krrish, dc, n others...

krrish, u can watch it definitely, it's not bad cinema, tho not great either, and hrithik can be proud of his work in this film as shud any fan of his!

Krrish
21st May 2010, 02:16 PM
krrish, u can watch it definitely, it's not bad cinema, tho not great either, and hrithik can be proud of his work in this film as shud any fan of his!

Thanks Dino bhai.... Njan withinu 2-3 days kandirikkum... Multiplexil poyi kaananam ennanu ente agraham....

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks Dino bhai.... Njan withinu 2-3 days kandirikkum... Multiplexil poyi kaananam ennanu ente agraham....
:nallatha::nallatha::nallatha:

critic
21st May 2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks .Superb Review, Dino. As always, I feel reading your review that we think alike majority of the times :)

dubaikaaran
21st May 2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks Dino..nice review..

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks .Superb Review, Dino. As always, I feel reading your review that we think alike majority of the times :)
:nallatha::nallatha::nallatha:

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 02:41 PM
wc dubaaikaaran...thanks for ur compliment

Freddy
21st May 2010, 02:46 PM
THANKS DINO SIR :stylish:

Nandagopan
21st May 2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks DINO

PARAMU
21st May 2010, 03:33 PM
thanks dion...in

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 03:50 PM
wc sam, pkm, n paramu...

Ambili
21st May 2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks Dino! :good:

Enikku Hrithikine ishtamalla, enkilum inno naaleyo padam kaanuvaan poyekkum!

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks Dino! :good:

Enikku Hrithikine ishtamalla, enkilum inno naaleyo padam kaanuvaan poyekkum!
wc...

:warrior:aadhyamaayittu ee genussil petta oraale kandumutti!

Krrish
21st May 2010, 04:13 PM
wc...

Njanum... :kudi:

Pankajakshan
21st May 2010, 04:24 PM
Good review as usual... Mite watch it for HR :)

Ambili
21st May 2010, 04:24 PM
wc...

Njanum... :kudi:

Therinjathu kayyalavu ....

kiroo
21st May 2010, 04:26 PM
thanks dino anna..!!
enthaayalum njanum kaanan irikkukaya..!!!

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 04:31 PM
in this case, it shud be very easily the opposite!

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 04:31 PM
wc kiran n panks, yeah, everybody can/is watchin it for hrithik it looks like, ryt ambili?!:winking:

Stephen Ronald
21st May 2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks Dino, pattumenkil naale kaananam.

Krrish
21st May 2010, 04:48 PM

theriyathathum kayyalavu... :yudham:

Fontu
21st May 2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks Dino anna..ellavrum 6-6.5 rangel thanne analo..!!

Krrish
21st May 2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks Dino anna..ellavrum 6-6.5 rangel thanne analo..!!

D:2nu ithilum mosham aayirunnu avastha... ith ath pole rakshapedumo enn kandariyaam....

Fontu
21st May 2010, 05:25 PM
D:2nu ithilum mosham aayirunnu avastha... ith ath pole rakshapedumo enn kandariyaam....
D2le athrayum skin show ithilundo..?okke foreign versionil alle..?:emo:

Krrish
21st May 2010, 05:29 PM
D2le athrayum skin show ithilundo..?okke foreign versionil alle..?:emo:

Foreign version aayirikkum kidilan enn thonnunnu...

Fontu
21st May 2010, 05:32 PM
Foreign version aayirikkum kidilan enn thonnunnu...
Hmm..reviewsil okke angane thanneya kanunne..!! But below 90mts alle..!!:sadwalk:

Krrish
21st May 2010, 05:33 PM
Hmm..reviewsil okke angane thanneya kanunne..!! Buit below 90mts alle..!!:sadwalk:

Hindi Version 120 mts and English version 90 mts ennanu kettathu

Ambili
21st May 2010, 05:40 PM
enikku ishtalla, ishtalla ishtalla! :warrior::warrior: :idi::idi::idi:

Krrish
21st May 2010, 05:42 PM

enikku ishtaanu,ishtaanu,ishtaanu... :Yahoo::Yahoo:

Fontu
21st May 2010, 05:43 PM
Enthu..?vicharicha athra onnum illannu ketapo ano..??:wub:

Krrish
21st May 2010, 05:43 PM

hrithikine ishtam alla ennu..

double chankan
21st May 2010, 05:46 PM
Dino bhai..

naale naatilek varunno?? TLY G2G und... :P

Fontu
21st May 2010, 05:46 PM
hrithikine ishtam alla ennu..
oho..!! kuzhappam illa..!!
Nammudeyellaam raktham maravippikkanayi oru item varunnundallo..!! :kudi:
Vanna divasam thanne as usual..ee RGV padavum pottum..ketto Mrs Ambili..=))

EmmeS
21st May 2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks DINO :smile:

~~Meesha Madhavan~~
21st May 2010, 05:50 PM
Thank you Dino

~~Meesha Madhavan~~
21st May 2010, 05:51 PM

:warrior: :warrior: :warrior:

:idi: :idi: :idi:

Hrithik :kayyadi: :kayyadi:

Krrish
21st May 2010, 05:51 PM

:valiya_chiri::valiya_chiri:

Ambili
21st May 2010, 06:57 PM
enikku ishtaanu,ishtaanu,ishtaanu... :Yahoo::Yahoo:
Ho konjanam kuthunna emote illa!

???

???

:warrior: :warrior: :warrior:

:idi: :idi: :idi:

Hrithik :kayyadi: :kayyadi:
u tooo meeshaaa :venda:

:venda:

Fontu
21st May 2010, 08:53 PM
???
???

Raktha charitham..!!:pottan: :pottan: :pottan:

naran
21st May 2010, 08:56 PM
yeah anna....barabaraaa.....smile spaar..thnkss

Mallik Bhai
21st May 2010, 09:23 PM
wc all, and thanks Indian for the reps...

@ambili:biggrin:

@fontu, nee mummy n me poyikkaanumenn vijaarichu...poyilla alle...

Mr.Lonely
21st May 2010, 10:03 PM
thanks Dino

AYYAPPADAS
21st May 2010, 10:04 PM
Theater: CBE Carnatic
Show: FDFS

Foreword
Had mentioned in my MNIK review thread that the trailer of Kites does not look impressive. Still the sole reason I decided to watch the movie is that it's been a while I watched one of my favorite actors on screen! It served me right that I kept my expectations low.

Review
Not much of a review is required here one feels, as it is not a movie that one need to write or analyse about much. It is a good old Bollywood love story in a new international wrapper! Two losers in life, looking for a quick buck played by Hrithik Roshan and Barbara Mori. But, when they have the world at their feet, they realize it's love and not money that they have been looking for, all their life. Both have been scorned of love thanks to a troublesome past, and when they find love between themselves, trouble follows them again! Will the lovers unite or will their troubles catch up with them? To know more, head to a theater near you with minimal expectations, and chances are, you won't be that disappointed. But if you are looking for mindblowing cinema, this is not it. Given all its shortcomings, Kites as its title suggests, soars high in an engaging first half, indulges, and then comes back crashing to earth slowly but surely in the second half, and by the time the inevitable climax arrives, the crash is complete...literally!

Anurag Basu's Gangster was a good movie, and he shows good command of the medium here. This age old story is made engaging due to 3 factors, the fantastic chemistry between the lead pair, good cinematography, and Mr. Basu's engaging direction...if only, he had got a better script to work on. He has succeeded in adding an international flavor to the film, thanks to the excellent production values and a fabulous cameraman in Ayananka Bose. The music could have been better, but strangely one really does not feel the need for songs here though it is a love story! Salim Sulaiman's BGM is perfect.

In the acting department, Hrithik Roshan as usual takes the honors. The 5-min dance scene in the beginning of the film is worth half the admission fee! The emotional scenes also are handled with aplomb by the best actor of his generation! He is one reason I wanted to watch Kites, and he does not disappoint here.

Barbara Mori oozes sex appeal, but the most important feature I liked in her is what I consider the most important feature in a woman, her smile!!! At places, she looks aged and others gorgeous, but her acting is good enough. Others in the cast including Kangana Ranaut has not got much to do with the script focussing mainly on the lead pair.

Technically the film is a class apart, and will stand its test amidst the international audience...but the script for such an endeavor could have been worked on better, one feels.

All said and done, Kites is a good one-time watch for Hrithik Roshan and Barbara Mori, if not for anything else...definitely a cut above the run of mill Bollywood cinema!

DINO'S TAKE: Keep ur expectations low and enjoy the love story with all its inadequacies, and chances are you'll find it an okay one-time watch!

My rating for Anurag Basu's Kites is 6.5/10....
GOOD REVIEW ANNA

~~Meesha Madhavan~~
21st May 2010, 10:13 PM

???

???

u tooo meeshaaa :venda:

:venda:

inna konjanam kuthunna emote --> :parihasam: :parihasam:

mee to a Hrithik fan :cheers:

saharapookal
21st May 2010, 10:21 PM

mee to a Hrithik fan :cheers:

:njam_njam::njam_njam::njam_njam::njam_njam::njam_ njam:

Vinu
22nd May 2010, 01:10 AM
thanx bhai..grt review as always

munshi02
22nd May 2010, 01:55 AM
hehe chathiyan dinosaur anna thanks

~Saji~
22nd May 2010, 02:47 AM
roshan chettanu vendi poyi kaanano??

Fontu
22nd May 2010, 06:26 AM
wc all, and thanks Indian for the reps...

@ambili:biggrin:

@fontu, nee mummy n me poyikkaanumenn vijaarichu...poyilla alle...
Mazha...!!
Pinne ivide show 12.20 okke kazhiyum..!!vann bore adi aanu.!!
Pinne paavam Mohanlal..!!jeevichupokootte ennu vicharichu..!! Ethra thavanaya njan ayittu thanne pani kodukkuka..!Janakan, AJ..!!:nirtheda::nirtheda:
@innale njan ee padam kandilla enna karanam kondu oruthan enikku +ve reps polum thannu..!!:kudiyans::kudiyans::kudiyans:

Mallik Bhai
22nd May 2010, 07:10 AM
@innale njan ee padam kandilla enna karanam kondu oruthan enikku +ve reps polum thannu..!!:kudiyans::kudiyans::kudiyans:
:rollonfloor::rollonfloor::rollonfloor: vishwaasam....athalle ellaam....!:rollonfloor:

Mallik Bhai
22nd May 2010, 07:12 AM
wc lonely, ayappadas, mushni, n vishnu...
@saji, definitely for hrithik:clapping:

Fontu
22nd May 2010, 07:16 AM
:rollonfloor::rollonfloor::rollonfloor: vishwaasam....athalle ellaam....!:rollonfloor:
Ellavarkkum ipo ennilulla vishwaasam koodi koddi varunnu..!!:pavam: :pavam: bhagyavanile Sreenivasane pole arum kidnap cheyyathe irunnal mathi..!!:nocomments: 100% success ratioyil poya Sathyan Anthikadine vare njan pidichu ketti..:emo:

Vascodagama
22nd May 2010, 07:37 AM
thanks dinozzz

Ambili
22nd May 2010, 04:20 PM
:parihasam: :parihasam: :parihasam:

:parihasam: :parihasam: :parihasam:

Raktha charitham..!!:pottan: :pottan: :pottan:
"podaaa patti" ennu ninne vilichaal enne ivaru ban cheyyumo ??

mee to a Hrithik fan :cheers::parihasam: :parihasam: :parihasam: :parihasam:

cinebuff
22nd May 2010, 04:54 PM
Thnx Dino Bhai....

Maharajav
23rd May 2010, 12:50 PM
thanks dinoser....nice review....:good:

double chankan
24th May 2010, 04:46 PM
The 5-min dance scene in the beginning of the film is worth half the admission fee!

wasted the other half....!!!

Mallik Bhai
24th May 2010, 08:21 PM
wc gama, buff, mahajav...

Mallik Bhai
24th May 2010, 08:21 PM
wasted the other half....!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

Eazy Jozy
24th May 2010, 08:30 PM
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ekmil nalla thirakundu innu matineekku shenoys huge crowd

Mallik Bhai
24th May 2010, 08:35 PM
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ekmil nalla thirakundu innu matineekku shenoys huge crowd
wc...

eh!:alochana:kaaryamilla...padam veena mattaanu...:viyarppu:

Ambili
29th May 2010, 02:17 PM
wc...

eh!:alochana:kaaryamilla...padam veena mattaanu...:viyarppu:

appo ente janussil pettavar vereyum undu :hum:

Krrish
29th May 2010, 02:33 PM

Oho Angane aanalle karyangal.... Thanks for the info... :kidu:

Mallik Bhai
29th May 2010, 10:08 PM
apaara buddhiyaanallo...appo lalettante oru padam veenaal athinte artham lalettane ishtappedaathavarude ennakkooduthal kondaanennaanu alle, allaathe padam moshamaayathukondalla...:suicide:! eeyideyaayi nalla formilaanallo, aa thala adhikam veyilu kollikkaruth kettaaaa:kudi:

eyemax
30th May 2010, 11:04 AM
thanx......................

Shyam
30th May 2010, 11:06 AM
thanxxxxxxxxxxx...............

double chankan
30th May 2010, 11:45 AM
Kaho Na Pyaar Hein kanan oru mood...

Mallik Bhai
30th May 2010, 11:49 AM
:flower:...dream debut ennokke parayunnath ithinaanu...instant craze nationwide!:vedi:

Mallik Bhai
30th May 2010, 11:50 AM
wc eyemax n shyam..

double chankan
30th May 2010, 11:51 AM
:flower:...dream debut ennokke parayunnath ithinaanu...instant craze nationwide!:vedi:

ekm kavithayil aadyam release aayi one week kond pack up aai..

padam national hit aayappo pinnem release cheythu,. grand run...

enda dance.. and that pair brought in a very good freshness feel..

Krrish
30th May 2010, 11:52 AM

:kudi::kudi:

Sathyam!!! Enth aayirunnu aa samayath oru craze... :kidilam:

Mallik Bhai
30th May 2010, 11:55 AM
ekm kavithayil aadyam release aayi one week kond pack up aai..

padam national hit aayappo pinnem release cheythu,. grand run...

enda dance.. and that pair brought in a very good freshness feel..
oh...i remember watching it at tvm kripa with my friend...sreekumar/sreevisakh ethilo onnil same day Mela was released...we both were aamir fans...kure deliberate cheydhu Melakku povano ithino povano enn...i won him over saying lets watch KNPH, atleast there r gud songs in it ennum paranj...appo ingane reviews nokki padathinu povuka anganulla paripaadiyonnumillallo...thank God we went for this movie!:kayyadi:

Krrish
30th May 2010, 12:00 PM
ith ivide kidakkatte.......:kidilam:

Ily9SKlrBDI

Mallik Bhai
30th May 2010, 12:06 PM
ith ivide kidakkatte.......:kidilam:

Ily9SKlrBDI
:rockit::rockit::rockit:

radheyam
30th May 2010, 07:23 PM
tanx dino