PDA

View Full Version : KITES - Mi EXAMEN

Krrish
24th May 2010, 07:27 PM
FILM :- KITES
THEATRE :- OBERON MALL,CINEMAX,SCREEN -3,10.30 AM Show

Angane 2 varshathe kaath iripinu shesham Hrithikinte oru padam release aayi... 2008il Aamir Ghajini irakiyappozhum, SRK Rab ne irakkiyappozhum, 2009il 3 Idiots, MNIK(2010) okke vannappozhum palarum chodhichu.... Aamir okke recordukal break cheyunnu, hrithikinte padam enn varum???.. Njan paranju " ORU NAAL VARUM ".. Pakshe ingane aayirunnel varendayirunnu enn thonni at times.. Aake ulla aashwasam nalla intial eduthu enn matram... KITES enna padathe patti ente veekshanam njan parayaam...

KITES is basically a Love Story between an Indian Boy and a Spanish Girl.. The Basic idea behind any love story, whether its Raj-Simran from DDLJ or Sanjay-Kalpana from Ghajini, the point is that the audience should connect to them... Even in Ghajini, When Asin dies, the audience will feel sad or some might cry.. That was because the audience had an attachment towards them... That is exactly what KITES fails to generate and their lies its failure... The Two lovers, eventhough well Enacted by a Stylish Hrithik and a Beautiful Barbara, failed to connect to the audience.. Thats why the audience doesnt feel or share the agony that the lovers go through.. The reason, Primerly i would say the language... The dialogues that barbara says have to be read by the viewer from the subtitles.. Nothing can be done about it as it is supposed to be so.. If Barbara's dialogues are to be done in hindi, then the entire story collapses.. If it was so, then there is no communication problem between the lovers which contributes to many number of scenes in the movie.. Also the basic storyline is an Old Wine which is being sold in a Stylish bottle.. Script also tends to bore you or drag at times.. Romantic scenes are the portions you feel the dragging... Thats due to the lack of connection that i mentioned earlier.. In the Finale, when you slightly have a feel/sympathy towards the lovers, the underwater scene comes as a dampener...

The Film has few merits to say as well... Cinematography and Choreography is excellent.. The Film has a Stylish look to it.. Many of the locations are seen in Bollywood for the first time.. Music also is OK.. As many have pointed out, the saving grace of the movie is the leading pair who has performed really well... Hrithik really rocked... The Dance in FIRE was simply awesome.. He carried out his role very well... Barbara also didnt disappoint... But personally i felt there onscreen chemistry lacked something... I would still say the HR-Ash Pair is the best(waiting for Guzarish)... Kankana was completely wasted... Nicholas brown lacked that menacing look though he tried really hard... Anurag Basu has made a stylish film, but it lacked substance.... The Main Culprits are the scriptwriters... The Script was not able to generate any sympathy for the lovers which is important to any love story... I wouldnt say KITES is a bad film... But its just an OK film which can be watched for the leading pair and come stylish locales... As a HR Fan, I liked Hrithik a lot.. But that is not enough.. Coming to +ves and -ves,

+VES

* Hrithik & Barbara.
*Cinematography.
*Stylish.

-VES

*Script
*Direction was not upto mark.
*Dragging at times.
*Kankana and Supporting Cast disappointed.

VERDICT :- Not Good, Not Bad

RATING :- 2.5/5 ( i am being liberal)

B.O VERDICT :- Flop

ith ellam ente opinion aanu... kindly adjust... :lol:
__________________________________________________ ___________

A Special mention to the Recliner Seats @ Oberon... 120 roopa koduthittum, padam valiya mecham illayirunnittum enikk aa cash poyath aayi thonniyilla... Seating arrangement was superb... Valiya oru agraham aayirunnu ath pole onn cinema kaanam enn... Enthayalum ath saadhichu... Thanks to critic bhai for recommending it... Superb one...
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Angane athinte idapaadu theernnu... Ini Guzarishil nokkaam... Ath enthavumo daivame!!!!!!! Aishwarya Chechi veendum Aishwaryam kond varamane!!!

Vincent Gomas
24th May 2010, 07:33 PM
:) thanxx krrish..!!

Mallik Bhai
24th May 2010, 07:44 PM
In the Finale, when you slightly have a feel/sympathy towards the lovers, the underwater scene comes as a dampener...
thanx paavam hrithik fan...

pinne ee scene, majority of the theatres kooval, pottichiri idhokkeyaanu reaction enn thonnunnu...ente pirakil irunna oru north indian gang undaayirunnu, some 7-8 guys n gals...one guy commented "agle janam mein machli ban ke aayenge dono, aur picture ka naam hoga Fishes...paisa vaapas kar ****^*":roll:

Krrish
24th May 2010, 07:45 PM
thanx paavam hrithik fan...

pinne ee scene, majority of the theatres kooval, pottichiri idhokkeyaanu reaction enn thonnunnu...ente pirakil irunna oru north indian gang undaayirunnu, some 7-8 guys n gals...one guy commented "agle janam mein machli ban ke aayenge dono, aur picture ka naam hoga Fishes...paisa vaapas kar ****^*":roll:

Oru maathiri koppile Scene..... :suicide:

Eazy Jozy
24th May 2010, 07:51 PM
FILM :- KITES
THEATRE :- OBERON MALL,CINEMAX,SCREEN -3,10.30 AM Show

Angane 2 varshathe kaath iripinu shesham Hrithikinte oru padam release aayi... 2008il Aamir Ghajini irakiyappozhum, SRK Rab ne irakkiyappozhum, 2009il 3 Idiots, MNIK(2010) okke vannappozhum palarum chodhichu.... Aamir okke recordukal break cheyunnu, hrithikinte padam enn varum???.. Njan paranju " ORU NAAL VARUM ".. Pakshe ingane aayirunnel varendayirunnu enn thonni at times.. Aake ulla aashwasam nalla intial eduthu enn matram... KITES enna padathe patti ente veekshanam njan parayaam...

KITES is basically a Love Story between an Indian Boy and a Spanish Girl.. The Basic idea behind any love story, whether its Raj-Simran from DDLJ or Sanjay-Kalpana from Ghajini, the point is that the audience should connect to them... Even in Ghajini, When Asin dies, the audience will feel sad or some might cry.. That was because the audience had an attachment towards them... That is exactly what KITES fails to generate and their lies its failure... The Two lovers, eventhough well Enacted by a Stylish Hrithik and a Beautiful Barbara, failed to connect to the audience.. Thats why the audience doesnt feel or share the agony that the lovers go through.. The reason, Primerly i would say the language... The dialogues that barbara says have to be read by the viewer from the subtitles.. Nothing can be done about it as it is supposed to be so.. If Barbara's dialogues are to be done in hindi, then the entire story collapses.. If it was so, then there is no communication problem between the lovers which contributes to many number of scenes in the movie.. Also the basic storyline is an Old Wine which is being sold in a Stylish bottle.. Script also tends to bore you or drag at times.. Romantic scenes are the portions you feel the dragging... Thats due to the lack of connection that i mentioned earlier.. In the Finale, when you slightly have a feel/sympathy towards the lovers, the underwater scene comes as a dampener...

The Film has few merits to say as well... Cinematography and Choreography is excellent.. The Film has a Stylish look to it.. Many of the locations are seen in Bollywood for the first time.. Music also is OK.. As many have pointed out, the saving grace of the movie is the leading pair who has performed really well... Hrithik really rocked... The Dance in FIRE was simply awesome.. He carried out his role very well... Barbara also didnt disappoint... But personally i felt there onscreen chemistry lacked something... I would still say the HR-Ash Pair is the best(waiting for Guzarish)... Kankana was completely wasted... Nicholas brown lacked that menacing look though he tried really hard... Anurag Basu has made a stylish film, but it lacked substance.... The Main Culprits are the scriptwriters... The Script was not able to generate any sympathy for the lovers which is important to any love story... I wouldnt say KITES is a bad film... But its just an OK film which can be watched for the leading pair and come stylish locales... As a HR Fan, I liked Hrithik a lot.. But that is not enough.. Coming to +ves and -ves,

+VES

* Hrithik & Barbara.
*Cinematography.
*Stylish.

-VES

*Script
*Direction was not upto mark.
*Dragging at times.
*Kankana and Supporting Cast disappointed.

VERDICT :- Not Good, Not Bad

RATING :- 2.5/5 ( i am being liberal)

B.O VERDICT :- Flop

ith ellam ente opinion aanu... kindly adjust... :lol:
__________________________________________________ ___________

A Special mention to the Recliner Seats @ Oberon... 120 roopa koduthittum, padam valiya mecham illayirunnittum enikk aa cash poyath aayi thonniyilla... Seating arrangement was superb... Valiya oru agraham aayirunnu ath pole onn cinema kaanam enn... Enthayalum ath saadhichu... Thanks to critic bhai for recommending it... Superb one...
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Angane athinte idapaadu theernnu... Ini Guzarishil nokkaam... Ath enthavumo daivame!!!!!!! Aishwarya Chechi veendum Aishwaryam kond varamane!!!
:sankadam:thanxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mallik Bhai
24th May 2010, 07:52 PM
agree that was totally unnecessary...

but to me, it was not the language/subtitle the reason for lack of connectivity/sympathy towards the tragedy...i felt the second half went in more of a thriller/chase mode with so many logicless scenes that one didn't really bother about the love story in actual! i think they were confused how to move the story forward, as a plain romance flick or incorporate chase/excitement and make it in a thriller mode! this is the problem when one makes films targeted at two totally different worlds...it's a delicate balance one has to maintain...they failed in it! aa first halfle feel angane thanne maintain cheyyanamaayirunnnu, instead of doing all that stupid balloon/shootout in the motel scenes/cars blasting left, right, n center etc... the ending wud've been more poignant then!

Krrish
24th May 2010, 07:55 PM
agree that was totally unnecessary...

but to me, it was not the language/subtitle the reason for lack of connectivity/sympathy towards the tragedy...i felt the second half went in more of a thriller/chase mode with so many logicless scenes that one didn't really bother about the love story in actual! i think they were confused how to move the story forward, as a plain romance flick or incorporate chase/excitement and make it in a thriller mode! this is the problem when one makes films targeted at two totally different worlds...it's a delicate balance one has to maintain...they failed in it! aa first halfle feel angane thanne maintain cheyyanamaayirunnnu, instead of doing all that stupid balloon/shootout in the motel scenes/cars blasting left, right, n center etc... the ending wud've been more poignant then!

Correct... Language ennath oru reason matram aan.... Makersinte confusionum undayirunnu.... But Stunts, Chase okke Loversinte Fight for survival alle.. Enthayalum.......... :krodham:

Mallik Bhai
24th May 2010, 08:00 PM
Correct... Language ennath oru reason matram aan.... Makersinte confusionum undayirunnu.... But Stunts, Chase okke Loversinte Fight for survival alle.. Enthayalum.......... :krodham:

agree with the fight for survival part...but second half verum oru Paiyya mode aayippoyi, to me, i.e., a pucca logicless tamil film...atleast, we knew what to expect in Paiyya, but idhangane allallo! anyways, no use pondering about this film more...it's done n dusted...n next is SLB's film eh for hrithik? gosh:ayyo:!

Krrish
24th May 2010, 08:02 PM
agree with the fight for survival part...but second half verum oru Paiyya mode aayippoyi, to me, i.e., a pucca logicless tamil film...atleast, we knew what to expect in Paiyya, but idhangane allallo! anyways, no use pondering about this film more...it's done n dusted...n next is SLB's film eh for hrithik? gosh:ayyo:!

SLB-ASH-HR Movie GUZARISH... DIWALI RLS.... :stylish:

Mallik Bhai
24th May 2010, 08:04 PM
SLB-ASH-HR Movie GUZARISH... DIWALI RLS.... :stylish:
:hum::hum::hum:

Krrish
24th May 2010, 08:07 PM
:hum::hum::hum:

BLACK polathe padam aanu.....

Mallik Bhai
24th May 2010, 08:11 PM
BLACK polathe padam aanu.....
ennaa ithum koodirikkatte:thumb_down:(ente personal opinion aanu, i hate slb films...)

but for HR, i hope it does well actually...

double chankan
24th May 2010, 08:14 PM
njan athu kanan ninilla... predicted that and walked out

Krrish
24th May 2010, 08:16 PM
njan athu kanan ninilla... predicted that and walked out

Nannayi.... :karachil:

Freddy
24th May 2010, 08:19 PM
thanks krrish

cinebuff
24th May 2010, 09:33 PM
Thnx Krrrriiiisssh........:):

Mr.Lonely
24th May 2010, 09:37 PM
thread itta krrish-um kandu :roll:
thanks krrishhh

SURU BHAI
25th May 2010, 02:00 AM
thanks krish....pinne kankana enthu cheythu..avalku kittiya role bangiyakiyille..aa role atra alle ulluu///

kiroo
25th May 2010, 02:40 AM
thanks krishh..!!!!!

critic
25th May 2010, 06:55 AM
Thanks Krrish. Enikku oru above average one time watch ayi tonni. Close to good. Barbera was good.Hrithik too. Pakshe aa sympathy kittiyilla ennathu sheri.
Randu perdem kore scenes kollarunnu. That shadow play scene, Desert il vechu barbera thirichu verunna scene, pinne both of them sitting near bellagio fountains and their thoughts on money and fake love etc.
Pinne a flashback, suspense mode okke nannayi.
Ofcourse, it cud have been much much better in total.

Thanks for the recliner seats mention, I will always recommend that to all here.

Krrish
25th May 2010, 08:49 AM
thanks krish....pinne kankana enthu cheythu..avalku kittiya role bangiyakiyille..aa role atra alle ulluu///

Aa Role cheyaan Kankanayude aavashyam illa..

EmmeS
25th May 2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks Krrish...:p

Neelan
25th May 2010, 09:45 AM
kankana disappoint cheythennu u too brutest Krish ! HR inte roomil kayari vannu kattilil irikkunna oru scene pore ...athinanu avale cast cheythathu aval athu valare adhikam vrithi ayum bhangiyayum avatharippichu payyan marude manam koritharippichu !

Thanks for the review Krissh

Krrish
25th May 2010, 09:47 AM
kankana disappoint cheythennu u too brutest Krish ! HR inte roomil kayari vannu kattilil irikkunna oru scene pore ...athinanu avale cast cheythathu aval athu valare adhikam vrithi ayum bhangiyayum avatharippichu payyan marude manam koritharippichu !

Aa Scenil koritharipichilla enn njan paranjo??? Afinayikaan onnum illayirunnu enne udeshichullu... :lol:

Mallik Bhai
25th May 2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks Krrish. Enikku oru above average one time watch ayi tonni. Close to good. Barbera was good.Hrithik too. Pakshe aa sympathy kittiyilla ennathu sheri.
Randu perdem kore scenes kollarunnu. That shadow play scene, Desert il vechu barbera thirichu verunna scene, pinne both of them sitting near bellagio fountains and their thoughts on money and fake love etc.
Pinne a flashback, suspense mode okke nannayi.
Ofcourse, it cud have been much much better in total.

Thanks for the recliner seats mention, I will always recommend that to all here.
these were exactly the most beautiful scenes of the movie, to me, esply that fountain scene where both realize they r in it for money, woah what a scene i thot! that scene itself had a thread that cud've been developed in a different way, lyk a cat n mouse kinda game involving kangana more n also a different actor in that negative role but instead they chose the easiest option in the second half...chase, action etc etc...most of those lovely scenes n dialogues come in that first half and the second half seemed shallow except for a couple of moments btwn HR-BM, adhu thaan my problem with the film

Neelan
25th May 2010, 10:00 AM
Aa Scenil koritharipichilla enn njan paranjo??? Afinayikaan onnum illayirunnu enne udeshichullu... :lol:

Abhinayikkan vakuppu ulla role onnum alla chumma oru side track ennal alle pengalude loverum angalude loverum muttan love ..aphan kalippu story kurachu koodi dramatic akkkan vendi allathe vere entu !

Wasted that much cash for no reason oru international std movie akkan ulla scope ellam undayirunnu !

Agnes
25th May 2010, 10:01 AM
waah, thanks krishikaaraaa!

Krrish
25th May 2010, 10:05 AM
Abhinayikkan vakuppu ulla role onnum alla chumma oru side track ennal alle pengalude loverum angalude loverum muttan love ..aphan kalippu story kurachu koodi dramatic akkkan vendi allathe vere entu !

Wasted that much cash for no reason oru international std movie akkan ulla scope ellam undayirunnu !

Poyath poyi.... paranjittu karyam illa... :nono:

Saroj Kumar
25th May 2010, 10:05 AM

sathyam macha. Swaasam ninnu poyi :bodhamilla:

Mallik Bhai
25th May 2010, 10:07 AM
sathyam macha. Swaasam ninnu poyi :bodhamilla:
engane nikkaathirikkum...Neelan paranjapole "paiyyanmaarude" manam kavaraan itta scene alle, athu kandaal praayamaayavarkku swaasam nikkum...athond inganolla padangalkkokke povumbo sraddhikkanam!

Saroj Kumar
25th May 2010, 10:10 AM
engane nikkaathirikkum...Neelan paranjapole "paiyyanmaarude" manam kavaraan itta scene alle, athu kandaal praayamaayavarkku swaasam nikkum...athond inganolla padangalkkokke povumbo sraddhikkanam!
Ithokke arinju vechondu dancer ee padathinu keriyallo :biggrin:

Mallik Bhai
25th May 2010, 10:11 AM
Ithokke arinju vechondu dancer ee padathinu keriyallo :biggrin:
swaasam ninnupoyi ennonnum njaan paranjilla....aval enteyum manam kavarnnatheyulloo...:adipoli:

Saroj Kumar
25th May 2010, 10:13 AM
swaasam ninnupoyi ennonnum njaan paranjilla....aval enteyum manam kavarnnatheyulloo...:adipoli:
Kochu payyananna vichaaram :pukel: :pukel: enthokke paranjaalum avalu ente manasseennu ponilla. :?

Krrish
25th May 2010, 10:53 AM
Kochu payyananna vichaaram :pukel: :pukel: enthokke paranjaalum avalu ente manasseennu ponilla. :?

Saroj Uncle :kiki:

Neelan
25th May 2010, 10:57 AM
avalude a iruppu athinu kodukkanam oru :heart:

Krrish
25th May 2010, 11:02 AM
avalude a iruppu athinu kodukkanam oru :heart:

Kodutholu........

http://i.indiafm.com/stills/09/kites/still22.jpg

Neelan
25th May 2010, 11:03 AM
Kodutholu........

http://i.indiafm.com/stills/09/kites/still22.jpg

Ho ival oru madaldasa thanne ,,,thanks Krishikaaraa.....

:lol::lol::lol:

raaman
25th May 2010, 11:23 AM
hrithil vellathilekk chadunna scene kandappo cinthol-nteyo matto ad kaanikkaan povuaano enn vichaarichu :shock:

sertzui
25th May 2010, 01:00 PM
Gracias Kiran.

PARAMU
25th May 2010, 01:01 PM
thanks krrish

Krrish
25th May 2010, 01:30 PM
Gracias Kiran.

Su Krrish, no Kiran

ITV
25th May 2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks Krrish

sertzui
25th May 2010, 01:49 PM
Disculpe............ Krrish!

Su Krrish, no Kiran

Krrish
25th May 2010, 01:54 PM
Disculpe............ Krrish!

Su ok. No importa :hmm:

SURU BHAI
25th May 2010, 03:10 PM
Aa Role cheyaan Kankanayude aavashyam illa..
ATHU POTTE...AVALU CHEYTHU MOSHAMA AKIYO ENNA NYAN CHODICHATHUU>???

Krrish
25th May 2010, 04:44 PM

ath illa...

Neelan
25th May 2010, 04:47 PM

Mosham akkiyo enno chanki kollunna varthamanam parayathe Suru Bhai !
:omg::omg:

Antony Moses
25th May 2010, 04:51 PM
Pazhakiya veenju puthiyakuppiyil kidu labelokke ottichu irakkiyittum cheetiyalle?

Padam athyugran initial aanu 65 crores over the weekend... pakshe 500 kwadiyokke thirichupidikkanamengil.......

Thanks krishagathra.

Vinu
25th May 2010, 11:50 PM
thanx bhai..

Vinu
25th May 2010, 11:51 PM
Pazhakiya veenju puthiyakuppiyil kidu labelokke ottichu irakkiyittum cheetiyalle?

Padam athyugran initial aanu 65 crores over the weekend... pakshe 500 kwadiyokke thirichupidikkanamengil.......

Thanks krishagathra.

500 kodiyo??:idea:

Krrish
26th May 2010, 07:45 AM
500 kodiyo??:idea:

50 Kodi aan budget...:rollonfloor: