PDA

View Full Version : Books you should should read once in a lifetime

~MiLi~
2nd April 2018, 03:35 PM
Book Lovers :hi:

Posting here some good books that you should not miss reading!

Shall post it genre wise for easy referral...In case, any of you have good suggestions - please do post it.. Shall prepare an index and add it to the first page

Books to be read atleast once in lifetime
The Catcher in the Rye - J S Salinger
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
Tale of Two cities - Charles Dickens
Romeo and Juliet - Shakespeare
To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee
The Hunger Game - Suzanne Collins

Biographies & Memoirs
The Kiss of Life - Emraan Hashmi
The Inspiring Journey of a Hero - Priya Kumar
The Race of My Life - Milkha Singh
If Truth Be Told - A Monks Memoir by Om Swami
Miles to Run Before I sleep - Sumedha Mahajan

Classics
Man who mistook His wife for a Hat - Oliver Sacks

Cooking & Food
Savour Mumbai - Vikas Khanna
Highway on my Plate - Rocky Singh
Kadai Cooking - Sanjay Kapoor

Fiction - Indian Authors
The Sialkot Saga - Ashwin Sanghi
Flood of fire - Amitav Ghosh
Sita - Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
Sacred Games - Vikram Chandra
Swami & Friends - R K Narayan

General fiction
Mightier than the Sword - Jeffrey Archer
P S I Love you - Cecelia Ahern
Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts

Leadership & Management
5 Pillars of Leadership - Meyers Paul
The Facebook Effect - David Kirkapatrick
The Golden Tap - Kashyam Deorah

Motivation & Self help

Mystery & Thrillers
Commeth the Hour - Jeffrey Archer
No Man's Land - David Baldacci

Mythology

Non Fiction

General

Romance
Committed - A Love Story by Elizabeth Gilbert

~Saji~
9th April 2018, 04:58 PM
The Kiss of Life - Emraan Hashmi

:lol: is it actually good ?

~MiLi~
9th April 2018, 05:02 PM
[emoji38] is it actually good ?It is...its not abt his serial kissing experience...more abt a father son bond..a survival guide...one side of the book deals with ordeal of parents who discover that their kid is suffering frm a serious ailment and how they manage to pick up the pieces of broken hearts and decide to move bravely...

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

The Poocha
9th April 2018, 06:06 PM
The African Trilogy by Chinua Achebe
Sacred Games
Any Shashi Tharoor authored book
Shantaram
Sapiens
Train to Pakistan
Jim Corbett Omnibus
Batman:Year One
Watchmen
Batman:The Long Halloween
The Ramayana Series By Ashok Banker
The Ajaya series by Anand Neelakantan
Swami and Friends

~MiLi~
10th April 2018, 11:33 AM
thank u meowwwwwww

~MiLi~
10th April 2018, 11:37 AM
Shantaram when i had lifted it in hand...i had thought "omg, when and how would I read and even complete it" and tiny letters.....ahem...but with the flow, the weight of the book nor the tiny letters in the book seemed a barrier...a thrilling book!

~Saji~
12th April 2018, 10:41 AM
Ee Thread alpam confused and complicated aayi ennu thonnunnu. books you should read once in a life time enna title. pakshe threadinte ullil pala pala subtitles. ...

Fiction and non-fiction maathram mathiyaayirunnu sub titles. and ask members (aake 4 pere active ullennu thonnunnu:lol:) to give their choices and a short description. add that to the list in front page...Athu gunam cheyyum...

~MiLi~
12th April 2018, 10:54 AM
Ee Thread alpam confused and complicated aayi ennu thonnunnu. books you should read once in a life time enna title. pakshe threadinte ullil pala pala subtitles. ...
Fiction and non-fiction maathram mathiyaayirunnu sub titles. and ask members (aake 4 pere active ullennu thonnunnu:lol:) to give their choices and a short description. add that to the list in front page...Athu gunam cheyyum...

Sajiyetta

wht i meant was books one must read in life time ...i have mentioned the books under different genres ...athil complicated aavan endha ullae? these are just few books that I personally felt one shd read! chettan manassil ulla "Complication" eduthu kalayuu...chettanu ethelum book ne patti doubt onde chodikku :laugh:

aarkelum, ethelum book ne patti description vene chodikkaam - ittekaam....

ethra peru active aavunnnu is not my look out .... there may be 100 others who may visit the thread, but not even thank :D but if it cud b of useful to members/guests , i really dont bother...

~Saji~
17th April 2018, 12:17 PM
Sajiyetta

wht i meant was books one must read in life time ...i have mentioned the books under different genres ...athil complicated aavan endha ullae? these are just few books that I personally felt one shd read! chettan manassil ulla "Complication" eduthu kalayuu...chettanu ethelum book ne patti doubt onde chodikku :laugh:

aarkelum, ethelum book ne patti description vene chodikkaam - ittekaam....

ethra peru active aavunnnu is not my look out .... there may be 100 others who may visit the thread, but not even thank :D but if it cud b of useful to members/guests , i really dont bother...

Ningalude book interests panku vakkuka ennaanu uddesamenkil more than good :kayyadi:

Njaan vicharichathu oru online book list develop cheyyuka aanennnaanu, from inputs from many. athaanenkil First pagile Cataloging okke alpam koodi parishkarichaal kooduthal nannaavum ennu paranjenne ullu.