PDA

View Full Version : EE Pattanthil Bhootham - My Review

Red Hat
19th July 2009, 12:55 PM
Sorry for the late review machanmare..<o></o>
<o></o>

Saw Bhootham from Attingal Ganga on release day itself. Kumbidi annan and I planned to go together for the film. But due to transportation problem Kumbidi, Pankan and Gujav annan went to New theatre. :thinking: But the torture was the same for everyone. :dukham:
<o></o>

About the Movie<o>:p</o>:p
I have this habit of giving a one word description for every film I
watch. :puka: For this film I didn’t think too much to give one coz 20 mins into the film I realized that this film is solely intended for only one particular group. So I gave the apt word “KIDDISH” :kalakki:
<o></o>
Story <o></o>
As someone already said story is a mix of Gulan and Sreeman chathunni.(Personally I liked Chathunni a lot).They could have tried some fresh changes to Bhootham, but they stuck on to the old clichés and style. :kopam:
The scene where bhootham takes appearance of Jimmy and that childish sound, they could have made the scene like bhootham will try different makeup and sounds and the kids go for crazy for the current attire of bhootham. That way that scene would have been much better.<o></o>
Although there isn’t any scene in the film where we get bored or too stretched, film has nothing new to offer and it falls into pits in several parts. Old clichés and rehashes were awkward and creepy in some scenes. :mad:
<o></o>
First half was just OK and second half was not even up to the standard of some of the sub-standard comic serials being telecast.<o></o>
<o></o>
Performance<o></o>
I don’t think Mammokka agreed to do this film expecting an OSCAR.:emo:
What he thought was to do a film completely for children and he manages to pull it off. I felt OK with his dubbing also. Its not easy also to dub for that character throughout in this sound. Full marks to his commitment but practically it didn’t come off as the majority didn’t like his dubbing (I belong to Minority though :order:)

One reason I believe for him selecting this sound is to relate to children easily. :valiya_chiri:
<o></o>
In rest of the star cast, Suraj stood out. He just excelled throughout. And some scenes of Salim kumar also brought laughing riot in the theatre. :ayye:
<o></o>
Positives<o></o>
Songs ( mamarangale was just superb Shan Rahman :salut:)<o></o>
Some of the lighter moments in the film<o></o>
<o></o>
Negatives<o></o>
Story and Script<o></o>
Graphics work. In some scenes the work was exceptional and in some other it was just below sub-standard level. The scene where mammooka rides the horse he he :warrior:. I remembered my 6<sup>th</sup> semester multimedia project days.
<o></o>

WOM<o></o>
Smiley . Didn’t ask any child though :coolguy:
<o></o>

Trade Prediction<o></o>
May be a hit-Super hit. It will not bomb as LIS and Mayabazar I think.<o></o>
<o>
Personal Note<o></o>
<o></o>
PS: No offenses meant to gud friends in Attingal. I don’t think CIVILIZATION has happened some people in the theater that day. I thought they were people some tribal camps or what. It was pity to see two families being booed off from the theater uttering bad words and all. Fan mix was about even for the two M’s. Even before the film started Fan fights began in the theater. Felt very sad to see the status of fanship for the two brilliant actors ever. :worried:
<o>
</o></o>

Cooldude
19th July 2009, 01:03 PM
Thanx Chuvanna thoppikaara...

Gafoorkadosth
19th July 2009, 01:14 PM
thankz redhat linux ..

navarannan
19th July 2009, 02:02 PM
Smilekalude oru pralayam aanallodei..

Thanks for the review:happy:

Superhito:enthottu:

Tony
19th July 2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks chuvanna thoppi...

Transporter
19th July 2009, 02:48 PM
thanks redhat

munshi02
19th July 2009, 02:54 PM
Sorry for the late review machanmare..<o></o>
<o></o>

Saw Bhootham from Attingal Ganga on release day itself. Kumbidi annan and I planned to go together for the film. But due to transportation problem Kumbidi, Pankan and Gujav annan went to New theatre. :thinking: But the torture was the same for everyone. :dukham:
<o></o>

About the Movie<o>:p</o>:p
I have this habit of giving a one word description for every film I
watch. :puka: For this film I didn’t think too much to give one coz 20 mins into the film I realized that this film is solely intended for only one particular group. So I gave the apt word “KIDDISH” :kalakki:
<o></o>
Story <o></o>
As someone already said story is a mix of Gulan and Sreeman chathunni.(Personally I liked Chathunni a lot).They could have tried some fresh changes to Bhootham, but they stuck on to the old clichés and style. :kopam:
The scene where bhootham takes appearance of Jimmy and that childish sound, they could have made the scene like bhootham will try different makeup and sounds and the kids go for crazy for the current attire of bhootham. That way that scene would have been much better.<o></o>
Although there isn’t any scene in the film where we get bored or too stretched, film has nothing new to offer and it falls into pits in several parts. Old clichés and rehashes were awkward and creepy in some scenes. :mad:
<o></o>
First half was just OK and second half was not even up to the standard of some of the sub-standard comic serials being telecast.<o></o>
<o></o>
Performance<o></o>
I don’t think Mammokka agreed to do this film expecting an OSCAR.:emo:
What he thought was to do a film completely for children and he manages to pull it off. I felt OK with his dubbing also. Its not easy also to dub for that character throughout in this sound. Full marks to his commitment but practically it didn’t come off as the majority didn’t like his dubbing (I belong to Minority though :order:)

One reason I believe for him selecting this sound is to relate to children easily. :valiya_chiri:
<o></o>
In rest of the star cast, Suraj stood out. He just excelled throughout. And some scenes of Salim kumar also brought laughing riot in the theatre. :ayye:
<o></o>
Positives<o></o>
Songs ( mamarangale was just superb Shan Rahman :salut:)<o></o>
Some of the lighter moments in the film<o></o>
<o></o>
Negatives<o></o>
Story and Script<o></o>
Graphics work. In some scenes the work was exceptional and in some other it was just below sub-standard level. The scene where mammooka rides the horse he he :warrior:. I remembered my 6<sup>th</sup> semester multimedia project days.
<o></o>

WOM<o></o>
Smiley . Didn’t ask any child though :coolguy:
<o></o>

Trade Prediction<o></o>
May be a hit-Super hit. It will not bomb as LIS and Mayabazar I think.<o></o>
<o>
Personal Note<o></o>
<o></o>
PS: No offenses meant to gud friends in Attingal. I don’t think CIVILIZATION has happened some people in the theater that day. I thought they were people some tribal camps or what. It was pity to see two families being booed off from the theater uttering bad words and all. Fan mix was about even for the two M’s. Even before the film started Fan fights began in the theater. Felt very sad to see the status of fanship for the two brilliant actors ever. :worried:
<o>
</o></o>

WOM
Smiley . Didn’t ask any child though :gdance::gdance::gdance::thalakarakkam::thalakarak kam::thalakarakkam:

Pankajakshan
19th July 2009, 02:55 PM
Padam poraa...pakshe superhit aavumennu.

Aliyaa ulliley mamooty fan ethi nokki thudangi.

Sree
19th July 2009, 03:52 PM
thanks redhat

May be a hit-Super hit.

:ayye:

Shyam
19th July 2009, 05:23 PM
thanks redhat
super hit ?
:vedi:

Malayalee
19th July 2009, 05:33 PM
Thnx Redhat..

padam 8 nilayil pottiyallo.. verdict maatamayirunnu..

Ali Imran
19th July 2009, 09:08 PM
thnks rh

Mr.Lonely
19th July 2009, 09:54 PM
review kandittu oru below average pole onde :D. thanks RH :)

Saroj Kumar
19th July 2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks macha for the review. Verdict issi ishtaayi :lol:

praveenshankar
20th July 2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks redhat.

Hari Kuttan
20th July 2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks reddy anna...

Kumbidi
20th July 2009, 11:00 AM
nandri thalaiva.... :poda: