PDA

View Full Version : Puthiya Mukham: Prithvi's futile attempt to be a mass hero

double chankan
25th July 2009, 06:06 PM
Show Time: 2.30pm
Theatre: Calicut Coronation

Not getting to the wafer thing story which has already been described in other reviews...

Puthiya Mukham, is Prithviraj's yet another attempt to play the angry young man and establish as a mass hero.

A peep in to the history of Indian/malayalam cinema one can find that being a darling of the masses has two tried and tested means.
1. Play the comic card well,
2. Play the action hero, who beats the odds to win the battle.

It seems that Prithvi has finally come to terms with the fact that #1 is not his cup of tea. Puthiya Mukham as a movie offers nothing new except the cliched gang war of a campus, the baddie being supported by affluent and influential brothers, and the hero an underdog to start with, and ofcourse the heroine from the group of baddies.

There are no characters in the script that are etched out well, nor are there any emotions to portray for the cast. Except Krishna Kumar and Sudhi, there is nothing much anyone can do in this bang-bang movie.

Prithviraj yet again plays the macho man and the star of the campus, at is considerably at ease during these parts of the movie. He has only a couple of scenes that can be considered challenging. The ones in which he transforms in to a different personality due to the so called "flash back phenomenon" and the one which he comes to know of the flaw in his pysche. He goofs it up on both the occasions.

It is high time that the actor realises that, holding tight fists and grumbling are not the only traits of an action hero.

For the rest part of the movie, it is not the director who calls the shots, instead its the stunt master. Stuffed with a fight sequence pretty often, one really yawns away as the hero single handedly bashes up the baddies.
It thrills to start away with, but the overkill spoils the thrill pretty soon.

The romance part of the movie is half baked and leaves much to be desired.
Meera Nandan and Priya Mani are mere show pieces and has no say in the proceedings. Bala has given out a fairly decent performance.

As mentioned, there is nothing much Diphan has got to do in the script, if one discounts the screen time for the songs and fights.
He blatantly imitates his guru Shaji Kailas in frame composition and angles, and creativity is not something Puthiya Mukham can boast off.

Songs are the only relief for most part of the 2.5hrs, and Deepak Dev has made an impressive come back.

Positives:

Prithvi is the only actor who can bring in college girls to theatres these days in the opening week end of a movie, may be jayasurya too.

Looks great during most part of the movie. (six pack onnum allalo in the one scene where he shows of his bare body)

If it was not for the blunder of the director/stunt master to over do the fights, it would have been a treat to watch his agility and speed.
Sadly ended up a Vijay stunt.

Theatre Response: Varying atmospehere, claps and boos came out intermittently. By the time climax fight reached midway people had lost interest in the proceedings.

Verdict : To fall after the opening week end...

In short:

Prithvi,
Miles to go before you are a good actor,
miles and miles to go before you are a star...

Sree
25th July 2009, 06:10 PM
thanks chankan....

HF shows on day 2 as well...pretty gud goin

ModaRayu
25th July 2009, 06:17 PM

Not getting to the wafer thing story which has already been described in other reviews...:kidu:

Puthiya Mukham, is Prithviraj's yet another attempt to play the angry young man and establish as a mass hero.

Theatre Response: Varying atmospehere, claps and boos came out intermittently. By the time climax fight reached midway people had lost interest in the proceedings.

In short:

Prithvi,

Thanks chankan, well said:puka:Booings are ON on the above described scenes from tomorow itself:nocomments:

Malayalee
25th July 2009, 06:21 PM
Thnx chankan..

ithu hit aayal mathiyayirunnu.. :praying: oru flop koodi malayala cinemakku taangan vazha

Vincent Gomas
25th July 2009, 06:30 PM
thanxx chankan...

ithu flop aavanonnum ponilla.....!!!!!! ippo irangiya mattu films inte okke adapputhericha saahacharyathil....aug 7 vare safe aayi oodikkolum....!!!! DC okke aug 7 alle..?

Malayalee
25th July 2009, 06:32 PM
Oru youngsterinte review :smiling:

Saw "Puthiya Mugham" from Sapna theatre,Thrissur! The rush and crowd was unbelievable...It was like some Mohanlal or Mammootty's fdfs,even today! The whole audience r youth(just as expected)... Balcony n lower classes were houseful. Many ppl had 2 go back without getting tickets! Police were also around 2 c that everything was fine...
http://static1.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_smile.gif

Now,coming 2 the film....In one word the film is simply EXPLOSIVE. Almost all actors did a good job...Eventhough Prithviraj over-shadowed them all!!!Prithviraj was the star of the show,with his looks,fights n dialogues!http://static3.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_funny.gif The title song sung by him-"Puthiya Mugham" was simply awesome! Next 2 Prithviraj,comes Bala who also did a marvellous job as the cool villian!http://static3.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_wink.gif Meera Nanden and Priyamani actually had little 2 do...but did their parts neatly!!!The major credit also goes 2 the cameraman, Bharani.K.Dharan for providing the audience with racy and slow-motion visuals simultaneously according 2 the mood of the film! The side-angle visuals,though seen many times before like in "Kakka Kakka"...was gr8 to watch! The next best thing abt the movie was its songs...V simply get glued 2 it!!! The BGM was also rocking n stylish...v get a feel of some bollywood action thrillers!Hats Off 2 Deepak Dev 4 his super compositions!!!http://static1.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_cool.gifThe next credit must go 2 the stunt-director 4 coming up with some stylish action sequences! The interval fight scene was the best of the lot! But when it comes 2 the story and the script, there's nothing it as a whole!!!http://static1.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_surprise.gif

The 1st half starts of showing a young brahmin boy Krishna Kumar,called as Kichan by his close ones, getting admission in an engineering college in Ernakulam.http://static3.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_confuse.gif Sree Devi(Meera Nanden) is his girl(would-be), as decided by his & her parents long time b4 itself! In the college,he faces some problems which gets bigger day by day! There he also meets Anjana(Priyamani),who is the would-be of the 'dada' of the college,Sudhi(Bala)... The 1st half is a mixed bag of romance,sentiments and also fights! http://static3.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_funny.gif

The 2nd half is where the real action takes place...the film gains momentum in this half!
But the 2nd half is full of Prithviraj's heroism...The wall-breaking and glass-shattering fights of Prithviraj is in this half... The film lifts him from a Mahatma Gandhi in the 1st half 2 Mike Tyson in the 2nd!http://static4.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_bigsmile.gif There r also resemblances 2 some of Suriya's scenes or even looks,in this half!There is also a race scene,which is a very poor 1 to tell the fact... And the climax is the major point where the film lets u down! Unbelievable or impractical or stupid or wateva u can all...It was such a waste of a climax!http://static2.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_angry.gif After the film is over, there r some questions remaining unanswered! But the credit song was a highlight of the movie...It showed some funny moments which happened during the shooting of the movie...It was damn funny,2 b honest!http://static4.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_bigsmile.gif

+ves

* Songs
* Visuals
* Fights(Though ,it was little over at times)
* Prithviraj
* Bala
* BGM
* Funny clips shown along with credits
* Thrilling genre

-ves

* Story/Script
* Climax
* Too much slow-motions in the final fights
* Influence of some tamil films
* Not at all a family movie

BOTTOM LINE

An Entertainer for Prithviraj fans

Hari Kuttan
25th July 2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks chanku.. :topicsucks:

2nd day Housefull.. Prithivikkoru hit kittan chance kanunnu.. :punk:

double chankan
25th July 2009, 06:34 PM
thanxx chankan...

ithu flop aavanonnum ponilla.....!!!!!! ippo irangiya mattu films inte okke adapputhericha saahacharyathil....aug 7 vare safe aayi oodikkolum....!!!! DC okke aug 7 alle..?

there is nothing that can attract ladies/college girls to this movie once the WOM spreads..

college piller kerumarikkum, but a repeat audience i dnt think...
pinne ee padangal hit aavan M films pole 3-4kodi share onnum vendallo..

but its gng to fall after the week end for sure,how deep is the question

pappadam
25th July 2009, 06:35 PM
thanks DC
padam hittaayitundallo :cheers:

KasinathaN
25th July 2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks DC

gujav
25th July 2009, 06:45 PM
hmm..thanx chanka...:kidilam::kidilam::kidilam:
As VG said ...DC erangunna vare ith odumayirikkum... :puka:

Fontu
25th July 2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks DC..paranja oru opinion enikkum undu..2nd weekile fate..

lalistheonlySuperStar
25th July 2009, 07:27 PM
.[/B]

:deshyam::deshyam::deshyam::deshyam::deshyam:

double chankan
25th July 2009, 07:28 PM
:deshyam::deshyam::deshyam::deshyam::deshyam:

full busy aarunnu.. nokatte.. ippo onnu veetinu chaadan pattumonnu
illel naale varam

munshi02
25th July 2009, 07:28 PM
thanks for the biased review

Robert Langdon
25th July 2009, 07:30 PM
Thanx Chankan....:DJ:

lalistheonlySuperStar
25th July 2009, 07:35 PM
full busy aarunnu.. nokatte.. ippo onnu veetinu chaadan pattumonnu
illel naale varam

nhale morning nhan "aluva" povum... meeting undu state committee.

dont worry if u have time come today or we can meet next time

double chankan
25th July 2009, 07:37 PM

dont worry if u have time come today or we can meet next time

itenda ella weekum state commitee?

lalistheonlySuperStar
25th July 2009, 07:37 PM
thanks for the biased review

:hbang::hbang:

lalistheonlySuperStar
25th July 2009, 07:38 PM
itenda ella weekum state commitee?

last week mohanlal fansinte all kerala programsinte avasyathinu vendi ayirunnu. athinu bakki anu nale. karangal okke theerumanikkanundu. also varkychayan is going na....

lalistheonlySuperStar
25th July 2009, 07:39 PM
so oru week collection undavum padathinu. but nalla rush anu so hit avumennurappanu. still long run illa hahahasha

thanks for the Double Impact review

munshi02
25th July 2009, 07:40 PM

dont worry if u have time come today or we can meet next time:vchiri::vchiri::vchiri::vchiri:puluuuuuuuuuuu uuuu:haha::haha:

lalistheonlySuperStar
25th July 2009, 08:06 PM
:vchiri::vchiri::vchiri::vchiri:puluuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :haha::haha:

ithinte marupadi venamengil ingottu vili. my phone number is double two double chankan

appol manassilavum enthanu real theri ennu

Hari Kuttan
25th July 2009, 08:11 PM
Annanu monte achan ishtapettu.. Puthiya mukham ishtapettilla.. Idhil ninnu namukk endhu manasilakkam?

Ultimate prithvi hater chanku :koduvaal:

(Njan phone off cheydhu.. 8-[)

Ali Imran
25th July 2009, 08:14 PM
thnks dc ente frnds inalla padam kandu.....avarku ishtapettila

double chankan
25th July 2009, 08:14 PM
Annanu monte achan ishtapettu.. Puthiya mukham ishtapettilla.. Idhil ninnu namukk endhu manasilakkam?

Ultimate prithvi hater chanku :koduvaal:

(Njan phone off cheydhu.. 8-[)

first of all, u dnt need to proclaim that i am prithvi hater time and again..
i am a self proclaimed one..

now, makande achanum puthiya mukhavum endu basil aanu nee compare cheyunne enoode para

Ali Imran
25th July 2009, 08:15 PM

now, makande achanum puthiya mukhavum endu basil aanu nee compare cheyunne enoode para

theatril poyi cinema kanthavanmarkku enthina marupadi kodukunathu.....:tongue:

Hari Kuttan
25th July 2009, 08:20 PM

Anna, njan adhu chumma paranjadhanu..:nirtheda:

Enkilum chodikkuva.. Makante achan serial nilavarathil ulla padam anu.. Almost everyone thought it was avg, including me..

Ivide puthiya mukhatinu oru vidham ellavarum tharakkedillatha opinion ittu kandu.. But annanu mathram padam theere pidichilla.. ?? :silenced:

Antony Moses
25th July 2009, 08:21 PM

Not getting to the wafer thing story which has already been described in other reviews...

A peep in to the history of Indian/malayalam cinema one can find that being a darling of the masses has two tried and tested means.
1. Play the comic card well,
2. Play the action hero, who beats the odds to win the battle.

It seems that Prithvi has finally come to terms with the fact that #1 is not his cup of tea. Puthiya Mukham as a movie offers nothing new except the cliched gang war of a campus, the baddie being supported by affluent and influential brothers, and the hero an underdog to start with, and ofcourse the heroine from the group of baddies.

There are no characters in the script that are etched out well, nor are there any emotions to portray for the cast. Except Krishna Kumar and Sudhi, there is nothing much anyone can do in this bang-bang movie.

Prithviraj yet again plays the macho man and the star of the campus, at is considerably at ease during these parts of the movie. He has only a couple of scenes that can be considered challenging. The ones in which he transforms in to a different personality due to the so called "flash back phenomenon" and the one which he comes to know of the flaw in his pysche. He goofs it up on both the occasions.

It is high time that the actor realises that, holding tight fists and grumbling are not the only traits of an action hero.

For the rest part of the movie, it is not the director who calls the shots, instead its the stunt master. Stuffed with a fight sequence pretty often, one really yawns away as the hero single handedly bashes up the baddies.
It thrills to start away with, but the overkill spoils the thrill pretty soon.

The romance part of the movie is half baked and leaves much to be desired.
Meera Nandan and Priya Mani are mere show pieces and has no say in the proceedings. Bala has given out a fairly decent performance.

As mentioned, there is nothing much Diphan has got to do in the script, if one discounts the screen time for the songs and fights.
He blatantly imitates his guru Shaji Kailas in frame composition and angles, and creativity is not something Puthiya Mukham can boast off.

Songs are the only relief for most part of the 2.5hrs, and Deepak Dev has made an impressive come back.

Positives:

Prithvi is the only actor who can bring in college girls to theatres these days in the opening week end of a movie, may be jayasurya too.

Looks great during most part of the movie. (six pack onnum allalo in the one scene where he shows of his bare body)

If it was not for the blunder of the director/stunt master to over do the fights, it would have been a treat to watch his agility and speed.
Sadly ended up a Vijay stunt.

In short:

Prithvi,
Thanks mate. Miles to go before he becomes a star. Lightyears before he becomes a good actor.

saharapookal
25th July 2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks.. Chanka............. Today my roommates poyirunnu... Sreepadmanabha.. almost house full thanne randamathe divasavum... for morning show.... Shows.. there is sure chance of being a hit...

double chankan
25th July 2009, 08:47 PM
Anna, njan adhu chumma paranjadhanu..:nirtheda:

Enkilum chodikkuva.. Makante achan serial nilavarathil ulla padam anu.. Almost everyone thought it was avg, including me..

Ivide puthiya mukhatinu oru vidham ellavarum tharakkedillatha opinion ittu kandu.. But annanu mathram padam theere pidichilla.. ?? :silenced:

makande achan had similarities to my personal life.. that could have been the reason...

PM is a typical tamil masala type.. just to put it straight, the only tamil movies that i have watched in recent times is sivaji, dasavatharam,annyan, billa (bcz of kk)..
i havent seen a single vijay movie in theatre or disc...(the old ones i may have)

so does that explain??

double chankan
25th July 2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks.. Chanka............. Today my roommates poyirunnu... Sreepadmanabha.. almost house full thanne randamathe divasavum... for morning show.... Shows.. there is sure chance of being a hit...

i would say wait for monday

Sree
25th July 2009, 08:51 PM
i havent seen a single vijay movie in theatre or disc...

athethaayalum nannaayathe ollu....innale vaseegara ennoru movie kandu ..kore okke comedy aanelum...avante acting /// :toilet:

Transporter
25th July 2009, 09:44 PM
thanks dc

kuttoos
25th July 2009, 09:50 PM
Prithvi,
athenikku ishtapettu:giggle:

thanks chankan...well written

Waterloo
25th July 2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks.

saharapookal
25th July 2009, 09:52 PM
athethaayalum nannaayathe ollu....innale vaseegara ennoru movie kandu ..kore okke comedy aanelum...avante acting /// :toilet:

enthokkeyayalum.. aa padangal hit aavunundu... Ellarum oru kaaryam manasillakanam... Ellavarkum.. ellasamayathum classic venam ennu paranjal nadakunna kaaryam vallathum aano..?? :kiki:

double chankan
25th July 2009, 09:56 PM
enthokkeyayalum.. aa padangal hit aavunundu... Ellarum oru kaaryam manasillakanam... Ellavarkum.. ellasamayathum classic venam ennu paranjal nadakunna kaaryam vallathum aano..?? :kiki:

ivide classic venam enonnum aarum paranjilla...
ennu vechu ithokke aanu new face of malayalam cinema enokke paranjal...:padachone::padachone:

and hit doesnt mean quality, quality doesnt mean class and majority is not always right

Paramasivam
25th July 2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks chankan..... :nallatha:

stunt sceneil backgroudil kure peru angotum ingotum veruthe kidanu odunnundu enu ketu.. :biggrin:

pine ee padathinu anu malayalathil etavum kooduthal podiyum pukayum upayogichathathu ena record udan kitumatre.:biggrin:

Hari Kuttan
25th July 2009, 10:28 PM
makande achan had similarities to my personal life.. that could have been the reason...

PM is a typical tamil masala type.. just to put it straight, the only tamil movies that i have watched in recent times is sivaji, dasavatharam,annyan, billa (bcz of kk)..
i havent seen a single vijay movie in theatre or disc...(the old ones i may have)

so does that explain??
Sheri thambra.. I am the swaary.. Just chodichu enne ullu.. :silenced:

BTW Annanu RCyum ishtapettarunnallo.. Enittum idh ishtapettilla? :yes:

double chankan
25th July 2009, 10:29 PM
Sheri thambra.. I am the swaary.. Just chodichu enne ullu.. :silenced:

BTW Annanu RCyum ishtapettarunnallo.. Enittum idh ishtapettilla? :yes:

i am a lal fan and a prithvi hater..
avg from lal i may like, and avg from prithvi i may not..

simple.. doesnt mean this is avg:kannuruttu:

Hari Kuttan
25th July 2009, 10:32 PM
i am a lal fan and a prithvi hater..
avg from lal i may like, and avg from prithvi i may not..

simple.. doesnt mean this is avg:kannuruttu:
:valiya_chiri::valiya_chiri::valiya_chiri:

navarannan
25th July 2009, 10:34 PM
Well written review chankan...

Oru Prithwi vidwesha chova nizhalichu nilkkunnundengilum sensible judgement aanu feel cheyyunnathu....

Ngan next week padam kaanunundu, theateril ninnu poyittillel...

Abhiprayam oru reviewiloode idam...

double chankan
25th July 2009, 10:35 PM

Oru Prithwi vidwesha chova nizhalichu nilkkunnundengilum sensible judgement aanu feel cheyyunnathu....

not denying the chova...:nakku:

Hari Kuttan
25th July 2009, 10:37 PM

Anna.. Sorry for the offtopic qn... Annan mullholand drive kandittundaa? :pottan:

Hari Kuttan
25th July 2009, 10:38 PM
not denying the chova...:nakku:
Annan lokathu prithviyekkal verukkunna endelum undo? :oops:

double chankan
25th July 2009, 10:39 PM
Annan lokathu prithviyekkal verukkunna endelum undo? :oops:

hypocrisy :idea::idea:

chumma, i dnt like to see undeserving ppl being carried around in shoulders..

Hari Kuttan
25th July 2009, 10:41 PM
hypocrisy :idea::idea:

chumma, i dnt like to see undeserving ppl being carried around in shoulders..
:DJ::tongue:

navarannan
25th July 2009, 10:43 PM
Anna.. Sorry for the offtopic qn... Annan mullholand drive kandittundaa? :pottan:

kandittundu.. endei?

Hari Kuttan
25th July 2009, 10:45 PM
kandittundu.. endei?
Chumma.. Dhadhine kurichu vayichittu thanne enikku vattayi.. Engane anna.. Padam nalladhano? :nono:

navarannan
25th July 2009, 10:51 PM
Chumma.. Dhadhine kurichu vayichittu thanne enikku vattayi.. Engane anna.. Padam nalladhano? :nono:

Phycological thriller aanu...
Ninakkishtappedan chance illa :yo:

Kumbidi
26th July 2009, 12:09 AM
ehhh..
ithu ippolaanallo kaanunnathu...
thanks machu....

aake confusion aanallo???
sindhuraj ennu kettappole padam bore aanu ennu karuthiyathaanu...
pine kore nala reviews.. average.. ippo kathi ennum....
poyi thala veykkano????:drunken:

~~Meesha Madhavan~~
26th July 2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks DC...:hurray:
valarnnu varunna yuvatharathe prolsahippikkuka alle vendathu..:kiki:

Hari Kuttan
26th July 2009, 12:51 AM
Phycological thriller aanu...
Ninakkishtappedan chance illa :yo:
Surrealistic padam alle? :yudham:
Edhayalum kandu nokattu.. Adhendhe enikku ishtappedan chance illathe?:alochana:

kiroo
26th July 2009, 02:34 AM
thanks DC...for u r review....

padam innokke tvm districtil aalu koodiyittundu...

tvm, atl and ndd.....

so, long run kituuyillelum safe aakum...

~~Meesha Madhavan~~
26th July 2009, 02:46 AM
thanks DC...for u r review....

padam innokke tvm districtil aalu koodiyittundu...

tvm, atl and ndd.....

so, long run kituuyillelum safe aakum...

Evidey...tvm-thu collection keezhottu aanu..
Innu Morning show-um First Show-um full aayilla...
Second show-yude thirakku kandittu full poyi oru pint aakunna lakshanam polum illa..
Matinnee-kku samanyam thirakku undayirunnu...

Mr.Lonely
26th July 2009, 03:50 AM
hit ayal avante bhagayam :roll: thanks DC

Pankajakshan
26th July 2009, 09:27 AM

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Prithvi fansintey aadhya responseukal kandappozhey njan paranjadha..Climax stunt scene mosham aanennum ..neelam kooduthal..tamil masala ennokkey kettu ennum...padam pidich nikkaan bhudhimuttum ennum. Appo 2 weeks daddy cool irangum varey engilum nikkumo?

Cooldude
26th July 2009, 10:42 AM
Thanx DC for your take. Of the lot that released last weekend, probably this is the only one which is faring good. mattu padangal ellam thanne already veenu kazhinju ennu thonnunnu.

double chankan
26th July 2009, 10:45 AM
Thanx DC for your take. Of the lot that released last weekend, probably this is the only one which is faring good. mattu padangal ellam thanne already veenu kazhinju ennu thonnunnu.

vere ethu padam aanu undayath//

BOMM??

Cooldude
26th July 2009, 10:50 AM
vere ethu padam aanu undayath//

BOMM??

BOMM and RP. RP release last week allayirunno?

double chankan
26th July 2009, 10:53 AM
BOMM and RP. RP release last week allayirunno?

ee rp etha???

Cooldude
26th July 2009, 10:57 AM
ee rp etha???

Rahasya Police..

navarannan
26th July 2009, 10:59 AM
ee rp etha???

Rahasya Police

Sootran
26th July 2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks chankan for the futile review

Saroj Kumar
26th July 2009, 11:35 AM
thanks chankan for the fertile review :salute:

Tony
2nd August 2009, 04:46 AM
Thanks chanks...:)

EmmeS
2nd August 2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks Chankan.. Good review

Gopal
8th August 2009, 09:21 PM
Oru youngsterinte review :smiling:

Saw "Puthiya Mugham" from Sapna theatre,Thrissur! The rush and crowd was unbelievable...It was like some Mohanlal or Mammootty's fdfs,even today! The whole audience r youth(just as expected)... Balcony n lower classes were houseful. Many ppl had 2 go back without getting tickets! Police were also around 2 c that everything was fine...

Now,coming 2 the film....In one word the film is simply EXPLOSIVE. Almost all actors did a good job...Eventhough Prithviraj over-shadowed them all!!!Prithviraj was the star of the show,with his looks,fights n dialogues!http://static3.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_funny.gif The title song sung by him-"Puthiya Mugham" was simply awesome! Next 2 Prithviraj,comes Bala who also did a marvellous job as the cool villian!http://static3.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_wink.gif Meera Nanden and Priyamani actually had little 2 do...but did their parts neatly!!!The major credit also goes 2 the cameraman, Bharani.K.Dharan for providing the audience with racy and slow-motion visuals simultaneously according 2 the mood of the film! The side-angle visuals,though seen many times before like in "Kakka Kakka"...was gr8 to watch! The next best thing abt the movie was its songs...V simply get glued 2 it!!! The BGM was also rocking n stylish...v get a feel of some bollywood action thrillers!Hats Off 2 Deepak Dev 4 his super compositions!!!http://static1.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_cool.gifThe next credit must go 2 the stunt-director 4 coming up with some stylish action sequences! The interval fight scene was the best of the lot! But when it comes 2 the story and the script, there's nothing it as a whole!!!http://static1.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_surprise.gif

The 1st half starts of showing a young brahmin boy Krishna Kumar,called as Kichan by his close ones, getting admission in an engineering college in Ernakulam.http://static3.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_confuse.gif Sree Devi(Meera Nanden) is his girl(would-be), as decided by his & her parents long time b4 itself! In the college,he faces some problems which gets bigger day by day! There he also meets Anjana(Priyamani),who is the would-be of the 'dada' of the college,Sudhi(Bala)... The 1st half is a mixed bag of romance,sentiments and also fights! http://static3.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_funny.gif

The 2nd half is where the real action takes place...the film gains momentum in this half!
But the 2nd half is full of Prithviraj's heroism...The wall-breaking and glass-shattering fights of Prithviraj is in this half... The film lifts him from a Mahatma Gandhi in the 1st half 2 Mike Tyson in the 2nd!http://static4.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_bigsmile.gif There r also resemblances 2 some of Suriya's scenes or even looks,in this half!There is also a race scene,which is a very poor 1 to tell the fact... And the climax is the major point where the film lets u down! Unbelievable or impractical or stupid or wateva u can all...It was such a waste of a climax!http://static2.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_angry.gif After the film is over, there r some questions remaining unanswered! But the credit song was a highlight of the movie...It showed some funny moments which happened during the shooting of the movie...It was damn funny,2 b honest!http://static4.orkut.com/img/smiley/i_bigsmile.gif

+ves

* Songs
* Visuals
* Fights(Though ,it was little over at times)
* Prithviraj
* Bala
* BGM
* Funny clips shown along with credits
* Thrilling genre

-ves

* Story/Script
* Climax
* Too much slow-motions in the final fights
* Influence of some tamil films
* Not at all a family movie

BOTTOM LINE