PDA

View Full Version : Yudham Sei- from the makers of autograph & anjathey

realfan
31st January 2011, 03:12 PM
Yudham Sei

(http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/preview/12110.html) Yudham Sei - Fighting for the right
http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/previews/yudhamsei220111_2.jpg'Yudham Sei' is an upcoming crime thriller written and directed by Mysskin. It stars director Cheran in the lead role of an intelligence police officer along with debutant Dipa Shah. The story is about a CBI police officer in search of a serial killer. Deepa Sha will be seen as an assistant to Cheran. Director Marimuthu who burst on the scene with the film 'Kannum Kannum' plays the second officer to Cheran.
Early 2010, once his planned film with Kamal Haasan was dropped, Mysskin didn’t want to waste the time and immediately announced ‘Yudham Sei’ for producer Kalpathi Agoram.
When the film was announced there was a buzz saying it is a sequel to ‘Anjathey’. But the producer of ‘Anjathey’ Namichand Jhabak denied and said the similarity in the two films is limited only to the hero playing a cop and nothing beyond. He also said that he has not given the rights to make a sequel to anyone.
The other major stars of ‘Yudham Sei’ are Y. Gee. Mahendra, Lakshmi Ramakrishnan, Jayaprakash, Marimuthu, Yugendran and Shruthi.
Sources say Y Gee Mahendran is playing a role which he has never done before and it would shock and surprise the audience simultaneously. Actress Lakshmi Ramakrishnan is said to have tonsured her head for her ‘once in a lifetime role’ in the film.
Like Mysskin’s all other films, this too has a trademark kuthu song and the song features Director Ameer, Neetu Chandra and writer Charu Nivedita dancing for a ‘gaana kuthu’ song. Interestingly the lady in the song Neethu Chandra will also be seen in yellow sari as Malavika and Snigdha in Chithiram Pesuthadi and Anjathey respectively.
Mysskin who introduced Sundar C Babu in 'Anjathey' is introducing another music director Krishna Kumar with ‘Yudham Sei. Krishna Kumar has changed his name to ‘Ke’ for films. Ke has made the music for many short films and documentaries.
Sathya who was an assistant of P C Sriram is handling the camera. Action Prakash is in charge of stunts. ‘Chitthiram Paesudhadi’ Amaran handles Art Direction.
‘Yudham Sei’ is an anticipated film, more so because of the coming together of two classy film makers -Cheran and Mysskin. Rajinikanth who saw an exclusive premiere of ‘Yutham Sei’ recently was very impressed by the film. Rajini felt the film is too good and would definitely work big time with the audiences.
The audio of ‘Yudham Sei’ is being released on January 23 and the film will hit the theatres across the world on February 4.

realfan
3rd February 2011, 03:48 PM
Mysskin wages war in Yudham Sei

Last updated on: February 2, 2011 10:04 IST
this
Ask
Users
(http://mypage.rediff.com/qna?article_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rediff.com%2Fmovi es%2Fslide-show%2Fslide-show-1-south-interview-with-mysskin%2F20110202.htm&article_title=Mysskin%20wages%20war%20in%20Yudham% 20Sei) Write a
Comment
(http://messageboard.rediff.com/newboard/board.php?service_name=&boardid=movies2011feb02slide-show-1-south-interview-with-mysskin&from=story&dom=world&title=yes)
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/feb/02sl2.jpg
Next
Shobha Warrier (http://mypage.rediff.com/profile/getprofile/Shobha%20Warrier/14652342) in Chennai
Mysskin (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/mar/24ssmys.htm) is one film maker who can be called a rebel. His Tamil films are different, and so are his thoughts. His office is adorned with photographs of Kurasowa, Takeshi Kitano and also Satyajit Ray, the three filmmakers he admires.
After the hugely successful Chithiram Pesuthadi and Anajath (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/feb/15ssanja.htm)e (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/feb/15ssanja.htm), he made a sensitive film likeNandhalala (http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/south-review-nadhalala/20101126.htm) which was hailed as one of the best films made in 2010.
Soon after Nandhalala comes a murder mystery Yudham Sei (wage a war) with actor-director Cheran in the lead.
In this interview, Mysskin talks about life after Nandhalala and also Yudham Sei releasing on February 4. Excerpts:
Your last film Nandhalala was about the journey of a child and a mentally challenged young man in search of their mothers. Yudham Sei is a murder mystery. Was it a conscious decision on your part to make a film that is totally different from Nandhalala?
I would not describe it as a conscious decision. I want to make films in all genres and I do not like to stick to any particular one. The idea behind Yudham Sei stayed with me for a very long time. In fact, much before I made Nandhalala, I had this desire to make a murder mystery. So, I decided to make this after Nandhalala.
You told me last time that you wrote Anjathe in anger. How was the process of writing Yudham Sei?
It was easy. I took 20 days to write the script. Soon after that, we started shooting and within 90 days, the whole film was ready. I shot all my other films also in 81 days. The location I chose to shoot Yudham Sei was close to my office. So, everything went quite smoothly.

realfan
3rd February 2011, 03:49 PM
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/feb/02sl1.jpg
Prev Next
How do you manage to shoot in such a short time?
I insist on extensive rehearsals for 20 days. Because of the rehearsals, it is easy for the actors to perform while shooting the film.
These days actors like Kamal Haasan are talking about the need to have rehearsals...
I have been holding rehearsals from my very first movie. That was because I make films with new faces. So, it is very important to have rehearsals to make them prepare for the role. With rehearsals, I also get to know their capacity. They in turn also get an idea of what I expect from them. Actors and director should be able to communicate well while shooting and that is possible only if we understand and know each other well.
In Nandhalala, you were both an actor and the director. Did you have rehearsals?
Nandhalala is a very personal story. I didn't feel the need to have rehearsals though I consider myself an amateur artist. It was a story that I carried with me for several years. The director in me let the actor in me do what I felt like at that particular moment. What I did came from my heart and spontaneously. I made sure that I never went to the monitor and saw how I performed.

Image: A scene fom Nandhalala

realfan
4th February 2011, 11:52 AM
Friday Fury- February 4

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lceiQFeibhi.jpg
The Friday Fury is back with a bang.

Two new movies which are said to be different, are clashing this Friday.

Debutant director Gaurav's eagerly awaited Thoonganagaram and veteran director Mysskin's much talked about Yuddham Sei.
Thoonganagaram is Cloud Nine Dhayanidhi Alagiri's first home production, and has a young and vibrant team of Vimal, Anjali, Bharani, Nishanth and Gaurav himself debuting as actor.

The rustic music of the film by Sundar C Babu is topping the charts. The film is opening in the best of screens in Chennai with prime shows in multiplexes.
Leading producers AGS Entertainments first production of 2011 Yuddham Sei is releasing big in the best of screens in Chennai. It is said to be an investigative thriller from Mysskin, with Cheran playing a cop who is determined in solving a serial murder case.

Dipa Shah plays his female understudy, and Ygee Mahendran does an important role.
The Pongal releases have lost their fizz and are on their way out. All the three Pongal films were decent hits; the multiplexes have wisely given all of them the same number of shows in their fourth week. There are no major English or Hindi releases.

Kannettan
4th February 2011, 02:11 PM
thats aravind padam kandirangi..kollam ennu paranju...

realfan
4th February 2011, 04:45 PM
don has put his review...excellent

Bheeman Reghu
4th February 2011, 05:18 PM
superb report aanallo....:coolguy:

pandianips
4th February 2011, 06:21 PM
Yuddham Sei review
Mysskin is a seasoned stylist who made that edge-of-the-seat thriller Anjaathey in the past. However, smooth plot mechanics has never been his forte, as proved by his latest Yuddham Sei. The film is based on a strikingly similar theme of a CBCID cop trying to unravel mysterious killings in town, using his brains more than brawn.
Plot- A series of crimes grips Chennai city, missing girls, gruesome attacks on people as their chopped hands are found in cardboard cartons in busy areas. The local police refer the case to Crime branch and the investigation is entrusted to J Krishnamoorty (Cheran) a boorish cop and his team consisting of Tamizh (Deepa Shah) and Prakash.

JK is himself a victim of the crime as his sister is missing for the last few weeks. He sniffs around for possible clues and undercover many dirty secrets of the rich and powerful in the city.

How JK and his team goes after the suspects and nails down the real culprits including some bad apples in the department itself is told in 2 hours and 30 minutes. There is a sense of déjà vu as you watch the suspense unfolds.

The best scene in the film is how Cheran armed with just a miniature file in a nail cutter takes on half a dozen goons armed with long knives. This action scene on top of a bridge has been superbly choreographed by Mysskin without making Cheran a super hero and makes the fight look believable.

On the downside, the film is too long with a tedious second half. The intentions of the real culprits in the climax are a major let down, and are not justifiable. Among the cast, Cheran as the forlorn sleepy looking cop who speaks very little is striking.

Y Gee Mahendran as the vigilante doctor is miscast, while Lakshmi as his wife is riveting in the climax. Jayaprakash as Dr Judas is stunning. Deepa Shah has hardly anything much to do other than running around as Cheran’s deputy.

There is no romance in the film which has a four minute item song by Ameer and Mysskin’s favourite lady in yellow sari, this time portrayed by Neetu Chandra. The cinematography of Sathya, especially the night effects are good, though nothing much can be said of K’s background score.

The film has traces of David Fincher’s Seven about two detectives a rookie and a veteran; hunt a serial killer who leaves behind the tortured remains of victims.

On the whole, the film has a few gripping moments but suffers on account of inconsistent writing which makes it drag in the second half.

Verdict: Average

realfan
5th February 2011, 08:09 AM
Yuddham Sei review
Mysskin is a seasoned stylist who made that edge-of-the-seat thriller Anjaathey in the past. However, smooth plot mechanics has never been his forte, as proved by his latest Yuddham Sei. The film is based on a strikingly similar theme of a CBCID cop trying to unravel mysterious killings in town, using his brains more than brawn.
Plot- A series of crimes grips Chennai city, missing girls, gruesome attacks on people as their chopped hands are found in cardboard cartons in busy areas. The local police refer the case to Crime branch and the investigation is entrusted to J Krishnamoorty (Cheran) a boorish cop and his team consisting of Tamizh (Deepa Shah) and Prakash.

JK is himself a victim of the crime as his sister is missing for the last few weeks. He sniffs around for possible clues and undercover many dirty secrets of the rich and powerful in the city.

How JK and his team goes after the suspects and nails down the real culprits including some bad apples in the department itself is told in 2 hours and 30 minutes. There is a sense of déjà vu as you watch the suspense unfolds.

The best scene in the film is how Cheran armed with just a miniature file in a nail cutter takes on half a dozen goons armed with long knives. This action scene on top of a bridge has been superbly choreographed by Mysskin without making Cheran a super hero and makes the fight look believable.

On the downside, the film is too long with a tedious second half. The intentions of the real culprits in the climax are a major let down, and are not justifiable. Among the cast, Cheran as the forlorn sleepy looking cop who speaks very little is striking.

Y Gee Mahendran as the vigilante doctor is miscast, while Lakshmi as his wife is riveting in the climax. Jayaprakash as Dr Judas is stunning. Deepa Shah has hardly anything much to do other than running around as Cheran’s deputy.

There is no romance in the film which has a four minute item song by Ameer and Mysskin’s favourite lady in yellow sari, this time portrayed by Neetu Chandra. The cinematography of Sathya, especially the night effects are good, though nothing much can be said of K’s background score.

The film has traces of David Fincher’s Seven about two detectives a rookie and a veteran; hunt a serial killer who leaves behind the tortured remains of victims.

On the whole, the film has a few gripping moments but suffers on account of inconsistent writing which makes it drag in the second half.

Verdict: Average

this is not an unbiased review

realfan
5th February 2011, 08:10 AM
superb report aanallo....:coolguy:

did u see it?

realfan
5th February 2011, 08:14 AM
From deccan herald

Yuddham Sei S Viswanath, February 5, DHNS:
Tamil (U/A) Cast: Cheran, Dipa Shah, Y G Mahendran, Lakshmi Ramakrishnan, Selva, Maraimuthu, Neetu Chandra, Ameer Director: Mysskin
Known for his trademark style of narration, director Mysskin has carved a niche for himself in Kollywood. Basking under this acclaim and body of works, he seeks to do an encore with Yuddham Sei. However, much as one appreciates Mysskin’s deftness, sadly he simply flatters to deceive. This is not to discount Yuddham’s inherent merits.

With clever twists and turns, Mysskin is able to maintain the element of suspense, given that Yuddham Sei is a murder mystery. Schooled on Christie’s whodunnits and Hollywood mystery flicks, Mysskin tries to weave them into his own craft. But, what could have been elevated to a classic edge-of-the-seat thriller tale turns out into tepid saga.

The film revovles around boxes strewn across city with severed hands in them even as young girls go missing. The case is handed over to CBI Officer J Krishnamurthy, who, having failed to solve the mystery of his sister’s disappearance wishes to quit his job. With plenty of red-herrings Mysskin seeks to give Yuddham Sei that Hitchcockian feel.

Stylised camerawork, haunting score and decent performances keep one interested, though the film is pulled down by its own weighty expectations. Still, Yuddham... is worth its while and wallet.

vineethan
9th February 2011, 12:50 PM
Wen wil it release in Kerala?

realfan
9th February 2011, 02:10 PM
Wen wil it release in Kerala?

i think by last week of feb