PDA

View Full Version : My Name is Khan {Official Thread } - Huge opening amidst controversies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Vincent Gomas
23rd February 2010, 04:48 PM
i saw the movie on last sunday from evm kavitha..lot of expectations.but movie not upto the mark..good acting frm sharukh and well directed by karan..my detailed review coming up

:enthottu::enthottu::enthottu:

Brother
23rd February 2010, 04:52 PM
i saw the movie on last sunday from evm kavitha..lot of expectations.but movie not upto the mark..good acting frm sharukh and well directed by karan..my detailed review coming up

hambo vikramante akramam varan pokunnu..:Yahoo:

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 04:54 PM
good acting and driection.. :kollaam:

Brother
23rd February 2010, 04:55 PM
good acting and driection.. :kollaam:

kittiyathu ayi..:vikalangan:

Vincent Gomas
23rd February 2010, 04:57 PM

Brother annaa..aah DP onnu maattu...aalkkaaru chirichu chaavum....enikk ithu kaanumbo chiru ine aanu ooravarunne...hahaha...:rock::rock:

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 04:59 PM
Koppaanu.. 3 Idiots pole thanne.. Flaws undenkilum it's a good movie.. Though not xceptional.. Karan joharil ninnum ottum pratheekshikkatha movie aanu :coolguy:
BTW DP :lol:

Maharshi Mathews
23rd February 2010, 05:05 PM
Koppaanu.. 3 Idiots pole thanne.. Flaws undenkilum it's a good movie.. Though not xceptional.. Karan joharil ninnum ottum pratheekshikkatha movie aanu :coolguy:
BTW DP :lol:

Njn last week kandu ithu, padam tharakkedilla athra thanne. 2nd half engottokkeyo pokunnu:karakkam: SRK idakkide ovr aayelum moshamillathe cheythittundu:emo: kajol:rock: Karan Johar :rock:

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 05:24 PM
Njn last week kandu ithu, padam tharakkedilla athra thanne. 2nd half engottokkeyo pokunnu:karakkam: SRK idakkide ovr aayelum moshamillathe cheythittundu:emo: kajol:rock: Karan Johar :rock:
Evide aanu over aayathu?

Maharshi Mathews
23rd February 2010, 05:37 PM
Evide aanu over aayathu?

evideyokkeyo aaya pole enikku thonni. asperger's syndrome ulla orale njn neril kandittilla, ini athondaakuo enthoo:nakku:

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 05:39 PM
evideyokkeyo aaya pole enikku thonni. asperger's syndrome ulla orale njn neril kandittilla, ini athondaakuo enthoo:nakku:
:wink:
AFAIK njan nokkiyittu almost ellam accurate aayittu cheythittundu.. Palarum paranju kettu OK, chila sthalathu over aayi ennokke.. Enthu basisil aanennu aarum parayunnumilla.. Athukondu chodichenne ullu..:)

Maharshi Mathews
23rd February 2010, 05:41 PM
:wink:
AFAIK njan nokkiyittu almost ellam accurate aayittu cheythittundu.. Palarum paranju kettu OK, chila sthalathu over aayi ennokke.. Enthu basisil aanennu aarum parayunnumilla.. Athukondu chodichenne ullu..:)

lappadiya :party:
tere naina song :kayyadi:

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 05:43 PM
lappadiya :party:
tere naina song :kayyadi:
:kayyadi: :kayyadi:

Antony Moses
23rd February 2010, 06:10 PM
chilark appozhum natellila.. they claim they are not fans yet :rofl::rofl:
:nirtheda: :topicsucks:

(Udambadi pokkikaanikkunnu :biggrin:)

lalistheonlySuperStar
23rd February 2010, 08:26 PM
MNIK is going to be a flop :ennekollu:

Sootran
23rd February 2010, 08:27 PM

nee oru 101 tengayum odachu oru 3 round shayana pradakshinavum koode nadathu litose ...

~Saji~
23rd February 2010, 08:28 PM

MNIK flop aavaathathil ithra vishamam aayo LITOSe....ellaadivasavum same post aanallo..:)

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 08:56 AM
My Name Is Khan grosses Rs 1.50 billion worldwide in 10 days

MUMBAI: My Name is Khan has done a gross business of Rs 1.50 billion (Rs 150 crore) at the worldwide box office in ten days.

The movie starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol is directed by Karan Johar and distributed by Fox Star Studios.

The film is already the biggest Bollywood film of all time within 10 days in the UAE, South Africa, Holland, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, East & West Africa, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Mauritius.

In the Middle East, the film has not only smashed all existing Bollywood records within 10 days, but even beaten the Fox Searchlight's previous highest grosser Slumdog Millionaire in Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE and Egypt.

Empire International Middle East head Mario Haddad said, "The film has incredible legs. The drop in the second week is less than 10%. We expect it to have a long run here. Due to the demand, we are opening in Jordan, Lebanon and Syria on March 10."

In the UK, the film has become the fastest film to cross GBP 2 million, managing the feat within just 11 days. The strong run in UK continues even in the second week, and is on its way to breaking the all-time record K3G in the UK within the coming week.

In the US & Canada, MNIK is the highest grossing SRK film of all time.

Fox Star Studios India CEO Vijay Singh said, "We are delighted to be entering this elite group with our first major Bollywood venture. The film was created for a global audience and continues to break records worldwide. It is truly proving to be India's first global Bollywood film."

My Name Is Khan grosses Rs 1.50 billion worldwide in 10 days :: Businessofcinema.com - India's No 1 Cinema Business News and Information Portal (http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=15514)

critic
24th February 2010, 10:49 AM
My Name plays on but Idiots shifts bar
SAMYABRATA RAY GOSWAMIhttp://www.telegraphindia.com/1100224/images/24srk.jpg Shah Rukh Khan
Mumbai, Feb. 23: The numbers are still being crunched but the verdict appears to be out: Rancho is far ahead of Rizwan.
In its second week, Shah Rukh Khan’s My Name is Khan, dogged by pre-release controversies which many now say helped the film get the huge initial, is finding it difficult to meet the standard set by rival Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots.
The latest figures suggest that the total domestic and international collections of MNIK are likely to touch Rs 160-175 crore, which, distributors pointed out, was a substantial amount. 3 Idiots, which earned Rs 385 crore, raised the bar to an extent which others could find hard to emulate.
MNIK, in which SRK plays Rizwan Khan, a victim of religious hostility in post-9/11 America, raked in Rs 150 crore globally at the end of the first 10 days.
In contrast, 3 Idiots — in which Aamir played a classroom genius called Rancho — notched up Rs 240 crore in the same period.
Exhibitors pointed out that 3 Idiots continued to lord over multiplex show listings even after the first two weeks of its release.
On the other hand, My Name is Khan will have to vacate prime slots to the Farhan Akhtar-Deepika Padukone flick Karthik Calling Karthik when it releases this Friday.
“Karthik… will be released on the same day as the Amitabh Bachchan-Ben Kingsley thriller Teen Patti. Both are expected to generate big footfalls at the plexes. My Name is Khan collections are trickling and theatre occupancy is as low as 25 per cent, so we will move it to free prime slots for Karthik…” said Vishal Kapoor, chief operating officer of Cinemax, a plex chain in Mumbai.
According to figures published by the online trade tracker boxofficeindia.com, My Name is Khan, which collected a little over Rs 46 crore in the first week across India, is expected to rake in Rs 16-17 crore in the second week taking the total domestic net collection to about Rs 62-63 crore.
3 Idiots, the biggest Indian grosser so far, netted Rs 79 crore in the first week and another Rs 55 crore in the second week in the domestic circuit.
“In all, My Name is Khan’s lifetime collections in the Indian market may total around Rs 70 crore. If they are lucky, they can hitch it up to Rs 75 crore, the figure that every Bollywood superhit aspires for,” said trade expert Komal Nahata.
For single-screen theatres in Mumbai at least, this is the final week for MNIK. “It will be curtains for My Name is Khan in single-screen theatres,” said a PVR executive.
So, even if it makes it to the coveted Rs 75 crore mark in the domestic market, MNIK will still lag behind Shah Rukh’s last big release, Om Shanti Om (2007), which grossed Rs 79 crore.
If it does make the grade, it will be pegged at the sixth spot among all top Bollywood grossers, without adjusting for inflation.

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 10:51 AM
My Name plays on but Idiots shifts bar
SAMYABRATA RAY GOSWAMIhttp://www.telegraphindia.com/1100224/images/24srk.jpg Shah Rukh Khan
Mumbai, Feb. 23: The numbers are still being crunched but the verdict appears to be out: Rancho is far ahead of Rizwan.
In its second week, Shah Rukh Khan’s My Name is Khan, dogged by pre-release controversies which many now say helped the film get the huge initial, is finding it difficult to meet the standard set by rival Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots.
The latest figures suggest that the total domestic and international collections of MNIK are likely to touch Rs 160-175 crore, which, distributors pointed out, was a substantial amount. 3 Idiots, which earned Rs 385 crore, raised the bar to an extent which others could find hard to emulate.
MNIK, in which SRK plays Rizwan Khan, a victim of religious hostility in post-9/11 America, raked in Rs 150 crore globally at the end of the first 10 days.
In contrast, 3 Idiots — in which Aamir played a classroom genius called Rancho — notched up Rs 240 crore in the same period.
Exhibitors pointed out that 3 Idiots continued to lord over multiplex show listings even after the first two weeks of its release.
On the other hand, My Name is Khan will have to vacate prime slots to the Farhan Akhtar-Deepika Padukone flick Karthik Calling Karthik when it releases this Friday.
“Karthik… will be released on the same day as the Amitabh Bachchan-Ben Kingsley thriller Teen Patti. Both are expected to generate big footfalls at the plexes. My Name is Khan collections are trickling and theatre occupancy is as low as 25 per cent, so we will move it to free prime slots for Karthik…” said Vishal Kapoor, chief operating officer of Cinemax, a plex chain in Mumbai.
According to figures published by the online trade tracker boxofficeindia.com, My Name is Khan, which collected a little over Rs 46 crore in the first week across India, is expected to rake in Rs 16-17 crore in the second week taking the total domestic net collection to about Rs 62-63 crore.
3 Idiots, the biggest Indian grosser so far, netted Rs 79 crore in the first week and another Rs 55 crore in the second week in the domestic circuit.
“In all, My Name is Khan’s lifetime collections in the Indian market may total around Rs 70 crore. If they are lucky, they can hitch it up to Rs 75 crore, the figure that every Bollywood superhit aspires for,” said trade expert Komal Nahata.
For single-screen theatres in Mumbai at least, this is the final week for MNIK. “It will be curtains for My Name is Khan in single-screen theatres,” said a PVR executive.
So, even if it makes it to the coveted Rs 75 crore mark in the domestic market, MNIK will still lag behind Shah Rukh’s last big release, Om Shanti Om (2007), which grossed Rs 79 crore.
If it does make the grade, it will be pegged at the sixth spot among all top Bollywood grossers, without adjusting for inflation.

Thanks anna! Aamir :salute:

So single screen releases were indeed there in Mumbai...

Neelan
24th February 2010, 10:51 AM
I dont think this filim has the substance go for long run like 3 idiots . Yes its a good plot but its a one time watch ....not more than that and the reviews gonna hit em bad this week so it will be a good grosser but not goin to over take idiots !

critic
24th February 2010, 10:56 AM
Then there is this report from IBOS but I feel this site is completely biased against SRK. From day 1, they have been at routing MNIK (or atleast one gets a feeling like that). They are calling it a flop. I think this is way over the top.

Box Office: MNIK down and out in India, crashes in America also; Teen Patti next
Monday, February 22, 2010

Leaving trade publicists spinning further, MNIK crashed by around 70% again over its 2nd weekend. In India, the film could barely net over 8 crores; helped comparatively by Mumbai's 65% crash compared to the blowout in places like Indore (on a 80%+ nosedive) in middle India. The film generally has been in relapse since opening Monday. Even where its not a washout the drops have been huge. At this point, My Name Is Khan is looking at a 55-60 crore run at the end in the country and a boatload of losses.

Outside India, if the hopes were to compensate the losses in India with a Slumdog Millionaire type run overseas, that is not going to happen. My Name Is Khan has crashed in USA also dropping over 64% in its 2nd weekend. Never mind Slumdog Millionaire, it won't be able to catch 3 Idiots from bollywood itself overseas. And the irony is 3 Idiots was set in India not San Francisco. UK's heavy muslim/Pakistani population supported MNIK better with drop of around 50% but in the end this segment won't be nearly enough.

Overall the 100 crore film needing 250 crore gross revenues for the distributor has come out cropper and will be a major loser. The optimistic estimates are losses of 15-20 crores. With the release of Amitabh Bachchan's Teen Patti and Karthik calling Karthik, followed by the likes of Athithi Kab Jaoge the chances for My Name Is Khan are pretty much over. Suffice to say Fox International will not be burning its hands on Shah Rukh Khan or 'My Name is Khan' type cinema anytime soon.

Last week's Tabu starrer Toh Baat Pakki couldn't make much head way either, opening at 5% and staying thereabouts. 'Click' too is not faring well, both look to end up under 2 crores.

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 10:57 AM
Curious to see there was indeed release in Pakistan :alochana:

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:00 AM
YEs there was...

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:01 AM
Critic anna pls don't post IBOS report.. They're big tym SRK bashers and 0% credible..

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:02 AM
Critic anna pls don't post IBOS report.. They're big tym SRK bashers and 0% credible..

So only SRK lovers' stuff be posted?? Ithenthu nyayam, ithenthu neethi, ithenthenthu.....

Bean
24th February 2010, 11:02 AM

www.outlookindia.com | The Mirror Is Watching
(http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?264316)

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:07 AM
So only SRK lovers' stuff be posted?? ithenthu nyayam, ithenthu neethi, ithenthenthu.....
Njan ningalodonnum paranjillallo? I requested him... that's all.. They always write filthy articles about SRK... :x

Bean
24th February 2010, 11:08 AM
Njan ningalodonnum paranjillallo? I requested him... that's all.. They always write filthy articles about SRK... :x

Germany, Poland B.O collection reports onnum kanunnillallo... :lol:

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:09 AM
www.outlookindia.com | The Mirror Is Watching
(http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?264316)
Thanks Beans anna...

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:10 AM

My Name Is Khan grosses Rs 1.50 billion worldwide in 10 days :: Businessofcinema.com - India's No 1 Cinema Business News and Information Portal (http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=15514)

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:11 AM
Sathyathinde montha eppazhum vikrathamanu.. it is filthy you see.. :lol:

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:12 AM

"The film will release in Poland next month in 50 screens whereas the largest Bollywood release that has happened so far has released in five screens. And then, we will be releasing at Germany where we will be doing a German dub and aTurkish dub."

Bean
24th February 2010, 11:14 AM
Njan Germany & Poland specific ayittu chodhichathau.. Avide ulla natives SRK fans anennalle paranjirunnathu...? :lol:

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:15 AM
Ningalodu onnum parayaanilla.. They always write derogatory articles with false info.. Healthy critisms are OK..

Bean
"The film will release in Poland next month in 50 screens whereas the largest Bollywood release that has happened so far has released in five screens. And then, we will be releasing at Germany where we will be doing a German dub and aTurkish dub."

PazhassiRaja Telugu , Hindi & English pole avathirunnal mathi...:lol:

Antony Moses
HaKu, oru doubt, ee Germanyulum, Polandilum, denmarkilum, Switzerlandilum okke ethra gross collection vannu??

Avidonum orikalum Bolly films release aakarilalo, appo pinne aadyamayittu release aavumbo thanne "Biggest grossing ever" enokke parayunath virodhabasamalle??

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:17 AM
:ennekollu:

GAMFIannan ithokke kandirunnel Bhutanilum Myanmarilum Sikkimilum okke release cheythene... "Biggest ever grossing Malayalam movie in Bhutan, Burma, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh" enokke kaachamayirunnu....

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:18 AM
Ningalodu onnum parayaanilla.. They always write derogatory articles with false info.. Healthy critisms are OK..
Ee 50 screens enokke parayumbo oru average malayalam padathinde athrem release stations aanalo... :lol: So Polandilokke athrem hindi kaanunnavar undalle?

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:19 AM
Ningalkku venda utharam kittiyallo? :peace:

HaKu, oru doubt, ee Germanyulum, Polandilum, denmarkilum, Switzerlandilum okke ethra gross collection vannu??

Avidonum orikalum Bolly films release aakarilalo, appo pinne aadyamayittu release aavumbo thanne "Biggest grossing ever" enokke parayunath virodhabasamalle??
Haha :lol: Bhayankara kandupiditham thanne.. Aviduthekku ithokke engane ariyam?
Germanyil okke big releases ellam undavarundu AFAIK..

And i dunno about collection..

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:19 AM
Ee 50 screens enokke parayumbo oru average malayalam padathinde athrem release stations aanalo... :lol: So Polandilokke athrem hindi kaanunnavar undalle?
Poland population - 3.8 crores
Keralam population - 3.2 crores

=)) =))

Saroj Kumar
24th February 2010, 11:20 AM
Ennaalum onja prithviye kaalum bedhamanau. Koppan jaada raju :puke: :puke: :puke:

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:21 AM
Ningalkku venda utharam kittiyallo? :peace:

Haha :lol: Bhayankara kandupiditham thanne.. Aviduthekku ithokke engane ariyam?
Germanyil okke big releases ellam undavarundu AFAIK..

And i dunno about collection..
Collection FOXinu polum ariyilla... :lol: :lol:

50 screens polum :puker: Ororo gundugal padachu vidum... vellam thodathe vizhungunna kore SRKunikalum....

Hari Kuttan

GAMFIannan ithokke kandirunnel Bhutanilum Myanmarilum Sikkimilum okke release cheythene... "Biggest ever grossing Malayalam movie in Bhutan, Burma, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh" enokke kaachamayirunnu....
:yawn:

Njan kanakkeduthittilla.. Pinne ivide kanda allu arjun padangal okke odi thakarkunnille? athu ivide telunganmar undayittano?

Antony Moses
Ennaalum onja prithviye kaalum bedhamanau. Koppan jaada raju :puke: :puke: :puke:
:lol: :salute:

(Anna check PM btw)

Saroj Kumar
24th February 2010, 11:22 AM

50 screens polum :puker: Ororo gundugal padachu vidum... vellam thodathe vizhungunna kore SRKunikalum....
Njangalu vizhungikkolaam. Vizhungi dahikkaathe vanna nerannu ninnu ingerude methottallo njangalu vaalu veykkunne, ithra maathram denna pedaaan :puke: :puke:

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:22 AM
:yawn:

Njan kanakkeduthittilla.. Pinne ivide kanda allu arjun padangal okke odi thakarkunnille? athu ivide telunganmar undayittano?

SRK appo Allu Arjun level aanalle??? :lol:

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:23 AM
Njangalu vizhungikkolaam. Vizhungi dahikkaathe vanna nerannu ninnu ingerude methottallo njangalu vaalu veykkunne, ithra maathram denna pedaaan :puke: :puke:
:silenced:

Saroj Kumar
24th February 2010, 11:24 AM

Jada Raju ethra sramichittum keralathil Allu Arjunu ulla support polum kittunnillallo :lol:

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:26 AM
Jada Raju ethra sramichittum keralathil Allu Arjunu ulla support polum kittunnillallo :lol:
:lol: Anna u are barking up the wrong tree...

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:26 AM
Poland population - 3.8 crores
Keralam population - 3.2 crores
3.8 crores? :roll:
=)) =))

Oro sthalathe collectionum murakku thankale ariyikkanam ennu fox vakku thannittonnum illallo :puker:

Pinne so far germanyilum polandilum onnum valiya reethiyil release undayittilla.. 5 theatreile collection okkeyavum aazchathorum declare cheyyendathu.. Pinne.. Eni undavumo illayo ennullathu appo kaanam.. Ningalkku urapponnumillallo?

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:27 AM

It's obvious what you're upto, so bye...

critic
24th February 2010, 11:28 AM
I think what is belivable is that MNIK has grossed 150 cr in 10 days including domestic and overseas. Domestic seems to be close to 50 crores in this.

Whether or not its a loosing proposition for Fox, I am not sure but its for surely behind 3I (240 cr in 10 days). I think the Telegraph report below is a kind of best analysis available.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | <I>My Name </I>plays on but <I>Idiots </I>shifts bar (http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100224/jsp/nation/story_12144926.jsp)

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:28 AM
Oro sthalathe collectionum murakku thankale ariyikkanam ennu fox vakku thannittonnum illallo :puker:

Pinne so far germanyilum polandilum onnum valiya reethiyil release undayittilla.. 5 theatreile collection okkeyavum aazchathorum declare cheyyendathu.. Pinne.. Eni undavumo illayo ennullathu appo kaanam.. Ningalkku urapponnumillallo?
mathi athumathi... So ee reports oke ethratholam vishwasaneeyamanenu manasilayi.. :rockit:

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:29 AM
mathi athumathi... So ee reports oke ethratholam vishwasaneeyamanenu manasilayi.. :rockit:
Owwa.. Onnu irangi taramo.. :x

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:35 AM
I think what is belivable is that MNIK has grossed 150 cr in 10 days including domestic and overseas. Domestic seems to be close to 50 crores in this.

Whether or not its a loosing proposition for Fox, I am not sure but its for surely behind 3I (240 cr in 10 days). I think the Telegraph report below is a kind of best analysis available.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | <I>My Name </I>plays on but <I>Idiots </I>shifts bar (http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100224/jsp/nation/story_12144926.jsp)

That's obvious.. :roll: But why do you think that it's a losing proposition for fox?

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:36 AM
Owwa.. Onnu irangi taramo.. :x

Oru doubt koodi.

Fox distrinution eduthathu 100 croresnalle? So P & P engineyum oru 15-20 crores aayitundavanam

So 120 crores thirichu pidikkan, atleast oru 240 crores gross engilum vende? (50% distri share)

Ithu max poyal 175 ethumennalle?

Saroj Kumar
24th February 2010, 11:38 AM
:lol: Anna u are barking up the wrong tree...
Jaada Rajuvinte support ippo SRK hater aayo :lol: Athum blind hatred :ayye:

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:39 AM
Jaada Rajuvinte support ippo SRK hater aayo :lol: Athum blind hatred :ayye:
:lee: Njan Prthvi fan alla..... SRK haterum alla.

Saroj Kumar
24th February 2010, 11:40 AM
Sathyam angeekarikkaanulla dhairyam polumille :kiki:

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:41 AM
Oru doubt koodi.

Fox distrinution eduthathu 100 croresnalle? So P & P engineyum oru 15-20 crores aayitundavanam

So 120 crores thirichu pidikkan, atleast oru 240 crores gross engilum vende? (50% distri share)

Ithu max poyal 175 ethumennalle?

Ivide articles postumbo choriyunna tirakkilanallo eman.. So athonnum kandu kanilla :puker:
100 crores ennu vechal fox mathramalla.. Franchisee (Reebok), Music (5 cr+ Sony) etc athil pedum.. And that too is not made (100 crores) offical i think...

Pinne 175 aano 200 aano ennokke vazhiye ariyaam.. Ororutharum oro figures parayum.. It's better to wait and see... Anyway it's a profitable venture for Fox AFAIK..

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:42 AM
Sathyam angeekarikkaanulla dhairyam polumille :kiki:
Sathyam ullathanengi angeekaricha pore... :choolam:

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:42 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:43 AM
Ivide articles postumbo choriyunna tirakkilanallo eman.. So athonnum kandu kanilla :puker:
100 crores ennu vechal fox mathramalla.. Franchisee (Reebok), Music (5 cr+ Sony) etc athil pedum.. And that too is not made (100 crores) offical i think...

Pinne 175 aano 200 aano ennokke vazhiye ariyaam.. Ororutharum oro figures parayum.. It's better to wait and see... Anyway it's a profitable venture for Fox AFAIK..

:laugh: Budget kuranju varigayanallo... Mamunnigal style.. :laugh:

Saroj Kumar
24th February 2010, 11:46 AM
Sathyam ullathanengi angeekaricha pore... :choolam:
Athippo premam friendship aanu ennu parayunna pole, azhimathi nadathiyittilla ennu raashtreeya nethakkal parayunna pole okkeye ullu achuthante parachilum :read:

Hari Kuttan
:laugh: Budget kuranju varigayanallo... Mamunnigal style.. :laugh:
Budget is just 30 crores approx.. Fox 100 croresinu medichu ennaanu parayapedunnathu.. Pinne BOIile articleine base cheythaanu paranjathu:

Q. Will My Name Is Khan recover its 95-100 crore price tag for Fox?
A. The 100 crore price includes music rights which have been taken by Sony. The Fox investment is around 90-95 crore which will be recovered as theatres worldwide will give around 70 crore and the balance should be earned from other revenue sources.

Bean
Ithinte publicity valare massive scale -il thanne ayirunnallo.. HBO, Star almost all 24X7 channels and many other channels -il publicity & Promotion undayirunnallo.. Appol ithu thanne valare valiya oru amount ayittundavum...

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:47 AM
Budget is just 30 crores approx.. Fox 100 croresinu medichu ennaanu parayapedunnathu.. Pinne BOIile articleine base cheythaanu paranjathu:

Q. Will My Name Is Khan recover its 95-100 crore price tag for Fox?
A. The 100 crore price includes music rights which have been taken by Sony. The Fox investment is around 90-95 crore which will be recovered as theatres worldwide will give around 70 crore and the balance should be earned from other revenue sources.

Eggjactly... :nallatha:

So 20 crores okke shambo mahadevayanalle? Pinne P & P cost onnum ithil included allalo...

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:53 AM
Ithinte publicity valare massive scale -il thanne ayirunnallo.. HBO, Star almost all 24X7 channels and many other channels -il publicity & Promotion undayirunnallo.. Appol ithu thanne valare valiya oru amount ayittundavum...

Eggjactly... :nallatha:

So 20 crores okke shambo mahadevayanalle? Pinne P & P cost onnum ithil included allalo...
No idea...

Lets c.. Other sources ennu parayumbo Frachisee-l ninnokke kurach revenue undavum.. Theatre run complete cheyyathe parayan okkillallo...

double chankan
24th February 2010, 09:55 PM

ayyo.. ithippozha kandath :ennekollu: :ennekollu:

Hari Kuttan
24th February 2010, 11:08 PM
My Name is Khan
Rated M
Review by Margaret Pomeranz

MY NAME IS KHAN is a Indian film that we didn’t review when it was first released because there were no previews. It’s had a simultaneous release around the world and is breaking box office records for a Hindi film.

Set mainly in America where Rizwan Khan – played by Bollywood superstar SHAHRUKH KHAN – moved with his mother to live with his brother. Rizwan is autistic, he has Asperger’s Syndrome but that doesn’t prevent him establishing a lovely relationship with single mother Mandira – Kajol…

The film is nearly three hours long, with a ten minute intermission. The first part is really the romance that develops between Rizwan and Mandira, the second part moves into darker territory as Rizwan, a Muslim, and his family experience the backlash caused by 9/11.

Directed by the very successful Karan Johar, the film is shamelessly manipulative, a real tear jerker, it certainly jerked them out of me. Kajol is lovely as Mandira and Shahrukh Khan is affecting as the Asperger’s-affected hero on a mission to meet the President of the United States.

It is very like Forrest Gump; its message, which is that people are either good or bad, regardless of their ethnicity or religion, comes through loud and clear. The music, such a feature of Indian cinema is terrific, is largely on the soundtrack, with no big song and dance numbers.

I’d give the film 3½ stars

At the Movies: My Name is Khan (http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s2824439.htm)

Antony Moses
24th February 2010, 11:17 PM
ayyo.. ithippozha kandath :ennekollu: :ennekollu:
:toilet: :toilet: :poda:

Hari Kuttan
25th February 2010, 11:28 AM
lwfNWvoxgUE

Hari Kuttan
25th February 2010, 08:41 PM
MY NAME IS KHAN continues to dominate the international charts. The combined total from key international markets [see details below], at the end of 10 days, is approx. Rs. 46.25 crores.

Weekend: February 19 - 21, 2010.

U.K. BOX-OFFICE

Note:- Collections of several films are unavailable. Hence, this list is incomplete.

MY NAME IS KHAN [last weekend: No. 6, this weekend: No. 9]: In its second weekend, the film has collected £ 4,48,747 on 91 screens, with the per screen average working out to £ 4,931. Total: £ 19,60,349 [approx. Rs. 14.05 crores].

U.S.A. BOX-OFFICE

MY NAME IS KHAN [last weekend: No. 13, this weekend: No. 17]: In its second weekend, the film has collected $ 7,00,885 on 125 screens, with the per screen average working out to $ 5,607. Total: $ 32,53,168 [approx. Rs. 15.01 crores].

3 IDIOTS [last weekend: No. 47, this weekend: No. 57]: In its ninth weekend, the film has collected $ 14,530 on 22 screens, with the per screen average working out to $ 660. Total: $ 65,23,137 [approx. Rs. 30.10 crores].

AUSTRALIA BOX-OFFICE

MY NAME IS KHAN [last weekend: No. 10, this weekend: No. 15]: In its second weekend, the film has collected Aus. $ 1,73,846 on 37 screens, with the per screen average working out to Aus. $ 4,699. Total: Aus. $ 7,62,584 [approx. Rs. 3.17 crores].

OTHER KEY MARKETS

Singapore: USD $ 3,01,094 [approx. Rs. 1.39 crores]
Pakistan: USD $ 3,65,298 [approx. Rs. 1.68 crores]
East and West Africa: USD $ 1,65,260 [approx. Rs. 76.22 lacs]
Middle East Markets: USD $ 2.21 million [approx. Rs. 10.19 crores]

Overseas Box Office :2010-02-24 08:02:39 (http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/overseas_boxoffice/index.html)

double chankan
26th February 2010, 11:46 PM
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c54102/x2_c00e86

cinebuff
26th February 2010, 11:47 PM
Innu Achu HK Fight ille ivide??? :puker::puker:

Antony Moses
26th February 2010, 11:57 PM
MY NAME IS KHAN continues to dominate the international charts. The combined total from key international markets [see details below], at the end of 10 days, is approx. Rs. 46.25 crores.

Weekend: February 19 - 21, 2010.

U.K. BOX-OFFICE

Note:- Collections of several films are unavailable. Hence, this list is incomplete.

MY NAME IS KHAN [last weekend: No. 6, this weekend: No. 9]: In its second weekend, the film has collected £ 4,48,747 on 91 screens, with the per screen average working out to £ 4,931. Total: £ 19,60,349 [approx. Rs. 14.05 crores].

U.S.A. BOX-OFFICE

MY NAME IS KHAN [last weekend: No. 13, this weekend: No. 17]: In its second weekend, the film has collected $ 7,00,885 on 125 screens, with the per screen average working out to $ 5,607. Total: $ 32,53,168 [approx. Rs. 15.01 crores].

3 IDIOTS [last weekend: No. 47, this weekend: No. 57]: In its ninth weekend, the film has collected $ 14,530 on 22 screens, with the per screen average working out to $ 660. Total: $ 65,23,137 [approx. Rs. 30.10 crores].

AUSTRALIA BOX-OFFICE

MY NAME IS KHAN [last weekend: No. 10, this weekend: No. 15]: In its second weekend, the film has collected Aus. $ 1,73,846 on 37 screens, with the per screen average working out to Aus. $ 4,699. Total: Aus. $ 7,62,584 [approx. Rs. 3.17 crores].

OTHER KEY MARKETS

Singapore: USD $ 3,01,094 [approx. Rs. 1.39 crores]
Pakistan: USD $ 3,65,298 [approx. Rs. 1.68 crores]
East and West Africa: USD $ 1,65,260 [approx. Rs. 76.22 lacs]
Middle East Markets: USD $ 2.21 million [approx. Rs. 10.19 crores]

Overseas Box Office :2010-02-24 08:02:39 (http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/overseas_boxoffice/index.html)
Polandil ethre collect cheythu HariKutta? :pavam:

cinebuff
26th February 2010, 11:59 PM
Haavu Raksha pettu....

veendum Lisa.....

Antony Moses
27th February 2010, 12:04 AM
:giggle:

Overseas collection 46 kodi. Domestic kashtipushti 80 crores.

Aake motham total 126 kodi, padathinde vedi ethand theerukem cheythu...

Kanakkonnum shariyavunillalo koya.. kandittu ithoru 40-45 crores distributor loss konduvarunna lakshanamanallo... :enthottu:

cinebuff
27th February 2010, 12:07 AM
:giggle:

Overseas collection 46 kodi. Domestic kashtipushti 80 crores.

Aake motham total 126 kodi, padathinde vedi ethand theerukem cheythu...

Kanakkonnum shariyavunillalo koya.. kandittu ithoru 40-45 crores distributor loss konduvarunna lakshanamanallo... :enthottu:

Achu mama aa paavam payyane vittekku... avan valla cerelac um kazhichu kidannotte.... :lock:

Hari Kuttan
28th February 2010, 09:38 PM
The second week collections of My Name Is Khan have come in higher than earlier estimates. The collections are 17.97 crore nett. Below are territory breakdowns. The two week total is 64 crore nett approx with a distributor share of 34 crore.

Mumbai - 6.78 crore
Delhi/UP - 4.02 crore
East Punjab - 1.51 crore
West Bengal - 1.20 crore
Bihar - 23 lakhs
CP Berar - 56 lakhs
CI - 49 lakhs
Rajasthan - 66 lakhs
Nizam - 97 lakhs
Mysore - 1.04 crore
Others - 52 lakhs
TOTAL - 17.97 crore
http://boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=1558&nCat=news

Hari Kuttan
28th February 2010, 09:40 PM
My Name Is Khan Second Week Collections Major Centres
Saturday 27th February 2010 23.00 IST
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

My Name Is Khan (Second Week)

Mumbai/Thane - 3.07 crore from 94 cinemas

Ahmedabad - 63 lakhs from 25 cinemas

Surat - 21 lakhs from 6 cinemas

Baroda - 23 lakhs from 8 cinemas

Bharuch - 3.25 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Nadiad - 3 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Rajkot - 9 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Jamnagar - 3 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Nasik - 11 lakhs from 7 cinemas

Goa - 12 lakhs from 5 cinemas

Belgaum - 3.50 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Delhi - 2.45 crore from 37 cinemas

Noida - 28 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Ghaziabad - 35 lakhs from 14 cinemas

Lucknow - 24 lakhs from 7 cinemas

Kanpur - 15 lakhs from 5 cinemas

Agra - 10.50 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Allahabad - 3.50 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Aligarh - 4.50 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Gorakhpur - 3.75 lakhs from 1 cinema

Gurgaon - 42 lakhs from 8 cinemas

Faridabad - 23 lakhs from 9 cinemas

Panipat - 3.75 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Kolkata - 1.13 crore from 48 cinemas

Nagpur - 19.50 lakhs from 8 cinemas

Raipur - 9 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Jabalpur - 6 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Amravati - 3 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Indore - 22 lakhs from 9 cinemas

Bhopal - 11 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Gwalior - 7 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Jaipur - 37 lakhs from 12 cinemas

Ajmer - 4.25 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Hyderabad - 61 lakhs from 16 cinemas

Aurangabad - 10 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Bangalore - 95 lakhs from 18 cinemas

Mangalore - 8 lakhs from 1 cinema

BoxOffice India.com (http://boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=1561&nCat=news)

Antony Moses
28th February 2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks HaKu... No surprises.

Hari Kuttan
28th February 2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks HaKu... No surprises.
Surprise undavanum mathram onnum undayillallo? :roll:

Still it's higher than previous estimates.. Athu thanne valiya karyam.. Nyways eniyippo adhikakalam undavaan chanceilla.. nokkam.. :roll:

Sree
28th February 2010, 09:52 PM

Still it's higher than previous estimates.. Athu thanne valiya karyam.. Nyways eniyippo adhikakalam undavaan chanceilla.. nokkam.. :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Antony Moses
28th February 2010, 09:54 PM

Ok so net distri share max 70-75 alle kaanu?

In a way good because I believe it was overvalued at 100 crores for a hindi movie.. 3 I okke rarest of rare types aanu...

Hari Kuttan
28th February 2010, 10:00 PM
Ok so net distri share max 70-75 alle kaanu?

In a way good because I believe it was overvalued at 100 crores for a hindi movie.. 3 I okke rarest of rare types aanu...
Yeah.. :) Abt distri share - i dunno..

Jeff
28th February 2010, 10:01 PM
^^ 100 crores is easily recoverable. 75 cr would be net from theatres .. then comes rights etc .. which would add up to 100

Kannettan
28th February 2010, 10:01 PM
aamir filmte collection recordine thakarkkam ennokke ullathe verum vyamohangal mathram

Antony Moses
28th February 2010, 10:05 PM
^^ 100 crores is easily recoverable. 75 cr would be net from theatres .. then comes rights etc .. which would add up to 100
Don't think rights etc will fetch more than at max 15-18 crores.

Also 70 crores is a very liberal estimate.. Home collection is only 34 crores share, so overseas okke ethre varumavo...

Sree

:haha::haha::haha:

Hari Kuttan
90-95 cr. aanu foxinte approx investment.. Yes.. 20 crores okke rightsum franchisee okke aayi recover cheyyendathaanu...

aamir filmte collection recordine thakarkkam ennokke ullathe verum vyamohangal mathram
3 Idiotsinde record indiayil thakarkkilla ennu sure aayirunnu.. Pinne worldwide collectionil aanu aake oru pratheeksha undayirunnath..

Antony Moses
28th February 2010, 10:13 PM
90-95 cr. aanu foxinte approx investment.. Yes.. 20 crores okke rightsum franchisee okke aayi recover cheyyendathaanu...

3 Idiotsinde record indiayil thakarkkilla ennu sure aayirunnu.. Pinne worldwide collectionil aanu aake oru pratheeksha undayirunnath..
NM namukku Don 2il edukkam... Farhan alle!... :nallatha:

Hari Kuttan
28th February 2010, 10:18 PM
NM namukku Don 2il edukkam... Farhan alle!... :nallatha:
NM enthuvaa :smoke:
BTW Don 2 valiya hit avumennu pratheekshayilla.. Don thanne oru hit mathram aayirunnu.. Initial undavum.. But superhit levelil ethumo ennu kandariyanam.. :blush: Yes.. Qualitywise ithavana Doninekkal nannakum ennu pratheekshikkunnu.. Farhan.. :rockit:

Ra.one-il ichiroode pratheekshayund.. Krrish pole oru valiya hit aayekkum.. But director anubhav sinha aanu.. Padamokke kanakayirikkum.. :smoke:

Antony Moses
28th February 2010, 10:23 PM
NM enthuvaa :smoke:
BTW Don 2 valiya hit avumennu pratheekshayilla.. Don thanne oru hit mathram aayirunnu.. Initial undavum.. But superhit levelil ethumo ennu kandariyanam.. :blush: Yes.. Qualitywise ithavana Doninekkal nannakum ennu pratheekshikkunnu.. Farhan.. :rockit:

Ra.one-il ichiroode pratheekshayund.. Krrish pole oru valiya hit aayekkum.. But director anubhav sinha aanu.. Padamokke kanakayirikkum.. :smoke:
RaOne Krish style ano? Engi "hoodibaba" poleyavum.. :enthottu:

Don was the most technically perfect movie I've ever seen in Bolly cinema. Thakarppan.. Urappanu Don 2 kidukkum.. Don 1 ile oru negative climaxil villian jayikunu ennathayirunu.. was too much a shocker..

Pankajakshan
28th February 2010, 10:26 PM
:( :( :(

Hari Kuttan
28th February 2010, 10:27 PM
RaOne Krish style ano? Engi "hoodibaba" poleyavum.. :enthottu:
:lol: Enikkum aa pediyillathillaa.. Cash ennu paranja oru alavaladhi padam edutha aalanu ee sinha annan :pray: (Pinne Dus'um)

Don was the most technically perfect movie I've ever seen in Bolly cinema. Thakarppan.. Urappanu Don 2 kidukkum.. Don 1 ile oru negative climaxil villian jayikunu ennathayirunu.. was too much a shocker..[/QUOTE]
Sherikkum.. Technically perfect, slick.. Climax twist was really a shocker.. I think comparisons with the original and relatively poor critical reception ruined the movie.. :(

Ithavana kalakkum - SRK full time villian roleil.. Farhan thakarkkum.. :rockit:

Hari Kuttan
28th February 2010, 10:29 PM
:( :( :(
http://thecrazychimp.com/samclan.com/Smileys/smilies_smf/console.gif

Jeff
28th February 2010, 11:20 PM
:haha::haha::haha:

Entha oru chiri. SRK filmnu 25 crs rights kittillenno? :p

Yes. :kayyadi:

Hari Kuttan
28th February 2010, 11:22 PM
Entha oru chiri. SRK filmnu 25 crs rights kittillenno? :p

Yes. :kayyadi:

Franchisee reebok aanu eduthathu.. So aayinathilum kure vannu kananam.. :)

Hari Kuttan
2nd March 2010, 02:15 PM
My Name Is Khan has set a new record, the film has become SRK's top-grossing film in North America with total sales of over $3 million.

Members of advocacy groups in US, who have been working with issues of racial profiling and discrimination in the South Asian community post 9/11 say the film resonates with their experiences post the world trade terror attacks.

"At certain scenes I had to turn away as I was sitting and watching it with my wife. I was like--oh my god, this brings back all the memories of all the hardships the community was going through," said Mohammad ( Moe) Razvi, Community Organiser.

Just like in the movie he was detained because of his name. There were people here who were detained for months without any allegations.

There were cards left in their homes.

NDTV: These are visiting cards of FBI officers?

Razvi: Yes, FBI officers and INS officer's visiting cards.

Here are hundreds of cases of community members who encountered the same.

In one scene it was shown how his (SRK) son suffered discrimination. Here's a similar report about how a 10-year-old girl suffered. She lodged a complaint saying: "I was walking and this lady called me a terrorist and made a killing sign. But she was "too frightened to tell any one."

One of the other scenes (from the movie) showed how Rizwan Khan's (SRK) sister-in-law had her scarf pulled off. That scene brought back personal memories for my own family.

My daughter was at that time around 10 or 11 years old and her scarf was also pulled off in school. She was kicked down the steps and cursed at, she did not inform me. Even my own daughter was afraid to let me know about it.

NDTV: Did she see the movie and what did she think of it?

Razvi: It brought back her own experiences .

NDTV: Did she like it?

Razvi: Both my daughters were crying. It moved them so much. They kept telling me that that dad you have to watch this movie.

NDTV: So do you think that the community when they watch this film do they feel that Bollywood or somebody understands what they were going through and is telling their story.

Razvi: Absolutely, absolutely. All the South Asian community members from India Pakistan, Sri lanka, Punjab, Indonesia it resonates because it did not make a difference whether you were Muslim or not. All that mattered was the color of your skin and you were attacked.

MNIK's 9/11 impact
(http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20100133287&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=bollywood)

Hari Kuttan
2nd March 2010, 02:36 PM
Khan turning out a blockbuster
February 28, 2010

By HERALD REPORTER.

Despite the controversy surrounding Shah Rukh Khan's latest film, My Name Is Khan, the film is turning out to be a box office dynamo globally.

In its opening weekend only, the film is estimated to have raked in an amount that only a few films in Bollywood have managed.

In North America, the movie broke the record for the highest-earning Hindi film in the opening weekend, making $1,86-million (R14,3m).

The previous largest grosser in North America was SRK's movie Om Shanti Om at $1,76m in 2007.

Mnik, distributed by the Fox Searchlight and directed by Karan Johar, managed $15 500 from each of the 120 theatres across the US and Canada over a three-day weekend.

Though the latest figures are not in, the film is believed to have broken the $2m mark.

Khan is said to have delivered one of the most powerful performances of his career in a tear-jerker drama portraying an autistic man who sets out to meet the president of the US.
Click here!

The film also stars Kajol, with whom Khan has previously shared the screen.

It has received rave reviews from critics worldwide - seen as one of the contributors to the film's success.

Locally, Mnik is also said to be making a strong box office showing. A B Moosa of the Avalon Group, a major Bollywood distributor in South Africa, said that film had exceeded expectations.

"It's in its third week now and the response has been very positive," Moosa said.

"It's one of the biggest Bollywood hits to come to South Africa in recent times," he added.

My Name Is Khan is now on at selected theatres across the country.

Tonight - Khan turning out a blockbuster (http://tonight.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=5371682&fSectionId=428&fSetId=251)

UdayaBhanU
2nd March 2010, 04:45 PM
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9463/photo0034x.jpg

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8028/photo0035r.jpg

Brother
2nd March 2010, 04:47 PM
Keralathil SRK-ku vare fans..

Hari Kuttan
2nd March 2010, 08:28 PM
Keralathil SRK-ku vare fans..
Atenda keralam indiayil alle?

Hari Kuttan
2nd March 2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks udayan anna.. :):
King Khan:dancing:

Hari Kuttan
3rd March 2010, 09:15 PM
Shah Rukh Khan starrer "My Name Is Khan" (MNIK) has become the highest Bollywood earner in the Middle East with $3.3. million collections.

"In other Islamic markets too, it continues to grow and has crossed over to non-diaspora audiences. In Indonesia, for example, the film has grown from six to 14 screens and has seen a jump of 300 percent in week three," Vijay Singh, CEO of Fox Star Studios India, said in a statement.

The film is to open in Jordan, Lebanon and Syria March 10.

So far, "MNIK" worldwide earning is about Rs.174.6 crore ($37.5 million) with India contributing Rs.102.2 crore and international markets recording around Rs.72.4 crore.

Directed by Karan Johar, "My Name Is Khan" explores lives in the post-9/11 period in the US. The movie has Shah Rukh playing a man with Asperger's Syndrome and Kajol plays his love interest.

In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), "MNIK" is now tracking to become the number four movie of all time, competing with Hollywood blockbusters like "The Dark Knight", "Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen", "Spider Man 3" and "Twilight: New Moon".

Hari Kuttan
3rd March 2010, 09:16 PM
My Name Is Khan will hit the 70 crore nett mark by the end of its third week as it accumulated around 4 crore nett over its third weekend and the weekdays should give another 2 crore nett. After that the film could add another 2-3 crore nett. The two week territorial distributor shares (approx figures) are as follows.

Mumbai - 10.80 crore
Delhi/UP - 8.10 crore
East Punjab - 3.10 crore
West Bengal - 2.55 crore
Bihar - 55 lakhs
CP Berar - 1.40 crore
CI - 1.05 crore
Rajasthan - 1.55 crore
Nizam/Andhra - 2.05 crore
Mysore - 2 crore
Others - 1 crore
All INDIA TOTAL - 34.15 crore

http://content.yieldmanager.com/ak/q.gif

After two weeks the film has the 15th highest distributor share in the history of Hindi cinemas and is likely to enter the top ten at the end of its run.

Hari Kuttan
5th March 2010, 08:33 AM
My Name is Khan grosses 174.60 crore worldwide
Press Trust of India
Thursday, March 04, 2010 (Mumbai)

Shah Rukh Khan starrer My Name is Khan has grossed Rs 174.60 crore worldwide with India contributing Rs 102.2 crore and international markets netting an all time high of Rs 72.4 crore for a Hindi film, distributors said.

It has become the highest grossing Bollywood film in the Middle East at USD 3.3 million. With the movie opening in Jordan, Lebanon and Syria on March 10, the number is expected to go much higher, according to Vijay Singh of Fox Studios.

In the UAE, MNIK's collections are nearly on par with Dark Knight, Transformers 2, Spider Man 3 and Twilight: New Moon. At final count, the Middle East distributors expect the figures to be twice of Fox Searchlight's global 2008 phenomenon Slumdog Millionaire in this market, he said.

"In other markets too, it continues to grow and has crossed over to non-diaspora audiences. In Indonesia, for example, the film has grown from 6 to 14 screens," Singh said. Directed by Karan Johar, the movie is about the journey of an Indian family and their saga post the 9/11 attacks on the US.

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.a...tg=MOVIESINDIA (http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?section=Movies&Id=ENTEN20100133752&keyword=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA)

Jaggu
5th March 2010, 08:58 AM
MNIK :kayyadi: :kayyadi:

SRK :salute: :salute: :salute:

sertzui
5th March 2010, 09:00 AM
Paavam harikuttan............

Mone, Padam Potti.

Hari Kuttan
5th March 2010, 09:02 AM

Mone, Padam Potti.
Ennu ninga paranja mathiyaa.. Desp... :punk:

~Saji~
5th March 2010, 09:04 AM

Mone, Padam Potti.

:njam_njam:ningalude okke swapnangal aanu pottiyathu..

Kannettan
5th March 2010, 09:05 AM
pottiya pottiya..padam pottiya??

Jaggu
5th March 2010, 09:06 AM

Mone, Padam Potti.

Padam pottiyo???

Enikk samanyam nalla reethiyil thanne ishtapettu.. idaykithiri lagging aayittu thonniyenkilum.. SRK nannayirunnu.. :nallatha:

Njan DVD rip aanu kandathu...

Hari Kuttan
5th March 2010, 09:06 AM
:njam_njam:ningalude okke swapnangal aanu pottiyathu..
:kidu: :kidu:

Hari Kuttan
5th March 2010, 09:07 AM
Padam pottiyo???

Enikk samanyam nalla reethiyil thanne ishtapettu.. idaykithiri lagging aayittu thonniyenkilum.. SRK nannayirunnu.. :nallatha:

Njan DVD rip aanu kandathu...
Padam hit aayi :kolleda: Idunna report vayikkathe angeru parayunnathum viswasichu irunno..

Hari Kuttan
5th March 2010, 09:07 AM
pottiya pottiya..padam pottiya??
ayyada enthoru akamcha :x

Antony Moses
6th March 2010, 12:12 AM

Mone, Padam Potti.
:lol:

Hari Kuttan
6th March 2010, 12:15 AM
:lol:
I'm not an SRK hater.. What a punch sirjee :salute::salute:

Antony Moses
6th March 2010, 12:19 AM
I'm not an SRK hater.. What a punch sirjee :salute::salute:

:peace::peace:

BTW Gtalkil baro...

Bean
7th March 2010, 09:38 AM
The Hindu : Magazine / Cinema : Stuck in stereotypes (http://www.hindu.com/mag/2010/03/07/stories/2010030750170400.htm)
Stuck in stereotypes
VIJAY NAIR
Will Bollywood ever get to portray Muslim characters realistically in its films?
These films have used fundamentalism and terrorism ... To titillate the audience rather than showing it as the repugnant act it is.

http://www.snehasallapam.com/../images/2010030750170401.jpg
Evasive portrayals?The Kurbaan pair and (top) the stars and director of My Name is Khan.
He used to be omnipresent in the psyche of Bollywood and made his presence felt in every other Hindi film. The benign Muslim with a beard and a prayer cap, ever ready to extend a helping hand to the protagonist in distress. He dispensed charity, advice and wisdom about the almighty with the same serene look on his face. He turned all the more important if the film had a Muslim as the villain. That blasphemy had to be balanced out with this symbol of purity and virtue.
Remember the all-time favourite Sholayand how the grandfather, played by a wizened A.K. Hangal, recalled that it was time for his namaaz immediately after the discovery of the brutal murder of his grandson. He is the best prototype of this symbolic representation given to India's largest minority in films. That is unless the movie belonged to that quaint farcical genre called the “Muslim Social”. The men in these films paraded in ornamental sherwanis, the women in colourful ghararas and spouted romantic sher and shairi at the drop of a hat. We don't know when and where this caricature disappeared from our national pastime.
New stereotypes

Only to be replaced by another kind of unrealistic depiction. The latest avatar of the reigning superstar in My name is Khan is an example of this non-change. Rizwan Khan suffers from Asperger's syndrome that in lesser mortals would translate into a challenge that is defined by low social skills and a deep aversion to loud noises, certain colours and lack of structure. In Karan Johar's latest popcorn venture parading as serious cinema, the character played by Shah Rukh Khan, miraculously translates these disadvantages into a kind of relentless nobility. He spells out to everyone he meets in the American streets “My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist.” Only the President of the world's “greatest” democracy gets the better of him. On meeting Khan, he declares immediately “Your name is Khan and you are not a terrorist,” before Khan can do the honours.
Maybe Johar was exorcising his guilt while making the film. After all, in Kurbaan, the last venture he produced under his banner, all the “Khans” turned out to be terrorists, including the mother who until then had escaped critical scrutiny by Bollywood directors. In the holy cows propagated by Indian cinema, “ Maa” has always come first, unless she turned out to be sauteli. And here was this matriarch played by Kiran Kher transformed into a ruthless suicide bomber with a filmy pathan accent. Johar and his debut director got inspired by a Hollywood flop, Arlington Roadand vested their version with religious bias. The result was a deeply flawed film that broke every norm of political correctness.
The female protagonist is a Hindu professor teaching in a university in New York who gets tricked into marrying a Muslim terrorist. He, along with his family, puts her under house arrest the moment she chances on his nefarious plans, leading to the most disturbing denouement seen in a Hindi film in recent times. He is shot dead by the authorities and his wife's grief-stricken face teases the audience in a close up. She is mourning a man who has deceived her at every turn, threatened to kill her father and reacted humanly only when he finds out she is carrying “his” baby. The prevailing thread in the film is the righteous Hindu wife and her evil in-laws. The family has turned out that way because some of its members have either been tortured or killed by the white American regime.
A few months before Kurbaanreleased, there had been another Hindi film, New York, that trod on a similarly problematic premise. But at least in that one, the mantle of the virtuous was also worn by the Muslim friend like in the films of yore. Mercifully, the tokenism was very much in place to balance the new disturbing trend.
The subliminal message in all these films is that terrorism results out of a sense of personal vengeance. The Islamic terrorist has been ravaged by the hegemony of the US and wants to get even by killing innocents. None of these films try to reflect on the phenomenon of terrorism intelligently. What did Iraq and Afghanistan have to do with the siege of Bombay last year? But it is tricky for a Bollywood film to go there. Our desi mainstream directors are likely to balk at the idea of terrorism being spawned by truths closer at home like the Babri Masjid demolition or the Gujarat riots.

http://www.snehasallapam.com/../images/2010030750170402.jpg
Clever positions

It is only by design and not accident that a New Yorkor a Kurbaanunfolds in the American context. The two feuding parties, the white American population as well as the Islamic terrorists, can be perceived as adversaries by the Indian audience. So the makers get to be like the clever monkey who decided to settle the feud between the two cats and gobbled the cake himself.
In a free country like ours, a filmmaker has every right to make the film of his choice. But if he decides to work an unacceptable sub-text into the narrative, he needs to be taken to task by critics and audience alike. These films have used fundamentalism and terrorism like many Indian directors in the past have used the act of rape. To titillate the audience rather than showing it as the repugnant act it is. Even the nobility of Rizwan Khan as a counter point seems to emerge from his special needs rather than this religion. To make him into an Islamic representative is like saying Forrest Gump symbolises the all-American male.
The silver lining to all this is that our audience has turned more intelligent. They rejected Kurbaanoutright, ignoring the gushing front page reviews carried by some of the leading publications. And it is abundantly clear no one apart from the Shiv Sena is taking My name is Khanseriously, despite the current critical hosannas pouring on it.
It is high time our film makers realised the only way to go is to make the Muslim characters in a film as human as the rest of them. The caricature has outlived its purpose.

Hari Kuttan
7th March 2010, 09:41 AM
:yawn: @ article

Hari Kuttan
7th March 2010, 09:44 AM
Will Bollywood ever get to portray Muslim characters realistically in its films?

kurbaanokke athyavashyam nalla reethiyil -ve reviews kittiyathaanu.. enthaanu paranju varunnathennu manasilavunnilla..
Pinne kanda muslims AFAIK (ivide aayalum alla vere communitiesil aayalum) almost everyone were very much impressed by the film.. I dunno what the heck is the guy talking about.. Muslimsine patti oru documentary edukkanamenno?

Hari Kuttan
24th March 2010, 09:54 PM
4 3 My Name is Khan (http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/default.movies.htm?id=mynameiskhan.htm) Fox $42,648 -3.2% 8 - $5,331 $189,078 4
Egypt Box Office, March 1014, 2010 (http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/egypt/?yr=2010&wk=11&p=.htm)

Kannettan
24th March 2010, 09:55 PM
nicaraguayil release aayiliyoo :(

Hari Kuttan
24th March 2010, 10:01 PM
nicaraguayil release aayiliyoo :(
Entha.. avide kannettante arelum ondo? :podey:

Kannettan
24th March 2010, 10:03 PM
Entha.. avide kannettante arelum ondo? :podey:
:venda::venda:

worldwide collections okke ariyamayirunnalooo

Antony Moses
24th March 2010, 10:19 PM
4 3 My Name is Khan (http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/default.movies.htm?id=mynameiskhan.htm) Fox $42,648 -3.2% 8 - $5,331 $189,078 4
Egypt Box Office, March 1014, 2010 (http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/egypt/?yr=2010&wk=11&p=.htm)

:cheers: :cheers: 20L gross!

sertzui
25th March 2010, 09:10 AM
MNIK Innale Kandu................!!

I did not like it.

SRK - Artificial
Kajol - Ok, still over acting at times
DOP = Nothing great
KJ - Normal and nothing extra-ordinary

Overall 4/10