PDA

View Full Version : My Name is Khan {Official Thread } - Huge opening amidst controversies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Sootran
21st February 2010, 04:48 PM
aamirine patti.. he started as a child artist in 74, did a movie is 84 QSQT in 88...

as per wiki

ok ok,

I think he won't even have 10 flops in his whole career and thats remarkable.

films which I can think of - mela, mangal pandey , 1947 earth, Baazi ,

don't know much about films like deewana mujsha nahi, love love love , and some similar craps with juhi chawla.

double chankan
21st February 2010, 04:50 PM
ok ok,

don't know much about films like deewana mujsha nahi, love love love , and some similar craps with juhi chawla.

not sure of his career and BO statys pre 1995.. but after that the success ratio shud be around 90%

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 05:01 PM
not sure of his career and BO statys pre 1995.. but after that the success ratio shud be around 90%
Baazi, Mann, Akele hum Akele tum, Earth, Mangal pandey.. Ithrayum aanu 1995 thottu ulla aake flops if I'm right.. But post lagaan anu sherikkum big hits palathum ullathu i think..

double chankan
21st February 2010, 05:01 PM
Baazi, Mann, Akele hum Akele tum, Earth, Mangal pandey.. Ithrayum aanu 1995 thottu ulla aake flops..

akele hum akele tum flop aano

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 05:03 PM
BOI says so..
BoxOffice India.com (http://boxofficeindia.com/showProd.php?itemCat=201&catName=MTk5NQ==)

cinebuff
21st February 2010, 05:06 PM
ok ok,

Baazi, Mann, Akele hum Akele tum, Earth, Mangal pandey.. Ithrayum aanu 1995 thottu ulla aake flops if I'm right.. But post lagaan anu sherikkum big hits palathum ullathu i think..

u forgot....Andaz Apna Apna...:padachone:

cinebuff
21st February 2010, 05:07 PM

Yes ...

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 05:19 PM
u forgot....Andaz Apna Apna...:padachone:
That was in 1994 i think.. :(

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 06:03 PM
The Showbuzz: My Name Is Khan - CBS News Video (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6203249n)

A new Bollywood film, "My Name Is Khan," has been generating buzz with its release in America. Karina Mitchell reports on this and the latest films from Hollywood.

Only 2 movies are mentioned.. MNIK and Shutter Island :salute:

Antony Moses
21st February 2010, 07:03 PM
MNIK box office collection: My Name Is Khan box office collection overshadow that of 3Idiots

Mumbai: MNIK box office collection: My Name Is Khan box office collection overshadows that of 3Idiots. Despite many trade pundits writing off the film the way they do with every film, My Name is Khan is going strong on the box office collections. The indications show that the film may be on its way to be the biggest grosser in India’s Bollywood history.

Notwithstanding the doomsayers, the film starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol depicting Muslims post 9/11 has been a big hit with the audience across the globe.

Though many say that the film’s collections dropped following Friday’s opening, but weekend collections were very strong and left Aamir Khan’s Three Idiot very far behind.

Its weekend collection was nine hundred million rupees.

Aamir Khan’s film Three Idiot had grossed just around four hundred million rupees on its first weekend.

So King Khan’s rule over his kingdom Bollywood remains strong and with it he seems to have come up with another great masterpiece.
:lol: Harikuttanu ividam swargamanu...

Antony Moses
21st February 2010, 07:05 PM
MNIK not bringing in the crowds

The entertainment aspect in the movie is zero, think theatre owners

After a bumper opening, Shah Rukh Khan (http://movies.ibnlive.in.com/celebrity-profile/shah-rukh-khan/31) starrer My Name Is Khan is being cold-shouldered by the audience here. Cinema hall owners blame the non-entertaining content of the movie.

"There is a huge fall in My Name Is Khan ticket sales. While it was just 30 percent Wednesday, it is only 20 percent Thursday. The film is not being appreciated because of the content," Amit Awasthi, manager (programming and operations) of Spice Cinemas, told IANS.

"The entertainment aspect in the movie is zero. Thought is has some emotions, there is nothing much to offer," he added.

A source in PVR cinemas echoed the news.

"Our occupancy has fallen from around 90 percent to 50 percent Monday onwards because of the content of the movie. We are guessing it will stretch to one week more," said the source.
A love story set against the backdrop of racial discrimination post 9/11, My Name Is Khan grossed an estimated $18 million at the worldwide box office in its opening weekend.

Directed by Karan Johar (http://movies.ibnlive.in.com/celebrity-profile/karan-johar/1741), the movie is being marketed and distributed by Fox Star in India, in the US by its sister company Fox Searchlight, and in the rest of the world by parent group company 20th Century Fox International.

"There has been a drastic fall after Monday for My Name Is Khan. There is no entertainment aspect in it and lacks mass appeal. It has repeated the history of Saif Ali Khan (http://movies.ibnlive.in.com/celebrity-profile/saif-ali-khan/791) starrer Kurbaan," said Delhi-based distributor Joginder Mahajan.
"From critics' point of view both have been good movies but the youngsters today want only entertainment which these two could not fulfil," he added.

Yogesh Raizada, corporate head (cinemas) of Wave Cinemas, however, has a different opinion for the fall in occupancy of the movie.

"Footfalls for My Name Is Khan have fallen but the weekend is expected to be good. The occupancy at present is about 30 percent which is decent enough considering it is a working week and that there are close to 12-14 shows per day across different properties for themovie," said Raizada.

"The movie will sustain business and occupancy will be close to 70-80 percent over the weekend," he predicted.

:thanuppu::thanuppu::thanuppu::thanuppu::thanuppu:
Harikkuttanu ithu Chattambinaadu... :sathan:

Sree
21st February 2010, 07:06 PM
Nakku neettanda.. Last pageil iniyum ethra countriesil release cheyyan plan undennu paranja report postiyittundu.. So angane thallikalayanavilla..

pinnalla..avidokke record collection aanu expect cheyyunnathu :order:

Antony Moses
21st February 2010, 07:08 PM
to be honest, critically acclaimed performances nokkiyal SRKku tanneyanu Aamirinekal kooduthal ennu tonunnu....

Darr, baazigar,devdas,swades,chak de.. aamir perhaps might have to do with a lagaan..

The difference is in the number of crap movies perhaps..
Haha Baazigar, Devdas okke :lol:

Chakde was fantastic however, so was Swades.

Don't mistake crowd pulling ability and charisma with acting talent...

Mr.Cool
21st February 2010, 07:10 PM
Repost aanu anna..
Enthu hit aayal bhagyam? At worst it's a hit.. BOIde thanne articleil athu paranjittundu... Pinne indiayil mathram allallo release cheythekkunne... Eniyum pala countries-lum release cheyyanundu..

Entho aayalum 86% drop okke outright rejection aanu kanikkunnathu...oru super flop movie level . Shivsena issue illayirunnel MNK average-il othungiyene.

Sree
21st February 2010, 07:11 PM
Haha Baazigar, Devdas okke :lol:

Chakde was fantastic however, so was Swades.

Don't mistake crowd pulling ability and charisma with acting talent...

baazigar was critically acclaimed as well as huge success

Antony Moses
21st February 2010, 07:12 PM
Anna Poland, Iceland, Uganda ivayekurichonnum parayaruth :silenced:

Antony Moses
21st February 2010, 07:13 PM
baazigar was critically acclaimed as well as huge success
Critically acclaimed for SRK's performance? :kick: :kick:

Agreed absolutely no doubt it was a BB....

Sree
21st February 2010, 07:13 PM
Anna Poland, Iceland, Uganda ivayekurichonnum parayaruth :silenced:

gibraltaril release undo?

Sree
21st February 2010, 07:14 PM
Critically acclaimed for SRK's performance? :kick: :kick:

Agreed absolutely no doubt it was a BB....

yes performance thanne....baazigar,darr okke

Mr.Cool
21st February 2010, 07:14 PM
MNIK box office collection: My Name Is Khan box office collection overshadow that of 3Idiots

100% Paid news

~Saji~
21st February 2010, 07:15 PM

:kalakki::kalakki::kalakki::kalakki:

Antony Moses
21st February 2010, 07:15 PM
News for me...

~Saji~
21st February 2010, 07:16 PM
100% Paid news

sathyam parayunnavare ingane idikkum:kolleda:

~Saji~
21st February 2010, 07:16 PM
News for me...

:punk::punk::punk::punk:

Antony Moses
21st February 2010, 07:18 PM
gibraltaril release undo?
:lol:

Frankly 3 Idiots have collected 200 crores.
MNIK is yet to touch 100 crores.
Already seeing 80% drop in collections.
Ini ee parayunna Overseasunnigal thanne undakkanam the baaki 100+ crores..

Antony Moses
21st February 2010, 07:19 PM
100% Paid news
Pinnalla! :laugh: Chumma oronnu thattivittolum..

Mr.Cool
sathyam parayunnavare ingane idikkum:kolleda:

Padm hit aakum...pakshe 3I-de ezhayalathu ethilla.:grin:

Kannettan

Frankly 3 Idiots have collected 200 crores.
MNIK is yet to touch 100 crores.
Already seeing 80% drop in collections.
Ini ee parayunna Overseasunnigal thanne undakkanam the baaki 100+ crores..
videsha nanyathinte moolyam aryatha achuthan :theri::theri::theri:

Antony Moses
21st February 2010, 07:20 PM
videsha nanyathinte moolyam aryatha achuthan :theri::theri::theri:
Okhannettan :puker:

Sree
21st February 2010, 07:21 PM
achuthanu vendi darr thappiyappo ..found this

The first choice to play the role of Rahul was Amir Khan and he had even signed on the dotted line. But he left the film after another Yash Chopra film he had acted in ’’Parampara’’ failed. There were also rumours of him asking for a change in films’ climax as he thought it goes against the basic idea of the film.

Krrish
21st February 2010, 07:30 PM

Ith bhayangara popular aaya karyam aan... Fanaa rls aaya timil okke undayirunnu.... Had Aamir done "DARR", SRK enna oru thaarame undavillayirunnu....

~Saji~
21st February 2010, 07:32 PM

agree....100% agreee...

randum randu style movies alle??...acting mathram eduthaal 3 I oru amir film alla....MNIK oru SRK movie aanu...

Anyway overseas aduthakaalathu ithrayum gambheera reception vere bollywood moviesinu kittiyittundo? SRK vazhi bollywood popular aakunnathu nalla kaaryam thanne aanu

double chankan
21st February 2010, 07:34 PM
Ith bhayangara popular aaya karyam aan... Fanaa rls aaya timil okke undayirunnu.... Had Aamir done "DARR", SRK enna oru thaarame undavillayirunnu....

there are no IFs and Buts is life!!!

@achutan

baazigar,darr okke performance allenkil pinne endanu?

~Saji~
21st February 2010, 07:34 PM

Faana and Daar onnum compare cheyyalle...Amir did almost a national award winning performance...great one......

SRK okke valare loud aaya acting alle? ippol alpam koodi balanced aavaan sramikkunnundu...

~Saji~
21st February 2010, 07:36 PM
angine balanced aavaan sramikkumbol, pulliye star aakkiya aa charming and energetic performance alpam kuranjupokum...janam mukham thirikkum...

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 08:07 PM
There's a chance, but relatively low tho.. :(

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 08:11 PM
Harikkuttanu ithu Chattambinaadu... :sathan:
WTF.. Ethra thavana ore report quoti choriyunne? This was posted by me yesterday or day before yesterday.. It's the same report i think..

Ithuvare vanna collectionsil major overseasil ninnu thannaanu.. Also wide release with german and polish versions... Avidokke nalla collections sure ayum undavum.. Overseasil germanyil aanu after USA (and UK maybe) SRKku fans ullathu..

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 08:16 PM
Entho aayalum 86% drop okke outright rejection aanu kanikkunnathu...oru super flop movie level . Shivsena issue illayirunnel MNK average-il othungiyene.
World wide releasil ninnum nalla profit undakkum.. So hit and above sure aanu.. Indiayil better ayene, but still it's not a mass movie.. Ivide earth shattering collection onnum kittanullathonnum illa..

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 08:16 PM
My Name Is Khan has collected 46.08 crore nett in week one. The distributor share is 26 crore approx. Mumbai has done well considering release problems. Delhi/UP, East Punjab and Nizam are also strong but its West Bengal (especially Kolkata) and Mysore which have outperformed. The all India territorial breakdown is as follows.

Mumbai - 15.19 crore
Delhi/UP - 10.87 crore
East Punjab - 4.23 crore
West Bengal - 3.24 crore
Bihar - 0.68 crore
CP Berar - 1.66 crore
CI - 1.33 crore
Rajasthan - 2.16 crore
Nizam - 2.67 crore
Mysore - 2.74 crore
Others - 1.31 crore
TOTAL - 46.08 crore

http://boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=1544&nCat=news

Kannettan
21st February 2010, 08:17 PM
Ithuvare vanna collectionsil major overseasil ninnu thannaanu.. Also wide release with german and polish versions... Avidokke nalla collections sure ayum undavum.. Overseasil germanyil aanu after USA (and UK maybe) SRKku fans ullathu..
pazhassiye orma varunnu :cheers::cheers:

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 08:19 PM
100% Paid news
All fake news are paid? it's from khabrein.info - what if it's some SRK fan site?

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 08:21 PM
:nallatha:

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 08:23 PM
Chumma kana kona parayathe.. SRK has good fanbase in Germany.. And the film will release there at berlin film festival.. This is fox not gokulam kovalan..

Bean
21st February 2010, 08:28 PM
Chumma kana kona parayathe.. SRK has good fanbase in Germany.. And the film will release there at berlin film festival.. This is fox not gokulam kovalan..

Berlin Fim festival innale kazhinjallo..:lol:
Avide Bollywood melodramas okke exibit cheyyumo...?

Hari Kuttan
21st February 2010, 08:30 PM
Berlin Fim festival innale kazhinjallo..:lol:
Avide Bollywood melodramas okke exibit cheyyumo...?
Out of competition vibhagathil aanu
| Berlinale | Programme | Programme (http://www.berlinale.de/en/programm/berlinale_programm/datenblatt.php?film_id=20100169)

NB: Kazhinjathu arinjirunnilla...

lalistheonlySuperStar
21st February 2010, 08:31 PM

:kiki:

Bean
21st February 2010, 08:32 PM
its is just like saying kalabhavan mani movies run more in C centres..

Popularity -> Number of Audience and not the actual money collected.

Ali Imran
21st February 2010, 08:51 PM

:ennekollu:

Sree
21st February 2010, 09:03 PM

:nakku::nakku::nakku:

double chankan
21st February 2010, 10:39 PM
Popularity -> Number of Audience and not the actual money collected.

purely technical.. and the article that u posted really doesnt come out with facts for tashan and the other movies it listed as well..

Compare a mass masala of the Khans against one such of akshay or whom ever..
Else it is apples vs oranges

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 12:05 AM
:ennekollu: :ennekollu:

No offence... that just cracked me up... sathyayittum choriyal alla

HaKu :salute:

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 12:13 AM

saaramilla achuthaa....ullathukettaal uriyum chirikkum..:rockit:

Sree
22nd February 2010, 01:06 AM
saaramilla achuthaa....ullathukettaal uriyum chirikkum..:rockit:

ollathu thannannaa ,....ollathu thanne:ennekollu::ennekollu::ennekollu:

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 01:32 AM
ollathu thannannaa ,....ollathu thanne:ennekollu::ennekollu::ennekollu:
ollathu thanne....:rockit:

Vincent Gomas
22nd February 2010, 02:13 AM

ithu nammude ivide mannunni fans Rajavinte makanum Devasuravum mammu lalettanu dhaanamaayi koduthathukondd maathram lalettan superstar aayi ennu parayunna pole undd....:hbang::hbang:

Krrish
22nd February 2010, 06:12 AM
ithu nammude ivide mannunni fans Rajavinte makanum Devasuravum mammu lalettanu dhaanamaayi koduthathukondd maathram lalettan superstar aayi ennu parayunna pole undd....:hbang::hbang:

Ith ath pole alla.... Kaaranam Lalinte baaki ulla hitsil nalloru bhaagam thambi kannanthaanamo, I.V.Sasiyo alla eduthathu.... But SRKde casil DARR muthal aan Yashrajumaayi assn. thudangiyathu... Pinne aan DDLJ,DTPH,MOHABBATEIN angane kure hits undaayi.... Ath aan SRKde Growthinte base.... Had aamir done DARR, i dont think it wud happened....:musicus:

Krrish
22nd February 2010, 06:15 AM
Faana and Daar onnum compare cheyyalle...Amir did almost a national award winning performance...great one......

SRK okke valare loud aaya acting alle? ippol alpam koodi balanced aavaan sramikkunnundu...

Athinu aara compare cheytathu?????:goodnight:

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 06:19 AM
Athinu aara compare cheytathu?????:goodnight:

athu muzhuvan vaayikkaathe ittathaanu...

pakshe vaayichappol aanu manassilaayathu...ha ha...Daar amir cheythirunnenkil SRK enna star undaavilla polum...ithupolathe thamaasakal iniyum paranju varalle...

Krrish
22nd February 2010, 06:32 AM
athu muzhuvan vaayikkaathe ittathaanu...

pakshe vaayichappol aanu manassilaayathu...ha ha...Daar amir cheythirunnenkil SRK enna star undaavilla polum...ithupolathe thamaasakal iniyum paranju varalle...

Paranju enn irikkum....

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 06:38 AM
Paranju enn irikkum....

allathe vere onnum cheyyaan ningalkku pattillallo

Krrish
22nd February 2010, 06:55 AM
allathe vere onnum cheyyaan ningalkku pattillallo

Ath sheriyaa.. njangalku ee 3 Idiots,Ghajini okke polathe All Time BlockBusters undakaane ariyu.... Overseas Gigantic Bombastic saadhanangal onnum undakaan njangalku ariyilla...

Athum allenkil Chundu oru particular anglil valachu pidichu Montha kond goshti kaanichittu athu Bhaavaabhinayam aanennu parayaanum njangalku ariyilla(ref. KHNH)..

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 07:05 AM
Ath sheriyaa.. njangalku ee 3 Idiots,Ghajini okke polathe All Time BlockBusters undakaane ariyu.... Overseas Gigantic Bombastic saadhanangal onnum undakaan njangalku ariyilla...

Athum allenkil Chundu oru particular anglil valachu pidichu Montha kond goshti kaanichittu athu Bhaavaabhinayam aanennu parayaanum njangalku ariyilla(ref. KHNH)..

enthokke cheythittum, goshti, ennum overacting ennu, gay ennu vilichu koovi nadannittupolum, SRKyude star value illaathaakkaan pattaathathinte kazhappu keriyathu kondaavum...ee kajani suryayude athrayum nallathaayilla ennathinte chorichil ningalkkundaavum....3Idiots, chathur, raju okke Mr. perfectinekkaal mechamaayi janam angeekarichappol ulla eripori sanchaaram undaavum ningalkku..

Appol pinne Daar il amir vannirunnenkil SRKye bollywoodil ninnumozhivaakkaam ennokkeyulla, manappaayasavum kudichu nadakkaam.,..

double chankan
22nd February 2010, 07:24 AM
no nickname/closer to karan/very romantic with gauri/mohanlal most awesome/like greece/karan designs my clothes/shah rukh 2 words.

srks answer to some question in twitter..

cant find the question though

Fontu
22nd February 2010, 07:32 AM
enthokke cheythittum, goshti, ennum overacting ennu, gay ennu vilichu koovi nadannittupolum, SRKyude star value illaathaakkaan pattaathathinte kazhappu keriyathu kondaavum...ee kajani suryayude athrayum nallathaayilla ennathinte chorichil ningalkkundaavum....3Idiots, chathur, raju okke Mr. perfectinekkaal mechamaayi janam angeekarichappol ulla eripori sanchaaram undaavum ningalkku..

Appol pinne Daar il amir vannirunnenkil SRKye bollywoodil ninnumozhivaakkaam ennokkeyulla, manappaayasavum kudichu nadakkaam.,..
ambambo....:kollaam::kollaam::kollaam:

double chankan
22nd February 2010, 08:03 AM

gave up searching for the question.. about 10K tweets in 2hrs he was online.:no:

Pankajakshan
22nd February 2010, 08:22 AM

Adhu kondaayirkkum MNIK blockbuster aayadhu :)

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:28 AM

Khan certainly has a big following in Germany and in Europe. In comparison, very few Americans know anything about Khan or for that matter, Bollywood films.
SRK, a rage in Germany (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/feb/14berlin.htm)

“He is as popular as the Pope, but he (Khan) has more sex appeal,” wrote Ekkehard Knoerer in the Berlin tabloid Die Tageszeitung, while trying to capture the mood at the Berlinale.

SRK as popular as Pope in Germany (http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2008/02/srk-as-popular-as-pope-in-germany.html)

Screaming fans greet SRK in Germany; OSO tickets sold out in 7 minutes - The Hindustan Times | Encyclopedia.com
(http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P3-1426345021.html)

'My Name is Khan' tickets sold out at Berlin before dawn- Entertainment-Media/Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/media/entertainment-/entertainment/My-Name-is-Khan-tickets-sold-out-at-Berlin-before-dawn/articleshow/5563597.cms)

I am not making baseless comments.. I am member of SRK communities and there are a good share of German fans + there's even a subforum for them in german along with arabic..

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:31 AM
Adhu kondaayirkkum MNIK blockbuster aayadhu :)
Already 80+ crore worldwide vannu.. Eniyum 40+ countriesil release cheyyan irikkunnu..
BTW MNIK kando?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:31 AM

:rockit::rockit::rockit:

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:43 AM
Ith ath pole alla.... Kaaranam Lalinte baaki ulla hitsil nalloru bhaagam thambi kannanthaanamo, I.V.Sasiyo alla eduthathu.... But SRKde casil DARR muthal aan Yashrajumaayi assn. thudangiyathu... Pinne aan DDLJ,DTPH,MOHABBATEIN angane kure hits undaayi.... Ath aan SRKde Growthinte base.... Had aamir done DARR, i dont think it wud happened....:musicus:
Ayyoo.. Bhayankara kashtamayipoi.. Illel SRK moolaku ayene.. :x

SRK athuvare cheythathu verum 7-8 movies aanu.. Pinne SRK kooduthal htis undayathu Yashrajum ayittu aanu, thats bcoz he worked more wid them.. Pinne SRKku Baazigaril thanne critical acclaim/box office success kittiyathaanu..

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 09:32 AM
My Name Is Khan continued to perform well in its second weekend, adding $5.6m from 1,471 in 12 for an excellent $25.2m. It stayed top in India as $3.6m from 1,250 raised the tally to a truly exceptional $18.6m after two weekends, while the biggest second weekend in the UK for a Bollywood film resulted in $742,175 from 95 for $3.2m.
Ten out of ten for Avatar as $51m raises tally to $1.78bn | News | Screen (http://www.screendaily.com/news/distribution/ten-out-of-ten-for-avatar-as-51m-raises-tally-to-178bn/5011114.article)

Sootran
22nd February 2010, 09:35 AM

btw Aamir was second choice for Darr. First choice was Ajay Devgan . do you know that ?

And you know why these two actors declined that role ? Yash Chopra thanne oru interview il paranja karyam aanu .

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 09:37 AM
India: My Name Is Khan does net business of Rs 480 million in week 1

MUMBAI: At the end of week one, Karan Johar's My Name is Khan, which stars Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, has done a net business of approximately Rs 480 million (Rs 48 crore) in India.

Fox Star Studios CEO Vijay Singh said, "This is just the beginning of the journey of Khan. This film has a distinctive release pattern normally practiced by foreign studios giving longevity to the film, which is unlike a normal Bollywood film that ends its life in a couple of weeks. We have many more markets yet to open up. Last week it became the first Hindi film to release in Egypt to a fantastic response. Jordan, Syria and Lebanon are next in the first week of March. Germany and Poland with 50 prints each will follow. This will continue till mid-June at least as 25 more countries will hear the message of Khan."

In the overseas, the movie has done a gross business of $8.50 million in week one. This is the highest ever gross collections for a Hindi film in the overseas market. The recently released 3 Idiots did a gross of $.7.50 million in week one in the overseas market.

My Name Is Khan has broken the record for the biggest opening for a Bollywood movie in the UAE, with approximately 135,858 tickets sold in the first four days of its release.

Singh informs Businessofcinema.com that an additional 25 prints have been added in countries such as Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar in the second week across the Middle East in...the opening week. "The total print count of MNIK in the Middle East countries stands at 61 prints with another 10 prints being added for Jordan, Lebanon and Syria by the first week of March taking the print count tally to 71 which is double most Hindi films," said Singh.

In Singapore the film has done a business of $210,000 in the first week, which is a record for Hindi film. Australia and New Zealand have ended their first week collections over $690,000.

In the US, MNIK has done a business of approximately $2.44 million in six days, whereas in the UK, the film has done a business of GBP 1.41 million in six days.

Inox Leisure CEO Alok Tandon said, "My Name is Khan is a well crafted film with excellent all round performances; its emotional core has been appreciated by our audiences across the country."

Fame India AVP-programming, distribution and corporate sales Aditya Shroff added, "It is no surprise that the audiences have liked this movie because it is a novel story and it is SRK, after all."

"The movie has taken a fabulous opening. All shows so far at Sathyam Complex through the week are running full and there is a huge demand for the tickets. The audiences are loving Kajol and Shah Rukh. Looking forward for the next weekend," said Sathyam Cineplex Chennai director Swaroop Reddy.

Cinemax senior vice president Devang Sampat said, "I feel the family audience are just loving the movie. Shah Rukh is at his best. I have seen occupancy growing in evening and night show and am sure that movie will see great second weekend as well."

http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=1550 (http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=15502)

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 09:39 AM
btw Aamir was second choice for Darr. First choice was Ajay Devgan . do you know that ?

And you know why these two actors declined that role ? Yash Chopra thanne oru interview il paranja karyam aanu .

Director Yash Chopra (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007181/) initially wanted Ajay Devgan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0222426/) to play the role of Rahul, but Devgan was at that time shooting another movie in Ooty and never got back to him. Then Aamir Khan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0451148/) was offered the role, but turned it down because he was not happy the way Chopra had handled his character in Parampara (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107777/) (1992). Shahrukh Khan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0451321/) finally accepted the role, and thus began a long association between Khan himself and Yash Raj Films.

:kudi:

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 11:10 AM
My Name Is Khan (First Week)

Mumbai/Thane - 7.39 crore from 106 cinemas

Ahmedabad - 1.77 crore from 25 cinemas

Surat - 62 lakhs from 6 cinemas

Baroda - 65 lakhs from 8 cinemas

Bharuch - 11 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Nadiad - 9 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Valsad - 6 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Anand - 14 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Rajkot - 29 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Jamnagar - 8 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Bhavnagar - 8 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Gandhidham - 8 lakhs f6om 2 cinemas

Nasik - 26 lakhs from 7 cinemas

Belgaum - 7 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Hubli - 9 lakhs from 1 cinema

Delhi - 5.70 crore from 36 cinemas

Noida - 78 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Ghaziabad - 1.02 crore from 14 cinemas

Lucknow - 63 lakhs from 7 cinemas

Kanpur - 36 lakhs from 5 cinemas

Agra - 24 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Varanasi - 22 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Meerut - 19 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Allahabad - 10 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Aligarh - 9 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Gorakhpur - 8 lakhs from 1 cinema

Gurgaon - 1.15 crore from 8 cinemas

Faridabad - 61 lakhs from 9 cinemas

Ambala - 15 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Panipat - 12 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Kolkata - 3.08 crore from 70 cinemas

Nagpur - 48 lakhs from 9 cinemas

Raipur - 23 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Jabalpur - 11 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Amravati - 5 lakhs from 2 cinemas

Indore - 71 lakhs from 9 cinemas

Bhopal - 25 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Gwalior - 17 lakhs from 4 cinemas

Jaipur - 1.10 crore from 13 cinemas

Ajmer - 12 lakhs from 3 cinemas

Hyderabad - 1.69 crore from 31 cinemas

Aurangabad - 19 lakhs from 5 cinemas

Bangalore - 2.41 crore from 18 cinemas

Mangalore - 13 lakhs from 1 cinemas
http://boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=1545&nCat=news

lalistheonlySuperStar
22nd February 2010, 11:11 AM
ithokke initial ayi kittiyittum MNIK is going to be a flop :ennekollu: hari kuttaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 11:19 AM
ithokke initial ayi kittiyittum MNIK is going to be a flop :ennekollu: hari kuttaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
3I athra onnum varilla.. That doesn't mean that it will be a flop.. :pukel:

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 11:46 AM
Q. In India My Name Is Khan will stay below Three Idiots but will it beat it Overseas?

A. My Name Is Khan will be released in many markets over the next few months and it could cross Three Idiots then but in the regular markets it looks like staying below or being similar to the total business of Three Idiots..

Akram Asif

Q. Toh Baat Pakki had great promotion and good music but why did it not open well?

A. The film had a weak cast and My Name Is Khan was still first choice for most viewers over the weekend just gone.

Goldie Huda

Q. Will My Name Is Khan recover its 95-100 crore price tag for Fox?

A. The 100 crore price includes music rights which have been taken by Sony. The Fox investment is around 90-95 crore which will be recovered as theatres worldwide will give around 70 crore and the balance should be earned from other revenue sources.

Kailash Gupt

double chankan
22nd February 2010, 01:55 PM
HK..

SRK lalettane patti paranjath onnu lalettan updates threadil idu..

ivide aarum athum kandilla ennu tonunnu

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 02:15 PM
My Name Is Khan (First Week)

Mumbai/Thane - 7.39 crore from 106 cinemas

Ee territory alle nee paranjath 40 crores oke konduvarunnathanennu... :ayye:

lalistheonlySuperStar
22nd February 2010, 02:56 PM

:ayye: :ayye: :ayye:

Krrish
22nd February 2010, 03:13 PM

SRKye pole alla... Fansinu nalla humor sense undu....:rock:

lalistheonlySuperStar
22nd February 2010, 04:05 PM
PAVAM ARIMANI KUTTAN :ayye:

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 04:28 PM
HK..

SRK lalettane patti paranjath onnu lalettan updates threadil idu..

ivide aarum athum kandilla ennu tonunnu
Pakki annan posteettundu :)

Release avathappozhulla karyam aanu paranjathu he :x
And it's still didn't get a wide release and it's just week one..
OSO earned 31+ crores from mumbai...
Enthelum paranju choriyanam enne ullu alle?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 05:02 PM
February 22, 2010: Shahrukh Khan doesn’t sleep. Or so it seems. He landed in Mumbai on Thursday from Dubai after a show, but shows no sign of strain or jetlag. Just before Dubai the mega-star was in Berlin for the film festival negotiating the attention of hundreds of screaming fans.

What we don’t know is that Shahrukh met and bonded in Berlin with American auteur director Martin Scorsese and his favorite actor Leonardo DiCaprio.

Says Shahrukh, “Leonardo, Martin and I spent some time together. Martin was gracious enough to remember that he had met me in Cannes way back in 2002 when I was there for Devdas. He wants to watch Devdas and I’ve promised to send it to him. I’ll do so right way.”

After the glorious performance in My Name Is Khan as a physically-disabled underdog journeying across America on a whimsical mission, Shahrukh Khan is all set to play the super-hero flying across the sky to save humanity.

True to its mythological title Ra.1 which starts shooting next month in Mumbai followed by Goa and London, will have Shahrukh combating 10 villains. Raavan according to Hindu mythology was a ten-headed demon whom Ram vanquished single-handedly.

In Ra.1 the modern-day Raavan has been turned into ten different villains whom super-hero Shahrukh, the modern-day Ram will annihilate one after another.

Shahrukh Khan seemed remarkably relaxed in Berlin on the day after his film My Name Is Khan opened in Mumbai accompanied by violent protests by the Shiv Sena.

Said Shahrukh from Berlin, “I missed the opening in Mumbai. But I believe people have liked the film. I’m being told I’m in character. That’s good to hear. Give me a character to be in, and I’m right there.”

The SRK brand of humor was intact when told that My Name Is Khan doesn’t look like a Karan Johar film. At his deadliest deadpan best SRK retorted, “Yeah, even I felt like that when I first saw it. I told Karan, ‘Arrey yaar yeh tum ne kaisi picture banayee hai?’ Actually the three ladies in our lives Hiroo Aunty (Karan’s mother Hiroo Johar), Kajol and Gauri have made this film.”

Getting serious SRK said, “I thought it would take audiences a little time to come to terms with the film. But I am glad it was well-received.”

After playing the under-dog in two successive films Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and My Name Is Khan (we aren’t counting his guest appearance in Dulha Mil Gaya) Shahrukh will be flying across the sky in Ra.1. The estimated budget of the film to be produced by Shahrukh Khan’s Red Chillies, is Rs 100 crores. And no, Kareena Kapoor won’t be joining him in midair.

She plays Shahrukh’s grounded wife and not a super-woman.

Says a source close to Ra.1, “Kareena was keen to attempt the hi-jinks with Shahrukh, especially since Agent Vinod where she had a lot of stunts has again been postponed, but in Ra.1 all the conflict involves Shahrukh and the ten villains.”

Shahrukh along with the film’s director Anubhav Sinha and journalist-writer Mushtaq Sheikh has co-written Ra.1 and will be credited as one of the writers.

The film will be in Hindi.

Says a source, “He was advised to make the film in English. But Shahrukh decided to make it in Hindi. Why should he pitch his super-hero film to the Western audience when they already have their Superman and Spiderman? Shahrukh has no aspirations of cracking Hollywood on their terms.”

The film requires the star to perform never-before heart-in-the-mouth stunts, which he’s gearing to do.

-Subhash K Jha/ Sampurn

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/20...se-berlin.html (http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2010/02/shahrukh-khan-bonds-leonardo-dicaprio-martin-scorsese-berlin.html)

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 05:11 PM

Athentha release aayi kazhinjappo roopede moolyam uyarnna? :roll:

Nee paranja post quote cheyyano? (Was something ilke if Shiv Sena doesnt allow screening then it would lose 40 crores from Mumbai alone)

Ippo territory cheruthaypoyathano?

Chorichil ninakkanu.. enthu postum kandaal athokke anti SRK aanennu... :evilgrin:

OSO 31 crores nediyo? Enittu nee thane parayunundalo MNIK is not like OSO (not mass)... enokke, so how'd you buy that earlier argument?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 05:16 PM
Athentha release aayi kazhinjappo roopede moolyam uyarnna? :roll:

Nee paranja post quote cheyyano? (Was something ilke if Shiv Sena doesnt allow screening then it would lose 40 crores from Mumbai alone)

Ippo territory cheruthaypoyathano?

Chorichil ninakkanu.. enthu postum kandaal athokke anti SRK aanennu... :evilgrin:
Yes.. If shiv sen doesn't allow screening.. Lose would be 40 crores something.. As i said.. OSO okke 30+ crores gross cheythathanu from mumbai alone.. 40 crore that's an approx. figure.. And still MNIK has a limited release @ mumbai.. and it is just week one..

Enthu post kandalum anti SRK alla.. but every single post in this thread by u is baseless and against SRK.. Onninu ans thannal aduthathu idum..

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 05:19 PM
Yes.. If shiv sen doesn't allow screening.. Lose would be 40 crores something.. As i said.. OSO okke 30+ crores gross cheythathanu from mumbai alone.. 40 crore that's an approx. figure.. And still MNIK has a limited release @ mumbai.. and it is just week one..

Limited release enu paryumbo ethre theatresil? They released only in 1/6th of theatres? :buji:

Enthu post kandalum anti SRK alla.. but every single post in this thread by u is baseless and against SRK.. Onninu ans thannal aduthathu idum..

Njan mukalil paranjathil evida "baseless"um "irreverence" um oke?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 05:45 PM
[/B]

Limited release enu paryumbo ethre theatresil? They released only in 1/6th of theatres? :buji:

Njan mukalil paranjathil evida "baseless"um "irreverence" um oke?
I can give you gazillion examples.. Ivide ethenkilum oru report idumbo ennekollu ittitu povum.. Pinne SRK german fans.. I've posted proof and links for that..

Pinne ans. for ur post:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Limited-release-of-My-Name-Is-Khan-post-noon/articleshow/5563877.cmsI

It says most of the single screens have decided not to show the movie.. That indeed is a big difference..

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 05:46 PM
TW (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=rank&order=ASC&p=.htm)LW (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=ranklw&order=ASC&p=.htm)Title (click to view) (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=title&order=ASC&p=.htm)Studio (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=studio&order=ASC&p=.htm)Weekend Gross (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=gross&order=ASC&p=.htm)% Change (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=change&order=DESC&p=.htm)Theater Count (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=theaters&order=DESC&p=.htm) / Change (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=theaterchange&order=ASC&p=.htm)Average (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=avg&order=DESC&p=.htm)Total Gross (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=totalgross&order=DESC&p=.htm)Budget* (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=budget_production&order=DESC&p=.htm)Week # (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=wknum&order=ASC&p=.htm)
17 13 My Name is Khan (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=mynameiskhan.htm) FoxS (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=foxsearchlight.htm) $720,000 -63.0% 125 +5 $5,760 $3,272,000 - 2

Weekend Box Office Results for February 19-21, 2010 - Box Office Mojo (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/)

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 05:48 PM
I can give you gazillion examples.. Ivide ethenkilum oru report idumbo ennekollu ittitu povum.. Pinne SRK german fans.. I've posted proof and links for that..

Pinne ans. for ur post:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Limited-release-of-My-Name-Is-Khan-post-noon/articleshow/5563877.cmsI

It says most of the single screens have decided not to show the movie.. That indeed is a big difference..
Singles screens do not add much to the share actually. Anyway this is a multiplex movie so don't think it'd have mattered that much.

Pinne Shiv sena prashnam kazhiyukayum, SRK maapu parayukayum cheythathinu sehsam ividangalil release aayilla enundo?

Does BOI give no. of theatres? Compare this one's with that of 3I?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 05:49 PM
My Name Is Khan, which set many records last week including the biggest opening for its stars Shah Rukh Khan [ Images (http://search.rediff.com/imgsrch/default.php?MT=shah+rukh+khan) ] and Kajol [ Images (http://search.rediff.com/imgsrch/default.php?MT=kajol) ] and director Karan Johar [ Images (http://search.rediff.com/imgsrch/default.php?MT=karan+johar) ], shattered yet another record: it plunged about 69 percent in its second weekend in North America, becoming the first Shah Rukh Khan film to suffer such a loss. The second weekend also saw a worldwide plunge of about 55 percent. It yielded about $6.3 million, according to Fox International Productions, the newly-formed Fox local filmmaking venture.
Yet, the film is a formidable player, grossing in the second weekend more than the earnings of expensive Bollywood films like Veer. It is likely to play in a significant number of theatres for at least two more weeks. Currently, it is showing in some 1,570 theatres worldwide.
MNIK, which unfolds against the backdrop of 9/11 and details a man -- afflicted with Asperger syndrome -- and his fight to win back his wife's love, has grossed $25 million worldwide, as per its distributor Fox. It could end its run with $30 million.

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/feb/22/mnik-still-dominates-overseas.htm

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 05:49 PM
Singles screens do not add much to the share actually. Anyway this is a multiplex movie so don't think it'd have mattered that much.

Pinne Shiv sena prashnam kazhiyukayum, SRK maapu parayukayum cheythathinu sehsam ividangalil release aayilla enundo?

Does BOI give no. of theatres? Compare this one's with that of 3I?
WTF? SRK eppozhanu mappu paranjathu?

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 05:52 PM
Ok Haku.. Mumbai release was only in 106 theatres. I concede. That is quite impressive.

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 05:53 PM
WTF? SRK eppozhanu mappu paranjathu?
CNN IBNile angine kanichalo?

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 05:55 PM
My Name Is Khan, which set many records last week including the biggest opening for its stars Shah Rukh Khan [ Images (http://search.rediff.com/imgsrch/default.php?MT=shah+rukh+khan) ] and Kajol [ Images (http://search.rediff.com/imgsrch/default.php?MT=kajol) ] and director Karan Johar [ Images (http://search.rediff.com/imgsrch/default.php?MT=karan+johar) ], shattered yet another record: it plunged about 69 percent in its second weekend in North America, becoming the first Shah Rukh Khan film to suffer such a loss. The second weekend also saw a worldwide plunge of about 55 percent. It yielded about $6.3 million, according to Fox International Productions, the newly-formed Fox local filmmaking venture.
Yet, the film is a formidable player, grossing in the second weekend more than the earnings of expensive Bollywood films like Veer. It is likely to play in a significant number of theatres for at least two more weeks. Currently, it is showing in some 1,570 theatres worldwide.
MNIK, which unfolds against the backdrop of 9/11 and details a man -- afflicted with Asperger syndrome -- and his fight to win back his wife's love, has grossed $25 million worldwide, as per its distributor Fox. It could end its run with $30 million.

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/feb/22/mnik-still-dominates-overseas.htm

30 Mil USD = 135 crores roughly..
3 Idiots 200 crores and running :salute:

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 05:56 PM
CNN IBNile angine kanichalo?
He never apologised to anyone.. He just tweeted that if he has unintentionally hurt anyone's sentiments he's sorry... But in the very next tweet he said that that was just for his fans and he won't apologise anyone else..

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 05:57 PM
He never apologised to anyone.. He just tweeted that if he has unintentionally hurt anyone's sentiments he's sorry... But in the very next tweet he said that that was just for his fans and he won't apologise anyone else..
Oh ok...

Saroj Kumar
22nd February 2010, 05:58 PM
Prithvi Hatersinodu sathrutha thonniya pole Achumamanu SRK hatersinodu thonunnille :roll:

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 05:59 PM
30 Mil USD = 135 crores roughly..
3 Idiots 200 crores are running :salute:
And 3 idiots released on 25th december 2009 , while MNIK released on Feb 12th 2010.. :nallatha: That's his prediction.. Without even knowing the facts..

There's only 63% drop and the guy says that there's 69% drop WTF.. (source box office mojo)

3 idiots last collexn from BOM

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:00 PM
Prithvi Hatersinodu sathrutha thonniya pole Achumamanu SRK hatersinodu thonunnille :roll:
SRK as an actorude criticism aanu... allathe veetilirikkunna Gowrikhaneyum makkalem onnum parayyunilalo :peace:

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 06:00 PM
TW (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=rank&order=ASC&p=.htm)LW (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=ranklw&order=ASC&p=.htm)Title (click to view) (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=title&order=ASC&p=.htm)Studio (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=studio&order=ASC&p=.htm)Weekend Gross (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=gross&order=ASC&p=.htm)% Change (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=change&order=DESC&p=.htm)Theater Count (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=theaters&order=DESC&p=.htm) / Change (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=theaterchange&order=ASC&p=.htm)Average (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=avg&order=DESC&p=.htm)Total Gross (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=totalgross&order=DESC&p=.htm)Budget* (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=budget_production&order=DESC&p=.htm)Week # (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=08&sort=wknum&order=ASC&p=.htm)
17 13 My Name is Khan (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=mynameiskhan.htm) FoxS (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=foxsearchlight.htm) $720,000 -63.0% 125 +5 $5,760 $3,272,000 - 2

Weekend Box Office Results for February 19-21, 2010 - Box Office Mojo (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/)

3 Idiots last collection report from BOM (nomore in the list)

- 41 3 Idiots (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=3idiots.htm) Relbig. (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=reliancebigpictures.htm) $24,057 -37.5% 12 -28 $2,005 $6,501,526 - 8
Weekend Box Office Results for February 12-14, 2010 - Box Office Mojo (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=07&p=.htm)

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:01 PM
And 3 idiots released on 25th december 2009 , while MNIK released on Feb 12th 2010.. :nallatha: That's his prediction.. Without even knowing the facts..

There's only 63% drop and the guy says that there's 69% drop WTF.. (source box office mojo)

3 idiots last collexn from BOM

MNIK had such a wider release and also has much fewer repeat audiecnce as compared to 3I... That's why it will not collect anywhere near 3I in the longrun.

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:02 PM
3 Idiots last collection report from BOM (nomore in the list)

- 41 3 Idiots (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=3idiots.htm) Relbig. (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=reliancebigpictures.htm) $24,057 -37.5% 12 -28 $2,005 $6,501,526 - 8
Weekend Box Office Results for February 12-14, 2010 - Box Office Mojo (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2010&wknd=07&p=.htm)
See above...

Saroj Kumar
22nd February 2010, 06:03 PM
SRK as an actorude criticism aanu... allathe veetilirikkunna Gowrikhaneyum makkalem onnum parayyunilalo :peace:
Appo athu pole PRine paranjaal support cheyyumo :biggrin:

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:04 PM
Indrajith thread nokkarille? :biggrin:

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 06:07 PM
MNIK had such a wider release and also has much fewer repeat audiecnce as compared to 3I... That's why it will not collect anywhere near 3I in the longrun.
MNIK is running in 5 more theatres in this weak (see BOM)..

3I is a comedy movie... Athinu kittunna repeat audience onnum MNIK-ku kittilla.. Why r u ignoring that fact?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 06:08 PM
:rollonfloor:

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:11 PM
Single Screens v Multiplexes Admissions

Friday 19th February 2010 16.30 IST
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network
The success of a movie is judged by the amount of business it does and in most of the world the collections tell which film has been watched by more people and this determines the success of the film. But in India sadly the actual collections do not tell which film has been watched by more people unless you thoroughly segregate the collections. In India its the admissions rather than collections which tell a more accurate story as collection range is so different between single screens and multiplexes.
An example of this is the first day collections of My Name Is Khan in a big single screen in Uttar Pradesh and a major multiplex in Uttar Pradesh.
My Name Is Khan collected 1,18,961 nett at Heer in Kanpur and the admissions here were 4,195. At Fun in Agra the same film collected 1,32,032 nett and the admissions here were 1,543. This shows that the single screen theatre had nearly three times the attendance but still a lower collection. What must be remembered here is that Fun in Agra has low ticket costs for a multiplex and Heer in Kanpur is one of the better single screens in India. Comparing with an upmarket multiplex then we have PVR Bangalore which had a collection of 5,15,084 nett for My Name Is Khan with admissions of 2,149.
If we compare PVR Bangalore with Heer in Kanpur its more than four times the collection but just half the admissions. This is the biggest indicator that collections do not show how many people are actually watching a particular film in India. It is likely that 5 crore nett business from single screens would give the same amount of admissions as 20 crore nett business from multiplexes.
This is also why that despite much lower collections a film like Tashan is watched by more people than outright multiplex grossers like Taare Zameen Par and Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na and a Veer is watched by more people than Super Hit films like Love Aaj Kal or Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani. It is also likely that a Wanted with less nett collections than a Love Aaj Kal is actually been watched by twice the number of people at the theatres.

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 06:14 PM
So? What are u trying to say?

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:19 PM
MNIK is running in 5 more theatres in this weak (see BOM)..

3I is a comedy movie... Athinu kittunna repeat audience onnum MNIK-ku kittilla.. Why r u ignoring that fact?
Reason enthumaykotte, long run kittumo illayo ennathanu question.

Pinne Mumbai collections theater status need to be taken with a pinch of salt, refer article above.

Source : Box office India.

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:20 PM
So? What are u trying to say?
Loss from "single screen shows" cancelled is NOT severe as you make it to be.

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 06:28 PM
Reason enthumaykotte, long run kittumo illayo ennathanu question.

Pinne Mumbai collections theater status need to be taken with a pinch of salt, refer article above.

Source : Box office India.
Reason enthumayikotte? MNIK wide release anennulla logic njan accept cheyyanam.. Then why can't you accept this?

What's there in that article?!!

They are comparing single theatres not as a whole

Krrish
22nd February 2010, 06:31 PM
SRKye degrade cheythu enn paranju HK enne theri vilichu.... :karachil:

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:31 PM
Reason enthumayikotte? MNIK wide release anennulla logic njan accept cheyyanam.. Then why can't you accept this?

What's there in that article?!!

They are comparing single theatres not as a whole
Then accept that MNIK is not going to gross even 60-65% of what 3 Idiots will gross.

Also Mumbai collection loss is NOT because of loss of single theatres alone

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 06:32 PM
Loss from "single screen shows" cancelled is NOT severe as you make it to be.
So what? There are considerable no. of single screens which are lost.. And single screen business there's no competition until the next big release unlike Multiplex, there are lot of small films every now and then..

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 06:33 PM
Then accept that MNIK is not going to gross even 60-65% of what 3 Idiots will gross.
How can I say that..? If they are planning to release it in more countries than how?
And WTF is that 60-65%? 3 idiots has almost completed it's run.. There's nothing big from now... is there?

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:35 PM
So what? There are considerable no. of single screens which are lost.. And single screen business there's no competition until the next big release unlike Multiplex, there are lot of small films every now and then..

Wrong.

Actually single screens carry more competition as they always have to show "newer" releases unless otherwise the one they're showin is housefull.

Multiplexes on the other hand have alternative screens to shift the film to, in case of a drop and can "run" movies for long despite fall in collections..

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 06:37 PM
How can I say that..? If they are planning to release it in more countries than how?
And WTF is that 60-65%? 3 idiots has almost completed it's run.. There's nothing big from now... is there?

200 crores = 3 Idiots
130-135 crores = MNIK (Projected by it's own makers)

Do the math.

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 08:03 PM
3 Idiots pole oru comedy film aayi aanu compare cheyyunnathu...super aayittundu, SRK hater Achuthaha....enkil 2HHN and Bhramaravum compare cheythu jagatheeshinu kaksham kaanikkooo....

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 08:05 PM
3 Idiots pole oru comedy film aayi aanu compare cheyyunnathu...super aayittundu, SRK hater Achuthaha....enkil 2HHN and Bhramaravum compare cheythu jagatheeshinu kaksham kaanikkooo....
Bhramaram 2HHNnekal collect cheyyum/cheythu enokke paranjirunengil kaanikamayirunu. :lol:

nettooran
22nd February 2010, 08:06 PM
exactly!!!!!!!

Vere ethenklum star aayirunnenkil ithinte naalil onnu collection polum MNIKkku kittillaayiorunnu ennullathu vasthutha aanu...Only Khan an atract this much revenue for a serious movie like this..

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 08:07 PM
Bhramaram 2HHNnekal collect cheyyum/cheythu enokke paranjirunengil kaanikamayirunu. :lol:

Angine araa paranjathu???

nettooran
22nd February 2010, 08:07 PM
Ivide aaraanu MNIK 3Inekkaal commercialy successfull aanennu paranjathu....
Pls do not compare a commercial movie with a serious one..

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 08:10 PM
Angine araa paranjathu???

Ivide aaraanu MNIK 3Inekkaal commercialy successfull aanennu paranjathu....
Pls do not compare a commercial movie with a serious one..

Ha.. appo ivide kazhinja oru 10-15 pagekalonum vayichile?

MNIK collects almost as 3I..

Will MNIK collect more than 3 I?...

MNIK would've collected but for Shivsena's threat...

MNIK lost potential 40 crores revenue from Mumbai territtory...

ETC ETC ETC...

:podey:

Class padamanengil all these comparisons should've been null ab initio.

kiroo
22nd February 2010, 08:13 PM
MNIK nalla padam thanne,
but nammade 3I ye tholpikkan pattilla makkale , pattilla...thirike po...!

Sree
22nd February 2010, 08:13 PM

ETC ETC ETC...

onju poda hater achutha .....iniyum SRK forts aaya bermuda,tongo,maldives,lakshadeep,koyilandi,kunnam kulam okke release cheyyaanundu .... will collect more than 3I for sure :kolleda:

kiroo
22nd February 2010, 08:15 PM
onju poda hater achutha .....iniyum SRK forts aaya bermuda,tongo,maldives,lakshadeep,koyilandi,kunnam kulam okke release cheyyaanundu .... will collect more than 3I for sure :kolleda:

avideyokke onnu irangikkotte, alle? :biggrin:

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 08:15 PM

SRK kku overseas fans undennu vachu ithra asoooya veno??:wink:

nettooran
22nd February 2010, 08:16 PM

ETC ETC ETC...

Athokke wesite reports alle? MNIK will not be able to collect more than even Om shanthi ohm ennanu ente abhiprayam....Karanam ithu commercial setupil ulla padam alla....so why comparing it with 3I??
Hindi films inte normal life span 3 weeks ennanu fox parayunnathu....They are trying make it 6 months through overseas distribution...they are trying their maximum to get a decent profit...

Crytical acclaimsinum awards munnil kandum mathram edutha oru cinema aanu MNIK...

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 08:17 PM
:lol: Polandine kurichoraksharam parayilla :silenced:

Sree
22nd February 2010, 08:19 PM
SRK kku overseas fans undennu vachu ithra asoooya veno??:wink:

overseas khanodu asooyayo :rofl:

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 08:21 PM
overseas khanodu asooyayo :rofl:

Athu thanne....:parihasam::parihasam:

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 08:21 PM
Athokke wesite reports alle? MNIK will not be able to collect more than even Om shanthi ohm ennanu ente abhiprayam....Karanam ithu commercial setupil ulla padam alla....so why comparing it with 3I??
Hindi films inte normal life span 3 weeks ennanu fox parayunnathu....They are trying make it 6 months through overseas distribution...they are trying their maximum to get a decent profit...

Crytical acclaimsinum awards munnil kandum mathram edutha oru cinema aanu MNIK...

:kopam: Ask the person who initiated comparisons wit 3 IDIots here...I am merely replying to those contentions.

Pinne "Crytical acclaimsinum awards munnil kandum mathram edutha oru cinema aanu MNIK..." itharam arguments onnum ithuvare kettillalo.. :lol: Padam sheddikerarayappolulla nyayamayi kootunilla... since I feel there is some element of truth in it.

BTW how do Fox expect to "increase run span to 6 months" hru overseas release?? :kick:

Sree
22nd February 2010, 08:22 PM
Athu thanne....:parihasam::parihasam:

we r too busy at the moment for all these funny things ...
2 back to back All Time Blockbusters ...sorry ...no time..sherikkum ...sathyamaayum .... samayamillaanjittaa...samayam kittatte..anneram asooyapedaan shremikkaam :karachil:

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 08:25 PM
we r too busy at the moment for all these funny things ...
2 back to back All Time Blockbusters ...sorry ...no time..sherikkum ...sathyamaayum .... samayamillaanjittaa...samayam kittatte..anneram asooyapedaan shremikkaam :karachil:

Still SRK is growing in international level. asooya thonnuka swabhavikam...:kidilam:..allenkil sathyamulla oru karyathine puchikkenda karyam illallo...

dubaikaaran
22nd February 2010, 08:26 PM
next SRK project ethaa???

nettooran
22nd February 2010, 08:27 PM
:kopam: Ask the person who initiated comparisons wit 3 IDIots here...I am merely replying to those contentions.

Pinne "Crytical acclaimsinum awards munnil kandum mathram edutha oru cinema aanu MNIK..." itharam arguments onnum ithuvare kettillalo.. :lol: Padam sheddikerarayappolulla nyayamayi kootunilla... since I feel there is some element of truth in it.

BTW how do Fox expect to "increase run span to 6 months" hru overseas release?? :kick:
6 months inte karyam Fox spokesman paranjathaanu ..not me..ask Fox entertainment ...:lee::lee:
Pinne padathinu bhayankara hypeum , opening weekendile record collectionum okke ullappol cinema kandittum njan ithe abhiprayam aanu paranjathu....Check few pages back for my review....

Sree
Still SRK is growing in international level. asooya thonnuka swabhavikam...:kidilam:..allenkil sathyamulla oru karyathine puchikkenda karyam illallo...

oh u mean to say..overseasil ulla saayippum madammayum okkeyaanu SRK movies avde kit aakkunnathu ...northies alla alle :idea: ..alla intl levelilulla aa varalcha sorry valarcha ..ennathu manassilaayilla :roll:

Hari Kuttan

ETC ETC ETC...

Who said this? And if shivsena's threat wasn't there it'd have collected a little more, but overall 2nd to 3 idiots.. But you were saying like 60-65% less..

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:33 PM
Wrong.

Actually single screens carry more competition as they always have to show "newer" releases unless otherwise the one they're showin is housefull.

Multiplexes on the other hand have alternative screens to shift the film to, in case of a drop and can "run" movies for long despite fall in collections..
Ee so called long run okke kittunnathu single screensil aano multiplexil aano?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:34 PM
200 crores = 3 Idiots
130-135 crores = MNIK (Projected by it's own makers)

Do the math.
By it's own makers? :roll:

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 08:34 PM
Who said this? And if shivsena's threat wasn't there it'd have collected a little more, but overall 2nd to 3 idiots.. But you were saying like 60-65% less..

Nenjathu thottu para u have never indulged in comparisons of MNIK with 3I...

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 08:35 PM
Ee so called long run okke kittunnathu single screensil aano multiplexil aano?
Long run Multiplexil kittilla ennano parayunnath?

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 08:36 PM
By it's own makers? :roll:
Who then said it will make 30 Million overall?

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 08:36 PM
6 months inte karyam Fox spokesman paranjathaanu ..not me..ask Fox entertainment ...:lee::lee:
Pinne padathinu bhayankara hypeum , opening weekendile record collectionum okke ullappol cinema kandittum njan ithe abhiprayam aanu paranjathu....Check few pages back for my review....
:p Appo avaru parayunnath vishwasamillatheyano ivide postiyath?

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 08:39 PM
Ithu ghajaniye pottikkumo??

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:40 PM
oh u mean to say..overseasil ulla saayippum madammayum okkeyaanu SRK movies avde kit aakkunnathu ...northies alla alle :idea: ..alla intl levelilulla aa varalcha sorry valarcha ..ennathu manassilaayilla :roll:
Haha.. Sayippum madammayum.. Interntational marketil oru Indian film vijayikkunnu ennathu apamanikkan ulla karyamonnumalla.. Ithinte revenue sayippinte veetilekkonnumallallo indayilekku thannayalle varunnathu..?

Pinne Rab neyude Indian collection njan innale ittirunnu... Indiayil athu ethra collect cheythu ennum overseas ethra collect cheythu ennum.. Indian audiencinu appeal cheyyunna type mass movie eduthappol okke indiayil nalla reethiyil hit ayittundu..

nettooran
22nd February 2010, 08:41 PM
:p Appo avaru parayunnath vishwasamillatheyano ivide postiyath?
Enikku ente vaakkile viswasamulllooo......why should I believe anyone else??Quoting myself it will be just a hit...

Pinne ACHUTHANnte uddesham enthaanu?what are you trying to prove? athu ithu vare enikku manassilayilla...You are in this thread like Mannunny SOMAN spreding venom ....alla ariyan melanjittu chodikkuvaa..enthaanu vendathu?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:43 PM
Njan ethra thavana paranju MNIK is a serious movie, so obviously there would be that diff. ennu? Illa ennano? Ee cheyyunnathu chori alla ennu nenjathu kai vechu para aadyam...

Who then said it will make 30 Million overall?
You said it's makers did, so it's your responsibility to prove it, how shall I know?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:44 PM
Enikku ente vaakkile viswasamulllooo......why should I believe anyone else??Quoting myself it will be just a hit...

Pinne ACHUTHANnte uddesham enthaanu?what are you trying to prove? athu ithu vare enikku manassilayilla...You are in this thread like Mannunny SOMAN spreding venom ....alla ariyan melanjittu chodikkuvaa..enthaanu vendathu?

Sherikkum... :pukel:

lalistheonlySuperStar
22nd February 2010, 08:45 PM

:ayye::ayye::ayye:

Fontu
22nd February 2010, 08:45 PM
Ee cheyyunnathu chori alla ennu nenjathu kai vechu para aadyam...

ningal 2 perum ingane maari maari nennchathu kai vachukondirunnal attack anennu vicharichu nattukar ICCUlekku vidum...relax..:enthottu::enthottu::enthottu:

~Saji~
22nd February 2010, 08:46 PM
ningal 2 perum ingane maari maari nennchathu kai vachukondirunnal attack anennu vicharichu nattukar ICCUlekku vidum...relax..:enthottu::enthottu::enthottu:

:aye::aye::aye::aye:

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:46 PM
Long run Multiplexil kittilla ennano parayunnath?
Not exceptional cases.. Long run ennu parayappedunna ee sambhasvam (100,200) okke varunnathu Multiplexil aano single screensil aano?

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:48 PM
Pottikkan nalla chanceund, ghajini 114crores aanu.. MNIK adhinu mukalil pokan sadhayathayundu..

nettooran
22nd February 2010, 08:49 PM
Pottikkan nalla chanceund, ghajini 114crores aanu.. MNIK adhinu mukalil pokan sadhayathayundu..
enikku thonnunnilla Ghajnikkokke ishtam pole repeat audience undayirunnu...
Pinne Mass supportum..ithinu athonnum illallo??oru OSO levelil ethiyal bhagyam ....

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 08:53 PM
enikku thonnunnilla Ghajnikkokke ishtam pole repeat audience undayirunnu...
Pinne Mass supportum..ithinu athonnum illallo??oru OSO levelil ethiyal bhagyam ....
lets c... Yes... Repeat audience illa athaanu prashnam.. OSO levelil ethiyekkum..

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 09:41 PM
My Name is Khan, starring Shah Rukh Khan (http://movies.ibnlive.in.com/celebrity-profile/shah-rukh-khan/31) and Kajol (http://movies.ibnlive.in.com/celebrity-profile/kajol/691), is no doubt conquering the global market as far as raking in themoolah is concerned. Reportedly, My Name Is Khan has maintained its strong business and collected around Rs 4.5 crore from Delhi and Punjab. Now the question is whether the film will continue to pull the crowds to Mumbai theatres. IBN MOVIES finds out whether cinema halls are going house full or empty in the second week.

Second Week's Verdict

Subash, manager of Chitra theatre in Dadar informed, "Our theatre did not screen My Name is Khan because we had a contract to screen Marathi films. As far as MNIK is concerned, the controversy did generate a lot of curiosity and many people wanted to watch the film. I was told by my friends who work in other theatres that the first week was house full but the second week was average. In fact, many of my friends who went to watchthe film came out disappointed saying that there is nothing special about story."

Though the critics have given many stars, they have panned the storyline. Santosh Bhatia of Premiere theatre in Parel said, "On the day of the release, we did not screen any shows because of the controversy. However, Saturday, Sunday and Monday shows were house full. The entire week, went very good. But in the second week, the shows did okay. I would say it is neither good nor bad. But, definitely it is not going house full anymore."

Karan Sethia, PR Officer, Fame Cinemas said, "The first week was very good. Most of our shows were house full. However, in the second week there is a decline. But still, it is not even going empty. We have got 70 to 80 per cent collection."
Though Shah Rukh Khan (http://movies.ibnlive.in.com/celebrity-profile/shah-rukh-khan/31) is leaving no stones unturned promoting his film all over, it certainly failed to impress the audiences in Mumbai.

Box Office report: MNIK is on its way out- IBNLive Movies (http://movies.ibnlive.in.com/news/movies/box-office-report-mnik-is-on-its-way-out/184439/0?from=tn)

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 09:43 PM

Nobody is compelling to put up with my "trash". There is an ignore function available, if u think what am posting is trash u may use it to hide my posts. :)

Pinne since u posed the question, ende ethu postanu ningalku "vishalipthamay" thonniyath?

Njan ethra thavana paranju MNIK is a serious movie, so obviously there would be that diff. ennu? Illa ennano? Ee cheyyunnathu chori alla ennu nenjathu kai vechu para aadyam...

You said it's makers did, so it's your responsibility to prove it, how shall I know?

:lol: Chumma tharkikkan vendi quote cheyyanamenilla... You started the 3I vs MNIK thing, now you are washing off saying "it's a serious subject" etc... Carry on...! :rockit:

Read your post where u said the movie will end it's run with roughly 30 Mil USD.

Sherikkum... :pukel:

:chairhit: :theri:

Ivanodokke ettumuttunna enne venam thallan :kolleda:

Not exceptional cases.. Long run ennu parayappedunna ee sambhasvam (100,200) okke varunnathu Multiplexil aano single screensil aano?

Multiplexes vannathinu sesham ethre movies ee paranja 100um 200um odittund single screensil??? :mathil_idi::mathil_idi:

Ngee???

Ghajini's collection is USD 38,316,564 (Ghajini (2008) - Box Office Mojo (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghajini.htm)) roughly equal to Rs 173 crores... (ER at Rs. 45/ $)

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 09:45 PM
Collected approx. Rs. 12 cr. [nett] in its second weekend in India. The 10-day total stands at approx. Rs. 60 cr. [nett]. The distributor's share should be approx. Rs. 35 cr. [nett], which is very good. The film held well at big city plexes mainly, but dropped at mass-dominated centres

Box Office Top 5 :Midweek B.O.: 'M.N.I.K.' second wknd. is 12 cr., total 60 cr. nett (http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/top5/index.html)

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 09:48 PM
:lol: Chumma tharkikkan vendi quote cheyyanamenilla... You started the 3I vs MNIK thing, now you are washing off saying "it's a serious subject" etc... Carry on...! :rockit:

Read your post where u said the movie will end it's run with roughly 30 Mil USD.
My post or frm any other site?

Multiplexes vannathinu sesham ethre movies ee paranja 100um 200um odittund single screensil??? :mathil_idi::mathil_idi:
Kanakkeduthittilla.. But veer polulla films okke below avg ayathu single screensil moshamallatha collection nediyathukondaanu... It crashed at multiplexes.. Ethyaalum 100-200 days okke multiplexil odiya film ethaanu.. :)

[quote]
Ghajini's collection is USD 38,316,564 (Ghajini (2008) - Box Office Mojo (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghajini.htm)) roughly equal to Rs 173 crores... (ER at Rs. 45/ $)
OK.. Njan wiki aanu nokkiyathu.. appol sadhyatha illa..

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 09:49 PM
Collected approx. Rs. 12 cr. [nett] in its second weekend in India. The 10-day total stands at approx. Rs. 60 cr. [nett]. The distributor's share should be approx. Rs. 35 cr. [nett], which is very good. The film held well at big city plexes mainly, but dropped at mass-dominated centres

Box Office Top 5 :Midweek B.O.: 'M.N.I.K.' second wknd. is 12 cr., total 60 cr. nett (http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/top5/index.html)

Apparently so Overseas it collected close to 50 crores already?? :kick: (That'd be roughly 12 Million)

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 09:50 PM

Ithalle njan paranju ennu parayunnathu?

dubaikaaran
22nd February 2010, 09:50 PM
samaadhaanam....samaadhaanam...

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 09:51 PM
samaadhaanam....samaadhaanam...
:valiya_chiri:

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Achuthan;386967]

My post or frm any other site?

Grrrr

[FONT=Arial]MNIK, which unfolds against the backdrop of 9/11 and details a man -- afflicted with Asperger syndrome -- and his fight to win back his wife's love,[SIZE=4][COLOR=Red] has grossed $25 million worldwide, as per its distributor Fox. It could end its run with $30 million.

Kanakkeduthittilla.. But veer polulla films okke below avg ayathu single screensil moshamallatha collection nediyathukondaanu... It crashed at multiplexes.. Ethyaalum 100-200 days okke multiplexil odiya film ethaanu.. :)

Single screens are way way way behind multiplexes when it comes to revenue. Have a read of that article I posted earllier.

neeyenthuvade questionu thirichu question ittu kalikunath? U said single screens enjoy 100-200 days run... I didnt.

As regards to multiplexes it need not run for 100-200 days to prove anything. because average multiplex does atleast 3-4 times business of single screen per screen. So 30 days odichal thanne 100 days single screenil odikuna phalam undavum...

OK.. Njan wiki aanu nokkiyathu.. appol sadhyatha illa..

:kanneer:

Antony Moses
22nd February 2010, 10:02 PM
Apparently TZP grossed 131 crores at BO despite screening at much lesser screens and having a fraction of the promotions that MNIK had... just to put this in perspective..

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 10:06 PM
Grrrr

So? Ivide enikku reports onnum postan padille? Njan evideya paranjathennu para...

Single screens are way way way behind multiplexes when it comes to revenue. Have a read of that article I posted earllier.

neeyenthuvade questionu thirichu question ittu kalikunath? U said single screens enjoy 100-200 days run... I didnt.

As regards to multiplexes it need not run for 100-200 days to prove anything. because average multiplex does atleast 3-4 times business of single screen per screen. So 30 days odichal thanne 100 days single screenil odikuna phalam undavum...

Appo single screens illathathukondu ethra 50% polum loss varilla ennavum.. No. of single screens outnumber no of multiplexes.. Athum koodi kanakiledukkanam...

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 10:15 PM
edited.....

Hari Kuttan
22nd February 2010, 10:37 PM
'MNIK' 150 cr. gross in 10 days. The breakup:- India gross 90 cr. [share: 35 cr.], Overseas gross 60 cr. [share: 30 cr.]. Total share: 65 cr
'MNIK' gross is 90 cr. and nett 60 cr. in India.

Twitter / taran adarsh: 'MNIK' 150 cr. gross in 10 ... (http://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/9476171201)
Twitter / taran adarsh: 'MNIK' gross is 90 cr. and ... (http://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/9476355856)

sertzui
23rd February 2010, 06:44 AM
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7020/mnik.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mnik.jpg)

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 09:09 AM
Thnks sertz anna :grin:

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 09:10 AM
Top Rated In Theaters - Yahoo! Movies (http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/top10?lid=20)
:salute:

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 09:13 AM
(have u watched My name is Khan for Shah Rukh Khan????)
Yes. Loved it. I met Anil last night and we talked about Amitabh and the OTHER Khan...Johnathan ross on twitter

Saroj Kumar
23rd February 2010, 11:21 AM
gulfnews : Bahraini offers 40 tickets to MPs to watch 'My Name is Khan' and learn from its message (http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/bahrain/bahraini-offers-40-tickets-to-mps-to-watch-my-name-is-khan-and-learn-from-its-message-1.587120)

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 12:55 PM
gulfnews : Bahraini offers 40 tickets to MPs to watch 'My Name is Khan' and learn from its message (http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/bahrain/bahraini-offers-40-tickets-to-mps-to-watch-my-name-is-khan-and-learn-from-its-message-1.587120)
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Brother
23rd February 2010, 01:00 PM
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

neeyithu thalli thalli 1000 pages akkumalle:drive:

Antony Moses
23rd February 2010, 01:01 PM
So? Ivide enikku reports onnum postan padille? Njan evideya paranjathennu para...

Appo single screens illathathukondu ethra 50% polum loss varilla ennavum.. No. of single screens outnumber no of multiplexes.. Athum koodi kanakiledukkanam...

Outnumber cheyyam, pakshe it doesnt matter much when it comes to revenue.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Krrish
23rd February 2010, 01:02 PM
Ee Topicil ulla 1778 posts 589 ennam HKde vaka....... :buji:

Brother
23rd February 2010, 01:06 PM
Ee Topicil ulla 1778 posts 589 ennam HKde vaka....... :buji:

a real fan Harikkuttan:yudham:

Sootran
23rd February 2010, 01:18 PM
Twitter / taran adarsh: 'MNIK' 150 cr. gross in 10 ... (http://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/9476171201)
Twitter / taran adarsh: 'MNIK' gross is 90 cr. and ... (http://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/9476355856)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Antony Moses
23rd February 2010, 01:20 PM
"Karan" Adarsh :salute: :puker:

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 01:22 PM
Outnumber cheyyam, pakshe it doesnt matter much when it comes to revenue.
WTF again...
Enna pinne release cheyyathe bangaloreilum chennayilum okke multiplexil irakkiya pore?:x

It does matter when the no. of single screens are considered.

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 01:26 PM
"Karan" Adarsh :salute: :puker:
athe athe.. "Vidhu" adarshinum koodi oru salute adichere :puker:

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 01:27 PM
Achuthan oru nishkalankan.. 149 posts :salute: :salute:

Antony Moses
23rd February 2010, 01:30 PM
WTF again...
Enna pinne release cheyyathe bangaloreilum chennayilum okke multiplexil irakkiya pore?:x

It does matter when the no. of single screens are considered.
Are you deliberately acting like a fool? Read what I said, single screens are inevitable because they cater to the lower denominations. And semi urban and rural areas. they still are a significant force because of sheer volume.

But revenue wise they are lesser than multiplexes. And we are talking about the Bombay territory here in specific. There is no way that lack of screening at single theatres result in 20-30 crore as you surmise.

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 01:38 PM
Are you deliberately acting like a fool? Read what I said, single screens are inevitable because they cater to the lower denominations. And semi urban and rural areas. they still are a significant force because of sheer volume.

But revenue wise they are lesser than multiplexes. And we are talking about the Bombay territory here in specific. There is no way that lack of screening at single theatres result in 20-30 crore as you surmise.
Who's acting like a fool here?

We're talkin about the overall run - and it's not the end yet.. Single screens get more long run + outnumber multiplexes, while multiplexes collect more...

Why don't you consider that perspective?

PS: And i didn't say it will collect 20-30 crores alone from single screens..

Antony Moses
23rd February 2010, 01:42 PM
Who's acting like a fool here?

We're talkin about the overall run - and it's not the end yet.. Single screens get more long run + outnumber multiplexes, while multiplexes collect more...

Why don't you consider that perspective?

PS: And i didn't say it will collect 20-30 crores alone from single screens..

:kolleda:

Mr. Ha Ku, long run kittiyalpolum karyamila, as I said before a 100 days run in a single screen is equal to a 30 day run at a multiplex.

Single screensil illathond kaanan kothikunna teams okke multiplexil poyi kaanum. Even if 30% of single screen viewers do that, it would have compensated for the loss from not showing in single screens. It is not a wild assumption.

double chankan
23rd February 2010, 01:45 PM
lal fansinde chori karanam mam fans aayi ennu parayunnavar pole, achutan ivide SRK fansinde membership kootum ennanu tonunnath..

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 01:46 PM
:kolleda:

Mr. Ha Ku, long run kittiyalpolum karyamila, as I said before a 100 days run in a single screen is equal to a 30 day run at a multiplex.
That's a bit exaggerated. It depends upon the attendance and ticket rates. Anyways let it be.

Single screensil illathond kaanan kothikunna teams okke multiplexil poyi kaanum. Even if 30% of single screen viewers do that, it would have compensated for the loss from not showing in single screens. It is not a wild assumption.
Haha best...
Ivide avg moviegoer-nu single screen illenkil pinne engane kaanum.. also 3 day wait cheythal pirated CD will be available in the market..Ingane one sided argumentinu thalparyamilla.. This will go on.. Sorry. Have it ur way.. It won't earn a penny from any of those theatres. Happy? Eniyenkilum ee soma nilavarathilulla posting nirthamo?

unnikuttan
23rd February 2010, 03:37 PM
Njanum kandu My name is khan...

Must Watch Film..Brave attempt from Karan Johar..

Sadarana karan johar films cinema theater vittu kazhinjal chinthikkanulla onnum tharilla.. ennal ee film thikachum vyathyasthamanu...Film kazhinjittum 'sharukh khante ' kadapathram manassil thangi nilkunnu..."Assalamu Alikoom..My name is khan ' and i am not a terrorist"..
Sharukh khan ithra perfect aayi abinayikkumennu njan karuthiyilla.. Brilliant:salut:
Karan Johar :salut:...Brave attempt from him ..Big salute to him....
cinemayil Parayan madikkunna pala karyanaglum valare shakathamaya reethiyil thanne kanichu thannu..
BGM & Camera : Excellent
Songs avashyamillatha oru padamanithu..stills songs are good..

NB : kurachu kalam munpu oru bomb spdanam nadannappol ivdieyulla oru suhruthu "Indiayile ella madrasakalum adachu poottanam"ennu parayukayundayi.. I wish let him watch 'My name is khan" ..

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 03:49 PM
Njanum kandu My name is khan...

Must Watch Film..Brave attempt from Karan Johar..

Sadarana karan johar films cinema theater vittu kazhinjal chinthikkanulla onnum tharilla.. ennal ee film thikachum vyathyasthamanu...Film kazhinjittum 'sharukh khante ' kadapathram manassil thangi nilkunnu..."Assalamu Alikoom..My name is khan ' and i am not a terrorist"..
Sharukh khan ithra perfect aayi abinayikkumennu njan karuthiyilla.. Brilliant:salut:
Karan Johar :salut:...Brave attempt from him ..Big salute to him....
cinemayil Parayan madikkunna pala karyanaglum valare shakathamaya reethiyil thanne kanichu thannu..
BGM & Camera : Excellent
Songs avashyamillatha oru padamanithu..stills songs are good..

NB : kurachu kalam munpu oru bomb spdanam nadannappol ivdieyulla oru suhruthu "Indiayile ella madrasakalum adachu poottanam"ennu parayukayundayi.. I wish let him watch 'My name is khan" ..

:cheers: :cheers: :salute:

Songs okke relavence ullathalle.. Takes the narrative forward.. Plus screenil kandappo songs nannayi thonniyille?

unnikuttan
23rd February 2010, 04:04 PM
:cheers: :cheers: :salute:

Songs okke relavence ullathalle.. Takes the narrative forward.. Plus screenil kandappo songs nannayi thonniyille?
Songs Rangde basanthiyil prayogicha pole koduthal mathiyarunnu... 'Noor E Khuda' and Allah Hi Reham ..perfect aayirunnu..

Hari Kuttan
23rd February 2010, 04:15 PM
Songs Rangde basanthiyil prayogicha pole koduthal mathiyarunnu... 'Noor E Khuda' and Allah Hi Reham ..perfect aayirunnu..
:kalakki::kalakki:

Antony Moses
23rd February 2010, 04:22 PM
lal fansinde chori karanam mam fans aayi ennu parayunnavar pole, achutan ivide SRK fansinde membership kootum ennanu tonunnath..
PHA kaaranam Prthvi fans koodunathu pole :kayyadi: :kayyadi:

Antony Moses
23rd February 2010, 04:24 PM
That's a bit exaggerated. It depends upon the attendance and ticket rates. Anyways let it be.

Haha best...

there is no exxsageration.. or else substantiate.

Ivide avg moviegoer-nu single screen illenkil pinne engane kaanum.. also 3 day wait cheythal pirated CD will be available in the market..Ingane one sided argumentinu thalparyamilla.. This will go on.. Sorry. Have it ur way.. It won't earn a penny from any of those theatres. Happy? Eniyenkilum ee soma nilavarathilulla posting nirthamo?

Nee athilum thaazhe nilavarathil postiyal ingineye marupadi tharan okku. :yudham: Oru judge vannirikunnu... :podey:

Krrish
23rd February 2010, 04:39 PM

PHA kaaranam IAS thudangiya pole enn para...... :rofl:

VikRamaN
23rd February 2010, 04:42 PM
i saw the movie on last sunday from evm kavitha..lot of expectations.but movie not upto the mark..good acting frm sharukh and well directed by karan..my detailed review coming up

double chankan
23rd February 2010, 04:46 PM

chilark appozhum natellila.. they claim they are not fans yet :rofl::rofl: