PDA

View Full Version : Kaminey Review!!! - My first post :)

mash
14th August 2009, 02:45 AM
Are you a Quentin Tarantino fan? Do you like Guy Ritchie movies? Then go and watch this movie. Dont spend time reading this review.:dancing:

When I watched the movies like "Snatch", "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" I used to think..Will I ever see dark-bold-crazy-crime-witty-cult-thriller indian movie?...Now I have the answer!!

Twin brothers - lisping charlie and sluttering guddu!! They are completely different in nature. Charlie dreams big and ready to do anything for money. Guddu works in a NGO firm. They hate each other. But one fine day, when Charlie get in to trouble with a drug mafia don and Guddu with a Raj Thakre style pro-marathi gangster, their life changes and goes through an unusual ride. Rest of the movies is about what happens when they had to meet each other ,with set of gangsters,currupt cops around them and hell lot of confusion!!.

Vishal Bharadwaj , you are awefsome!! He transformefs a very common fstory(old bollywood style) like this to gripping, fstylish witty gangfster movie with hifs tight fscreen play, great dialoguefs and fsome fsexy one-liners. He took care of minute details in each and every frame of the movie. From the initial scene where it shows "Apna Haath Jagannath" written on a door near a mallika's(?) poster, you know how much kamineypan this movie will have..

The camera work and the tone used for the movie gives us a perfect gangster movie feel.

Coming to the acting department.. Shahid proves that he is son of Pankaj Kapoor. He enacts twin charaters in completely different style.This year's Filmfare award goes to.... Priyanka does well as a bholi bhali marathi girl. But my pick is Amol Gupte(yes, Tare Zameen Par's screen play writer). He is absolutely revelation in his acting debut role.

Most of our movie makers doesnt use the background music well. This movie is an exception to that. Keep a note of the violent scene with Old hindi song as a background score!!!

If you are looking for some negatives, here we go..Movie takes around 15-20 minutes to establish the characters and the backdrop, but after that it is a roller-coster ride. Usage of blinking lights in Dhan Dhana song picturisation will definitly give you headache!. Few of the dialogues were in marathi and bengali which I couldnt understand. I guess those were funny as I saw few of my friends clapping and laughing :(

On the whole this is very well packed smart must watch movie and a tribute to old hindi movies in Hollywood Fstyle... Vishal salute to you sir!!

What are you waiting for? Book the tickets now :):

PS: They showed UTV's upcoming movie "Ishqiya"'s trailer starring Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi, Vidya Balan produced by Vishal. The promo looks promising.

jayakrishnan
14th August 2009, 03:02 AM
thanks for the review...

Robert Langdon
14th August 2009, 03:30 AM
Thanx Mash for your first review, post n:welcome:

Give an introduction here -> http://www.snehasallapam.com/showthread.php/introductions-new-members-1.html

pappadam
14th August 2009, 03:41 AM
sale kamineyyyyy:drink:

starlord
14th August 2009, 03:41 AM
Thanks mash...........

pappadam
14th August 2009, 03:42 AM
Thanks mashe ningal FK yile Aromal mashonnum allalo alle ?:welcome:

pappadam
14th August 2009, 03:53 AM
Are you a Quentin Tarantino fan? Do you like Guy Ritchie movies? Then go and watch this movie. Dont spend time reading this review.:dancing:

When I watched the movies like "Snatch", "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" I used to think..Will I ever see dark-bold-crazy-crime-witty-cult-thriller indian movie?...Now I have the answer!!

Twin brothers - lisping charlie and sluttering guddu!! They are completely different in nature. Charlie dreams big and ready to do anything for money. Guddu works in a NGO firm. They hate each other. But one fine day, when Charlie get in to trouble with a drug mafia don and Guddu with a Raj Thakre style pro-marathi gangster, their life changes and goes through an unusual ride. Rest of the movies is about what happens when they had to meet each other ,with set of gangsters,currupt cops around them and hell lot of confusion!!.

Vishal Bharadwaj , you are awefsome!! He transformefs a very common fstory(old bollywood style) like this to gripping, fstylish witty gangfster movie with hifs tight fscreen play, great dialoguefs and fsome fsexy one-liners. He took care of minute details in each and every frame of the movie. From the initial scene where it shows "Apna Haath Jagannath" written on a door near a mallika's(?) poster, you know how much kamineypan this movie will have..

The camera work and the tone used for the movie gives us a perfect gangster movie feel.

Coming to the acting department.. Shahid proves that he is son of Pankaj Kapoor. He enacts twin charaters in completely different style.This year's Filmfare award goes to.... Priyanka does well as a bholi bhali marathi girl. But my pick is Amol Gupte(yes, Tare Zameen Par's screen play writer). He is absolutely revelation in his acting debut role.

Most of our movie makers doesnt use the background music well. This movie is an exception to that. Keep a note of the violent scene with Old hindi song as a background score!!!

If you are looking for some negatives, here we go..Movie takes around 15-20 minutes to establish the characters and the backdrop, but after that it is a roller-coster ride. Usage of blinking lights in Dhan Dhana song picturisation will definitly give you headache!. Few of the dialogues were in marathi and bengali which I couldnt understand. I guess those were funny as I saw few of my friends clapping and laughing :(

On the whole this is very well packed smart must watch movie and a tribute to old hindi movies in Hollywood Fstyle... Vishal salute to you sir!!

What are you waiting for? Book the tickets now :):

PS: They showed UTV's upcoming movie "Ishqiya"'s trailer starring Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi, Vidya Balan produced by Vishal. The promo looks promising.

Tanks mashe
e fimine kurichu nammude binoy kuttanum nalla abhiprayamaanallo :clap:
Enthayaalum ithu kaanan theeerumanichu :thanks:

munshi02
14th August 2009, 04:24 AM
thanks mash..warm welcome to ss

Fontu
14th August 2009, 06:43 AM
thanks mash..excellent review..

CiD DaSaN
14th August 2009, 06:44 AM
Good review mash..

saharapookal
14th August 2009, 06:46 AM
Mashinu... SSyilek swagatham..........Thanks for the review.:clapping:

Sootran
14th August 2009, 07:11 AM
Good Review .oru professional touch undu

Invalid_user
14th August 2009, 08:08 AM
thankf mafh..... :cheerf:

SuryaVanshi
14th August 2009, 08:14 AM
wow Thanks eladuthum nalla review ithu njan kanum...Shahid Kapoorinte thanthapadi Pankaj Kapoor kidilam actor anu pakshe angerku kurachum koodi nalla role kitan undu ...

zooshtray
14th August 2009, 08:50 AM
Welcome to SS....review nannayitondu....Hope this movie does well....H1N1 karanam theateresil okke aalu kurayunnondu.

Antony Moses
14th August 2009, 08:59 AM
Kadukidu. :welcome:

Sree
14th August 2009, 08:59 AM
thanks mash and :welcome:

ethaa theater ennonnum koduthu kandilla...plz add those details too

Mr.Cool
14th August 2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks mash!!

Raja Sen finally praised one film :) >> Kaminey review: Very very fexy: Rediff.com movies (http://movies.rediff.com/report/2009/aug/12/kaminey-review.htm)

mash
14th August 2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks mashe ningal FK yile Aromal mashonnum allalo alle ?

Alla

Thanks for welcoming me all. Actually I am a regular reader of this forum from initial days.

Eazy Jozy
14th August 2009, 10:24 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/2ivb4o8.jpg

kuttoos
14th August 2009, 10:44 AM
ambo nammade mash:kidilam:
annan eppozhum wisconsin ano ?
welcome to SS:Yahoo:

Tony
14th August 2009, 10:49 AM
thanks maash.......

Malayalee
14th August 2009, 10:50 AM
Thnx mash :scratch: TOI rating 4/5 aanu.. so super padam aanennu urappanu..

gujav
14th August 2009, 11:21 AM
Alla

Thanks for welcoming me all. Actually I am a regular reader of this forum from initial days.

well written review!! Thanks mashe!! :kudi:
Welcome to active SS :welcome:

Hari Kuttan
14th August 2009, 01:19 PM
:welcome: and thanks for the well written review :cheers:

lalistheonlySuperStar
14th August 2009, 01:31 PM
MASH (nammude old pazhaya mash alle? ):hurray:

Arjun
14th August 2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks mashee ...

SuryaVanshi
14th August 2009, 02:44 PM
etha ie mash ...:naughty:

ajith
14th August 2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the review, kore cinema kananondallo enikini..:kannuruttu:

mash
14th August 2009, 04:59 PM
ambo nammade mash:kidilam:
annan eppozhum wisconsin ano ?
welcome to SS:Yahoo:

Kuttoosa.. ippo nhan nattila.. 6 masam aayi ivide ...

Mallik Bhai
14th August 2009, 05:02 PM
mash SSle intro thanne kidu padathinte review aayittaanallo..endhaayaalum welcome to SS n danx for the review...

Shambu
14th August 2009, 05:05 PM
a great intro... SS ilekku swagatham...

nice review

:kayyadi::kayyadi::kayyadi::kayyadi:

Transporter
14th August 2009, 06:28 PM
thanks mash

KasinathaN
14th August 2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks mash

:welcome:

mash
15th August 2009, 12:14 AM
mash SSle intro thanne kidu padathinte review aayittaanallo..endhaayaalum welcome to SS n danx for the review...

a great intro... SS ilekku swagatham...

nice review

:kayyadi::kayyadi::kayyadi::kayyadi:

nhan ividokke thanne undayirunnu as a silent reader. danks for the warm welcome:ssrocks:.

Sree
15th August 2009, 12:17 AM
nhan ividokke thanne undayirunnu as a silent reader. danks for the warm welcome:ssrocks:.

karthave ividem silent readeraa :virattal:

CiD DaSaN
15th August 2009, 12:18 AM
Chicago Mash alle?

mash
15th August 2009, 12:20 AM
Chicago Mash alle?

avidayirunnu. ippo nattila..

Robert Langdon
15th August 2009, 12:22 AM
avidayirunnu. ippo nattila..
Nattil evideyaanu ippo ? BTB ethu theatre il ninnanu kande ?

Mr.Lonely
15th August 2009, 01:05 AM
thanks mash

Shyam
15th August 2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks mashe

Kumbidi
15th August 2009, 10:23 AM
thanks mashe... :cheers:
ithu aromal mash aano???

Sree
15th August 2009, 10:32 AM
thanks mashe... :cheers:
ithu aromal mash aano???

alla :peace:

Kumbidi
15th August 2009, 10:37 AM
alla :peace:

oh... thettidharichu... :(

mash
15th August 2009, 12:08 PM
oh... thettidharichu... :(

no probs :valiya_chiri:

kuttoos
15th August 2009, 09:43 PM
Kuttoosa.. ippo nhan nattila.. 6 masam aayi ivide ...
rekshapettalle:sureshgopi:

mash
16th August 2009, 09:32 PM
rekshapettalle:sureshgopi:

yep :choolam:

critic
16th August 2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks Mashe. good review. Keep them coming.

Antony Moses
16th August 2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks mash!!

Raja Sen finally praised one film :) >> Kaminey review: Very very fexy: Rediff.com movies (http://movies.rediff.com/report/2009/aug/12/kaminey-review.htm)
Kaminey was never so good as he rated it.

mash
17th August 2009, 11:09 PM
Kaminey was never so good as he rated it.

For me this is one of the best hindi movie i have seen in recent time :rock:

Antony Moses
17th August 2009, 11:15 PM
For me this is one of the best hindi movie i have seen in recent time :rock:
Oh that's true. That's more because of the direness of the other movies than this being a masterpiece.

double chankan
18th August 2009, 12:56 AM
thnx maash, just back after watching the movie..

i guess the hyped reviews ditched me... din find the movie interesting except for shahid and amol gupte..

priyanka was good to start with, but then nothing much to do for her