PDA

View Full Version : Inglorious Basterds Kaminey and The Ugly truth : Neelan's Review !

Neelan
26th August 2009, 07:10 AM
I had a chance to see two of most awaited movies in two woods Bolly and Holly side by side .Surprisingly there wasn't a rush or so much crowd for either of two .

Ugly truth was full house (WTF :valare_mosham:) !

Inglorious Bastards ..

Plot takes place in the backdrop of Nazi Invasion in France , shows how Nazis' hunt jewish families and their atrocities .A set of American Jewish soldiers headed by Brad Pitt is dropped into France .. mission is to kill as many Nazis and terrorize them. But when you think that the the whole movie will be about how jews were haunted or How Brad pitt and his team retaliates thats where writer Tarantino kicks in .He takes the story through different levels and relates it to many events which we would never expect ! Believe me No actor will win Oscar for a performance in this movie Director is the main man here each scene got his touch .Each and every character has that Tarantino effect on them . Direction ,camera, back ground score all are Spot on ! Not that violent when compared to Kill bill or any other but hey its got its own scenes / sequences which wont disappoint. The climax of the movie is different one may have to re write the history books to believe it ..and this movie is long ..running time is 158 mins But you wont get bored , its got all the ingredients ! I would say it is a must see classic .The casting is another factor they just takes you with the story hats off for the casting director esp Christopher waltz he may have out shined Brad Pitt who some times had traits of Brando's character in god father . Inglorious Bastards is never anything less than ridiculously entertaining, it's nothing Tarantino hasn't done before .

Kaminey

Another well directed movie .I m huge admirer of guy rutchie / Tarantino movie where many sub plots comes into and makes the climax a totally unexpected one .Kaminey is some what like that but still cant escape from the bollywood curse at times the romance and sentiments were odd but the movie is a new experience and hopefully this should pave the way for new movies in bollywood which always rely 5-6 songs and dances and all .Our directors still fear the back lash if hero dies and i think thats what it stands off .Story is made in a way for stars to be stars ! Shahid did a good job but so called villains were as good as him over all a new experience and worth watching .

Ugly truth ..

This movie was running full house its a typical Chick Flick ..

I went for this one coz of one reason only Katherine Heigl :premam::premam:

Funny at some parts until love kicks in then its predictable ..Go for it if you got a gal wid u and beware of some whining after the movie :nakku:

Mr.Lonely
26th August 2009, 07:18 AM
thanks Neelan :hi:
Will see IB soon :cheers:

sertzui
26th August 2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks Neelan

I saw IB last weekend and can say it was just awesome.

Neelan
26th August 2009, 07:37 AM
Thanks Neelan

I saw IB last weekend and can say it was just awesome.

thanks sertzui anna ...it was a class flick !

~Saji~
26th August 2009, 08:09 AM
thanks neelan...kaananam ennundu...

Invalid_user
26th August 2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks neelan... :)

Pankajakshan
26th August 2009, 08:16 AM
Kaminey kaananam :|

double chankan
26th August 2009, 08:18 AM
thnx neelan

double chankan
26th August 2009, 08:20 AM
Kaminey kaananam :|
kannadi nokkade

Neelan
26th August 2009, 08:20 AM
thanks saji anna n zodi n panks n DC :handshake:

Mallik Bhai
26th August 2009, 08:25 AM
wow...gr8 reading...3 in 1...thanx neelan

IB ivide release aayo? it seems this ws the movie tht tarantino ws supposd2 do aft pulp fiction, but script endh cheydhittum munnottu poyillenn! then he went on to kill bill series n then just one fine morning, he just dusted this script up, didnt make any additions, n jus made it!!!

read his interview last sunday's indian express sunday supp...so typical of the man!!!

Invalid_user
26th August 2009, 08:30 AM
kannadi nokkade

:lol: :lol:

Sree
26th August 2009, 08:45 AM
thanks neela

Neelan
26th August 2009, 08:56 AM
thanks machaans ....

BrandoLal
26th August 2009, 09:16 AM
I had a chance to see two of most awaited movies in two woods Bolly and Holly side by side .Surprisingly there wasn't a rush or so much crowd for either of two .

Ugly truth was full house (WTF :valare_mosham:) !

Inglorious Bastards ..

Plot takes place in the backdrop of Nazi Invasion in France , shows how Nazis' hunt jewish families and their atrocities .A set of American Jewish soldiers headed by Brad Pitt is dropped into France .. mission is to kill as many Nazis and terrorize them. But when you think that the the whole movie will be about how jews were haunted or How Brad pitt and his team retaliates thats where writer Tarantino kicks in .He takes the story through different levels and relates it to many events which we would never expect ! Believe me No actor will win Oscar for a performance in this movie Director is the main man here each scene got his touch .Each and every character has that Tarantino effect on them . Direction ,camera, back ground score all are Spot on ! Not that violent when compared to Kill bill or any other but hey its got its own scenes / sequences which wont disappoint. The climax of the movie is different one may have to re write the history books to believe it ..and this movie is long ..running time is 158 mins But you wont get bored , its got all the ingredients ! I would say it is a must see classic .The casting is another factor they just takes you with the story hats off for the casting director esp Christopher waltz he may have out shined Brad Pitt who some times had traits of Brando's character in god father . Inglorious Bastards is never anything less than ridiculously entertaining, it's nothing Tarantino hasn't done before .

Kaminey

Another well directed movie .I m huge admirer of guy rutchie / Tarantino movie where many sub plots comes into and makes the climax a totally unexpected one .Kaminey is some what like that but still cant escape from the bollywood curse at times the romance and sentiments were odd but the movie is a new experience and hopefully this should pave the way for new movies in bollywood which always rely 5-6 songs and dances and all .Our directors still fear the back lash if hero dies and i think thats what it stands off .Story is made in a way for stars to be stars ! Shahid did a good job but so called villains were as good as him over all a new experience and worth watching .

Ugly truth ..

This movie was running full house its a typical Chick Flick ..

I went for this one coz of one reason only Katherine Heigl :premam::premam:

Funny at some parts until love kicks in then its predictable ..Go for it if you got a gal wid u and beware of some whining after the movie :nakku:

Thanks neelan....
Looks like Tarantino is in form after true Romance and Pulp Fiction:kalakki::kalakki:

BrandoLal
26th August 2009, 09:19 AM
wow...gr8 reading...3 in 1...thanx neelan

IB ivide release aayo? it seems this ws the movie tht tarantino ws supposd2 do aft pulp fiction, but script endh cheydhittum munnottu poyillenn! then he went on to kill bill series n then just one fine morning, he just dusted this script up, didnt make any additions, n jus made it!!!

read his interview last sunday's indian express sunday supp...so typical of the man!!!

Anna...pulli IB-yile adya 2 chapters (Shoshanna's family murder and Basterds intro) aanu pulp fiction-nu shesham ezhuthiyathu...Baaki 3 chapters kazhinja jan-july time-il aanu ezhuthiyathu.....:kayyadi::kayyadi:

Antony Moses
26th August 2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks Neelan,

IBilum chapter wise aanu presentation alle? Chronology keep cheythittundo?

Vascodagama
26th August 2009, 09:37 AM
thanks neelan!!!!!

inglourious basterds keralayil relase cheythetilla!!

netil akke ts print matram annuu avialable!! waiting for dvdscr or r5 print to rlease!!!

Neelan
26th August 2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks Neelan,

IBilum chapter wise aanu presentation alle? Chronology keep cheythittundo?

thanks neelan!!!!!

inglourious basterds keralayil relase cheythetilla!!

netil akke ts print matram annuu avialable!! waiting for dvdscr or r5 print to rlease!!!

Chapterwise thanne ethilum .....orderly and related anu chapters ellam ! .aliya Vasco nalla printil kananam visuals ellam athi gambheeram thanne....

Mallik Bhai
26th August 2009, 10:49 AM
Anna...pulli IB-yile adya 2 chapters (Shoshanna's family murder and Basterds intro) aanu pulp fiction-nu shesham ezhuthiyathu...Baaki 3 chapters kazhinja jan-july time-il aanu ezhuthiyathu.....:kayyadi::kayyadi:
thanne alle....thanxu for the info....

Mr.Cool
26th August 2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks Neelan.
IMDB-il India release date-ne kurichonnum parayunnilla.

Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Release dates (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/releaseinfo)

Malayalee
26th August 2009, 12:25 PM
Thnx Neelan.

Tony
26th August 2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks neelan.

kiroo
26th August 2009, 12:26 PM
thanks neelan............!!!

Kumbidi
26th August 2009, 12:26 PM
thanks neelan..

Tony
26th August 2009, 12:27 PM
It would be better if you put verdict of each movie at the end of the reviews...

KasinathaN
26th August 2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks neelan

BrandoLal
26th August 2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks Neelan.
IMDB-il India release date-ne kurichonnum parayunnilla.

Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Release dates (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/releaseinfo)

R-rated films angane India-yil irangarillallo...:?

Neelan
26th August 2009, 01:23 PM
It would be better if you put verdict of each movie at the end of the reviews...

though about putting a rating mate but missed out on that will do it laters ...

Thanks all machaans .............:thanks::thanks:

Robert Langdon
26th August 2009, 01:23 PM
Thanx Neelan...

Ali Imran
26th August 2009, 07:40 PM
thnks neelan

Shambu
26th August 2009, 07:43 PM
thnks Neelan

munshi02
26th August 2009, 07:54 PM
thanks neelan

IB kanan half minded anu what do u suggest worth a watch?

Hari Kuttan
26th August 2009, 08:02 PM
thanks neelan

IB kanan half minded anu what do u suggest worth a watch?
Go for it anna.. Nalla entertainer anu.. :kalakki:

Hari Kuttan
26th August 2009, 08:03 PM
BTW Thanks neeli annan.. Very well written review..

Hari Kuttan
26th August 2009, 08:06 PM