PDA

View Full Version : Kahaani: Machiavellian Views

Paul Barber
3rd April 2012, 08:44 PM
30/3/2012

Satyam Cinemas Chennai

Vidya Balan has been the center of attraction in bollywood for quite some time now thanks a bold outing in "The Dirty Picture". This time she takes up another challenge altogether-a pregnant woman who comes to Kolkata in search of her missing husband!

Just like the intriguing story-line the movie is quite well made;Thanks to a brilliant script and able direction. I found it well paced opposite to some reviews i read. Director loves Kolkata it seems-he brilliantly captured the soul of kolkata; the durga puja sequences deserve a special mention.

Vidya does a great job as Vidya aka Bida Bagchi. She reaffirms why she is an asset to bollywood. Parambrata Chatterjee shined as Satyoki aka Rana who helps Vidya in her search. Another laudable performance came from Nawazuddin Siddiqui who just lived as an arrogan IB officer.

Music by Vishal-Shekar was too good. Songs just blended perfectly with the film's backdrop.

All in all Kahaani is an excellent effort that deserves all the appraisals it received.

Rating-8/10

lol
3rd April 2012, 08:54 PM
ya had seen it .. i thought it was late to be reviewed .. btu yaaa .. excellent movie .. vidya is the best actress in bollywood .. right now

lalistheonlySuperStar
3rd April 2012, 09:04 PM
thanks mach

Hakuna matata
3rd April 2012, 09:08 PM
Thanx macheli

Hakuna matata
3rd April 2012, 09:09 PM
E threadil koyikotkar matre postiyitulalo:)

Paul Barber
3rd April 2012, 09:17 PM
thanks all :friendsy:

DreamAddict
3rd April 2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks machi, ithu vare ithonnu kaanan pattiyilla :-(

navarannan
3rd April 2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks Machi. Review vaayichilla.. Might spoil the thrill of the movie.

pulijose
3rd April 2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks vellimachan:grin:

KasinathaN
3rd April 2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks Machi

Bheeman Reghu
3rd April 2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks Machi

navarannan
18th April 2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks Machia..

Yes the movie is brilliant..

Plot holes ennu chindicha mikkathinum convincing explanation IMDB yil ninnu kittunnu..