• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  21
    Likes Likes:  508
    Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Results 481 to 490 of 1024
    1. #481
      Miaaaowww
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      The Poocha's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      5,200
      Mentioned
      56 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      202649

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Sree View Post


      and ..something more to add ....luciferile role vechu athu cameo ennokke alakkenda karyamundo..especially athu 3 part movie aaya sahacharyathil? ..

      surya also content driven movies cheyyunnille..hes not all mass driven movie guy anyways

      and the main thing i would like to say ...enthinum ethinum ...njangade ettan/ikka cheytha pole avar cheyyumo ...avarde fans njangade ettane/ikkaye parayanum vendi aayo enna mattilulla ee discussion enthinaanennu manassilaakunnilla...they are doing well in their space ..their movies are making big money ...maybe 1-2 movies per year ...but the money thats made from that one movie is huge ...once in a while oru pink remake okke try cheyyamennallathe ...i dont think they can experiment too much ..havent seen kathi/thuppakki or even thalaiva...but athokke oru usual vijay movie aanennu thonnunnilla going by the reviews ..let them do movies that works for them....lets be proud that we have such brilliant actors...but in doing so.... we shud belittle them?


      Last edited by The Poocha; 9th March 2020 at 09:48 PM.
      रू-ब-रू खुद से हुआ हूँ, मुझमें मुझको तू मिला
      बादलों के इस जहाँ में आसमाँ तुझमें मिला
      पिघली है अब रात भी, है सहर भी ये नम
      ना खुदा मैं तो रहा, बन गया तू धरम

    2. #482
      Active User
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Aravind Krishnan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Posts
      812
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      698

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Sree View Post


      and ..something more to add ....luciferile role vechu athu cameo ennokke alakkenda karyamundo..especially athu 3 part movie aaya sahacharyathil? ..

      surya also content driven movies cheyyunnille..hes not all mass driven movie guy anyways

      and the main thing i would like to say ...enthinum ethinum ...njangade ettan/ikka cheytha pole avar cheyyumo ...avarde fans njangade ettane/ikkaye parayanum vendi aayo enna mattilulla ee discussion enthinaanennu manassilaakunnilla...they are doing well in their space ..their movies are making big money ...maybe 1-2 movies per year ...but the money thats made from that one movie is huge ...once in a while oru pink remake okke try cheyyamennallathe ...i dont think they can experiment too much ..havent seen kathi/thuppakki or even thalaiva...but athokke oru usual vijay movie aanennu thonnunnilla going by the reviews ..let them do movies that works for them....lets be proud that we have such brilliant actors...but in doing so.... we shud belittle them?
      -What Intex was pointing out was that had a Shylock or a Brothers' Day (let's forget Big Brother) released in another Indian language, those films would have been better received, and I feel he has a point. That's because I believe we leave our brains at home when watching other language movies and give more leeway while when the same content appears in Malayalam we put our thinking caps on

      -the original post I replied to compared Lal/Mam with these actors and criticised the former set for having low energy in their mass movies when actually they are in their 60's while Vijay et al are in their 40's...I just repeated what others pointed out...(Having said that Ikka and Lal should stop acting in such movies, that's a separate issue though.)

      -We should really compare the likes of Vijay, Ajith with our young stars (who have equal amounts of energy and youth), and yet who do not have anywhere near the same hype or hoopla around them and are yet 10x better...Fafa doesnt even have a fans association...If the same sort of hype for a Bigil or Sarkar was given to a Trance (which I'm sure is a better film), perhaps things may be different. In fact if a Trance or a 9 was released as a non-Malayalam film maybe the appreciation may have been greater in those circles.

      -As for Surya, I used to be a big fan, Varanaam Ayiraam, Kakka Kakka, Ghajini, 7aam Arivu cheitha aal ippol Kaappan pole third rate craps cheyumbol...I dunno what to say, the last performance I enjoyed from him was in 24...hopefully Sorarai Potru will bring him back somewhat, but his next film after is with Hari

    3. #483
      Miaaaowww
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      The Poocha's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      5,200
      Mentioned
      56 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      202649

      Default

      Thappad



      I actually saw this movie on its opening weekend and to be honest it was one of those movies that was disturbing to me. As a normally brought up entitled Indian male,it really got me where it hurt. Because the incident at the centre of this movie is actually very close to my real life.

      My wife is a judoka who has won plenty of accolades at the state level. So ,one day while in the midst of a normal domestic argument,I casually insult her ring skills. She is offended and challenges me to 3 rounds in the backyard. As a male Indian specimen,I overestimate my primal fighting skills and accept her challenge. The first 2 rounds(1min each) are evenly matched. I manage to survive her skills and am playing the cocky heel to perfection. Less than 20 seconds into the third round,my wife has got me in a submission hold and I refuse to tap out. When she's sure that I will pass out due to my stubborn resistance,she lets go of my neck.I am now aware of the fact that she was going easy on me for the first 2 rounds For the next one week,I was playing the role of the wounded puppy and was sulking at every opportunity that I got. Eventually,my wife got tired of my moping and asked me whether the reason I was upset was coz I lost the contest or that I lost the contest to a woman. That question left me stunned. As much as I wanted to portray myself as a woke Indian male,my ego couldn't allow me to be defeated by a woman.2 days later, with big ugly tears streaming down my cheek,I apologized to my wife and am currently comfortable playing the role of the damsel in distress coz I've come to peace with the realization that my wife is the badass.

      In Thappad,Tapsee seeks divorce from her hubby on account of a slap delivered in the heat of the moment. The slap makes her re evaluate her life and makes her aware of her victimhood in the name of patriarchy. Its a bloody brilliant movie and the best of the year so far. Everything in the movie works. From the theme to the performance s to the making. In short, must watch.Go watch.

      Rating:4.5/5(Legendary)

      PS:I am training earnestly at the gym for a rematch next year
      Last edited by The Poocha; 9th March 2020 at 10:12 PM.
      रू-ब-रू खुद से हुआ हूँ, मुझमें मुझको तू मिला
      बादलों के इस जहाँ में आसमाँ तुझमें मिला
      पिघली है अब रात भी, है सहर भी ये नम
      ना खुदा मैं तो रहा, बन गया तू धरम

    4. #484
      Active User
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Thorappan Bastin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      3,184
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      475

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by The Poocha View Post
      Thappad

      https://i.imgur.com/hf7sH42.jpg

      I actually saw this movie on its opening weekend and to be honest it was one of those movies that was disturbing to me. As a normally brought up entitled Indian male,it really got me where it hurt. Because the incident at the centre of this movie is actually very close to my real life.

      My wife is a judoka who has won plenty of accolades at the state level. So ,one day while in the midst of a normal domestic argument,I casually insult her ring skills. She is offended and challenges me to 3 rounds in the backyard. As a male Indian specimen,I overestimate my primal fighting skills and accept her challenge. The first 2 rounds(1min each) are evenly matched. I manage to survive her skills and am playing the cocky heel to perfection. Less than 20 seconds into the third round,my wife has got me in a submission hold and I refuse to tap out. When she's sure that I will pass out due to my stubborn resistance,she lets go of my neck.I am now aware of the fact that she was going easy on me for the first 2 rounds For the next one week,I was playing the role of the wounded puppy and was sulking at every opportunity that I got. Eventually,my wife got tired of my moping and asked me whether the reason I was upset was coz I lost the contest or that I lost the contest to a woman. That question left me stunned. As much as I wanted to portray myself as a woke Indian male,my ego couldn't allow me to be defeated by a woman.2 days later, with big ugly tears streaming down my cheek,I apologized to my wife and am currently comfortable playing the role of the damsel in distress coz I've come to peace with the realization that my wife is the badass.

      In Thappad,Tapsee seeks divorce from her hubby on account of a slap delivered in the heat of the moment. The slap makes her re evaluate her life and makes her aware of her victimhood in the name of patriarchy. Its a bloody brilliant movie and the best of the year so far. Everything in the movie works. From the theme to the performance s to the making. In short, must watch.Go watch.

      Rating:4.5/5(Legendary)

      PS:I am training earnestly at the gym for a rematch next year
      Thanks man... ithu kaananm..
      Ayappanum Koshiyilum aake negative aayittu enikku thonniyath aa bharyaye thalluna scene aayirunnu..

    5. #485
      Super Moderator
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      anukutty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Posts
      29,348
      Mentioned
      64 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      8775

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Aravind Krishnan View Post
      -What Intex was pointing out was that had a Shylock or a Brothers' Day (let's forget Big Brother) released in another Indian language, those films would have been better received, and I feel he has a point. That's because I believe we leave our brains at home when watching other language movies and give more leeway while when the same content appears in Malayalam we put our thinking caps on

      -the original post I replied to compared Lal/Mam with these actors and criticised the former set for having low energy in their mass movies when actually they are in their 60's while Vijay et al are in their 40's...I just repeated what others pointed out...(Having said that Ikka and Lal should stop acting in such movies, that's a separate issue though.)

      -We should really compare the likes of Vijay, Ajith with our young stars (who have equal amounts of energy and youth), and yet who do not have anywhere near the same hype or hoopla around them and are yet 10x better...Fafa doesnt even have a fans association...If the same sort of hype for a Bigil or Sarkar was given to a Trance (which I'm sure is a better film), perhaps things may be different. In fact if a Trance or a 9 was released as a non-Malayalam film maybe the appreciation may have been greater in those circles.

      -As for Surya, I used to be a big fan, Varanaam Ayiraam, Kakka Kakka, Ghajini, 7aam Arivu cheitha aal ippol Kaappan pole third rate craps cheyumbol...I dunno what to say, the last performance I enjoyed from him was in 24...hopefully Sorarai Potru will bring him back somewhat, but his next film after is with Hari
      Chodyam utharam okke athil thanne undu...enthu kondu...otherlanguge mass moviesinu support kittunnu ennathum....shylock,Big bro okke ethu bhashayil irangiyaalum pottum.,,ethrayo mass movie other languageisl pottunnu,.,.,athippo mass movie maathramalla chilappo Kahani poloru cinema malayalathil irangiyaalum aa appreciation kittanamennilla..BO chilappo unpredicatble aanu...
      Last edited by anukutty; 10th March 2020 at 01:01 AM.
      Best page in SS : Read page No 228 of Odiyan official thread.

    6. #486
      Active User
      is Dr. Strangelove
       
      I am:
      Crazy
       
      Smartu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Bangalore/Thrissur
      Posts
      19,522
      Mentioned
      212 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      42275

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by The Poocha View Post
      Thappad

      https://i.imgur.com/hf7sH42.jpg

      I actually saw this movie on its opening weekend and to be honest it was one of those movies that was disturbing to me. As a normally brought up entitled Indian male,it really got me where it hurt. Because the incident at the centre of this movie is actually very close to my real life.

      My wife is a judoka who has won plenty of accolades at the state level. So ,one day while in the midst of a normal domestic argument,I casually insult her ring skills. She is offended and challenges me to 3 rounds in the backyard. As a male Indian specimen,I overestimate my primal fighting skills and accept her challenge. The first 2 rounds(1min each) are evenly matched. I manage to survive her skills and am playing the cocky heel to perfection. Less than 20 seconds into the third round,my wife has got me in a submission hold and I refuse to tap out. When she's sure that I will pass out due to my stubborn resistance,she lets go of my neck.I am now aware of the fact that she was going easy on me for the first 2 rounds For the next one week,I was playing the role of the wounded puppy and was sulking at every opportunity that I got. Eventually,my wife got tired of my moping and asked me whether the reason I was upset was coz I lost the contest or that I lost the contest to a woman. That question left me stunned. As much as I wanted to portray myself as a woke Indian male,my ego couldn't allow me to be defeated by a woman.2 days later, with big ugly tears streaming down my cheek,I apologized to my wife and am currently comfortable playing the role of the damsel in distress coz I've come to peace with the realization that my wife is the badass.

      In Thappad,Tapsee seeks divorce from her hubby on account of a slap delivered in the heat of the moment. The slap makes her re evaluate her life and makes her aware of her victimhood in the name of patriarchy. Its a bloody brilliant movie and the best of the year so far. Everything in the movie works. From the theme to the performance s to the making. In short, must watch.Go watch.

      Rating:4.5/5(Legendary)

      PS:I am training earnestly at the gym for a rematch next year
      idi kondu paripilaki ennu saram

      btw as a movie loved it as well
      Best in the World

    7. #487
      RoyaL Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      ITV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      44,704
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      94867

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ITV View Post
      https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...=5E8DF1F6&dl=1

      ദിയ (കന്നഡ)

      ലളിതം സുന്ദരം അതിമനോഹരം

      ഒരുപാട് തവണ കണ്ട ഒരു കഥ പ്രധാന താരങ്ങളുടെ പ്രകടനം കൊണ്ടും ഇതൊരു കൊറിയൻ സിനിമ റീമേക്ക് ആണോ എന്ന് തോന്നിപ്പിക്കുന്ന രീതിയിൽ ഉള്ള മേക്കിങ്ങും കൊണ്ട് അതിമനോഹര പ്രണയകഥ ആയി മാറി

      ചിത്രത്തിന്റെ ജീവൻ എന്ന് പറയുന്നത് ഖുഷി രവി എന്ന നായികയുടെ ക്യൂട്ട്നെസ് & നല്ല പെർഫോമൻസ് ആണ്. മലയാളമോ തമിഴോ ആയിരുന്നേൽ കൊച്ചിപ്പൊ വേറെ ലെവൽ ഫാൻ ഫോളോയിങ്ങ് ആയേനെ

      ഖുഷി❤❤❤❤❤

      പാട്ടും ഡാൻസുമില്ല, ഫൈറ്റില്ല, കോമഡി ട്രാക്കോ താരങ്ങളോ ഇല്ല, മുഖം ചുളിപ്പിക്കുന്ന ഒരു സീനോ ഡയലോഗോ എന്തിന് ഒരു ഫ്രെയിം പോലുമില്ല

      എന്നിട്ടും രണ്ടേകാൽ മണിക്കൂർ നല്ല വിഷ്വൽസ് ഒക്കെ ഉള്ള നല്ല ഡയലോഗുകൾ ഉള്ള, ഒരുഗ്രൻ പ്രണയചിത്രം

      DON'T MISS IT

      Prime Video: Dia
      Msoneil publish cheyyaan I'm working on malayalam subtitles now

      Last 30 minutes subtitle work koodeyundu
      Kadutha vimarshanangal nalki kuttavum kuravum choondi kaatti koode undaakanam

      OH! MY KADAVULE - EXCELLENT ROMANTIC COMEDY ENTERTAINER WITH A TINGE OF FANTASY, GO FOR IT

    8. #488
      Super Moderator
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      anukutty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Posts
      29,348
      Mentioned
      64 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      8775

      Default

      Prathi poovan Kozhi..Disappointing...Chumma thattikkoottiya oru feel..Performances tharakkedilla...Roshan kidukkiyittundu.., pervert lookum...Anusree,Manju okke decent ennu parayaam..pakshe mothathil oru prathyekatha illaatha nirguna cinema,,,
      Best page in SS : Read page No 228 of Odiyan official thread.

    9. #489
      Limitless Man
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      ~Saji~'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      62,987
      Mentioned
      97 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      141227

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by The Poocha View Post
      Flood star evide kidakkunnu,Vijay Ajith evide kidakkunnu
      Malayalies came to a balance with real fanship only for vijay-ajith etc and will appreciate our stars if they do good movies...that is why no superstar after Ms..

      Ms has fans but all of them are above 30-35 years of age, I suspect.
      Out bdyond ideas of wrongdoings and rightdoing, there is a field. I 'll meet you there
      ~RUMI~

    10. #490
      SS nerangi
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      Cool
       
      ittichen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      22,277
      Mentioned
      26 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Rep Power
      27059

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by The Poocha View Post
      Thappad



      PS:I am training earnestly at the gym for a rematch next year
      training karo..DP il ulla angere pole aakoo..appo aareyum pedikkandallo..


      ssneun naega gajang joh-ahaneun yeonghwa poleom-ibnida



    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •